Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8889909192939495969798...LastNext
Current Page: 93 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: February 22, 2021 16:47

yorkshirestone
welshphil
yorkshirestone
Aerosmith just bumped their euro tour forward 12m to summer 2022

Hi Yorkshire Stone .Do you still live in Yorkshire ? I live in West Yorkshire.
Yep - Huddersfield!

I live in Sowerby Bridge, we'll have to meet up or a beer when the pubs reopen .

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 22, 2021 20:28

yorkshirestone
Aerosmith just bumped their euro tour forward 12m to summer 2022

Not surprising considering all of the other bands moving their shows to 2022, and in some cases flat out canceling everything as The Who just did.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 23, 2021 06:28

2022 gonna be a busy concert year!

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: February 23, 2021 06:51

Today 2/22/21 the singer Maluma just announced a fall 2021 arena tour in the USA
[www.rollingstone.com]

I mention cause many posts speculate on possible entry requirements, dates, insurance etc.
Here you have a singer who booked major arena venues and is selling tickets for fall 2021 in Los Angeles the forum and nyc Madison Square Garden. Also has the o2 in london booked for june 11 2021

Date: February 23, 2021 07:42

Never heard of Maluma until now, but even if I wanted to see him not sure I'd be ready to invest/gamble in purchasing tickets to a show where covid restrictions and guidelines are still unknown.
Seems a bit risky in more ways than one considering the uncertainties at this point in time, and sounds like they might be putting the cart before the horse.

>Maluma

Maluma’s tour generally fits with the live entertainment industry’s hope that concerts and touring would be able to return by this fall.
Still, with many uncertainties surrounding the safety of large gatherings during the pandemic, even as more people get vaccinated, CMN (promoter) said
it will “follow and comply with recommendations and guidelines imposed by governmental authorities and public health departments” throughout Maluma’s tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-23 09:13 by Hairball.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 24, 2021 04:41

Ticketmaster has tickets available for The Cult in Biloxi, MS for 11-5-2021. The rest of the (short) tour, which was originally slated for about the same time frame last fall, is still postponed.

Date: February 24, 2021 05:48

I just read that the decent young band KALEO from Iceland who opened a couple of shows for the Stones in 2019 (I saw them at Pasadena and Glendale) have postponed their US tour again, pushing the dates to 2022.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: February 24, 2021 09:52

A lot of flat cap wearers here.Hello to fellow Yorkshire men:Yorkshire Stone and welshphil.I am here in sunny Bingley.

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: February 24, 2021 12:15

stargroover
A lot of flat cap wearers here.Hello to fellow Yorkshire men:Yorkshire Stone and welshphil.I am here in sunny Bingley.
Good morning to you too , drizzly here in SB..

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 24, 2021 15:28

Reading and Leeds Festival 2021 to go ahead - and tickets are on sale.
Stormzy, Catfish and the Bottlemen, Post Malone, Disclosure, Liam Gallagher and Queens of the Stone Age are all on the lineup.

[www.bristolpost.co.uk]

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: February 24, 2021 16:08

Hairball
I just read that the decent young band KALEO from Iceland who opened a couple of shows for the Stones in 2019 (I saw them at Pasadena and Glendale) have postponed their US tour again, pushing the dates to 2022.

I saw the Glendale AZ show and really enjoyed Kaleo!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 24, 2021 17:28

Nate
bitusa2012
Nate
jbwelda
Vaccination certificate? Did you get one of those? I don't think they exist. That's why any such screening really does not guarantee anything. Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not have germs on you. Perhaps proof of a negative test result with X number of hours would be better but it is still not really a guarantee you will not have become contagious in those X hours.

There really is no way to enforce things like this and turn away people because of it, hence, masks. Makes sense.

jb

So you envisage a permanent future of large scale events full of people wearing masks.At some point you have to accept a tolerable level of death caused by this disease.

I won’t be attending any party where I can’t see anyone’s smile.

Nate

Half a million deaths in the US ... tolerable? For you perhaps, for the families left behind? I actually do agree it’s something we’re going to have to learn to live with, which is to “tolerate” it I guess, but gee, it’s still obvious to me that the US just doesn’t get it. They should/could have alleviated much, not all, of their grief if they had accepted the seriousness much earlier on, had leadership that didn’t try and hide it, and accepted some form of civic responsibility in lieu of civil rights for a short period of time. But then...

Do you not read what I wrote above?

I already stated that I think the deaths from Covid in many places around the world has been far too high.In a perfect world Covid would be eradicated and no one would ever become sick from it again but that’s unrealistic to believe that’s achievable.

If I permanently ceased all contact with other people then I would never pass on any contagious disease I might be unknowingly carrying.Am I prepared to live that way in order to possibly prevent someone else or myself from getting sick or dying the answer is of course no.

Nate

Nate, I polled a few people and we agree that we could totally support for you to live that way.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: February 24, 2021 17:43

DEmerson
Hairball

I saw the Glendale AZ show and really enjoyed Kaleo!

Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: February 24, 2021 18:59

I see the penny has inally dropped amongst the IORR community. Surprisingly little comment when I posted this news in May 2020.

Satisfied since 1976

Date: February 26, 2021 19:57

Live Nation CEO Says Largescale U.S. Concerts Could ‘Start in Midsummer’
[www.spin.com]

Live Nation then put up 100,000 tickets for the Reading & Leeds festival, scheduled for Aug. 27 and 29 — all of which sold out by late in the week.
The company also put up tickets for the dance-music-based Creamfields fest Aug. 26 to 29, which sold out its full capacity of 70,000 tickets in 48 hours.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: February 26, 2021 20:21

artedm
[www.spin.com]

Live Nation then put up 100,000 tickets for the Reading & Leeds festival, scheduled for Aug. 27 and 29 — all of which sold out by late in the week.
The company also put up tickets for the dance-music-based Creamfields fest Aug. 26 to 29, which sold out its full capacity of 70,000 tickets in 48 hours.

Money grab.

Now they have 170,000 fans' money in THEIR accounts/investments making money for them...all based on a flimsy "prediction" w/ little scientific evidence to support it.

Even Fauci said "IF everything goes right...FALL of 2021"

"If everything goes right"...key phrase...and "Fall" not "mid Summer"

I guess LN has a small problem of a stock price that is totally unaligned w/ their cash-flow...that might explain this move.

[fortune.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 26, 2021 20:32

artedm
[www.spin.com]

Large scale concerts more towards end of summer, but I bet he's close on the prediction.

Lots of smaller scale shows will be rolling by late spring-mid-summer no doubt.
I've got several Red Rocks shows booked in July along with some smaller shows starting in June.
Betting I won't be returning a single ticket due to postponements.

The indu$try is too big to not figure out how to do fully vaccinated shows, and by then, the majority of us will be.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 26, 2021 20:37

The U.K. government has a target of offering a vaccine to every adult by July 31st and so far they are meeting their vaccination targets so no reason why large scale events can’t go ahead here this summer if they maintain the vaccine schedule.

Nate

Date: February 26, 2021 21:23

Nate
The U.K. government has a target of offering a vaccine to every adult by July 31st and so far they are meeting their vaccination targets so no reason why large scale events can’t go ahead here this summer if they maintain the vaccine schedule.

Nate

It's interesting to look at the differences in the rollout of vaccines between the UK and the US.

UK is putting shots in more arms before moving on to second shots it appears (which are the exact same).
I think it's the smarter way to do it personally.
With the single shot J&J getting approval, and other positive developments on vaccine supply/distribution, both will be seeing a lot more completed vaccinations sooner rather than later no doubt.

As of today, the UK has completed at least the first shot on 28.1% of it's population, while only 1.1% has received both shots.
The US is at 13.9% of the population, with 6.5% of us receiving both shots.
[www.nytimes.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-26 21:33 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 26, 2021 21:52

MisterDDDD
artedm
[www.spin.com]

Large scale concerts more towards end of summer, but I bet he's close on the prediction.

Lots of smaller scale shows will be rolling by late spring-mid-summer no doubt.
I've got several Red Rocks shows booked in July along with some smaller shows starting in June.
Betting I won't be returning a single ticket due to postponements.

The indu$try is too big to not figure out how to do fully vaccinated shows, and by then, the majority of us will be.

Booking has opened for some of the UK's late summer festivals such as Reading/Leeds - but whether they will happen or not is in the lap of the gods.

[www.theguardian.com]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 26, 2021 22:08

Right now I can buy tickets to concerts this summer, as well as holiday travels, cruise ship holidays, and lots more. I sure understand these companies need to survive economically, but I am not ready to place my money in these projects. In my opinion they will not happen, or if they happen, they will be at a very high risk to many people.

Bjornulf

Date: February 26, 2021 22:12

according to that link usa is at 68,274,117 shots vs 19,392,553 for uk
with the shots going to highest risk- health care and senior citizen in usa

MisterDDDD
Nate

Nate

It's interesting to look at the differences in the rollout of vaccines between the UK and the US.

UK is putting shots in more arms before moving on to second shots it appears (which are the exact same).
With the single shot J&J getting approval, and other positive developments on vaccine supply/distribution, both will be seeing a lot more completed vaccinations sooner rather than later no doubt.

As of today, the UK has completed at least the first shot on 28.1% of it's population, while only 1.1% has received both shots.
[www.nytimes.com]

Date: February 26, 2021 22:18

artedm
according to that link usa is at 68,274,117 shots vs 19,392,553 for uk
with the shots going to highest risk- health care and senior citizen in usa

MisterDDDD
Nate

Nate

[www.nytimes.com]

Yup, lots of other relative data in the link, besides the percentage of single vs both shots that I highlighted.
Another is the doses per hundred people of the population.
US is at 20.6 per hundred, UK 29.2.
[www.nytimes.com]

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 26, 2021 23:28

Why Limited-Capacity Concerts Just Don’t Make Sense

Partial-capacity shows are not economical for most concert halls or musicians, and politicians who pretend otherwise are failing to understand the way the live music industry operates

By Samantha Hissong

[www.rollingstone.com]

Date: February 26, 2021 23:59

Just heard the report on the radio regarding Live Nations so-called prediction regarding US shows, and it was said that it would be much more difficult for older acts with an older fan base to actually have full-capacity outdoor concerts - whether in smaller amphitheaters or massive stadiums w/100,000 capacity - any time soon, and younger artsists with a younger fan base wouldn't have it much easier. They used the Weekend as an example of a younger act, and Crosby, Stills, and Nash as an example of old timers ha, but doubt they could fill even 10% of a massive stadium these days, let alone sell out a small amphitheater. They then talked about the complications of having varying degrees of restrictions from one state to the next, even from one county to the next, and how it would probably be near impossible to plot such a tour in multiple states any time this year and probably beyond until every state/county can get on the same page.

Date: February 27, 2021 00:08

bv
Right now I can buy tickets to concerts this summer, as well as holiday travels, cruise ship holidays, and lots more. I sure understand these companies need to survive economically, but I am not ready to place my money in these projects. In my opinion they will not happen, or if they happen, they will be at a very high risk to many people.

Agreed - can't imagine investing time and money in to something when there's still so much uncertainty and mystery, not to mention getting any hopes up - at least for the time being.
I imagine there will be many more postponements/cancellations than shows actually taking place for at least the rest of the year, but hopefully by 2022 there will be some resemblance to "normalcy" whatever that may be.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 27, 2021 01:02

Hairball
bv

Agreed - can't imagine investing time and money in to something when there's still so much uncertainty and mystery, not to mention getting any hopes up - at least for the time being.
I imagine there will be many more postponements/cancellations than shows actually taking place for at least the rest of the year, but hopefully by 2022 there will be some resemblance to "normalcy" whatever that may be.

Speaking of cancellations the autism benefit with Neil Young, Stephen Stills and Willie Nelson was just cancelled and Monday there is supposed to be an announcement in regards to the Clapton tour.

Date: February 27, 2021 02:28

Taylor Swift who was to open the new stadium in LA Sofi Stadium on July 25 2020 just officially moved the show from postponed to cancelled.

Date: February 27, 2021 02:40

daspyknows
Hairball
bv

Speaking of cancellations the autism benefit with Neil Young, Stephen Stills and Willie Nelson was just cancelled and Monday there is supposed to be an announcement in regards to the Clapton tour.

Bummer to both of the above daspy, but the Light Up the Blues benefit in LA was sort of expected to be a no-go considering the corona chaos still currently going on in the area, so not surprised at all.
And doubtful the Clapton tour will go as planned, though considering his recent coronavirus lockdown protest tune with Van, I'm sure he'd perform somewhere, somehow, and some way if he could get away with it.

Regarding Light Up the Blues, via the event page on facebook:

"Although the in-person event at the Greek Theatre has been cancelled, a non-ticketed, virtual event in Spring 2021 will take place featuring Neil Young,
Willie Nelson, Stephen Stills, Lucius, Will Breman, Fantastic Negrito, Chris Stills, and hosted by Jack Black, plus surprise special guests.
Tickets purchased through Ticketmaster may be donated in full to Autism Speaks, which provides crucial autism research, advocacy,
resources, and support to help people with autism reach their full potential. If preferred, tickets may be refunded at the point-of-purchase".

Looking forward to tuning in to the virtual event, and finding out who in the heck Fantastic Negrito is!!!.

Date: February 27, 2021 02:48

artedm
Taylor Swift who was to open the new stadium in LA Sofi Stadium on July 25 2020 just officially moved the show from postponed to cancelled.

Even though I'm not a fan and would never think of seeing her live, this is oddly upsetting to me, though again I'm not too surprised considering the circumstances.
Maybe I'm feeling the pain of all the young Taylor Swift fans who were so looking forward to this, and also saddened that the LA Sofi Stadium still won't be christened by a music act anytime in the foreseeable future.

___________________________________________________________________________-

Edit: entire tour is cancelled - from Variety:

Taylor Swift Makes It Official: ‘Lover Fest’ Shows Won’t Be Rescheduled

“I’m so sorry, but I cannot reschedule the shows that we’ve postponed. Although refunds have been available since we first postponed the Lover Fest shows,
many of you hung onto your tickets. I too hung onto the idea that we could reschedule.This is an unprecedented pandemic that has changed everyone’s plans
and no one knows what the touring landscape is going to look like in the near future" - Taylor Swift

The announcement was expected, as virtually no one in the music business is seeing vaccinations ramping up rapidly enough that any superstar could spend the months necessary to plan and put on sale summer stadium shows. Live Nation CEO Michael Rapino did express optimistic in an earnings call last week that concerts might resume as soon as mid-summer, but it’s unlikely that would happen at the level that sees theatrically designed productions of the sort Swift fans are used to being put on in full of football stadiums at their full capacity.

More: TaylorSwift

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-27 03:36 by Hairball.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8889909192939495969798...LastNext
Current Page: 93 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1094
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home