Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8788899091929394959697...LastNext
Current Page: 92 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 21, 2021 13:38

timbernardis

We really have no idea at this point what is going to happen, but I would put some stock in what BV has said, especially if he has spoken with Mick. I don't think I EVER recall a post of his where he stated that he had had a communication with a band member of this sort.

plexi

You took that seriously?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-21 15:09 by Topi.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: February 21, 2021 15:09

Topi
timbernardis

We really have no idea at this point what is going to happen, but I would put some stock in what BV has said, especially if he has spoken with Mick. I don't think I EVER recall a post of his where he stated that he had had a communication with a band member of this sort.

plexi

You took that seriously?

I did. I can't imagine BV throwing something like that out there in jest.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: February 21, 2021 16:25

Whether we like it or not the virus is going away. Happy to see Keith out preforming his craft...thumbs up

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: February 21, 2021 18:22

Topi
timbernardis

plexi

You took that seriously?

I took the spoke with Mick part as a joke.

I did take seriously the part that vaccinations might be required (assuming with a possible negative COVID test within X hours as a possible alternative).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-21 18:23 by Dougratajczak87.

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: February 21, 2021 18:51

Dougratajczak87
Topi
timbernardis

plexi

You took that seriously?

I took the spoke with Mick part as a joke.

I did take seriously the part that vaccinations might be required (assuming with a possible negative COVID test within X hours as a possible alternative).

I don't get why that is such a controversial issue? If that's the only safe way to have concerts, then sign me up. Here's my ticket, here's my vaccination certificate, thank you very much. Whenever concerts do come back, there will most definitely be some kind of theatrics for awhile. It's either that or they won't happen. Masks will be required, and proof of vaccination or a recent negative test. Maybe I'm just too compliant, but I just see it as doing what I gotta do in order to enjoy my life.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 21, 2021 19:10

Please can anyone here explain the logic behind a large scale event of people who have been vaccinated and are then required to wear masks.

Nate

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 21, 2021 19:26

Nate
Please can anyone here explain the logic behind a large scale event of people who have been vaccinated and are then required to wear masks.

Nate

If I were to really look for a reason, I would say it depends on how stringent and foolproof the "proof of vaccinations" are I suppose.
For a potential super-spreader event like a concert, I could see doubling up the precautions if vaccinations are not also required for everyone you might come in contact with.. ushers, concessions, etc.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: February 21, 2021 19:44

liability exposure.

Date: February 21, 2021 19:51

Nate

Nate

Because society has a boner for masks now, and it will be a long time before anybody thinks it's "Safe" to have an event without masks.

Not arguing against the effects of masks, I wear one when it's necessary. But I feel like the mask wearing virtue-signaling is something that will go on far past the date when it's no longer necessary.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 21, 2021 20:02

Not exactly sure why you would have to wear a mask if surrounded only by people who have been vaccinated, but I'd happily wear one if it was the only way to see a concert. After all, I've been wearing one for almost an entire year anyways whenever I leave my house, and am used to it. Also to consider, it takes several weeks after being injected before the vaccine can really do it's job, so if there's people who were just vaccinated a couple days prior to or even on the same day of a concert, best to wear a mask. Maybe the proof of vaccination will have to be time stamped several weeks prior to event- basically another hoop that everyone will have to jump through.

In somewhat related news: Americans may still need masks to fight COVID in 2022, Fauci says

> Mask

Along with masks, he also mentions herd immunity still being a ways off, and goes on to say:
"If in fact this (South African variant) becomes more dominant, we may have to get a version of the vaccine that is directed specifically against the South African isolate,”.

Not out of the woods yet, but eventually we will be some day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-21 20:45 by Hairball.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: February 22, 2021 00:04

Vaccination certificate? Did you get one of those? I don't think they exist. That's why any such screening really does not guarantee anything. Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not have germs on you. Perhaps proof of a negative test result with X number of hours would be better but it is still not really a guarantee you will not have become contagious in those X hours.

There really is no way to enforce things like this and turn away people because of it, hence, masks. Makes sense.

jb

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: February 22, 2021 00:19

I’ve gotten both doses of the vaccine being a healthcare worker. I got a card to keep to show proof of the vaccine, has the manufacturer, dates given and lot numbers for both doses.

I’ll show it if needed to get into a concert.

Date: February 22, 2021 00:24

jbwelda
Vaccination certificate? Did you get one of those? I don't think they exist. That's why any such screening really does not guarantee anything. Being vaccinated does not guarantee you will not have germs on you. Perhaps proof of a negative test result with X number of hours would be better but it is still not really a guarantee you will not have become contagious in those X hours.

There really is no way to enforce things like this and turn away people because of it, hence, masks. Makes sense.

jb

So you envisage a permanent future of large scale events full of people wearing masks.At some point you have to accept a tolerable level of death caused by this disease.

I won’t be attending any party where I can’t see anyone’s smile.

Nate

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 22, 2021 00:48

Topi
timbernardis

plexi

You took that seriously?

Indeed I did. I've not known him to make jokes like that. Perhaps so. I'll have to re-read, or he can just clarify it here. In any event, hopefully some of these "hints" or "pre-hints" mean something.

plexi

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 22, 2021 01:28

Nate
...I won’t be attending any party where I can’t see anyone’s smile.

Nate

Got you covered Nate!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 22, 2021 01:50

Amy340
I’ve gotten both doses of the vaccine being a healthcare worker. I got a card to keep to show proof of the vaccine, has the manufacturer, dates given and lot numbers for both doses.

I’ll show it if needed to get into a concert.

Same.
I believe the CDC has everyone receiving these regardless of State here in the US. Tracking the batches etc.

They, like everything, are forgeable though.
I also received a link to the county health dept's public records site, where I could obtain a pdf with my name, dates, batch numbers, etc.

Not sure if we'll ever see events or situations would require vax proof though.
Complicated, and hopefully not needed very long.
Rapid tests, or proof of neg test 24 hrs before entry seems more likely to me.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 22, 2021 03:34

Nate
jbwelda

jb

So you envisage a permanent future of large scale events full of people wearing masks.At some point you have to accept a tolerable level of death caused by this disease.

Nate

What is a tolerable level of death to you? Is one death a minute for a year tolerable to you?

Date: February 22, 2021 03:55

daspyknows
Nate
jbwelda

jb

Nate

What is a tolerable level of death to you? Is one death a minute for a year tolerable to you?

We can't stop death from happening. No matter what we do, people are going to die. From Covid, from the flu, from car accidents, heart attacks, and a million other reasons. Zero Covid is not an attainable goal. People are going to die, unfortunately. Don't shame people for wanting to go back to normal life once mass vaccination has taken place.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 22, 2021 04:38

podiumboy
daspyknows
Nate
jbwelda

jb

Nate

We can't stop death from happening. No matter what we do, people are going to die. From Covid, from the flu, from car accidents, heart attacks, and a million other reasons. Zero Covid is not an attainable goal. People are going to die, unfortunately. Don't shame people for wanting to go back to normal life once mass vaccination has taken place.

Well you're shaming someone for asking a question...and I would also like to know his answer as well, as to 'tolerable level of death' and would that include family and friends, or just people you don't know?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 22, 2021 05:18

daspyknows
Nate
jbwelda

jb

Nate

One can be vaxxed and still be contagious transmittable.

Date: February 22, 2021 13:21

Should everyone stop driving to prevent road accident deaths,should all planes be permanently grounded to prevent a plane crash,should you never meet with elderly people again to avoid possibly giving them the flu etc etc.

If you can’t accept a tolerable level of death from Covid then for the rest of your life you should cease all contact with other people and stay at home as much as you can only venturing outside when absolutely necessary whilst covered head to toe in a full hazmat suit.

Have a nice day spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Nate

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: February 22, 2021 13:59

Aerosmith just bumped their euro tour forward 12m to summer 2022

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: February 22, 2021 14:13

yorkshirestone

Hi Yorkshire Stone .Do you still live in Yorkshire ? I live in West Yorkshire.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 22, 2021 15:16

Nate
Should everyone stop driving to prevent road accident deaths,should all planes be permanently grounded to prevent a plane crash,should you never meet with elderly people again to avoid possibly giving them the flu etc etc.

If you can’t accept a tolerable level of death from Covid then for the rest of your life you should cease all contact with other people and stay at home as much as you can only venturing outside when absolutely necessary whilst covered head to toe in a full hazmat suit.

Nate

Do you think 500,000 is a tolerable number? Current US covid-19 deaths number.

Bjornulf

Date: February 22, 2021 15:43

bv
Nate

Nate

Do you think 500,000 is a tolerable number? Current US covid-19 deaths number.

Of course not that number is far too high and many deaths could have been prevented if people in charge had taken it more seriously.

I play by the rules that have been in place here in the U.K. I don’t leave the house unless for work or to go for a bike ride or to walk to the store.
I have friends who live ten minutes walk from my house but I haven’t seen them since October in order to keep others and myself safe.
I knew two people who died of Covid in the last month and I’m very aware of the havoc this disease has caused all over the world.I take the situation very seriously and as soon as I’m offered the vaccine I will take it.
Covid is here to stay it’s not going away but with the vaccines it will be driven down to a level where it doesn’t pose a risk of overwhelming health services and people can return to living their lives how they were before the pandemic came along.

Nate

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: February 22, 2021 15:57

Nate
jbwelda

jb

Nate

Half a million deaths in the US ... tolerable? For you perhaps, for the families left behind? I actually do agree it’s something we’re going to have to learn to live with, which is to “tolerate” it I guess, but gee, it’s still obvious to me that the US just doesn’t get it. They should/could have alleviated much, not all, of their grief if they had accepted the seriousness much earlier on, had leadership that didn’t try and hide it, and accepted some form of civic responsibility in lieu of civil rights for a short period of time. But then...

Rod

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 22, 2021 16:07

This thread is about the postponed Stones tour. My comments related to why the tour will be off for a long time will be added to the thread about the Corona virus.

Bjornulf

Date: February 22, 2021 16:11

(Deleted)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-22 16:12 by yorkshirestone.

Date: February 22, 2021 16:15

welshphil
yorkshirestone

Hi Yorkshire Stone .Do you still live in Yorkshire ? I live in West Yorkshire.
Yep - Huddersfield!

Date: February 22, 2021 16:45

bitusa2012
Nate
jbwelda

jb

Nate

Half a million deaths in the US ... tolerable? For you perhaps, for the families left behind? I actually do agree it’s something we’re going to have to learn to live with, which is to “tolerate” it I guess, but gee, it’s still obvious to me that the US just doesn’t get it. They should/could have alleviated much, not all, of their grief if they had accepted the seriousness much earlier on, had leadership that didn’t try and hide it, and accepted some form of civic responsibility in lieu of civil rights for a short period of time. But then...

Do you not read what I wrote above?

I already stated that I think the deaths from Covid in many places around the world has been far too high.In a perfect world Covid would be eradicated and no one would ever become sick from it again but that’s unrealistic to believe that’s achievable.

If I permanently ceased all contact with other people then I would never pass on any contagious disease I might be unknowingly carrying.Am I prepared to live that way in order to possibly prevent someone else or myself from getting sick or dying the answer is of course no.

Nate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-22 16:47 by Nate.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8788899091929394959697...LastNext
Current Page: 92 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1549
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home