Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8687888990919293949596...LastNext
Current Page: 91 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 19, 2021 17:31

Fair opinion(s) stickyfingers101..

We require vax proof now in a lot of school districts, for travel, etc., and those precedents are good ones I believe.
Private companies requiring vax proof is a sticky issue I agree, but when it comes to public safety for a pandemic, it's very reasonable imo. Some airlines are requiring test results/rapid tests etc as well.
A proof of vaccination certificate or document of some kind is a reasonable measure and differs considerably from other types of medical history imo.
I received a computer link to my record of it with the state, and the details don't divulge much other than name, date, administrator, and batch numbers.

Proof of a negative test within 24 or 48 hours can also be effective I think.
If a person tests negative 24 hours before the event, even if they contract the virus after the test, the incubation period may (it's uncertain) protect others from getting it at that early stage.
If in a crowd where the vast majority are vaccinated it's doubtful to be an issue.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: February 19, 2021 18:34

NilsHolgersson
stargroover
Nils what are u smoking there?U r talking out of your sphincter.

Mick lives on private resorts, why would he want to get vaccinated, he doesn't see ordinary people

Nils Im sorry for your ignorance thumbs down

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 19, 2021 19:23

The more I read and think about it, the more it all sounds like a quagmire still, and it might be best and easiest to cancel/refund, and then start all over.
Chances are they won't be able to have full capacity at many stadiums anyways, and then there are those w/tickets already who won't have (or don't want) the vaccine yet.
If they were to start with a fresh set of restrictions in place, then everyone would know what they're getting in to. 30-50% capacity, all vaccinated, socially distanced and masked, and no Pit tix.
Unfortunately the prices would probably have to double to make it worthwhile for the band, but maybe they could still do some Lucky Dips to give the appearance of being gracious and reasonable.
This ain't the Rolling Stones shows we've all been accustomed to in the past, but for some it might still be worth it. I'd be on the fence pondering the stringency of it all, and if it comes to that, would probably just sit it out.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-19 19:25 by Hairball.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: February 19, 2021 22:38

A doctor in the wall street journal says USA will now have Herd Immunity by April 2021.
[www.wsj.com]

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: February 20, 2021 03:44

artedm
A doctor in the wall street journal says USA will now have Herd Immunity by April 2021.
[www.wsj.com]

yeah saw that artedm.

i spoke recently with my college roommate who just retired from the CDC.

he says in the short term it’s a race between vaccines and the new more infectious variants.

long term he expects this coronavirus to mutate into a cold-causing coronavirus, like the rest of them.

anyway let’s hope eh?

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: February 20, 2021 03:52

Are kids under 16 going to be allowed, if proof of vaccine is required to attend?

Question I have is, if kids are allowed and they don't know if vaccines stop transmission. Would you still go knowing you might infect somebody?

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: February 20, 2021 04:46

"Personally, I think any policy that demands we share personal-medical data with private businesses and institutions is a bad idea.

Besides...if we are gonna "test" anything, I'd prefer they do breathalizers on all the drunks driving home after the show/game.

just my opinion, nothing more.

(ps...I'm not an anti-vaxxer...I'm getting the vaccine as soon as my state is done giving it to prisoners and smokers...teachers are less-important than them, apparently.[/quote]"

SF101,

FUK'N'A, agree man. And I am first in line too getting my jab...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 20, 2021 04:51

MingSubu
Are kids under 16 going to be allowed, if proof of vaccine is required to attend?

Question I have is, if kids are allowed and they don't know if vaccines stop transmission. Would you still go knowing you might infect somebody?

Fair point about kids.. all pure speculation of course, but if I thought or studies conclude that I was able to still spread the virus, I'd get tested just before the show, even though vaccinated,
and/or wear a medical grade mask.
None of that will come to pass though, they would likely make it adults only if there were risks still. If herd immunity was achieved as mentioned, believe that would make it a moot point.. perhaps.

I have a 15 yo daughter, it's expected that kids in the 9-15 age range will likely be able to get vaccinated as well before Sept. depending on ongoing trial results.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 20, 2021 14:24

The Stones posted yet another live clip on Facebook...

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: February 20, 2021 15:26

Topi
The Stones posted yet another live clip on Facebook...

thumbs up hot smiley spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Date: February 20, 2021 19:47

Both clips are from official DVD's - with the recent 10% discount offer, maybe a new No Filter 2019 DVD is up next?
Might be a welcome addition for us fans, while they attempt to figure out their future plans amidst this chaotic corona pandemic.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: February 20, 2021 20:28

MisterDDDD
Fair opinion(s) stickyfingers101..

We require vax proof now in a lot of school districts, for travel, etc., and those precedents are good ones I believe.
Private companies requiring vax proof is a sticky issue I agree, but when it comes to public safety for a pandemic, it's very reasonable imo. Some airlines are requiring test results/rapid tests etc as well.
A proof of vaccination certificate or document of some kind is a reasonable measure and differs considerably from other types of medical history imo.
I received a computer link to my record of it with the state, and the details don't divulge much other than name, date, administrator, and batch numbers.

Proof of a negative test within 24 or 48 hours can also be effective I think.
If a person tests negative 24 hours before the event, even if they contract the virus after the test, the incubation period may (it's uncertain) protect others from getting it at that early stage.
If in a crowd where the vast majority are vaccinated it's doubtful to be an issue.

Fair enough...I think we agree on more than we disagree, so that's a good starting point for our Takeover of the World.

as long as there is a "Positive Test = Full Refund" policy, I'll deal w/ it and tack it up as another expense associated w/ concerts, I suppose.

but, if I have to give them my vaccination records, or anything else medical-wise...it will depend how that is done and I'll be reading the fine-print very carefully, let's put it that way.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-20 20:38 by stickyfingers101.

Date: February 20, 2021 20:40

On a somewhat positive note, Biden again cautiously stated yesterday that things might be "approaching normalcy" by this Christmas:

Via CNN: "Normalcy"

Biden is still cautious of naming a firm date by which every American who wants a shot can get one. "I believe we'll be approaching normalcy by the end of this year, and God willing this Christmas will be different than last, but I can't make that commitment to you," he said after viewing the deep freezers that help maintain the vaccine's required temperature. "There are other strains of the virus. We don't know what could happen in terms of production rates, things can change," he said, "but we're doing everything the science has indicated we should do, and people are stepping up to get everything done that has to be done."

But...via CNBC: Uncertainty

White House Covid advisor Andy Slavitt said he’s reluctant to give a timeline for when things could return to normal, warning there are still plenty of unknowns. The biggest issues that could undermine efforts to contain the virus are new, emerging variants as well as vaccine hesitancy in the U.S. and elsewhere.his “There’s a lot we don’t know about the future,” Slavitt said during a virtual interview Thursday with Washington Post opinion writer Jonathan Capehart. “We are trying not to give a false sense of security or a false sense of precision when none exists. And I know that makes people less comfortable, but I also know people want to be leveled with and they want to be told the truth.”

So maybe/hopefully some sort of live Stones shows for 2022 in the US are possible to coincide with the 60th Anniversary, though still alot of questions need to be answered.
On the other hand, maybe they can do some shows before things get back to normal, but there would have to be alot of restrictions in place for it to happen.
Guess we'll find what's going to happen eventually.............

Date: February 21, 2021 02:45

Hairball
Both clips are from official DVD's - with the recent 10% discount offer, maybe a new No Filter 2019 DVD is up next?
Might be a welcome addition for us fans, while they attempt to figure out their future plans amidst this chaotic corona pandemic.

Of course those clips are from DVDs...they aren't going to post YouTube vids shot from the audience, much less any "pro-shot bootlegs". smiling smiley

Date: February 21, 2021 03:11

Topi
Hairball

Of course those clips are from DVDs...they aren't going to post YouTube vids shot from the audience, much less any "pro-shot bootlegs". smiling smiley

Yes, true of course, but sometimes they have brief non-DVD snippets of live performances when they're truly promoting a tour (or getting ready to) - this doesn't appear to be the case here at all imo.
Instead, seems they're promoting previously released official material hoping to sell more while warming fans for another DVD...maybe something from 2019, or maybe something from many years ago?
That 10% discount code could come in handy for those who purchase from the official store, but as has been the case during some of the past "deals", it will barely even cover the shipping cost.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-21 03:11 by Hairball.

Date: February 21, 2021 03:59

We are still at the pre-teaser stage. This is where they tell you to subscribe to the mailing list and post those live songs. In years past, those have always been signs of an imminent tour date announcement, is all I'm saying.

They're not expressly promoting their DVDs here - that type of marketing would be much more specific. Case in point: Atlantic City release last fall.

(Besides, is the A Biggest Bang DVD even available at their store? They posted Under My Thumb from Austin the other day)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-21 04:06 by Topi.

Date: February 21, 2021 04:04

..."the pre-teaser stage"....lol...OK, whatever you say...hope you're right.

Date: February 21, 2021 04:11

No but when I mean teasers, those would be the billboard/sidewalk ads and the like. A campaign that usually runs for like a week before the actual announcement. Along with/followed by some hints on social media.

Here, of course, we already have a tour, to which most of the tickets have already been sold. The US tour. They'll probably skip any billboards. Just tease us with obscure posts on social a couple of times and then just release the re-scheduled itinerary for 2022.

There's too big of a payday with that US tour for them to pass on. If they wanted to cancel it, they would already have done so. They have just waited it out and kept the venues under contract.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-21 04:14 by Topi.

Date: February 21, 2021 04:26

There's ALOT of ifs, and, and buts involved, and you have to wonder how they'll be able to move forward w/ all the various restrictions including proof of vaccination that bv had mentioned.
Will there also be limited capacity? Or will they wait until the coast is completely clear of the pandemic in order to keep all tickets sold and keep the shows at full capacity? If so, could be a long time before that happens.
Roger Waters is another artist who postponed yet hasn't rescheduled yet, and his shows are all in smaller basketball arenas - not mega outdoor football stadiums such as the Stones were supposed to play.
Word has it he's actually been fine tuning the concept and spectale continuously since the postponement (on paper anyways), but still no word on any rescheduling. And like most of the Stones, he's nearing 80 years old...

Date: February 21, 2021 04:31

Yes, the sad part is that neither the Stones or Waters - or any other act in the same age group - have much time to wait things out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-21 04:32 by Topi.

Date: February 21, 2021 04:48

Do you think the Stones will try and wait it out so they can have full capacity?
Some states (and stadiums) might have less stringent rules going forward, and it might be a possibility in some places, but they might have to reconfigure the itinerary.
And then there's all the young kids who might not have vaccines yet... a shame if they're not allowed to attend...the list of hurdles is endless...

Date: February 21, 2021 04:57

Yes, I believe that by trying to push things to 2022 they are indeed trying to buy time (which they have very little of).

At this point, it would just cost them money to scale down the tour. Whose tickets would you honor?

Cancelling and then re-booking an altered capacity is not a very good look either, and I wonder what that would mean from the business standpoint. Refund everybody and then say: oops, sorry guys, here's another tour! Same venues but less tickets at a higher price!

(Honestly I think the young kids part is not a huge issue. Just look at the demography of modern-day Stones crowds. Not a lot of teenagers.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-21 05:10 by Topi.

Date: February 21, 2021 05:10

Well nothing has been "normal" since this has all started, so I don't think cancelling and then re-booking at an altered capacity would be a bad look -
in fact I think it would earn them praise for being dedicated to performing again no matter what they have to do to make it happen.
If it came down to that vs. nothing, I'm sure they'd rather perform to a few less than none at all - especially for the big 60th anniversary.
Might not be good business in the traditional sense, but nothing right now is "normal", time is of the essence, and it would be historically significant.

Date: February 21, 2021 05:14

The dedication part can be taken care of by just saying "we hope things go back to as normal as possible in 2022, here are the new dates, please hold on to your tickets or get a refund if you so choose". They do not need to blow it up at this time. Not yet.

In the end it's all about the bottom line as we all know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-21 05:18 by Topi.

Date: February 21, 2021 05:21

They've been wise not to reschedule yet, as so many other bands who have rescheduled have ended up postponing and rescheduling again...and in some cases multiple times...
Not sure why they would want to do that right now, especially considering they haven't rescheduled yet, and the future is still filled with so many uncertainties.
If they're truly waiting this out, makes sense they won't reschedule until it's almost a given they'll be able to make it all happen. At this point, we're not quite there yet.

Date: February 21, 2021 07:49

One thing we don't know is if the contract they have for the tour includes a clause limiting the amount of time you can have a tour in a "postponed TBA" state.

I don't think a lot of acts re-scheduled shows from 2020 by two years straight up. Maybe Elton did. Of course, he's going to have to re-shuffle his Farewell deck once again.

Agree it's all a big mess.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-21 07:50 by Topi.

Date: February 21, 2021 08:36

You're right, we don't know if the contract has any such clauses limiting the amount of time you can have a tour in a "postponed TBA" state.
On the other hand, we don't know if there is an insurance clause stating that no shows shall be rescheduled while there's still any risk whatsoever for the band members, the `crew, etc.
Seems to me there's still quite a risk involved at the moment for all involved, and based on what the experts are saying here in the US, that risk might be around for quite some time.

On a related note, wondering why The Who decided to cancel rather than simply postpone again.They were scheduled for much smaller venues than the Stones which one might think
would be a safer bet for actually happening some day, but maybe they concluded that dragging it on and on and on was all for naught, and instead to wait until the coast is clear before hoping to go on tour again.

EDIT: Official Who statement regarding cancellation:

“We are very sorry that we have to cancel our planned March 2021 UK and Ireland shows. Please excuse the delay but we wanted to wait as long as possible to see if we could indeed play them.
However, as you can see the current situation makes this impossible. Thanks for all your wonderful support and we hope to see you in the future when conditions allow.”

Seems they do want to wait for the coast to be clear before committing to new dates.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-21 09:35 by Hairball.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 21, 2021 08:55

It's the Topi-Hairball show! All of the February 20th posts in this thread except two have been from Topi and Hairball. But quite nice following all of it, both make cogent points.

We really have no idea at this point what is going to happen, but I would put some stock in what BV has said, especially if he has spoken with Mick. I don't think I EVER recall a post of his where he stated that he had had a communication with a band member of this sort.

plexi

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 21, 2021 10:29

It's unlikely the Stones will be making up the postponed North American dates this year however, there is still a possibility they could tour late 2021/early 2022 in Australia, New Zealand and possibly Japan, South Korea and other places in Asia as these countries have a much lower number of cases and will likely be opening up sooner to mass gatherings before the US/Canada/UK/Europe will be.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 21, 2021 12:43

TornAndFried
It's unlikely the Stones will be making up the postponed North American dates this year however, there is still a possibility they could tour late 2021/early 2022 in Australia, New Zealand and possibly Japan, South Korea and other places in Asia as these countries have a much lower number of cases and will likely be opening up sooner to mass gatherings before the US/Canada/UK/Europe will be.

Yes those countries have much lower rates of covid and what do you think is going to happen this year in the USA and Europe now that vaccines are being rolled out.
Talk of reduced capacity events makes no sense once everyone has been vaccinated why would you comply with social distancing measures.There seems to be no reason why large scale events can’t take place in most countries around the world next year.

Nate

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8687888990919293949596...LastNext
Current Page: 91 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1756
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home