Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8586878889909192939495...LastNext
Current Page: 90 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 18, 2021 21:21

spikenyc
NilsHolgersson
Don't think so, vaccines are for poor people

What kind of a comment is that?

A dumbass comment.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: February 18, 2021 21:40

Bring on the Rust!

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: February 18, 2021 22:33

timbernardis
daspyknows
georgie48
Hairball
Just read these two announcement on The Who facebook page - unfortunate, but seems the safest, smartest, and obvious thing to do at this point.

"We are sad to announce that due to Coronavirus our #TeenageCancerGig at the Royal Albert Hall show has been cancelled.
If you have tickets for our March 20 show your ticket provider will be in touch with refund info soon.
Teenage Cancer Trust still need your support to help make sure young people don’t face cancer alone.
Please consider donating the price of your ticket: Teenage Cancer Trust

And:

“We are very sorry that we have to cancel our planned March 2021 UK and Ireland shows. Please excuse the delay but we wanted to wait as long as possible to see if we could indeed play them.
However, as you can see the current situation makes this impossible. Thanks for all your wonderful support and we hope to see you in the future when conditions allow.”

~ Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend, 15 February 2021

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hopefully they'll continue some day when it's safe enough - the last two shows I saw at the Hollywood Bowl in 2019, as well as both shows at Desert Trip were amazing.

Wow Hairball, you were at the Desert Trip! Off course you saw the Stones too. The Stones did an old Beatles song, I vaguely remember. Didn't sound that great. What did you think about it?

Desert Trip was fun. My only regret is I didn't go both weekends.

My Desert Trip highlight was getting to MEET Hairball in person on weekend one. He's not as frightening as his reputation. His reputation preceded him, but then did not live up to expectations.

plexi

plexi

hot smiley

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 18, 2021 22:35

daspyknows
spikenyc
NilsHolgersson

A dumbass comment.

Wow how dumb can people be?

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: February 18, 2021 22:50

Nils what are u smoking there?U r talking out of your sphincter.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: February 18, 2021 23:08

More Hot Rocks
daspyknows
spikenyc
NilsHolgersson

A dumbass comment.

Wow how dumb can people be?

Ignorant also

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 18, 2021 23:24

Mick told me they will only allow vaccinated people into their shows so I hope to get the vaccine before the next tour is starting. And Keith said he is waiting the pandemic out so we owe it to Keith to get the vaccine before we join in on their next tour. Also to Charlie and Ronnie of course, and to everyone else we love and respect, in fact the entire world.

Bjornulf

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: February 18, 2021 23:44

bv
Mick told me they will only allow vaccinated people into their shows so I hope to get the vaccine before the next tour is starting. And Keith said he is waiting the pandemic out so we owe it to Keith to get the vaccine before we join in on their next tour. Also to Charlie and Ronnie of course, and to everyone else we love and respect, in fact the entire world.

YIPPEE. YIPPEE.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: February 19, 2021 00:22

bv
Life will be normal within the next 12 months. The Rolling Stones will perform live in some way during the next 12-18 months. I am ready wherever they go.

Best post I've read in a while.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-19 00:23 by Dougratajczak87.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 19, 2021 01:06

bv

smileys with beer

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 19, 2021 01:31

Yayy - I’m in!!!

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: February 19, 2021 01:36

COVID should be scared of Keith, not the other way around.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: February 19, 2021 03:27

bv

Great to hear BV!
thanks
smileys with beer

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: February 19, 2021 03:43

stargroover

Mick lives on private resorts, why would he want to get vaccinated, he doesn't see ordinary people

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 19, 2021 03:56

Nothing will be "back to normal" until the Stones are playing live again (hopefully 2022), and really hope they're able to perform again whether it's here, there, or anywhere.
And if they happen to play anywhere near where I live (anywhere in California and neighboring states), I'll do my best to be there w/proof of vaccination!
Still though, am a bit cautious to get any hopes too high...lots of hurdles to overcome, logistics to be figured out, mysteries to be solved, etc., etc., etc, ...
Seems a safer bet for now to just hope for some new Stones music, but even that's not a given...maybe/hopefully something soon...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-19 03:58 by Hairball.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 19, 2021 04:24

bv

Mick is no dummy. Maybe the Stones can do some publicity to get those afraid of the vaccine to reconsider. I plan on getting it the first possible chance I get.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 19, 2021 09:59

NilsHolgersson
stargroover

Mick lives on private resorts, why would he want to get vaccinated, he doesn't see ordinary people

Who makes the drinks, serve the food, clean the rooms, take the orders in restaurants, drive the cars, take care of security, logistics. How about family, daughters, sons, friends, they meet other friends, then they meet Mick. Fact is nobody is living in a bubble, far away from the virus. Not rick people, not poor people.

Bjornulf

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: February 19, 2021 11:28

Looking at the photos of Keith in the Studio in New York City, I'm guessing he has already been vaccinated. Why take the risk of leaving your family compound otherwise? If in the UK, all the Stones will have had their first vaccination by now and maybe their second.

latest vaccinations will be mandated by insurers as well as common sense for anyone working on, or close to, the next Tour. I suspect most will want either a test within 48 hours or vaccine certificate to allow people entry this year at least. Maybe some cities will not insist on, for some reason. Probably the same cities that allow people to walk around with semi-automatic guns in their hands.

Re: Bands Might Be RUSTY When Tours Resume
Posted by: massmick ()
Date: February 19, 2021 14:33

30k cramped together at the Daytona 500 lastvweekend.

Re: Bands Might Be RUSTY When Tours Resume
Date: February 19, 2021 14:37

I thought Auckland just got locked down??

Date: February 19, 2021 14:46

With all the smoke thats been blown up our arses, does anyone believe what a fish wrap prints these days???

Date: February 19, 2021 15:08

The Pit is history. They'll need the big bucks for the close seats to justify playing in front of much less than capacity crowds...imo

Date: February 19, 2021 15:23

If you dig deep enough you will find that these 90% effecicy numbers were derived from thousands of test subjects in the 20-40 year range and a very small percentage within others. Ive read that less than 50 people over 75 were included and that the efficiency of the vaccine decreases in age groups above 50. Any time numbers are involved, results get skewed.
It TOTALLY a wait and see situation.

Date: February 19, 2021 15:35

Step number one in my opinion will be to cancel officially The 2020 postponed Tour.
Unless things return to 100% full capacity I do not see any way they can keep the same seating structure And thus will have to reshuffle the deck on seats. The pit is a thing of the past in my opinion. Lucky dips Are probably a memory as well. Who knows maybe they will reward people who kept a hold of their tickets With new ones up front in a reconfigured Set up but I do believe the deck has to be reshuffled. Just my opinion

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 19, 2021 15:46

Why should LDs be a memory? It's a random draw. Fill some seats that go unsold, throw in a few good seats. Why shouldn't LDs work with, say, a seated floor?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 19, 2021 16:13

Topi
Why should LDs be a memory? It's a random draw. Fill some seats that go unsold, throw in a few good seats. Why shouldn't LDs work with, say, a seated floor?

If/when they return to stadiums, I believe they will require vax proof for entry. Perhaps rapid tests, or ones done within 48 hrs etc.
With that, I don't believe we'll see any changes in seating or LD availability.

I think we will see much longer queues, that could impact LDs I suppose as they require more time/people to process, but tough to say at this point.

Date: February 19, 2021 16:17

Topi

Simply because of a reduced amount of seating to satisfy social distancing measures. LDs were designed to fill in the gaps correct? Will they be needed with 50% capacity? Will 50% capacity allow the RSs the luxury of offering 30$ seats...will the LD be 59.99?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-19 16:19 by massmick.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 19, 2021 16:38

I think that they are just going to simply
buy time (which is pretty damn hard to do if you're 80!) and push the US tour to 2022. Most of the tickets have already been sold.

But at 50% capacity? Then it's just a business decision. The Stones would have to lower their guarantee to make the tickets affordable. There's nothing luxurious about LDs. It's just a commercial gesture, and yes, a convenient way to fill gaps (as are day-of-the-show "operational upgrades")

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: February 19, 2021 16:58

MisterDDDD
Topi

If/when they return to stadiums, I believe they will require vax proof for entry. Perhaps rapid tests, or ones done within 48 hrs etc.
With that, I don't believe we'll see any changes in seating or LD availability.

I think we will see much longer queues, that could impact LDs I suppose as they require more time/people to process, but tough to say at this point.

fair point...and it could be...I think it will certainly be up for discussion (and if gov't can waste money debating it, they'll do that too)

Personally, I think such a policy is wrong (and won't work anyway)...read on, if you are interested IMO.

Medical Records are confidential....a "no proof of vax, no entry" policy challenges that...and that is HUGELY important moving forward.

If stadiums can demand "proof of vax"...then who/what is next? Uber Drivers?

where Personal Medical Privacy ends and Public Safety begins is a VERY gray area...but, when it comes to medical records, thus far, the US has always erred on the side of Personal Privacy.

(IMO...this is the way it should be)

besides, we've got 50 states that (currently) make their own stadium-policies (as the NFL Season demonstrated)....

so, be ready for the "Federal Overreach vs. State Rights" discussion.

finally...such a policy is a hugely slippery slope....what qualifies as a "stadium?" Will such a policy include subways, bars and other very-crowded areas?

point: I could see such a policy coming....but, it'll be shite-show, spend tons of taxpayer money "debating" (read: "yelling without listening")....and, in the end, I think each state will decide its own policy.

Personally, I think any policy that demands we share personal-medical data with private businesses and institutions is a bad idea.

(oh...tests 24-48 hours before the show won't even work unless people take the test and then FULLY quarantine until the moment they walk up to the gate and into the show....which is just silly...10s of 1000s take the subway to the shows, go to bars, tailgate and interact with other human beings for the 47 hours after they got the test.)

My Policy: Scared of getting sick at the show/game? Don't go....it's entertainment...you're not entitled to it.

Besides...if we are gonna "test" anything, I'd prefer they do breathalizers on all the drunks driving home after the show/game.

just my opinion, nothing more.

(ps...I'm not an anti-vaxxer...I'm getting the vaccine as soon as my state is done giving it to prisoners and smokers...teachers are less-important than them, apparently.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-19 16:59 by stickyfingers101.

Date: February 19, 2021 17:20

"Most of the tickets have already been sold"

...but don't you think most of the tickets have been refunded??? Id love to know these stats.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8586878889909192939495...LastNext
Current Page: 90 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1320
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home