Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8485868788899091929394...LastNext
Current Page: 89 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: February 17, 2021 21:49

Nate
podiumboy
This variant business is really going to pick up steam in the next few months.

You can’t make that claim without providing evidence so where is it?

Nate

It’s already picking up steam. Check out any news source. It’s starting to feel like February 2020 again.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 17, 2021 21:53

podiumboy
Nate
podiumboy

Nate

It’s already picking up steam. Check out any news source. It’s starting to feel like February 2020 again.

So once again where is your evidence that it’s going to really accelerate over the coming months?

Nate

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: February 17, 2021 21:58

Nate
podiumboy
Nate
podiumboy

Nate

So once again where is your evidence that it’s going to really accelerate over the coming months?

Nate

I’m at work I can’t really look it up right now. But you have the same internet that I do. There’s plenty of info out there.

Date: February 17, 2021 22:05

No worries just provide your evidence after you’ve finished your work.

Have a nice day.

Nate

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 17, 2021 22:09

The variants (mutants) are not a big problem vs the vaccines. Some more vaccinated people will get mild covid-19, due to variants, but few will be really ill. I have posted details about this in the "corona virus" thread.

The biggest concern regarding touring would probably be finance and insurance. The risk is very high, mind you shows and tours have been delayed for some reason or another the past few years, health issues, hurricane issues, then add covid-19 and the band members age. I think they would need to scale down the risk from 14 shows or so into a lower number, but as there is a startup cost, this will be a challenge financially.

Bjornulf

Date: February 17, 2021 22:30

Maybe they can add some pay per view packages whilst playing live to generate extra income for a smaller tour but I have no idea how much that would add financially.

Nate

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 17, 2021 23:15

bv
The variants (mutants) are not a big problem vs the vaccines. Some more vaccinated people will get mild covid-19, due to variants, but few will be really ill. I have posted details about this in the "corona virus" thread.

The biggest concern regarding touring would probably be finance and insurance. The risk is very high, mind you shows and tours have been delayed for some reason or another the past few years, health issues, hurricane issues, then add covid-19 and the band members age. I think they would need to scale down the risk from 14 shows or so into a lower number, but as there is a startup cost, this will be a challenge financially.

well, on the one hand: the (original) band members are in a high risk age group. On there other hand it's relatively easy for them to be on stage and still be isolated and/or make sure that all the people around them have been vaccined. The real problem is the audience

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 18, 2021 00:06

podiumboy
This variant business is really going to pick up steam in the next few months. I predict at some point soon we’re going to have a COVID-21 situation on our hands, and the vaccine will be meaningless. Back to square one.
I think Christmas 2021 is too optimistic. Especially because by then it will be winter, and cases will have picked up again. That light at the end of the tunnel is just another oncoming train!

Brief article from last week:
Study: U.K. coronavirus variant is doubling in U.S. every 10 days

“There could indeed be a very serious situation developing in a matter of months or weeks. These may be early signals warranting urgent investigation by public health authorities”
followed by"If these data are representative, there may be limited time to act". - Nicholas Davies, an epidemiologist at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine

And from the week before:
Infectious-disease expert: Speed up vaccinations ahead of potential COVID "hurricane"

"I mean, imagine where we're at, Chuck, right now. You and I are sitting on this beach where it's 70 degrees, perfectly blue skies, gentle breeze.
But I see that hurricane five, category five or higher, 450 miles offshore," - Michael Osterholm, director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 18, 2021 00:21

Nate
Maybe they can add some pay per view packages whilst playing live to generate extra income for a smaller tour but I have no idea how much that would add financially.

Nate

I'd happily pay $20....maybe $30 max, but not sure how many outside of loyal Stones fans would be willing to part with any money, especially during these trying times with so many struggling.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 18, 2021 00:29

Lab studies suggest Pfizer, Moderna vaccines can protect against coronavirus variant

CNN)A new report published in the New England Journal of Medicine on Wednesday suggests that Pfizer-BioNTech's Covid-19 vaccine can protect people against concerning new coronavirus variants, including one first seen in South Africa called B.1.351.

For the study, researchers at Pfizer and the University of Texas Medical Branch genetically engineered versions of the virus to carry some of the mutations found in B.1.351. They tested them against blood samples taken from 15 people who had received two doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine as part of a clinical trial.
While the blood serum samples produced less neutralizing antibody activity, it was still enough to neutralize the virus, they wrote in a letter to the journal. This is in line with other studies. And it's well within what is seen with other viruses, one of the researchers said.
[www.cnn.com]

edit* meant for virus thread, but also applicable here.. hopefully.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-18 00:30 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: February 18, 2021 01:57

"Suggests" being the operative word.

I hear they are beginning to book events for summer 21 at a cattle corral near me.

jb

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 18, 2021 05:17

Bring out the cowbell, Chuck!

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: February 18, 2021 06:10

this Christmas=2021
next Christmas=2022
with 600 million vaccines coming July 2021- USA is doing 1 million shots a day takes 2 shots

Also state/local regulations-you could do a socially distinct limited capacity masked event in florida now but not other places.

summer 2022 would be nice if things back normal

the madison square garden company is building the best arena in the world in las vegas the sphere was supposed to open in 2021 but delayed until 2023.
Could do a residency wouldn't need to travel or production.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 18, 2021 08:50

daspyknows
georgie48
Hairball
Just read these two announcement on The Who facebook page - unfortunate, but seems the safest, smartest, and obvious thing to do at this point.

"We are sad to announce that due to Coronavirus our #TeenageCancerGig at the Royal Albert Hall show has been cancelled.
If you have tickets for our March 20 show your ticket provider will be in touch with refund info soon.
Teenage Cancer Trust still need your support to help make sure young people don’t face cancer alone.
Please consider donating the price of your ticket: Teenage Cancer Trust

And:

“We are very sorry that we have to cancel our planned March 2021 UK and Ireland shows. Please excuse the delay but we wanted to wait as long as possible to see if we could indeed play them.
However, as you can see the current situation makes this impossible. Thanks for all your wonderful support and we hope to see you in the future when conditions allow.”

~ Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend, 15 February 2021

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hopefully they'll continue some day when it's safe enough - the last two shows I saw at the Hollywood Bowl in 2019, as well as both shows at Desert Trip were amazing.

Wow Hairball, you were at the Desert Trip! Off course you saw the Stones too. The Stones did an old Beatles song, I vaguely remember. Didn't sound that great. What did you think about it?

Desert Trip was fun. My only regret is I didn't go both weekends.

My Desert Trip highlight was getting to MEET Hairball in person on weekend one. He's not as frightening as his reputation. His reputation preceded him, but then did not live up to expectations.

plexi

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: February 18, 2021 10:34

I don’t think we will see a Stones tour again.The tours were gradually getting smaller anyhow.Finances,ages,logistics and eventually the aftermath of this pandemic all point to residencies.My money is on 2022 for the sixtieth anniversary.Maybe the O2 Arena in London,Madison square Garden and possibly Las Vegas.And that’s been optimistic.

Date: February 18, 2021 16:04

Life will be normal within the next 12 months. The Rolling Stones will perform live in some way during the next 12-18 months. I am ready wherever they go.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: February 18, 2021 16:35

bv, last year when many people, even on this board thought this would be over in a couple of weeks and still had hope in a 2020 US Tour, you were the one to tell us that it's not gonna be going away quickly. I remember being sad because I trust your word a lot.

Seeing you write about the Stones performing again and life coming back to normal makes me so happy right now.

I can't wait to attend the next Stones show, no matter where it will be. 2019 was way too amazing.

I know there are still many other problems to solve right now but I can't forbid myself to think about the fact that live shows will be possible again with the Stones still around.

After 2 years of stage absence, there will probably even be a club gig. Just thinking about this, this is about as long as the break starting from the last show of the European leg of the 1999 No Security tour to the 2002 licks tour starting in September of 2002 (I think), now just 20 years later. So it will be pretty special to see them performing again, the first concert is gonna feel like a real opening night.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 18, 2021 16:46

I saw Merle Haggard open for Bob Dylan toward the end of his life & he joked that the band was so old that they had to hire an ambulance to follow the tour bus. Maybe the Stones could take that a step further & have a medevac plane follow the tour if/when it happens. I kid, I kid! grinning smiley

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: February 18, 2021 16:56

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there is an announcement over the next few days confirming rescheduled US tour dates for Spring 2022.

Agree with other posts here that something is likely to be announced soon, what with the recent social media activity.

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: February 18, 2021 17:24

Mr Jimmy
I wouldn't be at all surprised if there is an announcement over the next few days confirming rescheduled US tour dates for Spring 2022.

Agree with other posts here that something is likely to be announced soon, what with the recent social media activity.

My thought exactly since it’s clear 2021 won’t be viable and that 2022 should be.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: February 18, 2021 17:37

Is this a good time for me to reveal why I never got a ticket refund? "If" they announce a rescheduling for 2022, I still doubt it will be at 100% capacity. If limited seating venue tickets become expensive or hard to come by...I already have my tickets. If it is 100% capacity and ticket prices remain the same, then no harm no foul in keeping my tickets. To me, it wasn't worth the risk to get a refund.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: February 18, 2021 17:54

bv
Life will be normal within the next 12 months. The Rolling Stones will perform live in some way during the next 12-18 months. I am ready wherever they go.
My thoughts smiling smiley Lets hope its true smiling smiley)) See you on the road during the summer 2022 tour smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 18, 2021 18:37

MononoM
bv
My thoughts smiling smiley Lets hope its true smiling smiley)) See you on the road during the summer 2022 tour smiling smiley

even if there are shows – the question is: who will be able to attend them? For example: if they do shows in the USA they might not let you in if you are from Norway, Germany or the UK…

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: February 18, 2021 19:18

Im curious of if Mick, Keef, Charlie or Woody received the vaccine yet?

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: February 18, 2021 19:30

Don't think so, vaccines are for poor people

Date: February 18, 2021 19:45

slewan
MononoM
bv

even if there are shows – the question is: who will be able to attend them? For example: if they do shows in the USA they might not let you in if you are from Norway, Germany or the UK…[/quote

Some people have exemptions and have been able to travel to the USA during the pandemic.Recently apps have been developed and are now in use by certain airlines to show you have tested negative in order to travel.Many countries are looking at vaccine passports and these will be in use this year.There will be many major airlines and some countries that won’t let people board planes or enter if they have chosen not to have the vaccine but for those that take the vaccine international travel will be possible again this year and there are actually many countries that have been open during the pandemic.

Nate

Date: February 18, 2021 19:47

NilsHolgersson

Well you can pick one up in Dubai for £65,000

Nate

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 18, 2021 20:44

Agree with Mr. Jimmy, I'm thinking the US dates are going to get rescheduled to 2022.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-18 20:45 by Topi.

Date: February 18, 2021 21:03

Keith lives in CT USA and Mick in UK and France and Charlie in UK and Ronnie may be UK may be Barcelona Spain, and their crew comes from UK and USA and other places, so The Rolling Stones would not be able to tour USA until people from outside USA are allowed to visit... If USA don't want strangers to visit then I am sure UK will allow their very own band to tour, so I am not worried about permits. Still, a vaccine certificate would be essential of course.

One year ago we knew nothing about the virus, it was new. This thread was started one year ago, late Feb 2020. One year ago the typical time to make a vaccine was 2-3 years or more. Luckily the mRNA technology was ready just in time, and thanks to brilliant work from governments (funding), scientists (researching) and some countries with too much covid-19 (testing vaccines) we had several vaccine candidates approved in one year - amazingly fast.

There will still be mutants/variants around, we will not get rid of covid-19, but I think The Rolling Stones will be able to run some projects late 2021 or more probably 2022. They will be a bit rusty, but that is ok, I am not a big fan of slick and perfect performances anyway.

Bjornulf

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: February 18, 2021 21:07

NilsHolgersson

What kind of a comment is that?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8485868788899091929394...LastNext
Current Page: 89 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1337