Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8384858687888990919293...LastNext
Current Page: 88 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 15, 2021 23:41

georgie48
Hairball
georgie48
Hairball
Just read these two announcement on The Who facebook page - unfortunate, but seems the safest, smartest, and obvious thing to do at this point.

"We are sad to announce that due to Coronavirus our #TeenageCancerGig at the Royal Albert Hall show has been cancelled.
If you have tickets for our March 20 show your ticket provider will be in touch with refund info soon.
Teenage Cancer Trust still need your support to help make sure young people don’t face cancer alone.
Please consider donating the price of your ticket: Teenage Cancer Trust

And:

“We are very sorry that we have to cancel our planned March 2021 UK and Ireland shows. Please excuse the delay but we wanted to wait as long as possible to see if we could indeed play them.
However, as you can see the current situation makes this impossible. Thanks for all your wonderful support and we hope to see you in the future when conditions allow.”

~ Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend, 15 February 2021

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hopefully they'll continue some day when it's safe enough - the last two shows I saw at the Hollywood Bowl in 2019, as well as both shows at Desert Trip were amazing.

Wow Hairball, you were at the Desert Trip! Off course you saw the Stones too. The Stones did an old Beatles song, I vaguely remember. Didn't sound that great. What did you think about it?

Yes georgie48 - both weekends of Desert Trip. The Stones doing the Beatles' Come Together (on wkd. 1) was horrible, and truth be told the Stones were not at their best at either Desert Trip shows.
The WHO along with Neil Young and Roger Waters were the highlights imo, while Macca was a bit boring. Dylan was good, but he's better in a much smaller setting - it didnt quite translate in the vast Desert landscape.
In the end the desert wasn't too kind to the Stones, and Mick ended up getting sick from it resulting in the first *Vegas show scheduled a few days later getting cancelled.

Looking back, it doesn't surprise me that Mick got sick. I was (with my oldest daughter) at the Twickenham concert in June 2018 (very good concert, by the way), halfway the catwalk toward the stage. And ... it was really the very first time in half a Century that I found Mick (still giving it all) not looking well. Keith was in great shape and smiling all over the place, but Mick had a really tired expression on his face. I really was worried.
Well, we all know now he had problems with his heart and had surgery in 2019. Amazing that he did pretty well during the subsequent 2019 USA tour (following the different YouTube live recordings).
I have good hopes for 2020 winking smiley

2020...ha what a year that was..............................must be a typo and you meant to write 2023.................. winking smiley

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: February 15, 2021 23:57

Hairball
georgie48
Hairball
georgie48
Hairball
Just read these two announcement on The Who facebook page - unfortunate, but seems the safest, smartest, and obvious thing to do at this point.

"We are sad to announce that due to Coronavirus our #TeenageCancerGig at the Royal Albert Hall show has been cancelled.
If you have tickets for our March 20 show your ticket provider will be in touch with refund info soon.
Teenage Cancer Trust still need your support to help make sure young people don’t face cancer alone.

And:

“We are very sorry that we have to cancel our planned March 2021 UK and Ireland shows. Please excuse the delay but we wanted to wait as long as possible to see if we could indeed play them.
However, as you can see the current situation makes this impossible. Thanks for all your wonderful support and we hope to see you in the future when conditions allow.”

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hopefully they'll continue some day when it's safe enough - the last two shows I saw at the Hollywood Bowl in 2019, as well as both shows at Desert Trip were amazing.

Wow Hairball, you were at the Desert Trip! Off course you saw the Stones too. The Stones did an old Beatles song, I vaguely remember. Didn't sound that great. What did you think about it?

Yes georgie48 - both weekends of Desert Trip. The Stones doing the Beatles' Come Together (on wkd. 1) was horrible, and truth be told the Stones were not at their best at either Desert Trip shows.
The WHO along with Neil Young and Roger Waters were the highlights imo, while Macca was a bit boring. Dylan was good, but he's better in a much smaller setting - it didnt quite translate in the vast Desert landscape.
In the end the desert wasn't too kind to the Stones, and Mick ended up getting sick from it resulting in the first *Vegas show scheduled a few days later getting cancelled.

Looking back, it doesn't surprise me that Mick got sick. I was (with my oldest daughter) at the Twickenham concert in June 2018 (very good concert, by the way), halfway the catwalk toward the stage. And ... it was really the very first time in half a Century that I found Mick (still giving it all) not looking well. Keith was in great shape and smiling all over the place, but Mick had a really tired expression on his face. I really was worried.
Well, we all know now he had problems with his heart and had surgery in 2019. Amazing that he did pretty well during the subsequent 2019 USA tour (following the different YouTube live recordings).
I have good hopes for 2020 winking smiley

2020...ha what a year that was..............................must be a typo and you meant to write 2023.................. winking smiley

Yep, it was a typo, but I am a little more optimistic (or is it stubborn confused smiley ... 2022, but possibly different from what many may expect ... winking smiley

Date: February 16, 2021 00:06

Sure georgie - I could see 2022 happening in some way, but it would be much different than what was originally planned with these postponed US shows.
Maybe a small number of small shows at small venues with small handful of people in attendance socially distanced and masked to commemorate the 60th - London would be the obvious choice.
But there's still plenty of questions, mysteries, and unknowns that need to be addressed and figured out before anything happens with a band whose members are in their 70's, and one who will be 80!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: February 16, 2021 00:31

I apply common sense in all my day-to-day proceedings but I won't be going to the Stones with a mask.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 16, 2021 01:08

Hairball
Sure georgie - I could see 2022 happening in some way, but it would be much different than what was originally planned with these postponed US shows.
Maybe a small number of small shows at small venues with small handful of people in attendance socially distanced and masked to commemorate the 60th - London would be the obvious choice.
But there's still plenty of questions, mysteries, and unknowns that need to be addressed and figured out before anything happens with a band whose members are in their 70's, and one who will be 80!

That’s what I see too. Something along the lines of the 5 shows at the end of 2012 with 2/3 gigs at the London O2 and 2/3 in the New York Area. And then that’s it. Charlie will be 81 and Mick almost 80. No guest spots for Bill and Mick T either. I believe the days of 15 show multi city tours of continents are at an end, much as people don’t want to believe it. If they can pull it off, a 60 year career will be a marvellous feat.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 16, 2021 01:42

Nikkei
I apply common sense in all my day-to-day proceedings but I won't be going to the Stones with a mask.

I think the idea of social distancing and masks at a concert is ridiculous and I won’t be attending any shows until there is no need for these measures.
The thing I fear most about concerts returning is some new safety rule that prevents a pit section and being replaced by seating on the pitch.That kind of arrangement works fine in a venue like the Royal Albert Hall but in a big stadium and with certain acts I would not entertain the idea of sitting on the pitch.

Nate

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: February 16, 2021 02:59

grzegorz67
Hairball

That’s what I see too. Something along the lines of the 5 shows at the end of 2012 with 2/3 gigs at the London O2 and 2/3 in the New York Area. And then that’s it. Charlie will be 81 and Mick almost 80. No guest spots for Bill and Mick T either. I believe the days of 15 show multi city tours of continents are at an end, much as people don’t want to believe it. If they can pull it off, a 60 year career will be a marvellous feat.

I’m inclined to believe that the dates are still postponed so that they can fulfillthe tour and keeping the guaranteed money.

If they complete these dates, they’ve essentially done two complete tours of the US (50th/Zip Code and No Filter US) and Europe (14 on Fire and No Filter), along with 1 tour of Australia/NZ/Asia and Latin America.

IF they do complete the tour, I think SoFi in LA gets added along with the new Vegas stadiums to make up some of the costs.

After that, I could see London and New York in 2023 to close it out and maybe remain as one- three show string possibilities for them in the future.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-16 03:02 by Dougratajczak87.

Date: February 16, 2021 03:31

grzegorz67
Hairball

Yes grzegorz67 - based on the current situation of the pandemic, and considering the bands old age, difficult to come up with any realistic scenario of how they can go forward at this point,
but the days of 15 show multi city tours in massive stadiums certainly seems to be over as we once knew it. But no matter how much you, I, and everyone else tries to predict the future and rationalize the situation,
it's all speculation - even the scientists and experts are uncertain how long this could go on (w/new mutations, etc), and at what level the restrictions should be at in the foreseeable future and beyond.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 16, 2021 03:37

georgie48
Hairball

And:

Desert Trip was fun. My only regret is I didn't go both weekends.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: February 16, 2021 09:05

Nate
Nikkei

I think the idea of social distancing and masks at a concert is ridiculous and I won’t be attending any shows until there is no need for these measures.
The thing I fear most about concerts returning is some new safety rule that prevents a pit section and being replaced by seating on the pitch.That kind of arrangement works fine in a venue like the Royal Albert Hall but in a big stadium and with certain acts I would not entertain the idea of sitting on the pitch.

Nate

Well Nate, I could not have imagined seats in a pit, but when I, as a European, saw my first USA Stones concert in 1994 in New Jersey's Giant Stadium, I was flabbergasted... seats in the pit! People sitting during a slow song and standing during "rough stuff". I was sitting in the pit twice in the Green Monster and in the Gillette stadium in/near Boston MA, in Denver CO (Thanksgiving Day, front seat!), in Raleigh NC (on my birthday) and surprise ... in Rome, Italy in 2006! All pretty big to very big concerts. And all those concerts were great! So don't worry, they will come up with an enjoyable solution.
smileys with beer

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 16, 2021 09:45

I'm fine with a seated floor.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: February 16, 2021 10:04

Interesting that this tour is still postponed and not cancelled.And refunds are not possible.It really smacks of let’s hang onto the money and capitalise on the interest.
I note the Who have cancelled their UK tour.They have had my dosh for well over a year.Refunds are going to happen,although they say they might be a delay cause of new working practices.What bollocks.
At least Roger and Pete have now taken the honest decision to cancel.
I wonder if the Stones will follow ?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 16, 2021 14:28

stargroover
Interesting that this tour is still postponed and not cancelled.And refunds are not possible.It really smacks of let’s hang onto the money and capitalise on the interest.
I note the Who have cancelled their UK tour.They have had my dosh for well over a year.Refunds are going to happen,although they say they might be a delay cause of new working practices.What bollocks.
At least Roger and Pete have now taken the honest decision to cancel.
I wonder if the Stones will follow ?

Refunds have been available for any of the shows, even via resellers, for quite a while.

Sorry to hear honest Rog and Pete hung on to your money for so long.

Date: February 16, 2021 16:42

Stargroover, the Stones authorized refunds on Ticketmaster as early as March 24, 2020.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-16 16:43 by Topi.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: February 16, 2021 18:49

Ah thanks for that information Topi and MisterDDDD.
A few artists seem to be trying to hanging onto cash ,same with the Michael Schenker rescheduled gig.

Date: February 17, 2021 15:36

Just saying, the Stones have posted live clips on their social media a couple of times in recent days.

Add to that the "subscribe to your mailing list" post.

In the past, both have been subtle teasers in anticipation of tour date announcements. This time, they might be something else, of course.

Date: February 17, 2021 15:51

Agree, Topi.
As you say, they might not be, but the latest series of posts at least on Twitter over the last week, has me thinking an announcement of some sort is coming soon.

All live music related..
[twitter.com]

Date: February 17, 2021 16:02

Exactly.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: February 17, 2021 16:04

Strange there are no rumours of any kind

Date: February 17, 2021 16:18

That part is true, but then again the US tour is still "on" in a contractual sense. Might it get pushed to 2022?

Currently seeing a lot of big names reschedule to 2022. Céline Dion the latest example.

2021 is another off year, I'm afraid.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-17 16:19 by Topi.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: February 17, 2021 16:34

The most I can see them doIng is releasing another song or 2 from the album that’s supposedly been in the works for the last few years. 2021 is certainly an off year and with the slow recovery from the Pandemic and the band’s advancing years, insurance becomes a huge issue for future tours.

Date: February 17, 2021 16:38

My money (literally and figuratively) is still on a late summer/early fall tour ('21).

I know..I know.. whatabout virus, whatabout NFL stadiums, whatabout variants...
With most everyone who wants to be in the US vaccinated by summer, and of course as well as the band and crew, why not? Live entertainment will be back asap, and the industry will find safe ways to do it imo.

I think they get this (last) leg of the NF-NA tour in the books, and finish (touring) things up, after a short break, in '22.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: February 17, 2021 19:26

Last night 2/16/21 biden said on tv cnn the usa may be back to normal by next Christmas 2022.

[twitter.com]

He also promised enough vaccines doses to cover all Americans by the end of July 2021.

In the usa have three governments- federal-president, state-governor,local-mayor.
Some of the states governor's are more open.
On 2/7/21 the super bowl had about 25,000 masked socially distant fans in Florida. While other states have no gatherings.

Date: February 17, 2021 19:34

grzegorz67
The most I can see them doIng is releasing another song or 2 from the album that’s supposedly been in the works for the last few years. 2021 is certainly an off year and with the slow recovery from the Pandemic and the band’s advancing years, insurance becomes a huge issue for future tours.

At this point, insurance is definitely one of the biggest hurdles, but no doubt there are still many problems having to to with the pandemic in general.
With Keith recently hinting at "new material on the horizon", and not long ago mentioning the possibility of releasing a new tune here and there, seems that might be what's in the immediate future.
Hope to hear anything new from the Stones as Ghost Town was an excellent surprise, but to expect an announcement of rescheduled tour dates seems to be unrealistic wishful thinking right now,
especially when practically every other band is in the process of postponing and rescheduling to 2022, or cancelling all together such as The Who just did.

That said, could be a live album/dvd/cd of one of the US No Filter shows, or maybe a combination of greatest bits and pieces from the US leg of the tour. A few from the Euro leg were on Honk deluxe.
If it's a single show, hoping for it to be one of the shows I attended (Chicago 2, Santa Clara, Pasadena, or Glendale), but Miami might be a good choice since it was possibly their last ever live show.

Date: February 17, 2021 19:48

artedm
Last night 2/16/21 biden said on tv cnn the usa may be back to normal by next Christmas 2022.

[twitter.com]

He also promised enough vaccines doses to cover all Americans by the end of July 2021.

In the usa have three governments- federal-president, state-governor,local-mayor.
On 2/7/21 the super bowl had about 25,000 masked socially distant fans in Florida. While other states have no gatherings.

That would be Christmas 2021, but yes nearly a year away, and he wasn't making any promises or being overly/unrealistically optimistic.

From an article in CNN.com:

The prediction of nearly another year in pandemic-dampened conditions was admittedly not optimistic.
But Biden still said it was as good as he could offer with any level of confidence.

"... by next Christmas I think we'll be in a very different circumstance, God willing, than we are today.
A year from now, I think that there'll be significantly fewer people having to be socially distanced, having to wear a mask.
I don't want to over promise anything here."

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: February 17, 2021 20:50

Hairball
artedm

[twitter.com]

That would be Christmas 2021, but yes nearly a year away, and he wasn't making any promises or being overly/unrealistically optimistic.

From an article in CNN.com:

The prediction of nearly another year in pandemic-dampened conditions was admittedly not optimistic.
But Biden still said it was as good as he could offer with any level of confidence.

"... by next Christmas I think we'll be in a very different circumstance, God willing, than we are today.
A year from now, I think that there'll be significantly fewer people having to be socially distanced, having to wear a mask.
I don't want to over promise anything here."

I was hoping that I misunderstood the President...especially that it is expected that all Americans who wish to receive the vaccine (hopefully everyone) will have it available to them by July. Headwise, I was ready for "back to normal" by late summer early autumn.

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: February 17, 2021 20:54

This variant business is really going to pick up steam in the next few months. I predict at some point soon we’re going to have a COVID-21 situation on our hands, and the vaccine will be meaningless. Back to square one. I think Christmas 2021 is too optimistic. Especially because by then it will be winter, and cases will have picked up again. That light at the end of the tunnel is just another oncoming train!

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: February 17, 2021 21:01

MisterDDDD
My money (literally and figuratively) is still on a late summer/early fall tour ('21).

I know..I know.. whatabout virus, whatabout NFL stadiums, whatabout variants...
With most everyone who wants to be in the US vaccinated by summer, and of course as well as the band and crew, why not? Live entertainment will be back asap, and the industry will find safe ways to do it imo.

I think they get this (last) leg of the NF-NA tour in the books, and finish (touring) things up, after a short break, in '22.

With all due respect, that will not happen. Summer 2022 is our absolute best case scenario, and I’m not at all confident about that. One thing I am sure of, is that there will be no concerts in 2021. Sports teams will still be having limited attendance this fall, etc. I personally see a scenario where the concert industry folds entirely as being the most likely outcome.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 17, 2021 21:39

podiumboy
This variant business is really going to pick up steam in the next few months.

You can’t make that claim without providing evidence so where is it?

Nate

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 17, 2021 21:45

podiumboy

This variant business is really going to pick up steam in the next few months. I predict at some point soon we’re going to have a COVID-21 situation on our hands, and the vaccine will be meaningless.

If the new COVID-19 mutants are in the majority and the vaccine is less effective then the mRNA-vaccines by BioNTech and Moderna can be adjusted relatively quickly (several weeks). But the vaccination process would start all over again and would take additional time (maybe another year?).

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8384858687888990919293...LastNext
Current Page: 88 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1740
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home