Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8283848586878889909192...LastNext
Current Page: 87 of 157
Re: Next Tour
Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: February 13, 2021 06:19

I think most of us are still stuck on the fact that there might not ever be another tour. The Stones aren't going to tour unless they can play for full stadiums at high prices... I have my doubts any band will ever be able to do that ever again.

Posted by: pjb ()
Date: February 13, 2021 07:03

New Zealand band Six 60 playing in Wellington tonight to 30,000 people.live events will get back for the rest of the world in time.

Date: February 13, 2021 07:13

Maybe they will resume the No Filter Tour by Spring 2022, then additional dates à la 2016 Fall Tour to celebrate their 60th Anniversary

Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 13, 2021 11:19

the fall 2016 tour was desert trip, vegas, foxboro private show, and that was it.

plexi

Date: February 13, 2021 14:51

DiegoGlimmerStones
Maybe they will resume the No Filter Tour by Spring 2022, then additional dates à la 2016 Fall Tour to celebrate their 60th Anniversary

With all due respect, that’s what we said about 2021.

There is no reason to believe that 50,000 will be allowed to pack a football stadium by summer 2022. Nobody that knows anything has even hinted that that may be a possibility.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 13, 2021 15:24

This is from December.. timeline has improved since then.

Dr. Anthony Fauci Predicts When Sports Stadiums Could be Full Again

"So it probably will be well into the end of the summer before you can really feel comfortable [with full sports stadiums]–if a lot of people get vaccinated. I don't think we're going to be that normal in July. I think it probably would be by the end of the summer."
[www.si.com]

Date: February 13, 2021 15:28

COVID-19 vaccines could be available to the general public in April in the United States, Fauci says

The United States could start letting the general public have access to COVID-19 vaccines in April, and the country may be able to inoculate most Americans by the middle or end of the summer, Dr. Anthony Fauci said Thursday.

The director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases told NBC's "Today" show that he believes the pace of vaccination will pick up going into March and April.

[www.wapt.com]#

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 13, 2021 20:59

podiumboy
DiegoGlimmerStones

There is no reason to believe that 50,000 will be allowed to pack a football stadium by summer 2022. Nobody that knows anything has even hinted that that may be a possibility.

From Ultimate Classic Rock, Roger "Buzz" Osborne (aka "King Buzzo") of the Melvins speaks his mind about when he will tour again, and this coming from a band who plays clubs and small theaters.:

“I’m thinking no sooner than March of [2022] probably. I had a lot more hope for this vaccine. But now you have to continue wearing the mask,
continue social distancing – perhaps you won’t get as sick if you get it. That doesn’t change anything! That doesn’t change a f*cking thing.
How can you have a live show? If they can’t open a restaurant in Los Angeles, how the f*ck are we going to have a show?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-13 21:00 by Hairball.

Date: February 13, 2021 22:44

Baby steps, but we'll see full stadiums for both large concerts and sporting events by late this summer/early fall across the US.
No Filter '21.. a few revisions, but glad to have a few LD's still on the books.
NY already ramping up now..

Cuomo: Sporting events, concerts can resume with new guidelines impose

ALBANY — Arenas that host sporting events and other entertainment will be able to begin reopening later this month if they adhere to the guidelines that were in place when the NFL's Buffalo Bills hosted two home playoff games last month.
The restrictions include a limited number of attendees and fans who must provide a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of the event. The venues also must be able to check the body temperature of everyone entering their facilities and masks and social distancing are required.
The reopenings will be limited to 10 percent capacity, with assigned seating, for stadiums and arenas that hold more than 10,000 spectators.
[www.thetelegraph.com]

Date: February 13, 2021 23:34

bv
Performing artists in their 20's, 30's and 40's, with crowds of similar ages, might do some shows later this year, after summer, may be. Performing artists age late 70's and up, with crowds not much younger would have to wait until 2022.

All of this is just science, and a matter of survival. We do know a lot more about this now, as compared to one year ago, when some said it will just pass over in matter of weeks.

Seems to be the safest bet, and when you consider that most older bands are rescheduling to 2022, seems that's the trend going forward.
Nick Mason, ZZ Top, Queen, etc. have rescheduled to 2022, and you have to think that all other older bands with older members in their '70s will have to do the same.
Maybe not completely their choice to wait so long (though maybe it is), but there's probably problems with insurance companies also, not to mention dozens of other hurdles that need to be dealt with.

Date: February 13, 2021 23:53

WILL THERE BE ROCK CONCERTS IN 2021?

Music fans pining for the return of live performances continue asking the same question: When will it be safe for concerts to return? Like anything related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the answer is complicated.

It’s been roughly a year since the coronavirus brought live music to a halt, with the majority of major tours and festivals shut down by March 2020.

In a conversation with The New York Times, Dr. Anthony Fauci, an infectious disease expert and the chief medical advisor to President Joe Biden, predicted a return to concerts “sometime in the fall of 2021.” His optimism stemmed from increased vaccinations, which will eventually lead to herd immunity. “By the time we get to the early to mid-fall, you can have people feeling safe performing onstage as well as people in the audience.” Others have been even more bullish about the timeline.

"In the key U.S./Western European markets, it continues to be our expectation that by next summer, we're back with our major outdoor shows — our amphitheaters here in the U.S., festivals globally.
We'll be able to do those shows," Live Nation President Joe Berchtold estimated in a December 2020 conversation with CNBC's Squawk Alley. The CEO’s outlook reflected optimism for swift progress in 2021, but so far things haven’t gone exactly to plan.
[ultimateclassicrock.com]

Date: February 14, 2021 01:32

This is kind of sad, and glad I was able to see them a couple of times several years ago while Lindsey was still in the band - hopefully they can get it together some way or some how for those who still want to see them.
But makes me wonder what other older artists are thinking (Charlie will be 80 this year!), and how/if they'll be able to kick it back in to gear after a lengthy hiatus considering their old age, or if they'll even want to...
Maybe a couple of shows in 2022 here and there when it's safer vs. a full on tour for Fleetwood Mac (and other older bands), and/or maybe some virtual live stream shows in their future...

Christine McVie Doubts Fleetwood Mac Will Tour Again
Martin Kielty
Published: February 9, 2021

Songbird

Christine McVie said she felt she was “too old” to tour with Fleetwood Mac again.

The singer and keyboardist, 77, also expressed doubt that singer Stevie Nicks and bassist John McVie would agree to take part in any post-coronavirus road trip, although she was sure drummer Mick Fleetwood would sign up. “That’s an impossible question to even answer,” McVie said when asked about a future tour on BBC Radio 2 recently. “If we do, it would be without John and without Stevie, I think. I think I’m getting a bit too old for it now – especially having had a year off. I don’t know if I could get myself back into it again.”

While she didn’t offer her thoughts on why Nicks might refuse, she said ex-husband John is "feeling a little bit frail. He’s fine, but he just hasn’t got the heart for it anymore. He wants to get on his boat. … You reach a certain age where you go, ‘Hey, I’m not going to bust a gut doing this any more.” She noted that "it all looks very nice when you come and see the show, but the work that goes behind it to get to that point is unbelievable. ...
I know Mick would do it in a lightning strike, but I couldn’t possibly say. … We’re certainly not touring this year either.”

Fleetwood Mac revamped their lineup in 2018 by adding Mike Campbell and Neil Finn as replacement for Lindsey Buckingham, who’d recently been fired. Speaking in November 2020, Campbell said he expected to record an album with his new bandmates and was surprised to find himself hitting the road with them instead. “At the end of that tour, we were all pretty tired: You know, we went around the world once or twice," he recalled.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-14 01:36 by Hairball.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: February 14, 2021 02:03

I'm looking forward to the Stones resuming their tour. They'll be back!

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: February 14, 2021 05:50

they had a standing concert before the Superbowl:

[youtu.be]

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-14 05:52 by DREAMTIME.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 14, 2021 10:17

podiumboy
DiegoGlimmerStones

there's a lot of people who have more than hinted this is more than a strong possibility.

plexi

Date: February 15, 2021 04:41

timbernardis
podiumboy
DiegoGlimmerStones

there's a lot of people who have more than hinted this is more than a strong possibility.

plexi

In order for the Stones to do this next leg of the No Filter Tour, California and New York are going to have to be full on open, on on the same level as Florida and Texas. I think we're a long way from that being a reality. I would be more surprised if full scale concerts DO happen in 2022 than if they don't... I'm actually expecting them not to.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 15, 2021 14:23

The Stones just tweeted this out:

[twitter.com]

Are you signed up to the Rolling Stones mailing list? If not head over to: [RollingStones.lnk.to] to make sure you get all the latest news and announcements, straight to your inbox...you'll also get 10% off in the official store!

Usually when they tell you to do this, something is cooking.

Date: February 15, 2021 14:37

Topi
The Stones just tweeted this out:

[twitter.com]

Are you signed up to the Rolling Stones mailing list? If not head over to: [RollingStones.lnk.to] to make sure you get all the latest news and announcements, straight to your inbox...you'll also get 10% off in the official store!

Usually when they tell you to do this, something is cooking.

smileys with beer

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 15, 2021 17:52

The key point there is 10% off on the store. Need to sell merch.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 15, 2021 19:09

The merch part is obvious, but then again that was always there. They usually don't do this just for merch.

Date: February 15, 2021 19:25

Not the news some fans were waiting on, but could be they're finally going to announce the cancellation, and hope to sell some merch while they're at it.

"Unfortunately due to corona, the postponed shows will have to be cancelled, but here's a 10% discount code to help us all make it through this pandemic - start me up!".

edit: Just browsed around the official online store briefly and didn't see anything new or anything that caught my eye, but here's the link .>Stones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-15 19:56 by Hairball.

Date: February 15, 2021 19:49

Just read these two announcement on The Who facebook page - unfortunate, but seems the safest, smartest, and obvious thing to do at this point.

"We are sad to announce that due to Coronavirus our #TeenageCancerGig at the Royal Albert Hall show has been cancelled.
If you have tickets for our March 20 show your ticket provider will be in touch with refund info soon.
Teenage Cancer Trust still need your support to help make sure young people don’t face cancer alone.
Please consider donating the price of your ticket: Teenage Cancer Trust

And:

“We are very sorry that we have to cancel our planned March 2021 UK and Ireland shows. Please excuse the delay but we wanted to wait as long as possible to see if we could indeed play them.
However, as you can see the current situation makes this impossible. Thanks for all your wonderful support and we hope to see you in the future when conditions allow.”

~ Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend, 15 February 2021

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hopefully they'll continue some day when it's safe enough - the last two shows I saw at the Hollywood Bowl in 2019, as well as both shows at Desert Trip were amazing.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: February 15, 2021 20:06

Hairball
Just read these two announcement on The Who facebook page - unfortunate, but seems the safest, smartest, and obvious thing to do at this point.

"We are sad to announce that due to Coronavirus our #TeenageCancerGig at the Royal Albert Hall show has been cancelled.
If you have tickets for our March 20 show your ticket provider will be in touch with refund info soon.
Teenage Cancer Trust still need your support to help make sure young people don’t face cancer alone.

And:

“We are very sorry that we have to cancel our planned March 2021 UK and Ireland shows. Please excuse the delay but we wanted to wait as long as possible to see if we could indeed play them.
However, as you can see the current situation makes this impossible. Thanks for all your wonderful support and we hope to see you in the future when conditions allow.”

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hopefully they'll continue some day when it's safe enough - the last two shows I saw at the Hollywood Bowl in 2019, as well as both shows at Desert Trip were amazing.

Wow Hairball, you were at the Desert Trip! Off course you saw the Stones too. The Stones did an old Beatles song, I vaguely remember. Didn't sound that great. What did you think about it?

Date: February 15, 2021 20:21

georgie48
Hairball

And:

Wow Hairball, you were at the Desert Trip! Off course you saw the Stones too. The Stones did an old Beatles song, I vaguely remember. Didn't sound that great. What did you think about it?

Yes georgie48 - both weekends of Desert Trip. The Stones doing the Beatles' Come Together (on wkd. 1) was horrible, and truth be told the Stones were not at their best at either Desert Trip shows.
The WHO along with Neil Young and Roger Waters were the highlights imo, while Macca was a bit boring. Dylan was good, but he's better in a much smaller setting - it didnt quite translate in the vast Desert landscape.
In the end the desert wasn't too kind to the Stones, and Mick ended up getting sick from it resulting in the first *Vegas show scheduled a few days later getting cancelled.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: February 15, 2021 20:39

The who pulled the plug on uk tour - unsurprising as due to start next month but interesting it’s a cancel rather than another postponement
[www.google.co.uk]

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: February 15, 2021 20:53

Hairball
georgie48
Hairball

And:

Yes georgie48 - both weekends of Desert Trip. The Stones doing the Beatles' Come Together (on wkd. 1) was horrible, and truth be told the Stones were not at their best at either Desert Trip shows.
The WHO along with Neil Young and Roger Waters were the highlights imo, while Macca was a bit boring. Dylan was good, but he's better in a much smaller setting - it didnt quite translate in the vast Desert landscape.
In the end the desert wasn't too kind to the Stones, and Mick ended up getting sick from it resulting in the first *Vegas show scheduled a few days later getting cancelled.

Looking back, it doesn't surprise me that Mick got sick. I was (with my oldest daughter) at the Twickenham concert in June 2018 (very good concert, by the way), halfway the catwalk toward the stage. And ... it was really the very first time in half a Century that I found Mick (still giving it all) not looking well. Keith was in great shape and smiling all over the place, but Mick had a really tired expression on his face. I really was worried.
Well, we all know now he had problems with his heart and had surgery in 2019. Amazing that he did pretty well during the subsequent 2019 USA tour (following the different YouTube live recordings).
I have good hopes for 2020 winking smiley

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: February 15, 2021 21:12

I agree with Hairball that the Stones’ version of Come Together was indeed horrible. Truly lousy Beatles song choice for them. But what was more irritating to me was Macca didn’t perform a true Stones song in return. Instead he played a song he wrote that the Stones recorded (I forget which one, my memory is bad, Hairball will remember). I thought that was a dick move on Macca’s part. He was probably annoyed the Stones picked a Lennon song. Desert Trip was great fun, but the cancelled Vegas show was disappointing and the second Vegas show was a bit sub par, I thought. Mick still wasn’t feeling so good after the dry desert winds.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 15, 2021 22:00

JadedFaded
I agree with Hairball that the Stones’ version of Come Together was indeed horrible. Truly lousy Beatles song choice for them. But what was more irritating to me was Macca didn’t perform a true Stones song in return. Instead he played a song he wrote that the Stones recorded (I forget which one, my memory is bad, Hairball will remember). I thought that was a dick move on Macca’s part. He was probably annoyed the Stones picked a Lennon song. Desert Trip was great fun, but the cancelled Vegas show was disappointing and the second Vegas show was a bit sub par, I thought. Mick still wasn’t feeling so good after the dry desert winds.

LOL I doubt there was any kind of mine is biggerisms with who did whose song because of who they are and not in return because of who was there. Come Together is a rather simple song. The Stones weren't gonna do Strawberry Fields or whatever. They could've done Back In The USSR or Don't Let Me Down, something they could pull off, but they didn't. It wasn't The Beatles playing. The Stones choosing to cover The Beatles was their decision. The next bitch is gonna be How come Bob Dylan didn't cover a Stones song for blah blah blah years because of them covering LARS. Weak!!

Come Together was done quite well considering they probably only went through it a couple times prior to the show. Sure, it's awful, but I've certainly heard worse by the Stones of their own songs.

Date: February 15, 2021 22:16

He played I wanna Be You Man.. which I was a little disappointed he didn't do a Glimmer Twins original.

That said.. too little attention is given to the very rare respectful nod they gave to Paul at the festival imo.
So many of the hardcores are constantly bitter and overly critical about the slightest off sounding tune, or song selection. For me, I'm appreciative they stepped outside their comfort zone to do so, that it sounded good, and consider their mission accomplished by showing respect in the moment that genuinely seemed to surprise and touch Paul (again, more disappointed in Pauls selection as I believe he was trying to reciprocate the gesture but badly missed the mark on song selection.

Come Together would also seem the perfect selection for the Stones, given the coming together of all the legends those weekends.
Well done!!

They also dominated the weekend btw. Paul was good, always great to see Neil, The Who pulled together a great sounding set, Dylan was good for modern day Dylan, and Roger Waters stole the show visually, but make no mistake, regardless of the haters, The Rolling Stones owned the festival.

Date: February 15, 2021 23:30

JadedFaded

Yes both Desert Trip weekends were a blast, and aside from the Stones' semi- poor performances, it was the funnest experience I'd had in quite some time, even squeezing in a couple Neil Young theater shows in between.
And yes, the *Vegas show was bad. Mick was still obviously very sick, and it would have been wise of them to cancel it along with the first show, but of course there was alot of money in it for them.
It was the least desirable Stones show I've ever seen (to put it politely) out of many, but thankfully I only paid a fraction of face value for very nice floor tix via stubhub the day of show for my wife and I.
Thankfully they came back to the states in 2019 to redeem themselves as *Vegas would have been a horrible sour note to end on, and if those fantastic '19 shows are the last I ever see, I'm quite content.thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-15 23:33 by Hairball.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8283848586878889909192...LastNext
Current Page: 87 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1857
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home