Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8182838485868788899091...LastNext
Current Page: 86 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 3, 2021 10:15

I finally caved in and took a refund on my Nashville pit ticket. Still kept my Lucky Dips for Nashville, Minneapolis and Vancouver, also have GA for Vancouver.

Needed the money at this point and things with COVID don't look much better so easy decision.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: February 3, 2021 18:31

This Sunday February 7th is the Super Bowl (American football game)
The halftime show performance is a big stage for a band/singer.
The Rolling Stones performed the Super Bowl halftime show in 2006.
[www.youtube.com]

I mention because this year the performer: The Weeknd
just announced the first world tour announced for 2022 and the biggest arena tour announced since the coronavirus pandemic with stops in America, the UK and continental Europe. He was supposed to tour in 2020 and postponed to 2021 and now postponed to 2022.

Also Garth Brooks was supposed to open new stadium in Las Vegas on 8/22/20 postponed to 2/27/21 now postponed to 7/10/21.

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: February 4, 2021 00:59

artedm
This Sunday February 7th is the Super Bowl (American football game)
The halftime show performance is a big stage for a band/singer.
The Rolling Stones performed the Super Bowl halftime show in 2006.
[www.youtube.com]

I mention because this year the performer: The Weeknd
just announced the first world tour announced for 2022 and the biggest arena tour announced since the coronavirus pandemic with stops in America, the UK and continental Europe. He was supposed to tour in 2020 and postponed to 2021 and now postponed to 2022.

Also Garth Brooks was supposed to open new stadium in Las Vegas on 8/22/20 postponed to 2/27/21 now postponed to 7/10/21.

July 10th seems extremely optimistic as a timeframe to host a big stadium show for Garth. No doubt this will be pushed again.

I think they need to set a hard goal for music events to return, say September, and then do what is necessary to make sure they can happen. They can't just continue to cancel everything. By September everybody in the US and Europe who wants a vaccine should be able to get one. At that point, they need to open society 100% and let people assess their own acceptable level of risk.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 4, 2021 01:07

Wondering who will hold the record for the most postponements ... Nick Mason has postponed three times now with no new dates at the moment, but I'm sure there are other artists/bands who have more?
The Stones and Roger Waters (and others) were wise not to reschedule, but at the same time they may end up with the longest gap between a single postponement and an actual show - if the shows ever happen that is.
Both postponed their tours around the same time last year, and doesn't look like either will be able to reschedule until at least 2022 (if they do at all). And then there's the age factor...maybe 80 will be the new 60...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-04 03:06 by Hairball.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 4, 2021 06:23

Hairball
Wondering who will hold the record for the most postponements ... Nick Mason has postponed three times now with no new dates at the moment, but I'm sure there are other artists/bands who have more?
The Stones and Roger Waters (and others) were wise not to reschedule, but at the same time they may end up with the longest gap between a single postponement and an actual show - if the shows ever happen that is.
Both postponed their tours around the same time last year, and doesn't look like either will be able to reschedule until at least 2022 (if they do at all). And then there's the age factor...maybe 80 will be the new 60...

Amen to that Hairball. People ARE living longer these days. Charlie will be 60 on June 2nd.

plexi

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: February 4, 2021 23:10

JadedFaded
After MONTHS of waiting, StubHub just emailed me that my refund for the canceled San Diego show has processed! Will take 3-5 days to show on my credit card. As it was a pricey pit ticket, I am relieved to get my money back.

I got my refund today for pit in San Diego! StubHub had my money just a week short of one year! JadedFaded, I hope you got your money, too.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-04 23:13 by OhYesMeAgain.

Rolling Stones 1st tour date of 2021 announced (April Fools)
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 4, 2021 22:54

You're gonna need to be fit and rich to see this one.

The Rolling Stones announced today that the band will kick off their 2021 tour with an historic performance at the top of the world.

The Stones will kick off the new tour with 3 shows at the very top of Mount Everest. The summit is the highest point in the world at over 29,000 Feet above sea level. This will be the first time any rock band has ever performed at the summit. Several bands have appeared at the Everest Base Camp, including Pearl Jam, Dexy’s Midnight Runners, Billy Joel, Right Said Fred, Chumbawamba and Color Me Badd.

Mick & the Boys will fly from Kathmandu to Lukla airport. The band, along with a team of 100 sherpas and yaks will then transport the equipment, staging and lights to the Sherpa capital of Namche Bazaar. They will allow a day of rest for acclimatization and then trek 2 more days to Dingboche, then more rest and acclimating before reaching Everest Base camp.

There is only a short window of time in May that is suitable for climbers to reach the summit. It is a very dangerous trek and climbers risk frostbite, death or injury by slipping and falling and altitude sickness. The atmospheric pressure at the top of Everest is about a third of sea level pressure, resulting in the availability of only about a third as much oxygen to breathe.

Keith Richards along with an advanced team of expert sherpas will set up ropes and ladders to assist some of the novice climbers. Due to the already low level of oxygen in his blood, Keith is an expert climber and is not impacted by the altitude. “He climbs like a mountain goat” said Mick Jagger, “it is unbelievable.”

The entire trip will take about 45 days and will cost $200,000. This will include food, booze, oxygen, sherpas, tickets to the concert and a commemorative cup. If the weather cooperates, The Stones hope to perform 3 shows on the summit before monsoon season begins.

Re: Rolling Stones 1st tour date of 2021 announced
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 4, 2021 22:56

Re: Rolling Stones 1st tour date of 2021 announced
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 4, 2021 22:57

...is it already April ???

ROCKMAN

Re: Rolling Stones 1st tour date of 2021 announced (April Fools)
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 4, 2021 23:29

[Looking for my mitts and scarf...passport...clear bag to get past security check...]

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: February 4, 2021 23:55

What u smoking Silver?We are just into February.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 5, 2021 00:00

Check out the approach into Lukla airport on YouTube and you will realise it’s not only the mountain that’s a problem grinning smiley

Nate

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: February 5, 2021 04:21

OhYesMeAgain
JadedFaded
After MONTHS of waiting, StubHub just emailed me that my refund for the canceled San Diego show has processed! Will take 3-5 days to show on my credit card. As it was a pricey pit ticket, I am relieved to get my money back.

I got my refund today for pit in San Diego! StubHub had my money just a week short of one year! JadedFaded, I hope you got your money, too.

Me too! I really didn’t think I was ever going to see that money again, but I am very relieved and happy!

Date: February 6, 2021 22:04

JadedFaded
OhYesMeAgain
JadedFaded

Me too! I really didn’t think I was ever going to see that money again, but I am very relieved and happy!

Good news for both of you as Stubhub has been known to be difficult when it comes to refunds (even when shows are cancelled) which is why I rarely have bought any tix from them.

Topi
I finally caved in and took a refund on my Nashville pit ticket.

Considering this tour will probably never happen, makes sense to get your money back sooner rather than later. thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-06 22:10 by Hairball.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 6, 2021 23:26

Hairball, I still kept my three Lucky Dips.

Date: February 6, 2021 23:44

Yeah Topi, I read that...and your GA...no real harm in holding on to all cheapies I suppose, but wise to get refunded for the expensive Pit ticket.
If they reschedule (a BIG if), shouldn't be much of a problem to repurchase again, but for now at least you have your money.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: February 6, 2021 23:54

LiveNation...

POLICY & SECURITY
Terms Regarding Certain Cancelled, Rescheduled, Postponed and Moved Events (COVID-19)
Article
Terms Regarding Certain Cancelled, Rescheduled, Postponed and Moved Events (COVID-19)
Updated: January 1, 2021

Due to the impact of the global COVID-19 pandemic, the scheduling of events for which you have purchased tickets has been affected.

Ticketmaster is the agent to those who provide events, such as artists, artist representatives, venues, teams, fan clubs, promoters, and leagues (the “Event Organizer”). To keep you informed, Ticketmaster has provided you with a separate, customized notification (the “Notification”) outlining the options the Event Organizer is offering to account for the pandemic’s impact on the event for which you have previously purchased ticket(s) at Live Nation or Ticketmaster's sites and mobile applications, including but not limited to www.livenation.com, www.ticketmaster.com, www.ticketmaster.ca, and www.ticketexchangebyticketmaster.com (collectively, the “Site”).

Your event has been either (a) cancelled or (b) postponed, rescheduled, or moved. As a result, the Event Organizer has issued updated terms that apply to such cancelled, rescheduled, postponed, or moved event, including, in some cases, a new “Credit” offer (defined below).

Ticketmaster has set out the terms of these offerings by the Event Organizer below. The terms herein apply to any and all events that have been canceled, postponed, rescheduled, or moved due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Of course, your original purchase, as well as the new “Credit” offer outlined herein (to the extent you accept it), continues to be/will be subject to our Terms of Use and Purchase Policy. You should read those policies carefully before choosing any refund or credit option.

1. CANCELLED EVENTS
If the event for which you bought ticket(s) was cancelled, as indicated on your Notification, you are entitled to a refund of the paid value subject to the exclusions as set forth herein, unless the Event Organizer is offering a Credit (as defined below), and you want to accept that Credit.

The credit that the Event Organizer may offer (as an alternative to a refund) will be provided as a promotional code which serves as a credit for the original price you paid for your ticket(s), including all taxes and service fees, plus any promotional bonus amount designated by the Event Organizer in your Notification—all of which may be used to make eligible future purchases on the site(s), as designated in the Notification (collectively the “Credit”). The Credit is being provided by the Event Organizer, and not by Ticketmaster.

If you elect to accept a Credit, the Credit will be in the form of a promotional code good for ticket(s) to the event type(s) designated in the Notification. This may be the same event type as the original ticket (for example, if your original ticket was for an NBA game, your Credit may be good for another NBA game) at the same event venue, or, in some cases, your Notification (or a follow up communication) may state that you will be able to choose from events at one of a number of venues designed by the Event Organizer. Credits may be redeemed using the promotional code at checkout, and will expire on the date set forth in your Notification (or on another date as later communicated to you).

If the Event Organizer offers you the choice of a refund or Credit, and you elect to accept a refund, we will issue you a refund of the paid value subject to the exclusions as set forth herein to the original method of payment used at the time of purchase, once funds are received from the Event Organizer.

Any upgrades or add-ons (such as parking) that were purchased along with your ticket(s) will be fully refunded to the original method of payment used at the time of purchase, regardless of whether you choose a refund or Credit. Merchandise purchases, however, are not subject to any of the options stated above; your transaction with respect to any merchandise will be processed, and the merchandise will be delivered to you.

You may elect to accept the refund, or any Credit option set out in the Notification, during the period (the “Election Period”) set out in your Notification. If you do not make any election prior to the end of the Election Period, a refund will be issued in accordance with our refund policies, which are set forth in our Purchase Policy. Please see our Purchase Policy for more information.

2. RESCHEDULED, POSTPONED, OR MOVED EVENTS
It is the Event Organizer’s decision as to whether and when to cancel, reschedule, postpone, or move an event. If your Notification indicates that your event has been rescheduled, postponed, or moved, you will either: (a) keep your ticket(s) and any additional add-ons or upgrades, which remain valid; or (b) if the Event Organizer has approved refunds (or the option to choose between a refund and a credit), as explained in your Notification, you may select a Credit or refund. This Credit or refund, if elected, is provided solely by the Event Organizer, and not by Ticketmaster.

If you elect to accept a Credit, the Credit will be in the form of a promotional code good for ticket(s) to the event type(s) designated in the Notification. This may be the same event type as the original ticket (for example, if your original ticket was for an NBA game, your Credit may be good for another NBA game) at the same event venue, or, in some cases, your Notification (or a follow up communication) may state that you will be able to choose from events at one of a number of venues designated by the Event Organizer. Credits may be redeemed using the promotional code at checkout, and will expire on the date set forth in your Notification (or on another date as later communicated to you).

If the Event Organizer offers you the choice of a refund or a Credit, and you elect to accept a refund, we will issue you a refund of the paid value subject to the exclusions as set forth herein to the original method of payment used at time of purchase, once funds are received from the Event Organizer.

Any upgrades or add-ons (such as parking) that were purchased along with your ticket(s) will be fully refunded to the original method of payment used at the time of purchase, regardless of whether you choose a refund or Credit. Merchandise purchases, however, are not subject to any of the options stated above; your transaction with respect to any merchandise will be processed, and the merchandise will be delivered to you.

You may elect to accept any refund or Credit option offered in the Notification during the period (the “Election Period”) set out in your Notification. If you do not make any election prior to the end of the Election Period, or if the Event Organizer does not provide you with such options, you will keep your ticket (and any additional add-ons or upgrades) and remain entitled to use it on the date of your rescheduled event. If the Event Organizer subsequently determines that your rescheduled or postponed event must be canceled, you will receive a further Notification indicating your options (consistent with Section 1, above). Please see our Purchase Policy for more information.

Any and all requests for a refund or credit are subject to and governed by our Purchase Policy, which contains detailed information on the policies applicable to refunds and credits. Please review our Purchase Policy carefully before choosing a refund or a credit.

3. QUESTIONS
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints regarding these Terms, please contact us at:

Live Nation Entertainment, Inc.
Attn: General Counsel
9348 Civic Center Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
(800) 653-8000

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 7, 2021 02:30

Had to zoom that to 200 to read the lines. Not sure what has really changed though.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 7, 2021 03:42

Silver Dagger

The Rolling Stones announced today that the band will kick off their 2021 tour with an historic performance at the top of the world.

The Stones will kick off the new tour with 3 shows at the very top of Mount Everest. The summit is the highest point in the world at over 29,000 Feet above sea level. This will be the first time any rock band has ever performed at the summit. Several bands have appeared at the Everest Base Camp, including Pearl Jam, Dexy’s Midnight Runners, Billy Joel, Right Said Fred, Chumbawamba and Color Me Badd.

Mick & the Boys will fly from Kathmandu to Lukla airport. The band, along with a team of 100 sherpas and yaks will then transport the equipment, staging and lights to the Sherpa capital of Namche Bazaar. They will allow a day of rest for acclimatization and then trek 2 more days to Dingboche, then more rest and acclimating before reaching Everest Base camp.

There is only a short window of time in May that is suitable for climbers to reach the summit. It is a very dangerous trek and climbers risk frostbite, death or injury by slipping and falling and altitude sickness. The atmospheric pressure at the top of Everest is about a third of sea level pressure, resulting in the availability of only about a third as much oxygen to breathe.

Keith Richards along with an advanced team of expert sherpas will set up ropes and ladders to assist some of the novice climbers. Due to the already low level of oxygen in his blood, Keith is an expert climber and is not impacted by the altitude. “He climbs like a mountain goat” said Mick Jagger, “it is unbelievable.”

The entire trip will take about 45 days and will cost $200,000. This will include food, booze, oxygen, sherpas, tickets to the concert and a commemorative cup. If the weather cooperates, The Stones hope to perform 3 shows on the summit before monsoon season begins.

Do you know which wind season season it will be? There are two types of wind seasons seasons.

Posted by: CamRS ()
Date: February 8, 2021 18:33

Hi all,

Hoping to get some advice from my fellow Stones fans.

I was curious to see who is still holding onto their tickets? I had refunded my Pit seats towards the end of the summer last year in the event I needed the money.

Sure enough, I was laid off in early Fall. I got a job earlier last month so I have the luxury to spend my money on things like Stones tickets again. I’m thinking about rebuying Pit seats, because I have a feeling that once live shows resume (and the majority of people are vaccinated), prices are going to sky rocket because of pent up demand.

I had a positive experience getting my refund from Ticketmaster the first time, so I’m not worried about getting money back, I’m just curious to see what others thought?

Assuming the Stones tour again, am I being delusional that prices would go up?

Thanks,
Cam

On a side note, I am fully aware that this is a first world problem, and I’m grateful that this is my biggest concern now - aside from continuing to keep my family and I safe of course.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: February 8, 2021 19:02

I still have my St. Louis tix. Is this tour going to happen-no, I already know that. However, I have zero patience for sitting on the phone and zero patience for the method of buying tix these days. When this tour is officially cancelled, Ticketmaster will refund my credit card hassle free. I'll save sitting on the phone for the cable company.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: February 8, 2021 19:45

CamRS
Hi all,

Hoping to get some advice from my fellow Stones fans.

I was curious to see who is still holding onto their tickets? I had refunded my Pit seats towards the end of the summer last year in the event I needed the money.

Sure enough, I was laid off in early Fall. I got a job earlier last month so I have the luxury to spend my money on things like Stones tickets again. I’m thinking about rebuying Pit seats, because I have a feeling that once live shows resume (and the majority of people are vaccinated), prices are going to sky rocket because of pent up demand.

I had a positive experience getting my refund from Ticketmaster the first time, so I’m not worried about getting money back, I’m just curious to see what others thought?

Assuming the Stones tour again, am I being delusional that prices would go up?

Thanks,
Cam

On a side note, I am fully aware that this is a first world problem, and I’m grateful that this is my biggest concern now - aside from continuing to keep my family and I safe of course.

Ticketmaster is absolutely doing algorithmic pricing right now. However there seem to be a lot more platinums and no hurry on the part of TM to sell tix for events that may not happen so no harm in having too many premium seats priced too high for now.

YES demand will surge when people know events are actually happening. If you want a pit ticket and one is there for regular face, then by all means buy it.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 8, 2021 20:26

Silver Dagger

Only $200,000 !? Furk me, that cheap huh ? Well in that case, I'll take a dozen tickets and treat all my mates ......... ! Brilliant !

grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: February 8, 2021 21:05

Relevant info. from an interview with concert promoter John Scher via NJ.com:

Scher: ...what happens with shows that have a lot of tickets (already) sold, and the governors come through and say, “OK, you can do shows,” but the (normal) capacity at a MetLife is, say, 50,000? And you’ve got them all sold? Well, you’re going to have to refund them all and switch it around. And the capacity can only be, say, 30,000, and you’ve got to skip every two seats, or something like that.

NJ: That sounds like a total nightmare.

Scher: Oh, a complete nightmare. So I don’t think things will come back to relative normal until herd immunity is achieved. Even then, I think the 40-plus audience is going to be a little more hesitant to go back at first. The kids, they’ll jump back. And hopefully they’ll be able to jump back safely.

NJ: Considering how many people are starved for live entertainment, do you foresee ticket prices skyrocketing with increased demand, especially for acts with younger audiences dying to go back?

Scher: Well, the other side of that coin is that this is the highest unemployment rate in 50 years. If people haven’t had a job for eight, 10 months, they just might not have the money to go. In the past, as ticket prices rose, an average middle-class person might say, ‘I’ve got to go see such and such a show. I’ll skip lunch for a week.’ Now the decision is ‘Do I have the electricity turned off? Or do I go see a concert?’

First of all, promoters have virtually no say in what the ticket price is. It’s one of the great myths. The ticket prices are completely controlled by the artist, their managers and agents. A promoter can say, ‘no, I don’t want to charge $250 for a ticket.’ I think they will be resistant. But Live Nation, in most cases, will do it.

My hope is that the acts, their agents and managers take this whole picture into account. I know the acts haven’t been making any money either. You’ve got to eat. But especially the ones that are huge acts and are very wealthy, they could back down. Maybe you could still have a small number of tickets that are high. But the bulk of the tickets need to be, in my view, between $40 and $70.

Interview goes on to talk about the possibility of proof of vaccine/negative COVID test for entry, survival of various sized venues, etc, > Concerts

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 8, 2021 21:19

We'll obviously see smaller shows open up (safely) first.. vax proof, testing etc.

This one as part of the SB pre-show was the first I've seen where all (7500) attendees (and presumably some of the performers) were vaccinated
No social distancing/cars/bubbles required smileys with beer

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 8, 2021 21:34

Joan Jett reveals the thing about Miley that I can't stand - the damn goat bleating vibrato Miley does. Jett SINGS, she gets it OUT. It's pure and solid and steady.

Date: February 8, 2021 23:47

The one thing I can't stand about Miley Cyrus is she's a terrible singer, plain and simple.
Other than that, she's OK in my book.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 12, 2021 20:20

I was supposed to see ZZ Top/Cheap Trick last May in Abbotsford near Vancouver, a couple weeks before the Stones Vancouver show. Got an email from Ticketmaster today saying the concert has been rescheduled for Apr 22, 2022 in Abbotsford. I believe I got an email last May saying it was postponed until April 2021, now it's pushed back another year again! Have to wait and see if this time next year I get another email saying it's pushed back to April 2023!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 12, 2021 20:30

Performing artists in their 20's, 30's and 40's, with crowds of similar ages, might do some shows later this year, after summer, may be. Performing artists age late 70's and up, with crowds not much younger would have to wait until 2022.

All of this is just science, and a matter of survival. We do know a lot more about this now, as compared to one year ago, when some said it will just pass over in matter of weeks.

Bjornulf

Next Tour
Posted by: swaff ()
Date: February 13, 2021 06:09

Question is, do the Stones come back with a whole new stage & tour, or re-use the "No Filter" stage again?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-13 06:10 by swaff.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8182838485868788899091...LastNext
Current Page: 86 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1258
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home