Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7980818283848586878889...LastNext
Current Page: 84 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 29, 2021 00:11

After ZZ Top had to postpone Vegas and other shows last year, and then rescheduled the Vegas/Ventian shows to this coming April '21, I just found out they rescheduled AGAIN to next October.
Had tickets for one of the original dates in March 2020, but along with every other show I had tix for, requested and received refunds for all of them (including the Stones) as soon as I could.

I imagine some of he other shows I had tix for that were rescheduled will have to be rescheduled again (Steely Dan/Steve Winwood, Madness, etc), while other shows that were postponed
and not rescheduled yet will continue to linger in a state of corona purgatory...(Stones, Roger Waters, Supergrass, etc)...if and when they're ever rescheduled will think about getting new tix,
but not expecting that will happen anytime soon...especially for the really old ones like the Stones and Roger Waters in large venues...not until everything is totally safe which could be quite a long time.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: January 29, 2021 09:57

Hairball
After ZZ Top had to postpone Vegas and other shows last year, and then rescheduled the Vegas/Ventian shows to this coming April '21, I just found out they rescheduled AGAIN to next October.
Had tickets for one of the original dates in March 2020, but along with every other show I had tix for, requested and received refunds for all of them (including the Stones) as soon as I could.

I imagine some of he other shows I had tix for that were rescheduled will have to be rescheduled again (Steely Dan/Steve Winwood, Madness, etc), while other shows that were postponed
and not rescheduled yet will continue to linger in a state of corona purgatory...(Stones, Roger Waters, Supergrass, etc)...if and when they're ever rescheduled will think about getting new tix,
but not expecting that will happen anytime soon...especially for the really old ones like the Stones and Roger Waters in large venues...not until everything is totally safe which could be quite a long time.

Were you raised Catholic, Hairball? Purgatory.

plexi

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 29, 2021 19:52

No plexi - it's just a term that's been reappropriated over the years for a variety of different uses.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: January 30, 2021 01:19

NilsHolgersson
At least the Stones have been able to tour for about 60 years and we still have the videos. It must be so hard for up and coming artists who would have their big year in 2020, 2021, 2022 doing festivals, shows etc.. the Stones are enjoying life on their private islands and have some time to write songs for their next album

A friend of mine, band leader and working musician was going to play on a major stadium tour. Out of all the people who had their concert year screwed up I don't know anyone who got it worse.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: February 1, 2021 17:00

Rolling Stones to perform on Mount Everest ! ( winking smiley )

[madhousemagazine.com]

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 1, 2021 17:04

Lien
Rolling Stones to perform on Mount Everest ! ( winking smiley )

[madhousemagazine.com]

hahaha spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Nate

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: February 1, 2021 17:07

I miss the Stones too, the last show in 2019 doesn't seem that long ago and still it's already been over a year and a half.

I would love to see another show like the ones I attended in the last years.

Maybe the Stones will not only be remembered as the creators of huge stadium tours but also as witnessers of the end of them.

If/When Tours Resume
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: January 30, 2021 17:12

Assume that it isn't just the concerts that have been cancelled during the pandemic... The bands probably can't rehearse like before.
Will bands be rusty when tours resume?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-01 18:59 by schillid.

Re: Bands Might Be RUSTY When Tours Resume
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 31, 2021 01:21

schillid
Assume that it isn't just the concerts that have been cancelled during the pandemic... The bands probably can't rehearse like before.
Will bands be rusty when tours resume?

well, actually band like the Stones don't rehearse between tours. All rehearsals start one or two weeks before the tour (and the rest of the stuff is rehearsed on stage)

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: February 1, 2021 01:43

I really believe the concert/touring industry as we knew it to be is over. I believe we have already seen our last Rolling Stones gig, and probably the last large concerts period. Not even being a pessimist when I say this, I actually WANT to be wrong. But I feel like the evidence is not pointing to a return to normalcy, as far as large gatherings of people go.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: February 1, 2021 01:48

podiumboy
I really believe the concert/touring industry as we knew it to be is over. I believe we have already seen our last Rolling Stones gig, and probably the last large concerts period. Not even being a pessimist when I say this, I actually WANT to be wrong. But I feel like the evidence is not pointing to a return to normalcy, as far as large gatherings of people go.

Recent news about the variants has discouraged me deeply. Can't say I'm as pessimistic as you, but I understand the sentiment.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 1, 2021 02:24

cyclist
podiumboy

Recent news about the variants has discouraged me deeply. Can't say I'm as pessimistic as you, but I understand the sentiment.

I don't like to say this old adage but time will tell. Things change in life. Changes take time. Normalcy is what got us to where we are. Why anyone would want to go back to that - gluttonous carelessness as a species - needs to rethink what that means and attempt to envision something different - and hopefully smarter. Sometimes the "bigger and better!" is not the way to go.

As the ruinous species that we are we need to establish a new normal. Think of it as a wake up call that was missed but has possibly come back around.

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: February 1, 2021 02:53

I think bands like the Stones, U2, Macca, Coldplay, etc will find a way to adapt.
I'd love to see them play in an arena and broadcast it on Pay Per View. Charge a accordingly. I'd pay $30.00 to watch it. I'd like to see the band play 3-4 shows in one venue . We could get a varied set-list, each show. I think the band will like not having to travel around the world. I can see the band being bummed out at having no crowd to energize them.
Or, if we all have had our vaccine by the end of 2021, I can see shows where people who've been vaccinated can attend.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 1, 2021 03:40

dennycranium
I think bands like the Stones, U2, Macca, Coldplay, etc will find a way to adapt.
I'd love to see them play in an arena and broadcast it on Pay Per View. Charge a accordingly. I'd pay $30.00 to watch it. I'd like to see the band play 3-4 shows in one venue . We could get a varied set-list, each show. I think the band will like not having to travel around the world. I can see the band being bummed out at having no crowd to energize them.
Or, if we all have had our vaccine by the end of 2021, I can see shows where people who've been vaccinated can attend.

That may well be what happens - and it might be the odd string that changes some people's minds in regard to being anti-vax - being ostracized and told to go away, you don't get to enjoy these aspects of life - might be the push some people to get vaccinated.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: February 1, 2021 04:27

If you are vaccinated, what does it matter to you if all the people around you might not be?

jb

Date: February 1, 2021 04:45

Even if every single person gets a vaccine, it won't matter. The goalpost will move again, it already has. We should be able to vaccine the elderly and vulnerable, and take the pressure off the hospitals, and then open up 100%. But that's no longer the goal. The vaccine is not our ticket back to normalcy. 2019 and before is gone forever, I'm afraid. No way in hell they're ever going to allow 50,000+ to crowd into a football stadium again.

I realize most people aren't where I'm at yet. I don't think I'm being pessimistic, I think I'm being realistic. I want to be wrong, but I think time is going to prove me right. I fully expect to be in the exact same position a year from now, wondering if 2022 is going to be cancelled too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-01 04:47 by podiumboy.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 1, 2021 04:47

jbwelda
If you are vaccinated, what does it matter to you if all the people around you might not be?

jb

Vaccines may not be 100%. If everyone is vaccinated and its 95% it is safe. If 50% vaccinated and its 95% then everyone has some risk.

Date: February 1, 2021 04:49

daspyknows
jbwelda

jb

Vaccines may not be 100%. If everyone is vaccinated and its 95% it is safe. If 50% vaccinated and its 95% then everyone has some risk.

As long as there is ANY risk at all, restrictions will remain in place, and large concerts won't be a thing.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 1, 2021 04:54

podiumboy
daspyknows
jbwelda

jb

As long as there is ANY risk at all, restrictions will remain in place, and large concerts won't be a thing.

That really depends on the locale. Some places just don't care.

Date: February 1, 2021 05:01

daspyknows
podiumboy
daspyknows
jbwelda

jb

That really depends on the locale. Some places just don't care.

Right, but the Stones aren't gonna do a tour where they only play places like Florida, South Dakota and Alabama. There will be select concerts in certain areas, but nationwide tours aren't possible.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 1, 2021 05:05

Things WILL be NORMAL again. We will survive this current pandemic and MOVE ON. We did it after the Spanish Flu, and that basically ran rampant. Hopefully Vaccines will help us get it under control sooner than later. If the Vaccines are effective, and we can get them distributed, I think we can beat this thing by mid-summer.

Date: February 1, 2021 05:13

24FPS
Things WILL be NORMAL again. We will survive this current pandemic and MOVE ON. We did it after the Spanish Flu, and that basically ran rampant. Hopefully Vaccines will help us get it under control sooner than later. If the Vaccines are effective, and we can get them distributed, I think we can beat this thing by mid-summer.

I hope you are right. But I am usually pretty perceptive, and based on what I've read from all different sides of the spectrum, I just do not agree with you. Going back to normal seems, to me, like the least likely scenario. We're getting a little farther from the life we used to know every day. The vaccines won't get us there... it's too late.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: February 1, 2021 05:24

i think some might be rusty and some might not be rusty.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: February 1, 2021 05:27

With all the variants that develop, we might need a periodical booster. I worry the variants will prevent arena/stadium shows for a long time. I'm also worried I won't even see a concert in a theater this year. I hope I'm wrong.

I appreciate the optimism here. And I apologize for venting negative feelings---I'd love to attend concerts by pretty much anybody at this point.

And of course I acknowledge the devastation the pandemic has inflicted on people's lives and the grief of their families and loved ones.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 1, 2021 08:56

1. The reason you should care if you've had a vaccine and the people around you haven't, is that you could still transmit the virus to them even if you don't have it yourself.

2. All bands get rusty when they're off the road, no matter for how long. It may just take a little longer to get up to speed this time.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: February 1, 2021 10:12

>1. The reason you should care if you've had a vaccine and the people around you haven't, is that you could still transmit the virus to them even if you don't have it yourself.

So one is going to be responsible for others when they have been responsible enough to get vaccinated, and those others have not.

Huh. I don't think bands will need to rehearse much with that philosophy afoot. There will never be anything again, ever, to rehearse for.

Seems to me at some point there has to be manageable risk considered. Just like anyone has the chance of being run over by a truck out in front of the venue, but that shouldn't preclude having the event at said venue.

Probably way too simplistic though. Carry on.

jb

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: February 1, 2021 10:54

For the Stones it won’t really matter we will still get the bog standard set list,rusty or not.But I feel sure we will see them live again.My prediction is probably next summer or Autumn.
For the doom and gloomers here things will get back to normality.Australia is having crowds at the tennis and gigs.The rest of the world will follow.Keep the faith and don’t let your positivity go rusty.

Posted by: pjb ()
Date: February 1, 2021 11:12

So lucky to live downunder in New Zealand where every day life is normal .Lots of concerts an events this time of year .Had a beer fest last Sat in Christchurch 15000 people two large concerts up north same numbers .Local bands getting plenty of work . With main borders closed ,Some performers film crews etc have been allowed in an like everyone arriving have to isolate for 14 days in specified quarantine hotels .Even childrens group the Wiggles from Australia are doing this an have sold over 40,000 tickets so far .No community spread at this moment with luck.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: February 1, 2021 11:41

pjb you got it good out there.If things had been handled differently here in the UK we would not be in such a mess right now.Unfortunately the priority here is wealth not health.
Wish I was out in the Bay of Islands jigging for some Kingfish.
Enjoy!

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: February 1, 2021 11:42

dennycranium

I think there will be some carrot and stick regarding vax in the near-future.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7980818283848586878889...LastNext
Current Page: 84 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1825
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home