Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7879808182838485868788...LastNext
Current Page: 83 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 25, 2021 23:17

Topi
Slewan, you're wrong. The Stones have, in fact, offered refunds for the postponed tour ever since March 24. That's 10 months ago. It was widely discussed in this thread. See page 45 onwards [iorr.org]

The Stones were actually one of the first bands to issue full refunds during the COVID-19 pandemic. A lot of acts wouldn't at first.

I know that they offered refunds but they didn't have to do it. And I guess there a quite a lot of folks who keep their ticket.

Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: January 25, 2021 23:41

Im still holding my LD's for Charlotte, Tampa & Atlanta.
If they werent LD's I probably would have requested a refund, but its a small investment to remain optimistic.
Perhaps they will give special consideration to those of us that have held onto our tickets, when (if) they re-schedule?

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: January 26, 2021 00:38

there wont be another stones tour probably.. shurely not 2021.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 26, 2021 01:24

spikenyc
Im still holding my LD's for Charlotte, Tampa & Atlanta.
If they werent LD's I probably would have requested a refund, but its a small investment to remain optimistic.
Perhaps they will give special consideration to those of us that have held onto our tickets, when (if) they re-schedule?

A special souvenir mask would be nice and appropriate.thumbs up

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 26, 2021 02:32

Still of the belief they can and will pull this tour off in the fall.
They, I bet are as determined as us hardcores, is my hunch.
Be a great way to segway into some 60th shows for early '22.

As of today the stated goal in the US is that anyone wanting a vaccine will be able to get one by spring with reaching herd immunity by summer.
[www.cbs42.com]

Whether that goal is achieved by summer or not, with the amount of vaccinations done in the US (and Vancouver) it makes late summer/early fall very attainable it seems to me.
All the band members/crew vaccinated, fans having to prove vaccination for entry, rapid tests etc, makes the possibility more likely than not imo.

The multi billion (trillion?) dollar live entertainment industry will likely spare no expense or time getting things up and going.

Posted by: jimpietryga1 ()
Date: January 26, 2021 02:59

I agree with the thought that the fall can work. If the band and crew are vaccinated and anyone else who wants to be can be vaccinated by then, why are we testing to get in?? If you fail to get vaccinated when you have the opportunity , that's your problem. Stay home if you are worried. If Mick is vaccinated and I am vaccinated.....let's get going....

Date: January 26, 2021 03:05

Agree with your perspective MisterDDDD. Wondering when the band will get their shots. I would expect that pics of Mick and/or Keith getting the vaccine would be excellent publicity and then soon followed by a tour announcement.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Date: January 26, 2021 03:06

jimpietryga1
I agree with the thought that the fall can work. If the band and crew are vaccinated and anyone else who wants to be can be vaccinated by then, why are we testing to get in?? If you fail to get vaccinated when you have the opportunity , that's your problem. Stay home if you are worried. If Mick is vaccinated and I am vaccinated.....let's get going....

I agree.. threw the rapid testing in as another example of a measure that could be utilized if necessary (vaccine goal not entirely met), but yeah,,
if vaccinations are required for entry, testing not likely to be an issue.

Fingers crossed..

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 26, 2021 03:46

guitarbastard

Imagine if they did a live stream pay-per-view with only a small handful of family and close friends in actual attendance?
Maybe do a series of them in different settings to mimic a tour. Surely they could set a record for virtual "attendance", not to mention all the money they could rake in.

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: January 26, 2021 04:18

Hairball
guitarbastard

Imagine if they did a live stream pay-per-view with only a small handful of family and close friends in actual attendance?
Maybe do a series of them in different settings to mimic a tour. Surely they could set a record for virtual "attendance", not to mention all the money they could rake in.

Yeah they could open the show with 'Money', then do an acoustic version of money on the imaginary B-stage, close the show with 'Money' and for an encore do a reggae version of 'Money'...and of course the studio version of 'Money' would play over the closing credits. Money.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 26, 2021 04:26

MisterDDDD

As of today the stated goal in the US is that anyone wanting a vaccine will be able to get one by spring with reaching herd immunity by summer.
[www.cbs42.com]

Whether that goal is achieved by summer or not, with the amount of vaccinations done in the US (and Vancouver) it makes late summer/early fall very attainable it seems to me.
All the band members/crew vaccinated, fans having to prove vaccination for entry, rapid tests etc, makes the possibility more likely than not imo.

The multi billion (trillion?) dollar live entertainment industry will likely spare no expense or time getting things up and going.

Segway...segue? In any case, I don’t see it happening. 2022 if at all.

Rod

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: January 26, 2021 04:31

I'm sure our Jacinda (Prime Minister) would be more than happy for The Stones to use our New Zealand stadiums for their 60th Anniversary concerts, it's business as usual down here with concerts, sporting events

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 26, 2021 05:58

slewan
Topi
Slewan, you're wrong. The Stones have, in fact, offered refunds for the postponed tour ever since March 24. That's 10 months ago. It was widely discussed in this thread. See page 45 onwards [iorr.org]

The Stones were actually one of the first bands to issue full refunds during the COVID-19 pandemic. A lot of acts wouldn't at first.

I know that they offered refunds but they didn't have to do it. And I guess there a quite a lot of folks who keep their ticket.

What I was saying that the band has no intention and no reason to cancel the tour this time. (If they did, they would have cancelled it already)

Cancelling would not only mean having to automatically refund everybody (obviously!), it would also mean losing money on everything else, all the marketing etc. they put into this. Also, let us remember that the ticket revenue money does not actually go to the band. The band plays on a guarantee. But cancelling would mean losing that hefty guarantee too, of course.

And whether the Stones "had to" offer refunds, well, actually, Ticketmaster introduced an across-the-board policy, in May, I believe, where each and every concert that was postponed due to COVID-19 would be eligible for a refund. There was a 30-day period to request the refund and some other conditions, but it was a policy that applied to every Ticketmaster show in the USA, also Live Nation-owned venues. But - as we know - the Stones themselves had a more generous policy in place. With them, there never was a time window within which you had to ask for the refund. They are available as we speak.

However, there still seems to be an alarming number of fans who don't even know about the possibility to get a refund. At least on the Stones' social media, pretty much every time they post something, there's somebody saying "I want a refund for show so and so which was supposed to take place in June...". This may be due to the fact that the band themselves never mentioned a possibility for a refund, be it on their website, their social media etc. - all we got was a Ticketmaster e-mail in mid-March, and that with a vague wording.

And yes, then there's a bunch of us who made the decision to hold on to their tickets, especially Lucky Dips, which are harder to come buy in the event of a possible repurchase. (I decided to hold onto my tickets and wait this out.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-26 06:17 by Topi.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: January 26, 2021 06:51

No one is going to require "proof" of a vaccination to gain entry. Think about it: that is fraught with problems and not a little chance of just straight out fraud. What exactly is this "proof" going to consist of? And they would turn away paying customers with paid for tickets because they cannot come up with this proof? Sounds like a total logistical nightmare not to mention a cause for significant lawsuits.

I think it much more likely nothing is going to happen until 2022, or at least not safely. And by "safely" I do not mean just according to some ulterior motive organization but by the WHO or CDC or someone who actually knows. I am purposely excluding mere politicians here because just as one example, currently in California the gov has been vacillating between open and shut seemingly on whim and/or political damage control. That in my mind is not "safe" but merely convenient.

Could be wrong but thats what I see in the tea leaves. And each day that goes by makes it less probable they will all a) still be alive and relatively healthy, and b) be willing to go live on the road for the duration of a tour, no matter the reward. Getting old ain't easy, for those who have yet to experience it.

jb

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: January 26, 2021 10:49

GasLightStreet
SomeTorontoGirl
First, Hairball is ruining my Tour fantasies... angry smiley

Second, if they do perform anniversary concerts in 2022, the tickets better be pretty. No damn electronic Ticketmaster crap for their 60th...

(Also, COVID has made me grouchy... grouchier.)

grinning smiley

Watch them be an extra $50 each just to be printed all nice and pretty.

I've noticed in a lot of cases the tickets in Europe and the UK can be pretty and artistic. Not so in the US, just drab printed tickets with no background. Example: the tix on Voodoo Lounge for Wembley and other shows had the little yellow devil. Another example: ABB 2006 at Twickers had the ABB logo. Nice colour.

plexi

Date: January 26, 2021 10:51

SomeTorontoGirl
GasLightStreet
Watch them be an extra $50 each just to be printed all nice and pretty.

Don’t care. They were bound to bankrupt me someday anyway. smiling bouncing smiley

Damn right STG, so what's another $50 with the cost that they already are. EXCEPT, perhaps, for LD tix which would double the cost, more than double!! But I do love printed tix on cardstock, even if they are drab US tix.

plexi

Date: January 26, 2021 10:51

. somehow my above post showed up twice.. dont know how to delete one, so ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-26 11:01 by timbernardis.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: January 26, 2021 13:08

bitusa2012
MisterDDDD

[www.cbs42.com]

I agree Rod. There's no way the Stones will be touring this year.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 26, 2021 14:40

Mick turns 79 next year. As they'll surely not be touring this year, there is a little part of me that genuinely wonders whether next year - or beyond - is a little too late. They're well into old-age and I do ponder when their stage presence will begin to look a little silly. Charlie looks and appears frailer and frailer. I don't want to think of them as appearing decrepit on stage; do you?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-26 14:41 by Big Al.

Date: January 26, 2021 14:50

I kinda regret my above-post already. I loved catching them at Twickenham a few years back. I though they were excellent. Mick's forever a wonder. I don't know. It's just that time really isn't on their side anymore. Ever since the Steel Wheels tour, they've been jokingly labelled as geriatrics, but now, they really are elderly.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: January 26, 2021 15:19

At least the Stones have been able to tour for about 60 years and we still have the videos. It must be so hard for up and coming artists who would have their big year in 2020, 2021, 2022 doing festivals, shows etc.. the Stones are enjoying life on their private islands and have some time to write songs for their next album

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: January 26, 2021 15:24

The longer the COVID crisis - and the longer they go without performing - the less likely we are to see them live again, certainly on a stadium tour. I do love some of the optimism in these posts, though.

Regardless of individual band members' personal preferences, the tour underwriters, etc., would have to be 100% sure that there was no risk. That's a big ask. A year into this thing and the situation in most countries seems to be bleak - way worse than it was six months ago. If we can't go to restaurants now - and I can't - or visit relatives in care homes, I don't see how we can think that the Stones will be touring this year, or even next. They certainly won't be guinea pigs for the reinstatement of stadium shows.

Would love to seem them live again, but the world has changed and I really don't know when - or even if - it'll be safe enough for them to resume touring. Even if they played a couple of shows in London, we'd all want to travel there and that's not healthy just now.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: January 26, 2021 15:24

Big Al
I kinda regret my above-post already. I loved catching them at Twickenham a few years back. I though they were excellent. Mick's forever a wonder. I don't know. It's just that time really isn't on their side anymore. Ever since the Steel Wheels tour, they've been jokingly labelled as geriatrics, but now, they really are elderly.

Does this mean they should curl up and die? They still deliver the goods and look around, we're all getting old. I have an absolute blast when I see them. I'm now 68. Does this mean no more fun for me? At a No Filter show in Jacksonville, I was dancing my ass off as usual. A young woman I didn't know grabbed me, hugged me and said she thought I was great. Especially after this nightmare of a year, there's not much that would make me feel better than another show or two.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-26 15:26 by steffialicia.

Date: January 26, 2021 15:37

steffialicia

Does this mean they should curl up and die? They still deliver the goods and look around, we're all getting old. I have an absolute blast when I see them. I'm now 68. Does this mean no more fun for me? At a No Filter show in Jacksonville, I was dancing my ass off as usual. A young woman I didn't know grabbed me, hugged me and said she thought I was great. Especially after this nightmare of a year, there's not much that would make me feel better than another show or two.

No, it absolutely doesn't mean they should curl-up and die. Yes, they do still deliver. It's just that there's a part of me that cannot help but wonder how long they realistically have.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: January 26, 2021 15:47

Big Al
steffialicia

No, it absolutely doesn't mean they should curl-up and die. Yes, they do still deliver. It's just that there's a part of me that cannot help but wonder how long they realistically have.

I know, Big Al, but I try not to think about it. Things are bad enough lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-26 15:50 by steffialicia.

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: January 26, 2021 15:54

I think a fall 2021 tour is a bit of a long shot with uncertainty here in the U.S. by the fall of 2021 we might start returning to normal. There probably isn’t enough time for us to achieve herd immunity and for them to confidently schedule a tour.But I do think that the 2020 tour will be canceled eventually and replaced with a 60th tour in big markets.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: January 26, 2021 16:49

JDSAM1994
I think a fall 2021 tour is a bit of a long shot with uncertainty here in the U.S. by the fall of 2021 we might start returning to normal. There probably isn’t enough time for us to achieve herd immunity and for them to confidently schedule a tour.But I do think that the 2020 tour will be canceled eventually and replaced with a 60th tour in big markets.

If they were going to cancel the tour, I think they would have already done so when it became clear that it would not be possible to do for quite some time.

Much like other bands that have pending tours that have been postponed (such as Rage Against the Machine), I think postponing and then cancelling a year later would prompt backlash.

Realistically, I think they plan to fulfill the commitment once possible, in this case, my personal opinion is 2022.

I would agree with anyone saying 2021 is all but officially out.

Date: January 26, 2021 16:57

bitusa2012

No, not a typo.. they literally will be riding Segways to their next leg.
Thanks for looking out though cool smiley

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 26, 2021 18:51

There is no need to cancel right now as there is no reason not to cancel. Lets just chill out and see what happens.

Date: January 27, 2021 09:27

Agree with 2022. It used to be (in the USA anyway) that we only saw them every three years, so yes while this situation is a bit different, I'm somewhat used to it.

In any event, whether they stick to the postponed tour or replace it with "a 60th Tour in big markets", I'll be there. Whenever and wherever. So as daspyknows just suggested, chill. Where and when the band goes, I follow.

plexi

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7879808182838485868788...LastNext
Current Page: 83 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1676
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home