Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7778798081828384858687...LastNext
Current Page: 82 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 21, 2020 19:51

- A mask will stop approx 40% of the virus near you.
- Keeping a distance of 2m i.e. 6ft will stop 70% or so of the virus near you.
- The new mutant virus known in UK since Sept this year is 70% more contagious.
- In Norway, they say the mutant "UK" virus increase the R factor by 0.4.
- To be on the safe side, you need 2m or even 3m i.e. 6ft or rather 9ft distance.

Keeping a large distance is far more important than wearing a mask, and a mask will never replace the most important tool we have: distance.

I can't really see a stadium show where fans are 3m i.e. 9ft apart at all times, from they go on the train, buy drinks and merchandise, attend the show, then return home. It does not work that way.

The only think we know for sure, right not, is that 2020 has been bad, but 2021 will take a lot of patience, while many people expect things to be normal, at the same time, the virus will still be all over.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: December 21, 2020 20:34

stickyfingers101

Corona is sort of like catching STDs...it's always your "friend" that you "trust" who gets ya!

Since when did Corona start charging by the hour >grinning smiley<

Nate

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: December 21, 2020 21:59

Nate
stickyfingers101

Corona is sort of like catching STDs...it's always your "friend" that you "trust" who gets ya!

Since when did Corona start charging by the hour >grinning smiley<

Nate

hahahahahahaa!

F'n good one....daaaaammmmmm!!!

hahahahaha!

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: December 22, 2020 01:38

bv
- To be on the safe side, you need 2m or even 3m i.e. 6ft or rather 9ft distance.

Keeping a large distance is far more important than wearing a mask, and a mask will never replace the most important tool we have: distance.

I can't really see a stadium show where fans are 3m i.e. 9ft apart at all times, from they go on the train, buy drinks and merchandise, attend the show, then return home. It does not work that way.

The only think we know for sure, right not, is that 2020 has been bad, but 2021 will take a lot of patience, while many people expect things to be normal, at the same time, the virus will still be all over.

I know, that I probably will be thrown out by saying this but it is not an objective fact to say this. Many scientist do have a different thesis. And these scientists are not worse or better.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: December 22, 2020 04:51

Irix
Gazza

Regardless of how fighting fit and tour ready the Stones might be by summer 2021, if no insurance company will cover them, then there won't be any shows before 2022.

And I guess there won't be any shows before 2022 until 70% of the population have reached COVID-19 immunity - [iorr.org] .

Some at a high level in the US are predicting 70% will have immunity by June either having been vaccinated or having antibodies. Could be a fall tour. Though again... not sure an insurance company will work on such speculation.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: December 23, 2020 17:10

According to this recent article from Rolling Stone no big shows until 2022.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: December 23, 2020 17:39

micha063
bv

I know, that I probably will be thrown out by saying this but it is not an objective fact to say this. Many scientist do have a different thesis. And these scientists are not worse or better.

Yes, you should be banned.

plexi

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: December 23, 2020 17:58

kovach
Irix
Gazza

Regardless of how fighting fit and tour ready the Stones might be by summer 2021, if no insurance company will cover them, then there won't be any shows before 2022.

And I guess there won't be any shows before 2022 until 70% of the population have reached COVID-19 immunity - [iorr.org] .

Some at a high level in the US are predicting 70% will have immunity by June either having been vaccinated or having antibodies. Could be a fall tour. Though again... not sure an insurance company will work on such speculation.

Won't be til later in the year. No big tours, the insurance companies waiting til risk is lower. No insurance company, no big tour.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 23, 2020 18:12

spikenyc
According to this recent article from Rolling Stone no big shows until 2022.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Makes you almost pity those holding on to tickets and even predicting a 2021 rescheduled summer Stones tour, but unrealistic optimism is usually a recipe for a big letdown.
Realistically, 2022 sounds way more feasible, but even then there's just too many unknowns and uncertainties to place any bets right now on a rescheduled tour ever happening at all.
The only thing that's a factual guarantee at this point is that they (and us fans) are not getting any younger.

That being said, the #1 priority right now should be to get the world back to a somewhat "normal" order, and with the roll out of the vaccine just beginning, seems a long ways to go for that.

Date: December 23, 2020 18:51

I always thought insurance companies would insure anything.....at the right price.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: December 23, 2020 19:02

Should have had one last show.

[profootballtalk.nbcsports.com]

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: December 23, 2020 23:23

I still have my tickets for St. Louis. Funny thing is, if it wasn't for this thread I would probably forget I still had them. I really can't see anything from the Stones playing live in 2021. I think we have 2 option for 2022 depending on how 2021 goes Pandemic wise. A) 2021 everyone at soem point gets the vaccine and we see a huge reduction in cases and large gatherings are OK'd for 2022. Then I think we see as clsoe to the the original cities/venues from 2020 scheduld for 2022 as a 60 year Anniversary tour. cool smiley The boys get older and large gatherings are still a huge risk so a few small shows in London in 2022 and a few small shows in New York to celebrate 6o years.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: December 24, 2020 00:34

Some optimism in general regarding a return to normalcy.

I’m not suggesting in any way that the Stones tour in 2021, this is more in regards to hope for 2022 and events that are already rescheduled with new dates.

[www.webmd.com]

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: January 25, 2021 11:35

On the stones website it still says the tour is postponed but no one in their right mind can believe it will happen so why has it not been officially cancelled.Are people still holding onto tickets in the hope of shows going ahead?

Nate

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 25, 2021 12:45

Nate
On the stones website it still says the tour is postponed but no one in their right mind can believe it will happen so why has it not been officially cancelled.Are people still holding onto tickets in the hope of shows going ahead?

Nate

Absolutely.
Holding on to several shows.

Believe they will be a go in the fall.
If not, spring '22.

Personally, glad they haven't cancelled it.
Good on them as it helps provide some hope and something to look forward to.

A fall opener, with proof of vaccination required for entry, is viable.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 25, 2021 13:37

Why should they cancel? They have no reason to. They kept the contract.

Postponed - until it's safe to perform again. If that turns out to be "never", then of course the tour does get cancelled, but the Inc. is not ready to pull that trigger yet.

The sad part, of course, is that at their age they're fighting the clock with this thing. More than ever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-25 13:37 by Topi.

Date: January 25, 2021 17:26

I still have my St. Louis tix.
Hard to believe it was almost a year ago when the tour announcement happened....

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 25, 2021 18:21

Topi
Why should they cancel? They have no reason to. They kept the contract.

Postponed - until it's safe to perform again. If that turns out to be "never", then of course the tour does get cancelled, but the Inc. is not ready to pull that trigger yet.

The sad part, of course, is that at their age they're fighting the clock with this thing. More than ever.

as long as they don't cancel the tour they don't have to refund the tickets…

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 25, 2021 18:32

Slewan, you're wrong. The Stones have, in fact, offered refunds for the postponed tour ever since March 24. That's 10 months ago. It was widely discussed in this thread. See page 45 onwards [iorr.org]

The Stones were actually one of the first bands to issue full refunds during the COVID-19 pandemic. A lot of acts wouldn't at first.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-25 18:57 by Topi.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 25, 2021 18:59

The whole lime thing... all because it kept flies away. Turned into a "thing" to do with Corona.

LOL did I post this already? Can't remember!

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: January 25, 2021 19:05

That's a beauty, GLS !
cool smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 25, 2021 19:49

Like the supposed new album thread, the title of this thread should be changed to reflect the postponement. At this rate, I'd say 2022 or even 2023, but to be extra safe would just put 2024 in anticipation of lengthier delays.
Even that seems unrealistic, but as long as the thread exists and is active, there might be a ray hope amongst some fans. Maybe there should be no date at all so it reads The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour - period.
If I were Nostradamus, I would predict this tour is completely scrapped, but there will be a small handful of Stones shows some time in the distant future. Still thinking Royal Albert Hall...some time in 2023 or 2024.
The upcoming 60th anniversary in 2022 will be celebrated with another greatest hits compilation w/ all the bells and whistles, including 500 copies in red vinyl, but unfortunately no live shows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-25 19:50 by Hairball.

Date: January 25, 2021 20:27

I also believe 5 or so shows at Royal Albert Hall in 2022 (60 year Anniv) and maybe 3-5 shows at MSG that same year. Can't really see a 15 or so show tour in 2023, but who knows. I keep my tix because why jump through hoops and cancel. When/if tour "officially" gets cancelled, my $ is automatically refunded without a hassle. I will probably end up displaying my paper tickets somewhere as the tour that never happened....

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 25, 2021 20:37

First, Hairball is ruining my Tour fantasies... angry smiley

Second, if they do perform anniversary concerts in 2022, the tickets better be pretty. No damn electronic Ticketmaster crap for their 60th...

(Also, COVID has made me grouchy... grouchier.)

grinning smiley

Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 25, 2021 20:43

I changed the title of this thread into "... - Postponed".
May be they do a tour like the one in 2012, may be 2022.
First we have to get rid of the pandemic, that is not a simple task.

Bjornulf

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: January 25, 2021 21:23

TumblinDice76
I still have my St. Louis tix.
Hard to believe it was almost a year ago when the tour announcement happened....

Me too.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 25, 2021 21:26

SomeTorontoGirl

Second, if they do perform anniversary concerts in 2022, the tickets better be pretty. No damn electronic Ticketmaster crap for their 60th...

grinning smiley

Watch them be an extra $50 each just to be printed all nice and pretty.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: January 25, 2021 22:23

GasLightStreet
SomeTorontoGirl

grinning smiley

yea, I'm not into all this electronic/paperless stuff, like my pretty looking hardcopy tickets.

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 25, 2021 23:03

GasLightStreet

Don’t care. They were bound to bankrupt me someday anyway. smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: January 25, 2021 23:09

SomeTorontoGirl
GasLightStreet

Don’t care. They were bound to bankrupt me someday anyway. smiling bouncing smiley

I am a sucker for cool artsy tickets, too. I'd pay extra for it. I actually have all my stubs in plastic pages in a 3-ring binder. When a ticket has been an e-ticket I've printed something online, cut it out and used that as my "stub".

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7778798081828384858687...LastNext
Current Page: 82 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1855
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home