Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7677787980818283848586...LastNext
Current Page: 81 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 15, 2020 19:02

Saw this on Facebook.

Posted by: johnnyb ()
Date: December 15, 2020 21:20

I still maintain high quality streaming is a legit viable alternate until the situation improves

this friday 82 year old gordon lightfoot is doing a live stream from the totally rebuilt and modernized El Mocambo club in Toronto that the stones made famous on Love you Live.

streamed live with high resolution sound and picture....it should be outstanding if you like his stuff.

Gordo usually does about 25 songs in two sets and sings them all which is rather amazing at his age.

the last few years he has averaged about 60 or 70 shows a year....which says the stones have miles left if they want

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 15, 2020 23:15

Farewell Periscope-App, in March 2021: it will then be integrated into Twitter - [Periscope.medium.com] .

Periscope web at periscope.tv/periscopeco, will remain available as a read-only archive of public broadcasts - [Help.Twitter.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-15 23:20 by Irix.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: December 16, 2020 00:06

Topi
Saw this on Facebook.

I was curious as to the source of the original post.

The post was made on LinkedIn by the owner of a trucking/logistics company.

Looks like the possible owner of the transportation company for the Stones production equipment based on the pictures.

Interesting that the person posted it on LinkedIn of all platforms.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-16 00:07 by Dougratajczak87.

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: December 16, 2020 00:30

With vaccines in play now, I imagine that the concert/entertainment industry is going to be pushing hard for it's existence by next summer. Get people vaccinated, put a mask on their face, and let them into the concert. I hope so!

Of course they have to proceed with some kind of plan, but of course that plan can change at any point.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: December 16, 2020 04:39

OhYesMeAgain
Hi Everyone, I just wanted to compare notes: StubHub told me it will take 120 days (4 months) to issue me a refund on the canceled RS show for San Diego. I initiated the refund 2 months ago. So, I have been waiting for 2 months. I called StubHub to see how things are going with my refund and StubHub said I have 2 more months to wait for my refund. I was wondering if everyone else was having a similar experience? Also, I live in California and was wondering if the strong consumer protection laws say anything about how long after a canceled show a vendor has to issue refund? Thanks! (I got my refunds from TicketMaster a long ago.)

My stubhub refund for San Diego is also still “in progress”. I initially (at time of postponement) tried my credit card company but wasn’t able to get through as they were still dealing with folks working from home and everybody having payment issues, etc. I haven’t tried them again. I will be happy to get my refund eventually provided stubhub doesn’t go bankrupt first.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: December 17, 2020 03:51

The source added that Jagger’s in peak shape and wants to tour again next year. “He has made a complete recovery, and is making his signature moves in private rehearsals,” the source said. “He tells insiders the Stones hope to tour in 2021, or when it’s safe to return to the stage.”

[pagesix.com]

Posted by: blutsvente66 ()
Date: December 17, 2020 18:14

At this point i dont believe in a Tour 2021. Harry Styles again postponed his UK and Europe Tour, ZSK, the UK Subs and many other bands postponed their german tour. Even if the US is vaccinated fast i dont believe in a Tour 2021.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: December 17, 2020 18:23

artedm
The source added that Jagger’s in peak shape and wants to tour again next year. “He has made a complete recovery, and is making his signature moves in private rehearsals,” the source said. “He tells insiders the Stones hope to tour in 2021, or when it’s safe to return to the stage.”

[pagesix.com]

I think its going to be more like when it's safe to return to the stage (from quote above). I don't see them scheduling a tour for fall and I don't think insurance and vaccine roll out is going to be in time to reschedule an entire tour for this summer.

Too many boxes to check in advance of summer to enable it to happen.

As of now, I'm looking forward to summer 2022 in anticipation of Stones return.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 17, 2020 20:13

“He has made a complete recovery..."

Assuming this is in reference to his heart condition, seemed to me Mick made a complete recovery prior to the Summer 2019 No Filter shows.
In fact, he was much better at the four shows I attended in 2019 than the three shows I saw him at in 2016 (both Desert Trips and *Vegas)!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 17, 2020 20:59

The vaccine will prevent fatal covid-19 death and illness at a rate of approx 95%. However, so far there are no test results saying the vaccine may stop the spread of the actual virus.

Further, may be 50% might never take the vaccine, due to some reason.

Large crowds with thousand or more people possibly covid-19 positive would not be very popular I think.

May be 2022 will be better, but according to Dr Fauci, all of 2021, into winter 2022, will be spent fighting the pandemic.

Bjornulf

Date: December 17, 2020 21:25

On Monday Fauci just said: “By the time we get to the fall, we can start approaching some degree of relief where the level of infection will be so low in society we can start essentially approaching some form of normality,”

I say whoever gets the vaccine should get a certification within an app. Only those people would then be allowed to attend events with crowds. A Stones Fall Tour could very well be possible.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: December 17, 2020 22:01

Yes, makemeburnthecandle, that is what I have heard from Fauci as well. Just Tuesday morning he was interviewed live, and I heard him say that if all goes well, we are looking at returning to normal in fall. I have also heard other health experts at the national level say similar things.. "I am hopeful to attend a baseball game in a stadium filled to capacity this summer," was what one individual said; I wish I could recall who. Fauci knows he can't be overly optimistic when issuing these predictions. Even here in the unpredictable USA, we'll have far greater than 50% participation in the vaccines, provided there are no major safety recalls or mishaps. Once the numbers start to come down, the vaccine skeptics will be in the extreme minority.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 17, 2020 22:08

Hairball
“He has made a complete recovery..."

Assuming this is in reference to his heart condition, seemed to me Mick made a complete recovery prior to the Summer 2019 No Filter shows.
In fact, he was much better at the four shows I attended in 2019 than the three shows I saw him at in 2016 (both Desert Trips and *Vegas)!

Oh, that whole thing was just a tabloid article. Mick in "peak shape"? winking smiley

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: December 17, 2020 22:20

If they tour in 2021 it will have to be called the "Filter Mandatory" tour.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: December 17, 2020 23:18

makemeburnthecandle
I say whoever gets the vaccine should get a certification within an app. Only those people would then be allowed to attend events with crowds.

This sounds like hell. I don't know anyone in my entourage who wants and/or trusts these new vaccines. If this means no more Stones shows for me, so be it. I've had a great run, but no way in hell am I getting a vaccine to go to a show, and I sure as @#$%& won't wear a mask at a concert.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 17, 2020 23:53

FrogSugar
makemeburnthecandle
I say whoever gets the vaccine should get a certification within an app. Only those people would then be allowed to attend events with crowds.

This sounds like hell. I don't know anyone in my entourage who wants and/or trusts these new vaccines. If this means no more Stones shows for me, so be it. I've had a great run, but no way in hell am I getting a vaccine to go to a show, and I sure as @#$%& won't wear a mask at a concert.

Really going to miss you and your "entourage" eye rolling smiley

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: December 18, 2020 00:47

my understanding of the vaccine is the vaccine will prevent severe Covid-19 and presumably the life threatening complications which can arise from Covid-19 infection. You may still be able to be a carrier of the virus and in turn infect others even though you have been vaccinated. If this is true, and I do hope I’m wrong, then we may not be seeing stadium sized concerts quite awhile.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: December 18, 2020 02:02

FrogSugar
makemeburnthecandle

That attitude is why things are so f'ed up now. Please stay home.

Date: December 21, 2020 11:45

20-Dec-2020: Incoming US Surgeon General Vivek Murthy said widespread vaccination might not occur until 'mid-summer, early fall' - [www.BusinessInsider.com] :

Dr. Vivek Murthy: "When it comes to the vaccine timeline, we all want the vaccine to be delivered as quickly, as fairly as possible, and you can be sure that every day and night, that myself and others on the Biden team are working toward that. But we also want to be realistic about the timeline. I think that if everything goes well, that we may see a circumstance where by late spring, people who are in lower-risk categories can get this vaccine. But that would really require everything to go exactly on schedule. I think it's more realistic to assume that it may be closer to mid-summer, early fall when this vaccine makes its way to the general population."

So, if widespread vaccination of the general population is really that late and 70% of the population have to reach immunity, then there will be no Tour before 2022.

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: December 21, 2020 12:54

FrogSugar
makemeburnthecandle

Use a time machine. Go back to Middle Ages. You belong there.
Oh and please take your entourage with you.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: December 21, 2020 14:30

FrogSugar
makemeburnthecandle

Exactly the type of attitude that will string this thing out for longer than it needs. Frankly if that's one less idiot putting the rest of us at risk, you stay home and remain unvaccinated

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 21, 2020 14:36

FrogSugar
makemeburnthecandle

Well, it is people like you and your entourage that makes it sure that we all are going to live in a hell for a long time still.

- Doxa

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: December 21, 2020 17:00

Doxa
FrogSugar
makemeburnthecandle

Well, it is people like you and your entourage that makes it sure that we all are going to live in a hell for a long time still.

- Doxa

Agreed Doxa.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: December 21, 2020 18:08

steffialicia
Doxa
FrogSugar
makemeburnthecandle

- Doxa

Agreed Doxa.

Well, at least it should be possible to talk or discous without sendending anybody to hell...
Different points of view are the very basic of democracy and I want to keep this for me and my children.
So please try not to send anybody to hell.
The vaccines are very short proven and if somebody decides not take rhe risk to take it, he or she should not get blamed.
That's just my point of view.
Fear and anger, hate and all this is not, what makes the world any better.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 21, 2020 18:38

FrogSugar
makemeburnthecandle

What are you - a rapper?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 21, 2020 18:43

Dougratajczak87
artedm

[pagesix.com]

I think its going to be more like when it's safe to return to the stage (from quote above). I don't see them scheduling a tour for fall and I don't think insurance and vaccine roll out is going to be in time to reschedule an entire tour for this summer.

Too many boxes to check in advance of summer to enable it to happen.

As of now, I'm looking forward to summer 2022 in anticipation of Stones return.

This is the biggest problem many major artists will face - especially a band as aged as the Stones. Insurance is a delicate issue as it is for an ageing group of musicians without covid being thrown into the mix. Regardless of how fighting fit and tour ready the Stones might be by summer 2021, if no insurance company will cover them, then there won't be any shows before 2022.

Date: December 21, 2020 19:00

Gazza

Regardless of how fighting fit and tour ready the Stones might be by summer 2021, if no insurance company will cover them, then there won't be any shows before 2022.

And I guess there won't be any shows before 2022 until 70% of the population have reached COVID-19 immunity - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 21, 2020 19:11

Received an email from stubhub yesterday with the subject line being "Ok, there weren’t a lot of live events THIS year but…", then when email opened goes on to say "Get ready to make up for it in 2021".
They're promoting a bunch of upcoming shows with the first on the list being the massive Coachella Festival that's been rescheduled for April 2021 - not too far away.
Chances are slim (to none) this will take place on those dates, and given stubhubs refund policy, sounds like a scam where they just want to scoop up peoples money and hold on to it indefinitely.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: December 21, 2020 19:16

anybody who thinks ALL 60,000+ people in a stadium - drunk and high - are going to keep their masks on the entire time during a concert....

....is delusional.

Frog's post was a bit aggro and I don't agree w/ him about not taking the vaccine....but, so what?

Frog's not the one who's gonna give you Corona...you'll get it from being careless around somebody you think is "safe"....

Corona is sort of like Mafia hits and catching STDs...it's always your "friend" that you "trust" who gets ya!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7677787980818283848586...LastNext
Current Page: 81 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2083
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home