Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7576777879808182838485...LastNext
Current Page: 80 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: December 4, 2020 04:33

podiumboy
Today Fauci apparently said that by the end of next summer, he believes full stadiums will be able to happen. If I were the Stones, I'd just go ahead and lock in the dates in the September-November 2021 timeframe. I realize that's tricky because of football season, but they've done fall stadium tours before. Very unlikely the shows will be able to happen before that.

Ask Lloyd's of London (or whatever company underwrites the tour). They will likely have as much to say about as Mick and Keith.

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: December 4, 2020 05:22

Perhaps it'd be safer to reschedule to May-June of 2022. I know the worry is that the Stones are SO OLD. But they'll only be 6 months older in May 2022 than they will be in November 2021, so in the scheme of things it's not a huge deal.

Elton John just moved all his 2020 North American dates to 2022. He never even bothered @#$%& with 2021, which is probably smart.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 4, 2020 06:36

Part of that Elton rescheduling has to do with the fact that he had already rescheduled his Europe dates to 2021. He can't squeeze everything into next year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-04 06:55 by Topi.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 4, 2020 06:40

That's gotta be one of the longest 'Farewell' Tours in the history of music.
At this rate, Elton will still be saying goodbye in 2025!

Date: December 4, 2020 06:56

KISS say: hold my beer! winking smiley

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: December 4, 2020 08:24

jbwelda
Four months to get your refund?

I would try getting it from your credit card company if its not too late for that. Tell them you were ripped off because thats what I would call a four month wait for a refund. That or insist on interest payments at credit card rates for the delay.

jb

Thanks jbwelda for the advice.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: December 7, 2020 05:11

I’d say the group’s possible return to the live scene would be at the Royal Albert Hall, hopefully sometime late 2021 or early 2022, as part of the venue’s 150th anniversary — as one IORRian once posted here. All things considered, it feels to me more plausible than the postponed U.S. stadium tour.

[www.royalalberthall.com]

[www.bbc.co.uk]

[inews.co.uk]

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: December 7, 2020 11:40

I think that there will be a massive world tour 2022/2024 with 14/15 show each year:North America, Europe and rest of the world

Date: December 7, 2020 13:28

2024? Get real.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 7, 2020 17:07

1989-2007 : 30 shows per year on average
2008-2019 : 10 shows per year on average

Whenever the pandemic is over, they might do a few shows in London and NYC, sort of same as they did in 2012. Just a thought. But, as long as people ignore the pandemic, ignore masking up, then the pandemic will last longer, and time is not on our side.

Bjornulf

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: December 7, 2020 17:36

bv

Whenever the pandemic is over, they might do a few shows in London and NYC, sort of same as they did in 2012. Just a thought. But, as long as people ignore the pandemic, ignore masking up, then the pandemic will last longer, and time is not on our side.

You are correct. It's in our hands to a large part.

Date: December 7, 2020 19:32

I've been predicting it for quite some time...maybe a few shows in London when the pandemic is over (maybe by 2022 it will be safe enough for the band?), but New York never crossed my mind which would be a nice bonus
Still many questions to be resolved, and am not counting any chickens before they're hatched, but the above scenario sort of leaves the postponed US dates even more in the dark w/many fans still holding tickets...
Wondering when they'll pull the plug completely, or maybe they're still grappling with itinerary and insurance problems...no doubt the virus and vaccination process is still the biggest hurdle for everyone.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: December 7, 2020 19:43

Honestly believe they will keep the current tour on the books for a couple more months before announcing it's rescheduled dates starting late summer/early fall.
Their history is that they go to great lengths to honor their commitments, with few exceptions. Clearly important to them.

I think we'll see a lot of bands rescheduling to a similar time frame.
Perhaps proof of vaccination required, or an advanced (cheaper/more available) rapid test at the gate, or.. ?? Likely also that vaccinations will have taken place to perhaps even make it a non-issue by then.

Date: December 7, 2020 20:01

bv

Discounting the sabbatical 2008-2011, should this be 2012-2019?
During this period, they played 120+ shows, depending on how you count them. The average number of the shows played per year then would turn to be 15.

No nitpicking here, that’s just the way I see things.

Date: December 7, 2020 21:04

steffialicia
bv

You are correct. It's in our hands to a large part.

Unfortunately it is not in OUR hands but the hands of the Big Al's and Leonidp's of this world which is as good as saying we are all screwed. They will pipe up and flame me but it is the truth.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 8, 2020 15:59

RisingStone
bv

Discounting the sabbatical 2008-2011, should this be 2012-2019?
During this period, they played 120+ shows, depending on how you count them. The average number of the shows played per year then would turn to be 15.

No nitpicking here, that’s just the way I see things.

That is not the point!
The point is they do perform a number of shows on average per year per decade and so on.
It is all about statistics and maths.
It's like a football match (soccer).
It is not 45+45 = 90 minutes. There is a break in the middle, so it is 115 minutes.
Or a hockey match. They do not play for 3 x 20 min, they need those 15 minutes breaks between the periods.
The Stones had breaks in 2000, 2001, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011.
They need these breaks, and for sure the breaks are part of the maths.
The number of shows per year on average has been going down from 1963 and on, for sure.
Whether they played on average 10 or 14 shows per year, after the 2005-2007 tours, they did play a lot fewer shows per year from 2008 on vs in the 2000's, the 90's and so on.
I do not expect them to do either 30 shows per year or 10 shows per year after 2020, more like 5-10 shows max.
They will be in their 80's, people in the 80's spend most time at home.

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-08 16:01 by bv.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 8, 2020 23:35

Bjornulf, god forbid anyone argue with your math.

But as a person getting up there in years, I wouldn't want to add to the Stones' ages unnecessarily or falsely.
Mick is 77 now, and Keith is about to turn 77. Neither is 80 until 2023, not too far off, but still a while.

Of course, Charlie will turn 80 next year, and then again, Ronnie, the kid, won't be 80 until 2027.

Last year my little brother tried to tell his son's girlfriend I was a whole 1.5 older than my age, and I had to correct him.

You know, we used to think people in their 70's stayed home quite a bit too.
Your point is well-taken, anyway. Fewer shows over the years. cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: December 9, 2020 01:22

I understand the point is that the older they grow, the fewer shows they play, that’s not disputable, nobody argues against it. Whether they played 10 or 15 shows on average per year after 2007, that would not change the point.

My assumption above is pretty trivial in the bigger picture, not worth arguing really. That being said, I can’t help but think — if the sabbatical 2008-2011 is taken into account, then should the previous equivalent of 1983-1988 enter into the equation? If you ignore the years 1989-2007 include some breaks, 1991-1993, 1996, 2000-2001, 2004, that is.

Or am I missing something here?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-09 15:34 by RisingStone.

Date: December 9, 2020 01:37

Just heard that those 18 and under in the US might not get a vaccine until the end of next summer and in to the fall, so that might have some consequences when planning large concerts in stadiums regarding ticket sales, etc. for many bands. If that is true, the Stones might want to wait to re-schedule any US shows until the Spring/Summer of 2022, but I have my doubts the insurance company will give the go ahead even then - especially when factoring in their old age and their susceptibility to various illnesses. Best case scenario is a small handful of shows at the much more user-friendly and smaller Royal Albert Hall for their 60th anniversary.

Date: December 9, 2020 03:26

Hairball
Just heard that those 18 and under in the US might not get a vaccine until the end of next summer and in to the fall, so that might have some consequences when planning large concerts in stadiums regarding ticket sales, etc. for many bands. If that is true, the Stones might want to wait to re-schedule any US shows until the Spring/Summer of 2022, but I have my doubts the insurance company will give the go ahead even then - especially when factoring in their old age and their susceptibility to various illnesses. Best case scenario is a small handful of shows at the much more user-friendly and smaller Royal Albert Hall for their 60th anniversary.

Count me in if those happen.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: December 9, 2020 06:32

Hairball

Yep, Fauci recently said NBA finals might be cutting it close in July for full arenas. He said he expects stadiums to be able to be full by September.

Given that the Stones tour is mostly outdoor stadiums, I’d bet that with all the factors and their previous US tours (post 2012) favoring summer time, summer of 2022 is a much better bet than any plans for 2021.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-09 06:34 by Dougratajczak87.

Date: December 9, 2020 06:33

Hairball
Best case scenario is a small handful of shows at the much more user-friendly and smaller Royal Albert Hall for their 60th anniversary.

If that’s the case, early 2022 would be the best bet because the group’s 60th anniversary and the RAH 150th anniversary can be combined — the celebrations of the venue will continue to 2022.

[www.eveningexpress.co.uk]

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 9, 2020 11:52

daspyknows

Unfortunately it is not in OUR hands but the hands of the Big Al's and Leonidp's of this world which is as good as saying we are all screwed. They will pipe up and flame me but it is the truth.

Oh, the notoriety! I'm one of Tell Me's contrarians. I'm going to enjoy my status as the Christopher Hitchens of Tell Me! grinning smiley

Posted by: Travman87 ()
Date: December 10, 2020 14:34

I'm thinking that the Stones will honor there shows next year in north America and then in 2022 they can possibly do a couple of shows in London at Wembley stadium? They haven't played their since the new stadium opened and July will mark 60 ears since the first show.

Date: December 10, 2020 15:45

Big Al
daspyknows

Oh, the notoriety! I'm one of Tell Me's contrarians. I'm going to enjoy my status as the Christopher Hitchens of Tell Me! grinning smiley

Don't flatter yourself. Hitchens believed in science.

Date: December 10, 2020 15:59

steffialicia

As do I, actually. He was, however, exactly the kind of person who'd reject much of what - rightly, or wrongly - is been forced upon us by our respective governments. His brother, Peter Hitchens, is very vocal on the plight of the British people.

Date: December 10, 2020 16:07

Big Al
steffialicia

As do I, actually. He was, however, exactly the kind of person who'd reject much of what - rightly, or wrongly - is been forced upon us by our respective governments. His brother, Peter Hitchens, is very vocal on the plight of the British people.

Big Al, you just want to argue. The term we use is the US is bb. The "government" has not forced all of this illness and death on its citizens. A virus has. What the current government has done to improve the situation is next to nothing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-10 16:08 by steffialicia.

Date: December 10, 2020 16:27

steffialicia

Big Al, you just want to argue. The term we use is the US is bb. The "government" has not forced all of this illness and death on its citizens. A virus has. What the current government has done to improve the situation is next to nothing.

I really don't, steffialicial. I just wish the U.K. Government could've handled thing's differently. Our 'tier system' is shambolic, confusing and very unfair.

Date: December 10, 2020 18:07

Big Al
steffialicia

I really don't, steffialicial. I just wish the U.K. Government could've handled thing's differently. Our 'tier system' is shambolic, confusing and very unfair.

Differently I agree, not doing anything like the US federal government is idiotic. Do you have a different solution that people should not be locked down? If so, you haven't stated it yet.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: December 10, 2020 20:37

Travman87
I'm thinking that the Stones will honor there shows next year in north America and then in 2022 they can possibly do a couple of shows in London at Wembley stadium? They haven't played their since the new stadium opened and July will mark 60 ears since the first show.

The vaccine has to be rolled out and enough people have to have had it and problems ironed out. I would be astonished if there were any stadium shows anywhere before 2022. Insurers and promoters will make that decision.

The new Wembley, which opened in 2007, is an awful concert venue with abysmal acoustics. Don't confuse it for the previous stadium on the same spot, which closed in 2000 and the Stones played 12 times, 3 of which I attended. I want the Stones nowhere near Wembley and I don't think they're in any hurry to play there either.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7576777879808182838485...LastNext
Current Page: 80 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1795
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home