Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7475767778798081828384...LastNext
Current Page: 79 of 157
TM just quietly refunded my San Diego LDs
Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: October 22, 2020 18:40

I just happened to look at my credit card activity yesterday and I saw that Ticketmaster had refunded my San Diego Lucky Dips. I didn't request this. They just did it.

I don't recall a formal cancellation notification. Until now, I thought they had left it all as delayed pending new dates.

Obviously Covid isn't going away soon, but I guess someone decided to change "delayed" to "cancelled."

Did I miss a formal announcement?

Re: TM just quietly refunded my San Diego LDs
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 22, 2020 18:41

The venue is being knocked down, thus the cancellation. This was announced.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 22, 2020 18:47

Cancelation notice from TM also included some verbiage about being given an opportunity for early buy if/when new venue is announced.
Chances are slim this will happen, but will be interesting to see how that would work for LD ticket holders if it does.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 22, 2020 18:57

Austin is refunded as well with no cancellation...Dallas to

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-23 16:30 by Munichhilton.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: October 22, 2020 20:22

This post prompted me to check my own LDs. The only tix I have on there were Cleveland & Detroit. When I went to my page" I got this:

Error 506
Guru Mediation:
Details: cache-pwk4948-PWK 1603387080 837929457
Varnish cache server

When I tried to reach the Cleveland Stones show page page, I got this:

Error 401 Not allowed
Not allowed
Guru Mediation:
Details: cache-pwk4950-PWK 1603386896 1371759408
Varnish cache server

I don't speak computorese so I don't know what the hell it means.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: October 22, 2020 21:10

Im still holding LD's for Charlotte, Tampa and Atlanta.
Just checked TM and says "event is postponed, tickets are still valid".
Also is giving the option of a refund.
Until an official announcement is made, Im going to hold on to these.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: October 22, 2020 22:36

spikenyc
Im still holding LD's for Charlotte, Tampa and Atlanta.
Just checked TM and says "event is postponed, tickets are still valid".
Also is giving the option of a refund.
Until an official announcement is made, Im going to hold on to these.

Same for Vancouver LDs. “Event is postponed, tickets are still valid” There’s also the option for a refund.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: October 23, 2020 04:48

vibrolux
I just happened to look at my credit card activity yesterday and I saw that Ticketmaster had refunded my San Diego Lucky Dips. I didn't request this. They just did it.

I don't recall a formal cancellation notification. Until now, I thought they had left it all as delayed pending new dates.

Obviously Covid isn't going away soon, but I guess someone decided to change "delayed" to "cancelled."

Did I miss a formal announcement?

You have to pay attention more. This has been discussed a few times.

Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 27, 2020 20:30

bv
Some think they can isolate the people age 0-65 from the older ages 65-100+. Let the party roll for "normal" people and then just close the nursing homes for the elderly etc. Well the young people have families, they work in hospitals, they have brothers and sisters, some of them work work in nursing homes, at hospitals, etc. Many have parents and older relatives, at risk.

If the virus is out of control then three million people will die in USA, 100,000 people will die in Sweden, six hundred thousand will die in UK and so on. The one percent people some don't care about. Meanwhile, as the hospitals are busy with ventilators missing and oxygen missing and sick nurses and sick and dead doctors, they will not be able to handle heart attacks or hip surgery or back surgery or kidney transplantation or other emergency surgery, because the hospitals are in emergency, totally swamped by corona cases. We had that in March/April, all over the world, and it is coming back now in the Northern Hemisphere, for the next six months, because we move indoor, and because some do not care.

Pubs are closing in UK, Spain, Italy, France etc are implementing more restrictions, as the numbers of cases grow rapidly, the corona test tents here where I live used to be open noon to 2pm for two hours, testing may be 350 people out of our 100,000 total every day, today they were open at least for 5pm, with long queues, very busy, with rapidly increasing cases. They do still have only 1% to 2% of the total tests positive, but more and more people catch a cold, they feel sick, or they do really have covid-19, so they test themselves, then the tracing people start their work, tracing an average of 10-12 contacts per person. Some have 80 close contacts these days. Then the governments have two options: Take control, or give up.

Because some give up, there will be no Stones tour. I keep this very Stones related, because no tour may be replaced by no football or no baseball and so on. No crowds. We care about the Stones. Others care about pubs, restaurants, work, business, travel, whatever. Everything will halt if we do not care.

By the way, the "herd immunity" does not do the trick. You are immune for 3-6 months, as it seems, then later on, like the flu, you may get it one more time. Meanwhile one percent of the population died before the socalled herd immunity was reached. A vaccine for everybody is the only thing that will get the Stones on tour. It will be here in 2021 some time. Then tour in 2022. May be.

Thank you BV as always.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 27, 2020 22:20

Munichhilton

You requested the refunds for those shows, right?

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 28, 2020 01:59

Topi
Munichhilton

You requested the refunds for those shows, right?

He had too. You can still buy tickets for all the shows except San Diego.

Posted by: MysteryTour84 ()
Date: October 28, 2020 07:01

Agreed. Holding on to my LDs in:

Minneapolis

Nashville

Vancouver

Dallas

Austin

Atlanta

Fingers crossed for a 2022 tour.

Posted by: MysteryTour84 ()
Date: October 28, 2020 07:02

Follow up question?

How many LD were for sale for each venue? 100? 500?

Date: October 28, 2020 13:01

That's a great question. I don't recall the amount of LDs at any given show having ever been disclosed.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 28, 2020 14:39

Not sure there is an exact amount issued, somewhere in one of the interviews with a promoter, 1000 Lucky Dip tickets has been mentioned (more than once I believe).
Assuming that's 500 pairs, but I believe the promoter also said they add to that number depending on sales.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 29, 2020 16:29

Oh, the irony! A couple of days’ after Big Al’s ‘controversial’ post, he’s forced into quarantine by his employer: a colleague in the office has tested positive and, I’ve been cited as someone they’ve had ‘close contact’ with. Karma? confused smiley

Date: October 29, 2020 17:35

Big Al
Oh, the irony! A couple of days’ after Big Al’s ‘controversial’ post, he’s forced into quarantine by his employer: a colleague in the office has tested positive and, I’ve been cited as someone they’ve had ‘close contact’ with. Karma? confused smiley

For your sake I hope its just a wake-up call. Trust me, if you caught it, you may have a bumpy ride.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: October 30, 2020 00:51

Big Al

You refer to yourself in the third person? Sounds like a Seimfeld episode.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 30, 2020 01:12

Cooltoplady
Big Al

You refer to yourself in the third person? Sounds like a Seimfeld episode.

These pretzels are making me thirsty.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 31, 2020 15:30

daspyknows
Big Al

For your sake I hope its just a wake-up call. Trust me, if you caught it, you may have a bumpy ride.

I’m okay so far, thankfully. My brother contracted it, after working in a Covid-19 hospital ward; he’s a nurse. He recovered after a week, but a decade younger then me and slightly fitter.

Date: November 19, 2020 10:02

For what it's worth, saw Stonesdoug (founder of Shidoobee) post this on Facebook:

The Stones are hoping to get a tour off in 2021. However they are fighting the insurance companies who are trying to force the tour back to 2022

Date: November 19, 2020 16:47

Topi
For what it's worth, saw Stonesdoug (founder of Shidoobee) post this on Facebook:

The Stones are hoping to get a tour off in 2021. However they are fighting the insurance companies who are trying to force the tour back to 2022

I have said that for months. The risks are too high to really plan much at the moment. Things may change in the string but right now no insurance company will accept the risk unless premiums are sky high which means they get the profits of the tour if it happens.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: November 19, 2020 21:27

daspyknows
Topi

I have said that for months. The risks are too high to really plan much at the moment. Things may change in the string but right now no insurance company will accept the risk unless premiums are sky high which means they get the profits of the tour if it happens.

I agree, I'm more surprised such big tours like Motley Crue/Def Leppard has already been rescheduled for 2021. Granted, they're younger than the Stones while not youngsters by any means.

Date: November 23, 2020 10:10

I just found out that on Ticketmaster, the "Request A Refund" option has disappeared for my Minneapolis and Nashville tickets. However, for Vancouver, it's still there.

Anybody else experience this? Maybe a glitch on TM? I'm sure that all my shows had the refund link visible just a couple of weeks ago.

EDIT: Oh, it was a glitch indeed, the link is now showing for all my shows...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-23 11:00 by Topi.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: November 23, 2020 17:56

Most people over 18 in the UK should be able to get the vaccine by May this year. Not guaranteed of course - many doses to be manufactured, shipped, and jabbed in our arms. It should be the same timing in the rest of Europe and North America - although today who knows what will happen in the USA. I guess it will take all year to reach all countries.

Covid will be a big problem until that time, but getting better each month from February as more people get vaccinations.

I'm sure to fly, or to enter a country, we'll need proof of vaccination at least for this year - just like for smallpox back in the 60s and 70s.

So I think Tours being back on for the Autumn/Fall is quite possible. No Filter 2021 in the US/Canada maybe?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 24, 2020 18:23

thecitadel
Most people over 18 in the UK should be able to get the vaccine by May this year. Not guaranteed of course - many doses to be manufactured, shipped, and jabbed in our arms. It should be the same timing in the rest of Europe and North America - although today who knows what will happen in the USA. I guess it will take all year to reach all countries.

Covid will be a big problem until that time, but getting better each month from February as more people get vaccinations.

I'm sure to fly, or to enter a country, we'll need proof of vaccination at least for this year - just like for smallpox back in the 60s and 70s.

So I think Tours being back on for the Autumn/Fall is quite possible. No Filter 2021 in the US/Canada maybe?

I think that decision will be determined by the promoters and insurers. They'll want a big margin of safety and reassurance before they're confident to proceed so I would think it'll be 2022 before we see Stadium type shows with jumbotron stages. Smaller scale stuff could be on for late 2021 though I think.

Another possible issue is that a reported 40-50% of people in the US refuse to or are reluctant to take a vaccine. Hopefully they'll get on board too and large scale events can eventually resume.

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: December 4, 2020 01:07

Hi Everyone, I just wanted to compare notes: StubHub told me it will take 120 days (4 months) to issue me a refund on the canceled RS show for San Diego. I initiated the refund 2 months ago. So, I have been waiting for 2 months. I called StubHub to see how things are going with my refund and StubHub said I have 2 more months to wait for my refund. I was wondering if everyone else was having a similar experience? Also, I live in California and was wondering if the strong consumer protection laws say anything about how long after a canceled show a vendor has to issue refund? Thanks! (I got my refunds from TicketMaster a long ago.)

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: December 4, 2020 03:40

Four months to get your refund?

I would try getting it from your credit card company if its not too late for that. Tell them you were ripped off because thats what I would call a four month wait for a refund. That or insist on interest payments at credit card rates for the delay.

jb

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: December 4, 2020 03:51

Today Fauci apparently said that by the end of next summer, he believes full stadiums will be able to happen. If I were the Stones, I'd just go ahead and lock in the dates in the September-November 2021 timeframe. I realize that's tricky because of football season, but they've done fall stadium tours before. Very unlikely the shows will be able to happen before that.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 4, 2020 03:59

Via CNN:

Don't expect full sports stadiums until at least the end of the summer, Dr. Fauci says

By Naomi Thomas, CNN
Updated 11:28 AM ET, Wed December 2, 2020

Dr. Fauci says...

"Fauci said he thinks the possibility of full NBA arenas in July, when the NBA Finals is scheduled, will be "cutting it close."
When asked about full NFL stadiums in September, he said it's "possible."'

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7475767778798081828384...LastNext
Current Page: 79 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1783
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home