Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7374757677787980818283...LastNext
Current Page: 78 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 25, 2020 22:56

Way too many obstacles and uncertainties for the Stones to plan anything anywhere in the foreseeable future.
I highly doubt this tour will ever be rescheduled (San Diego already cancelled), and also agree with Bjornulf - 2022 at the earliest for any shows, but even that's a BIG if.
By then, they might be content with a short residency somewhere without the hassle of travel, etc. I predict London as a possibility for the grand finale, but not placing any bets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-25 22:56 by Hairball.

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: October 26, 2020 00:11

Yep, 2021 shows will not happen. Even with the vaccine supposedly available to the general public by April (I remain skeptical) it’s still not gonna turn around that fast. MAYBE the Stones could push their tour back to August-October 2021, but there’s no reason to even be optimistic about that.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: October 26, 2020 00:43

I’d say the chances of any large scale shows in 2021 are remote at best.

Reality is that it will be 2022 before we see shows at the same scale as the Stones.

I think it’s possible that mid size shows (small to large theaters) could resume in Fall/Winter 2021.

Anything sooner than that feels like wishful thinking at best.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-26 00:45 by Dougratajczak87.

Date: October 26, 2020 01:21

It might take 5 to 10 years to find a vaccin against the Covid-19 virus. (Source below). Any big gigs towards 2022 is very optimistic.

[www.rivm.nl].

[www.worldometers.info]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 26, 2020 01:31

While at the beginning of the article above it states "It takes a long time to develop a vaccine for a new infectious disease, usually as long as 5 to 10 years",
in that last paragraph it states: "The development of a vaccine normally takes 10 to 15 years. Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the aim is to develop a vaccine within one year".

Time will tell....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-26 01:33 by Hairball.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 26, 2020 01:39

Mo money's still on mid to late 2021.
But I am by nature an optimist, winking smiley

From today:
Fauci says a Covid vaccine maybe ready by November but will take months to roll out

Anthony Fauci has said that a vaccine against Covid-19 could be ready by next month, but that it will take several months for it to roll out.
"I think we will know whether a vaccine is safe and effective by the end of November, the beginning of December," he said

"The question is, once you have a safe and effective vaccine, or more than one, how can you get it to the people who need it as soon as possible."

Dr Fauci said it will likely take several months to be distributed, but he hoped that the vaccine, coupled with a continuation of public health measures like face masks and social distancing, could help move the US towards “some form of normality” by the middle of next year.
[www.independent.co.uk]

Date: October 26, 2020 02:05

MisterDDDD
Mo money's still on mid to late 2021.
But I am by nature an optimist, winking smiley

From today:
Fauci says a Covid vaccine maybe ready by November but will take months to roll out

Anthony Fauci has said that a vaccine against Covid-19 could be ready by next month, but that it will take several months for it to roll out.
"I think we will know whether a vaccine is safe and effective by the end of November, the beginning of December," he said

"The question is, once you have a safe and effective vaccine, or more than one, how can you get it to the people who need it as soon as possible."

Dr Fauci said it will likely take several months to be distributed, but he hoped that the vaccine, coupled with a continuation of public health measures like face masks and social distancing, could help move the US towards “some form of normality” by the middle of next year.
[www.independent.co.uk]

I think this is our best case scenario, and I really hope he's right!! Rather that means Stones shows with 50,000+ in attendance is another matter. I was so looking forward to the Cleveland show!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 26, 2020 08:44

There is a lot of politics in this matter unfortunately. Many people are highly vaccine skeptical, also many people ignore the fact that the pandemic is here. There will be a vaccine approved within 2-3 months, probably, as there are now more than 100 candidates in the works, of which a dozen or so at the final stage before approval.

Still, several vaccine experts say it will be may be 75% protection, never 100%. Partly because a vaccine is never 100% working, partly because many people will not take the vaccine due to political or other reasons, partly because it will only give you antibodies for may be six months. Then you need another vaccine, and so on, like with the annual flu.

The Rolling Stones are in the 70's. Also, a lot of their fans are 60+. The time is ticking. The first seven months of this pandemic is showing no sign of the pandemic going away, and the overoptimistic talks about vaccine and "it's just a flu" will not make any tour. In a world where people trust and follow science, we might have a tour in 2022, but with all the people without masks and without respect for the danger of the pandemic, I am afraid the tour last year was my last Stones tour.

Bjornulf

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: October 26, 2020 08:58

bv
I am afraid the tour last year was my last Stones tour.

You might be afraid, but don't believe it is so until you know for sure. I remain optimistic that we will see the boys again, whenever that is.

plexi

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: October 26, 2020 09:07

Nate
I will wait until it is time to be in the pit again.

Nate

That's a good way of putting it.

plexi

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 26, 2020 10:29

Time for a re-think .

I'd love to see them do a series of Pay Per Views , with completely different set lists...

... and without being too greedy with the price. winking smiley

Date: October 26, 2020 13:31

The Rolling Stones are a live band. They are their best with a real crowd, a large crowd. Sure they might be able to finish their album at some point, without putting themselves at risk in a world packed with the deadly corona virus. Sure they might do some sort of "canned" performance at some point. Still, the 2020 shows - with large crowds - will never happen, not even in 2021. It's not really rocket science. It's the nature of denial, and the virus that will be still around for a long time, due to the many people fail to take it seriously.

Bjornulf

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: October 27, 2020 01:20

bv
The Rolling Stones are a live band. They are their best with a real crowd, a large crowd. Sure they might be able to finish their album at some point, without putting themselves at risk in a world packed with the deadly corona virus. Sure they might do some sort of "canned" performance at some point. Still, the 2020 shows - with large crowds - will never happen, not even in 2021. It's not really rocket science. It's the nature of denial, and the virus that will be still around for a long time, due to the many people fail to take it seriously.

What a party pooper. :-)

Your probably stating what we all suspect but only the most optimistic hope is incorrect. :-(

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: October 27, 2020 02:46

kovach
bv

Your probably stating what we all suspect but only the most optimistic hope is incorrect. :-(

You have a lot of balls to tell BV that

Date: October 27, 2020 04:16

BV is spot on. I have friends that still think everything will be back to normal by next summer... they're not paying attention. This thing has SO MUCH momentum, it could potentially take YEARS to stop, even with the greatest vaccines. I don't even think it's pessimistic to say no concerts in 2021... I think it's just the way it is. I'd like to say I'm optimistic for 2022, but who knows?

I think it's possible that things will start going back to normal by next summer. But 50,000 people at a Stones concert, football game, etc? No. I can see maybe doing a stadium show and letting 20,000 people in. That may be an option for other artists, but not the Stones.

Date: October 27, 2020 10:38

Large crowds is the number one super spreader event for the corona virus. That is why the virus is sort of contradicting any new Stones tours.

Experts say the problem with the Covid-19 pandemic is the fact that it is too little deadly. The fatality rate is depending on age and underlying conditions. If it had been like Ebola, with 50% or so fatality rate, then everybody would have got it.

We have learned a lot during these seven months, since most countries went into lock down. Based on what we have learned, and seen, how people act on rules and recommendations, my personal opinion, which is in line with most health authorities, is the fact that we will have the corona pandemic around for still a year more. It will not simply just vanish.

I love to tour with the Stones, but I am realistic. I am making other plans these days. I am dreaming of a 2022 tour, but I am pretty sure 2021 will be messy, no tours, just more of the same we have had up to now, unfortunately.

And please do not blame it on me, I have been at home for seven months now, and I do all the recommendations. Blame it on those who don't care.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 27, 2020 10:42

All exactly right...

And that's why some PPVs with a small Covid secure audience might be a way to go for some artists itching to get back on stage.

[and it would be great to see Mick working that "postage stamp" that Keith always talks about...he must be fed up and tired with all that running about by now winking smiley]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-27 11:17 by Spud.

Date: October 27, 2020 12:32

Are there any other major acts that have kept their 2020 tour in a postponed status without cancelling or rescheduling yet?

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: October 27, 2020 14:01

Plenty have rescheduled or announced new tours for 2021. I suppose it keeps their bank accounts full. Examples ;

The Who rescheduled to March 2021
Eric Clapton new dates May 2021

I just can't see them happening.

sc uk

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: October 27, 2020 14:30

Cooltoplady
kovach
bv

You have a lot of balls to tell BV that

It was a joke and I hope it was taken as such.

BV is just being practical and realistic and I get it.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 27, 2020 14:58

If I were offered free Rolling Stones concert tickets tomorrow, I would gladly attend; and to hell with social-distancing. Sadly, bv is probably right, however.

Date: October 27, 2020 15:18

bv
Blame it on those who don't care.

Who doesn't care, exactly? Those who disobey the face-covering rules? If so, I do agree. However, every time I go to a restaurant or bar - it's becoming a more frequent thing, despite the virus - I observe well-behaved patrons, who just wish to have some form of normality back. I think, generally, many - and I can only speak for here in the U.K. - are just a little fed-up with the government's flip-flopping and arbitrary measures; not all of them, but some: 'rule of six', 'social bubbles', pubs that 'serve a substantial meal', etc. Some of what we are experiencing here is verging on the nonsensical and plain ridiculous. Complex rules that are, now, really beginning to try the, largely, obedient British public.

Date: October 27, 2020 16:43

I don't want to turn this thread into a covid-19 thread, because then people will just start mixing politics and conspiracy theories here. Just a quick comment on those who do not care, which is basically the reason why there can not be a Stones tour this year or next year.

Norway have got one on the smallest number of corona cases per capita, in Europe, because we sort of live in a world where most people care. We have rules of quarantine when you arrive from "red" countries, which is basically every country, and there are rules of adding your name and phone number to a list in every restaurant, so that the tracing teams may call you up when there is a problem. For most of the time, we live just normal. I go to the store, I have a meat at a restaurant, and I can see my children and grandchildren. I never wear a mask, because I am never close to other people indoor for more than a few seconds.

So these are the ones who do not care:

One person had been into something like nine bars in two hours. He was covid positive, and something like 400 people had to go into quarantine for 10 days because of this one person who did not care. We are advised not to meet many people close up like that.

Some people write the name of their cat or dog on the name list at the restaurant, also fake phone numbers, because they do not want to go into quarantine in case something is happening. So these do not care.

One person was phoned up by the tracing people, and asked to go into quarantine, because he had been at a party with close contact with one who tested positive. He said he could not quarantine, because he had a flight the next day.

Some are called up by the tracing team and they say they did not attend the party where there was a covid-19 outbreak. Then they call the other people on the same list, and the next people on the list confirm that those who claim they were not there sure they were there.

Keeping a distance of 2 meter i.e. 6 feet will keep approx 80% of the virus cases away from a person. Still I have people on my back almost every time I go to the shops, I can feel them breathing into my back. They don't care, or they don't think about the pandemic.

Wearing a mask will prevent approx 50% of the virus to get to you, when you are in a packed crowd. Still many don't care, even when they are in packed crowds or on the metro etc.

If you stay at home you keep 100% of the virus away. If you wear a mask and you keep a distance then you are at 0.2 x 0.5 risk i.e. 10% risk, which is ten times safer than others who do not follow any of these advices.

New Zealand have been doing great, they have rugby games with 40,000 people in the crowd. Melbourne Australia just finished a two months lock down and they may now live more normal. China test every person in any city, even if the city is having a population of 8-12 million people. Most of Asia is doing great. Africa is doing well. Cuba have a close down and they suffer of the lack of tourists, but people don't die from covid-19, in those numbers we do see in other places.

I do still remember what the Swedish King said in his speech at the start of the lock down mid March: "There will be a time when you will ask yourself what you did in order to protect others"... Now we are seven month into the pandemic. It will last another year, most probably, but one day it will be under control. There will be a vaccine. Not tomorrow, but may be some time next year. Meanwhile, we have to do our best. Meanwhile, we can not see the Stones live. Meanwhile, Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie need to keep themselves safe, with all the measures needed, because they might not survive the virus. And because the virus will be around for a long time still. If we do not keep it away, approx one percent of the population will die from it. That is completely unethical, completely unacceptable. May be that 1% of people are just old people, but me and you and Mick and Keith and Charlie and Ronnie are also old people. There is no one to be lost.

No worries about hanging on to the tickets for the 2020 tour, but it will take a long while until they will be valid, if any time.

Bjornulf

Date: October 27, 2020 17:05

As unacceptable and unethical it may be, it's still only one percent. Why should so many suffer for the very, very few. The vulnerable? By all means: do more to protect them. Keep them sheltered; monitor their whereabouts.By that statistic alone, we know that the vast, vast majority of the global population need to be allowed to live their lives. The average-age of those who've passed-away from Covid-related illness in England and Wales is eighty-two. That's right: eighty-two years-old. Economies have to recover. Mental-health is at stake for so many, also. I'm happy to wear a covering; I'm happy to keep a distance. Just please, no more further restrictions or draconian sanctions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-27 17:11 by Big Al.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: October 27, 2020 17:12

Well Big Al you just proved BV is right. Case closed. Youre the problem

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 27, 2020 17:27

Cooltoplady

smileys with beer BV said it perfectly and as expected the problems float to the top.

Date: October 27, 2020 17:33

Cooltoplady

No, I am not the problem. I obey the measures. Disagreeing with some aspects is my democratic right.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: October 27, 2020 18:06

Such great words by bv, thank you for that. Usually I'm always excited to watch out for the popular posters to seek news about future live shows.
Now I have to admit I haven't got to IORR as often as I used to, I hope that this community will stay together and that there will be another Stones concert one day.

A few days back I got my refund for the San Diego Lucky Dip tickets, such a sad moment. These tickets have had another value beyond the money. So many great experiences, I'm remembering 2017, 2018 and 2019 and how the excitement was rising before a show, getting to know where I'd be, sometimes being very lucky and having so many unforgettable nights thhanks to the Stones. As a relatively young fan, I'm 21, I even met my ex girlfriend at a No Filter Stones concert.

These are great memories I think everyone of us has, and I'm just crossing my fingers right now that after this virus is under control, we might have another go.

Even if it won't be the US, maybe Australia or small club concerts, I think many of us would go wherever they'd play. But of course safety comes first and we first have to think of the millions of people who are in danger right now.

I know there will be a time where I will live on this planet and the Stones as a live band will be no more. I hope we are still a couple of years away from that time.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 27, 2020 19:09

we will see The Stones again. It just will take time. All of this will be behind us someday.

Date: October 27, 2020 19:56

Some think they can isolate the people age 0-65 from the older ages 65-100+. Let the party roll for "normal" people and then just close the nursing homes for the elderly etc. Well the young people have families, they work in hospitals, they have brothers and sisters, some of them work work in nursing homes, at hospitals, etc. Many have parents and older relatives, at risk.

If the virus is out of control then three million people will die in USA, 100,000 people will die in Sweden, six hundred thousand will die in UK and so on. The one percent people some don't care about. Meanwhile, as the hospitals are busy with ventilators missing and oxygen missing and sick nurses and sick and dead doctors, they will not be able to handle heart attacks or hip surgery or back surgery or kidney transplantation or other emergency surgery, because the hospitals are in emergency, totally swamped by corona cases. We had that in March/April, all over the world, and it is coming back now in the Northern Hemisphere, for the next six months, because we move indoor, and because some do not care.

Pubs are closing in UK, Spain, Italy, France etc are implementing more restrictions, as the numbers of cases grow rapidly, the corona test tents here where I live used to be open noon to 2pm for two hours, testing may be 350 people out of our 100,000 total every day, today they were open at least for 5pm, with long queues, very busy, with rapidly increasing cases. They do still have only 1% to 2% of the total tests positive, but more and more people catch a cold, they feel sick, or they do really have covid-19, so they test themselves, then the tracing people start their work, tracing an average of 10-12 contacts per person. Some have 80 close contacts these days. Then the governments have two options: Take control, or give up.

Because some give up, there will be no Stones tour. I keep this very Stones related, because no tour may be replaced by no football or no baseball and so on. No crowds. We care about the Stones. Others care about pubs, restaurants, work, business, travel, whatever. Everything will halt if we do not care.

By the way, the "herd immunity" does not do the trick. You are immune for 3-6 months, as it seems, then later on, like the flu, you may get it one more time. Meanwhile one percent of the population died before the socalled herd immunity was reached. A vaccine for everybody is the only thing that will get the Stones on tour. It will be here in 2021 some time. Then tour in 2022. May be.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7374757677787980818283...LastNext
Current Page: 78 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1873
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home