Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7172737475767778798081...LastNext
Current Page: 76 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 11, 2020 03:21

daspyknows
Hairball
Wondering how long the Stones will hold peoples money before they either announce some rescheduled dates, or ultimately flat out cancel. Based on Mick's latest statements, seems they have no idea if or when they'll be able to play live again, and when you consider the "out of control" nature of the virus in the States, highly doubt rescheduling shows here is a priority for them. Roger Waters is another who is holding out on any announcements regarding his postponed US Tour which would have been in full swing right now....not sure what they're waiting for...maybe a miracle?

No news is good news in that regard. We all had the chance for refunds (not like some in Europe) but some of us chose to wait it out. I have a couple of Stones tickets, 5 Roger Waters shows and a Stephen Stills and Neil Young benefit that are big dollar tickets. Given my money making nothing I can wait it out. Do I think there will be shows next year? Probably not but I don't want to give up my specific seats just in case.

I was refunded for everything as soon as I could (Stones, Waters, ZZ Top, etc., etc., etc.), and reinvested my money which has basically doubled since then.
Helps that my cousin is a mastermind stock investor (with UCLA credentials), but even without his help would have found something to invest or spend my money on vs. letting it sit in limbo with no end in sight.
If and when this clears up, I'll happily reinvest in some concerts - especially the Stones and Roger Waters, and as it turns out the coveted Pit tix for San Diego reappeared the last time I checked.
Still though, with San Diego stadium on the chopping block scheduled for demolition towards the end of 2021, the window for them to reschedule and play there gets narrower and narrower by the day....

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: August 11, 2020 03:23

I feel the same way. I have tickets for San Diego, Vancouver, Detroit, St Louis, & Charlotte. I have pit for Detroit. I really don't think we will see pis again. Can you imagine everyone in masks in the pit?

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: August 11, 2020 03:25

Sorry, I meant "pits" not "pis"!

Date: August 11, 2020 03:30

I jokingly wrote way back in March or April I think it was that in order for there to be Pits, everyone will have to be issued gas masks and hazmat suits...
Doesn't sound so funny anymore, and it's probably closer to the truth than it is a joke...strange days...doubt we'll see Pits again for at least a couple of years...probably way more than that.

EDIT: Just heard a brief snippet on the news the entire college football season in the US is to be cancelled...not too surprising really, but it really sucks for all the universities/colleges, their teams, and the fans...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-11 03:34 by Hairball.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 11, 2020 09:09

But live shows are really something, concerts of every kind, rock,
classical and theater, every kind of live show business, so to speak,
is obviously going to be one of the last things, I think, that is
going to come back to any normality. I mean, it’s just not financially
possible to run an opera with 50 people in the theater. So I don’t
know what the live show for rock ‘n’ roll or pop music is going to be
next year. I don’t see much happening. Maybe this year in some places,
but I don’t know what’s going to happen

............. Mick Jagger with Mark Olsen -- LA Times 7 August 2020

ROCKMAN

Posted by: pftw04 ()
Date: August 11, 2020 13:04

THE ROLLING STONES ad their future thread been closed because actually there is no future for them. Things would not get to normal before mid of next year. And till then we need to maintain social distance and all. Even sports are taking place behind the doors. Did you ever imagine US open to take place without spectators ?, but it is happening. And THE ROLLING STONES touring in 2022 is something not to expect, as they will be 80 years old. I don't think Mick Jagger will be jumping at 80 years and performing Jumping Jack Flash, Start me up and all. So folks, just play their albums and enjoys. Some people here bash about Undercover, Steel Wheel, Dirty Work. But personally I like all their albums. And my only wish is that they shuld release one last album. A farewell album

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: August 11, 2020 13:39

Sockers56
I feel the same way. I have tickets for San Diego, Vancouver, Detroit, St Louis, & Charlotte. I have pit for Detroit. I really don't think we will see pis again. Can you imagine everyone in masks in the pit?
yes i got mine ready smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: September 15, 2020 19:43

[www.sandiegouniontribune.com]

Rolling Stones, which was set to launch 2020 ‘No Filter’ tour in San Diego, cancels SDCCU Stadium concert

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: September 15, 2020 20:01

Interesting!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: September 15, 2020 20:02

Lien

Rolling Stones, which was set to launch 2020 ‘No Filter’ tour in San Diego, cancels SDCCU Stadium concert

This will be moved to the new stadium in LA at higher prices if it occurs.

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: September 15, 2020 20:13

Lien

In related story on that link, SDSU states they are accelerating development of the new stadium, as well as the demolition of existing stadium. Demo of existing stadium will now occur in Spring 2021.

Date: September 15, 2020 20:33

Not surprised.

"“The promoter, Concerts West, is working now to secure a suitable SoCal venue for the show.
Ticket holders for the cancelled SDCCU Stadium show will be offered an exclusive pre-sale to the rescheduled concert"

Even if/when they find a "suitable SoCal venue" (which shouldn't be a problem as there are several), how are they going to possibly decide on a new date?
There's still way too many obstacles to overcome, but who knows...maybe 'Operation Warp Speed' will result in a vaccine sooner rather than later.
Then change the name of the tour from No Filter to No Virus, and everything should work out great...yep...

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: September 15, 2020 21:21

Not surprised either, as the contract was probably with the city, and the stadium has now officially changed hands to SDSU. Am wondering about the Lucky Dips for this concert though, will Ticketmaster automatically refund? Will we be able to transfer to an LA or Vegas concert if one is scheduled? It is another opportunity to buy Pit tickets again, though that is practically impossible in LA. Vegas would be awesome!

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: September 16, 2020 06:19

Interesting...Ticketmaster is still selling tickets for the San Diego show but
yet there was an announcement today the show was officially cancelled.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 16, 2020 07:16

pftw04
THE ROLLING STONES ad their future thread been closed because actually there is no future for them. Things would not get to normal before mid of next year. And till then we need to maintain social distance and all. Even sports are taking place behind the doors. Did you ever imagine US open to take place without spectators ?, but it is happening. And THE ROLLING STONES touring in 2022 is something not to expect, as they will be 80 years old. I don't think Mick Jagger will be jumping at 80 years and performing Jumping Jack Flash, Start me up and all. So folks, just play their albums and enjoys. Some people here bash about Undercover, Steel Wheel, Dirty Work. But personally I like all their albums. And my only wish is that they shuld release one last album. A farewell album

I remember in 81 critics were writing the Stones off as being too old back then! Mick Jagger is going to be 40 soon, he's too old to rock!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: September 16, 2020 08:38

Does anyone still have the tickets they bought? I still do.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 16, 2020 08:46

I wonder if the other dates will follow in being cancelled, but I would imagine that it is only SD at this point due to the pending demolition of the stade.

plexi

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 16, 2020 10:14

I guess at this point they want to keep their contract to do the tour, lay low and keep it postponed, otherwise they would just have to start over (and lose money).

So I agree with you Tim, there's no reason (or intention) for them to just cancel the whole tour at this time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-16 10:19 by Topi.

Date: September 16, 2020 10:17

2014Slayer
Am wondering about the Lucky Dips for this concert though, will Ticketmaster automatically refund? Will we be able to transfer to an LA or Vegas concert if one is scheduled?

Usually you cannot transfer your tickets to another venue. At least I have never heard of that. They would just refund everybody automatically and eventually start over. As far as Lucky Dips, it will be interesting to see how they deal with that. If there's supposed to be this "exclusive presale" for previous San Diego ticket holders, will LDs be a part of that? Or only afterwards at the general sale, whenever that is?

I guess there's still too many questions up in the air on this one. Right now they're trying to find the replacement venue. Not sure if they are able to announce a show with a TBA date.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-16 11:30 by Topi.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 16, 2020 17:21

Justin

Yes. I do. For three shows.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 16, 2020 17:56

More Hot Rocks
Justin

Yes. I do. For three shows.

Same.
Three shows. Two of them Lucky Dips.
Two of the venues (Austin/SD) will no longer be viable though.
(believe the race track closed)
Strange days indeed cool smiley

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: September 16, 2020 18:41

I also kept my tickets. Too many hoops to jump through not to have kept them.

Date: September 16, 2020 18:56

Haven’t done an analysis on every show but based upon TM seating maps it looks like a a good number of people have held onto their tickets, all things considered. Hoping a Fall 2021 tour will be possible with an announcement by year-end.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: September 16, 2020 19:04

TumblinDice76
I also kept my tickets. Too many hoops to jump through not to have kept them.

Me too for St. Louis.

Date: September 16, 2020 21:47

makemeburnthecandle
Haven’t done an analysis on every show but based upon TM seating maps it looks like a a good number of people have held onto their tickets, all things considered. Hoping a Fall 2021 tour will be possible with an announcement by year-end.

How would a fall tour work with NFL stadiums though? I know, it's been done before, but if I recall correctly, last year they hsd to squeeze the reacheduled shows in time before the start of the NFL pre-season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-16 21:58 by Topi.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 16, 2020 22:03

makemeburnthecandle

I wouldn’t bet 2 pence on that outcome, unfortunately. Year End is only 3 and a half months away and no way will a vaccine be tried and tested and universally available by then. That is an absolute must for a tour. They won’t announce anything on the likely availability of a vaccine. They need certainty or their insurers willing run a mile.

Date: September 16, 2020 22:03

No more San Diego tickets on sale on Ticketmaster. I bet we'll hear from the band or TM soon.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 16, 2020 23:26

I read on my phone that people with SD tickets will get first crack at tickets at a new venue, when it is announced.
(Sorry no link, at present.)

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: September 16, 2020 23:49

It seems risky to sell tickets for a future show while not knowing, if or
what, new requirements may be for large live shows.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: September 17, 2020 00:01

Just got this from TM

Hello Rolling Stones Fan,

Due to the closing of SDCCU Stadium, the (postponed) Rolling Stones concert is now canceled, which requires that your seats be refunded. New venue and show date, TBA.

What do I need to do?

Nothing, we will automatically process your refund! Due to the unprecedented volume of cancellations, you can expect to receive your refund in as soon as 30 days.

Great, how do I secure new tickets?

As a current ticket holder, you will be given priority presale access for the new show.

Be on the lookout for a separate email from us once details become available.

Questions? Please reply to this email, or get answers right now

Thanks for being a fan.

Ticketmaster Fan Support

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7172737475767778798081...LastNext
Current Page: 76 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1725
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home