Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7071727374757677787980...LastNext
Current Page: 75 of 157
Re: Atlanta postpond to March 2022?
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: June 25, 2020 08:30

If Ticketmaster says it's a dummy date, it probably is a dummy date. Ticketmaster Finland has - probably for technical reasons - placed "dummy dates" for at least two concerts that were postponed due to COVID-19: Santana and KISS. Both events have the same "dummy date" of December 31, 2020...at the same arena. winking smiley

So that March 2022 date likely doesn't mean anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-25 09:17 by Topi.

Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 28, 2020 00:39

Should be standing in the Merch line in St. Louis right now.....

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 28, 2020 02:01

TumblinDice76

I feel your pain. I missed three shows already.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: June 28, 2020 06:30

TumblinDice76

OMG I have thought about this all day. I had many plans, vacations, trips all effed by Covid. The Stones tour gutted me the most.

Posted by: roryg ()
Date: June 28, 2020 14:20

I would have been standing next to you.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 28, 2020 15:45

Everything has been completely turned upside down and yes, the loss of the tour was a huge disappointment.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: June 28, 2020 18:19

roryg
I would have been standing next to you.

Me too.

Date: June 28, 2020 20:22

steffialicia
Everything has been completely turned upside down and yes, the loss of the tour was a huge disappointment.

We haven't officially lost it yet! winking smiley

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 29, 2020 00:22

If Covid-19 hadn't happened I would have caught 2 Stones shows, The Stephen Stills/Neil Young Autism benefit and I would be on the Ben Harper tour right now.

Instead I just bought a new offset smoker bbq with the money not spent.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 30, 2020 23:21

Rosanne Cash tweeted this story out yesterday along with a request for people to sign a petition against it.
"It's unconscionable for Live Nation to put the onus on artists for gigs that are cancelled because of the pandemic.
You can sign a petition in opposition and I hope you will" [twitter.com]

Live Nation Wants Artists to Take Pay Cuts and Cancelation Burdens for Shows in 2021
In a memo obtained by Rolling Stone, Live Nation cites “unprecedented times” and “the exponential rise of certain costs” as reasons for adjusting payment policies

There’s still no telling when music venues will be able to reopen their doors to large crowds of concertgoers, and Live Nation — the largest live events company in North America — is making changes seemingly in reaction to the uncertainty. In a recent memo obtained by Rolling Stone, the company told its talent partners that it plans to make an array of alterations for concerts and festivals held in 2021.

Most of the new policies shift financial burdens to artists: For example, the company wants to decrease the monetary guarantees promised to artists before an event by 20% across the board. Live Nation also says that if a concert is cancelled due to poor ticket sales, it will give artists 25% of the guarantee (as opposed to the 100% that promoters are currently expected to pay). Moreover, if an artist cancels a performance in breach of the agreement, the artist will pay the promoter two times the artist’s fee — a type of penalty that, as Billboard notes, is unheard of in the live music industry.

“We are fully aware of the significance of these changes, and we did not make these changes without serious consideration,” Live Nation wrote. The company did not respond to request for comment.
[www.rollingstone.com]

Date: July 1, 2020 14:23

erbissell
Still no pit tickets for San Diego though :|

Both pits are now available for face value for San Diego. 499 USD + fees.

[www.ticketmaster.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-01 14:24 by Topi.

Posted by: Captain Teague ()
Date: July 1, 2020 14:44

MisterDDDD
Rosanne Cash tweeted this story out yesterday along with a request for people to sign a petition against it.
"It's unconscionable for Live Nation to put the onus on artists for gigs that are cancelled because of the pandemic.

Live Nation Wants Artists to Take Pay Cuts and Cancelation Burdens for Shows in 2021
In a memo obtained by Rolling Stone, Live Nation cites “unprecedented times” and “the exponential rise of certain costs” as reasons for adjusting payment policies

There’s still no telling when music venues will be able to reopen their doors to large crowds of concertgoers, and Live Nation — the largest live events company in North America — is making changes seemingly in reaction to the uncertainty. In a recent memo obtained by Rolling Stone, the company told its talent partners that it plans to make an array of alterations for concerts and festivals held in 2021.

Most of the new policies shift financial burdens to artists: For example, the company wants to decrease the monetary guarantees promised to artists before an event by 20% across the board. Live Nation also says that if a concert is cancelled due to poor ticket sales, it will give artists 25% of the guarantee (as opposed to the 100% that promoters are currently expected to pay). Moreover, if an artist cancels a performance in breach of the agreement, the artist will pay the promoter two times the artist’s fee — a type of penalty that, as Billboard notes, is unheard of in the live music industry.

“We are fully aware of the significance of these changes, and we did not make these changes without serious consideration,” Live Nation wrote. The company did not respond to request for comment.
[www.rollingstone.com]

Live Nation / Ticketb*stard should go forth and reproduce! Not content with ripping punters off with add-on fees for a computer generated ticket selling process, now they want to rip off the artists too. I hope they go out of business.

Posted by: lougio ()
Date: July 1, 2020 16:56

Reality has really set in today. Greg would be flying in from Syracuse any day now and we would be getting ready for the July 5th show in Tampa. Had great seats 3 rows up at the corner of the stage on Keith’s side.
Instead I’m laying in bed with the Corona virus. What the @#$%& happened to our world. How could we ever let it get this bad in the USA. I guess I never knew that I was living among millions of people that don’t have the common sense to show even a little respect for a pandemic that could kill us.
I can only say this to everyone reading this thread. If you are not in the US don’t come here it’s not safe. If you are already here stay home and be safe.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: July 1, 2020 17:35

lougio-I felt the same way on Saturday when the St. Louis show should have gone on. I plan on spending the 4th listening to 7/4/15 Indy.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: July 1, 2020 17:53

lougio
Reality has really set in today. Greg would be flying in from Syracuse any day now and we would be getting ready for the July 5th show in Tampa. Had great seats 3 rows up at the corner of the stage on Keith’s side.
Instead I’m laying in bed with the Corona virus. What the @#$%& happened to our world. How could we ever let it get this bad in the USA. I guess I never knew that I was living among millions of people that don’t have the common sense to show even a little respect for a pandemic that could kill us.
I can only say this to everyone reading this thread. If you are not in the US don’t come here it’s not safe. If you are already here stay home and be safe.

Sorry to hear you are sick. I hope recovery is speedy.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: July 1, 2020 19:38

lougio

I'm so sorry to hear this. I was also scheduled to go to Tampa and Atlanta. I live in Florida. You are 100% right with what you're saying. It's getting very bad here and like you I don't know how we could have let it get this bad. On second thought, I do know what contributed to it getting this bad. I hope you recover quickly. Hugs.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-07-01 19:51 by steffialicia.

Date: July 2, 2020 00:08

Thank You

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: July 2, 2020 06:04

lougio

Lougio, we hope you a complete recovery with little to no damage to your lungs. We've been on Shelter-In-Place here in Oakland, Ca. for 107 days. Most of "us" in the bay area and Northern California being considerate of each other we were doing well. Then all hell broke loose (for good reason) and with things opening up, we're "spiking" upward. We'll just have to start over, @#$%&. We'll see.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: July 2, 2020 06:41

lougio

Lougio, I hope you recover ok too. My daughter and I were supposed to fly from San Diego to Tampa tomorrow, I was taking her to her first Stones concert, Pit tickets on Ronnie's side! We were going to watch fireworks from my friend's house in Largo, and go to the Dali Museum on the 6th. Holding on to our tickets still and SW Airlines has extended credit until Sept. 2022.

Date: July 2, 2020 08:18

lougio

Been there, done that. Take care of yourself and hope you get through it.

Date: July 2, 2020 08:20

swaff
lougio

Lougio, we hope you a complete recovery with little to no damage to your lungs. We've been on Shelter-In-Place here in Oakland, Ca. for 107 days. Most of "us" in the bay area and Northern California being considerate of each other we were doing well. Then all hell broke loose (for good reason) and with things opening up, we're "spiking" upward. We'll just have to start over, @#$%&. We'll see.

We are neighbors. The SF Bay Area has generally done the right thing. Still an issue here despite the efforts.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: July 3, 2020 09:40

Captain Teague
MisterDDDD

[www.rollingstone.com]

Live Nation / Ticketb*stard should go forth and reproduce! Not content with ripping punters off with add-on fees for a computer generated ticket selling process, now they want to rip off the artists too. I hope they go out of business.

They have been overpaying artists the past 2 decades because they need acts to play their venues and festivals, now reality is setting in. Most acts were all too happy to help Live Nation become a monopoly by taking these inflated paychecks and now this is one of the consequences. Now the acts don't have to play Live Nation events, assuming their are any independent venues left.

Date: July 9, 2020 18:17

I actually live in Largo. Hopefully see you in 2022

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: July 30, 2020 06:33

[www.sandiegouniontribune.com]

Looks like SDSU plans on knockin' down SDCCU Stadium starting around Nov/Dec 2021 after their next football season would end... it appears a reschedule for The Stones in San Diego would have to be prior to this.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 10, 2020 00:25

The recent "Rolling Stones future" thread is past (closed), so will post quotes from Mick's interview with Mark Olsen of The Los Angeles Times here:

The release of “The Burnt Orange Heresy” was cut short and it’s now being rereleased, plus the Rolling Stones had to postpone a series of tour dates. I assume that your life usually is pretty well scheduled, so these last few months must have felt like a real change for you.

I’m just the same as everyone else. We’ve all had to change our lives in lots of ways. And even though things have kind of eased up in Europe a lot, opening up and stuff, it was a bit of a shock to the system. Talking about the movie, it was very disappointing that it never got to really come out because the lockdown was the week of release. And then we had to postpone the Stones tour, and so that’s a bit of an unknown factor as to what next year is going to bring — for all parts of the entertainment business, really.

I think films are being shot now in some places and it’s quite difficult to shoot, because there’s so many measures to keep everyone safe. Life on a film set is always a bit fraught anyway, quite often a tight space, tensions, that sort of a thing. And so I’m sure right now shooting is even more difficult, with all the restrictions involved.

But live shows are really something, concerts of every kind, rock, classical and theater, every kind of live show business, so to speak, is obviously going to be one of the last things, I think, that is going to come back to any normality. I mean, it’s just not financially possible to run an opera with 50 people in the theater. So I don’t know what the live show for rock ‘n’ roll or pop music is going to be next year. I don’t see much happening. Maybe this year in some places, but I don’t know what’s going to happen.

[www.latimes.com]

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 10, 2020 10:12

quote bye bye Johnny
The recent "Rolling Stones future" thread is past (closed)

Why was it closed?

plexi

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 10, 2020 11:31

timbernardis

Why was it closed?

Probably too much off-topic discussion - [iorr.org] ....

Date: August 10, 2020 14:26

This is a bit of off-topic as well, but Rod Stewart just rescheduled his 2020 Australia dates to 2022.

That's the first act I've seen postpone their shows that far ahead.

[cravepodcast.com]

(However, Rod's USA/Canada dates were rescheduled to 2021. That was announced in June)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-10 14:43 by Topi.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 10, 2020 22:07

Wondering how long the Stones will hold peoples money before they either announce some rescheduled dates, or ultimately flat out cancel. Based on Mick's latest statements, seems they have no idea if or when they'll be able to play live again, and when you consider the "out of control" nature of the virus in the States, highly doubt rescheduling shows here is a priority for them. Roger Waters is another who is holding out on any announcements regarding his postponed US Tour which would have been in full swing right now....not sure what they're waiting for...maybe a miracle?

Date: August 11, 2020 02:34

Hairball
Wondering how long the Stones will hold peoples money before they either announce some rescheduled dates, or ultimately flat out cancel. Based on Mick's latest statements, seems they have no idea if or when they'll be able to play live again, and when you consider the "out of control" nature of the virus in the States, highly doubt rescheduling shows here is a priority for them. Roger Waters is another who is holding out on any announcements regarding his postponed US Tour which would have been in full swing right now....not sure what they're waiting for...maybe a miracle?

No news is good news in that regard. We all had the chance for refunds (not like some in Europe) but some of us chose to wait it out. I have a couple of Stones tickets, 5 Roger Waters shows and a Stephen Stills and Neil Young benefit that are big dollar tickets. Given my money making nothing I can wait it out. Do I think there will be shows next year? Probably not but I don't want to give up my specific seats just in case.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7071727374757677787980...LastNext
Current Page: 75 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1820
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home