Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6768697071727374757677...LastNext
Current Page: 72 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 13, 2020 15:40

stonesstein
bv
It is hard to run a stadium show with six feet distance and masks for all people. It would be hard to perform in front of masked people. You can't drink beer or have a hot dog with a mask, without spreading the virus to yourself and others.

It is hard to travel into new cities every four days without meeting someone who have the virus. Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie should stay at home until there is a vaccine.

We escaped SARS and MERS easily. Most people seems to have forgotten about the 1918 pandemic, but back then we did not have large stadium shows. It is a sad fact that travel and especially large crowds in tight venues will be unacceptable for a long while, until there is a vaccine.

My last show was Miami 2019. May be there will be a vaccine within 1-2 years, then may be I could see them live again, but 2021 is for sure very, very optimistic. We haven't even had any second wave yet.

Even when we emerge with vaccines or whathaveyou, COVID-19 will still be around, and not everyone will want to be vaccinated. This extended time at home will make it clear for some (not all) that the Stones' tours and the expensive and time-consuming pursuit of the Stones' magic are frivolities they enjoyed in a past and different time.

BV, thanks for keeping the magic alive for us all, and be prepared for the Virtual Age where pit tickets and rock concerts as we knew and loved are fond memories of a once Golden Age.

Depressing. I hate change and this new reality is all about it.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: June 13, 2020 21:46

The discussion of with they won't they keeps resurfacing like the Covid19 virus. Only Stones and Roger Waters have postponed but not rescheduled. I doubt either will tour again unless there is a real vax that works and people use it.

Posted by: cmc ()
Date: June 13, 2020 22:34

I agree with steffialicia.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 13, 2020 22:46

Look! Concerts will happen once again. Let’s cut-out the wimpy and pessimistic bollocks, yeah? Life goes on, people!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-13 22:47 by Big Al.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 13, 2020 23:04

When do ya reckon Kissing Booths will reopen Al ???????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: June 13, 2020 23:52

The recent events with millions around the world protesting with zero social distancing will be the litmus test. If people don't start dropping like flies, if the hospitals worldwide are not overwhelmed as a result of a complete flouting of the guidelines, then people will (and in many places are) rethink the past few months and get on with their lives. I've said it before - this is uncharted territory. I sincerely hope the Rolling Stones are not done touring but live music will be back. Soon.

Date: June 14, 2020 00:11

Big Al
Look! Concerts will happen once again. Let’s cut-out the wimpy and pessimistic bollocks, yeah? Life goes on, people!

Al - I appreciate the encouraging words, and I wish I was “glass half full” in this case. But unfortunately, I am not feeling that positive. Though I am hanging on to that “string” of hope because the official cancellation has not come to fruition.
Selfishly, losing this leg of the tour hurts. For me, there were three drive-able shows; Minneapolis, Detroit, and St Louis. How likely are these shows to be rescheduled in 2022? It’s my guess that the Stones had far grander plans in place for 2022, rather than playing medium sized US cities.
Is 2021 a possibility as some on this board suggest/hope? Certainly, I suppose. Until you start considering all of the variables specific to our favorite group.
I hope you are right Big Al.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 14, 2020 00:16

Heard part of an interview with some concert bigwigs (didn't catch the names) on an L.A. radio news station earlier while driving around town,
and it was said that large scale concerts in the US will be following the path laid out by professional sports. In other words, once the NBA, NFL, and MLB, etc.
deem it "safe" or figure out a way to have fans back in attendance, only then will large scale concerts become a possibility.
No timeline was given, but the mention of needing a vaccine seemed to be the #1 priority amongst all involved.

And here's a new story via Mashable published today regarding the future of concerts:

Live Concerts

"Many of the biggest music festivals in the nation — Coachella, Lollapalooza, Stagecoach, and JazzFest —
won’t happen until (at the earliest) the spring or summer of 2021".

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 14, 2020 01:19

There is a lot of moving parts here. There first is 1) being aloud to have concerts again 2) will performers feel safe to return even if they can? 3) Insurance...I work in insurance (professional liability and errors and omissions to be specific) and know a thing other two how even insurance works. Who will underwrite? What will the cost be? Who will be willing to pay high premiums? 4) will fans A) feel safe to attend cool smiley want to spen $ on concert tix? 5) with different states/venues having different laws and requirements how big of a nightmare will this be for tour managers? So even when we get the green light for concerts to resume...there is still a lot to consider.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 14, 2020 01:25

When there is money to be made, someone will find a way.

jb

Date: June 14, 2020 01:49

.....$$$$$$$$ cant buy brains .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 14, 2020 02:41

$$$ can't buy brains, but it can buy instant read virus testing.

Whether it's a vaccine, effective treatment(s), or other medical/technology advances, there will be solutions coming where we will be able to resume concerts, sports, and large events.
Only question is the timing.

Spring/summer of 2021 is very viable imo.
Planning on it for a tour in that timeframe in advance perhaps more difficult.

Date: June 14, 2020 02:42

Hey Rockman - one thing I really miss is seeing the newspaper articles you posted each day in the Corona thread. In my time zone, USA Central, your posts would appear in the late evening which I imagine was early morning for you.
Anyway, I felt I was getting my corona updates 12 hours early compared to the rest of the USA thanks to you.
The good old days - before civil unrest. When we were only worried about the virus. And when the tour would be rescheduled.

Date: June 14, 2020 02:46

MisterDDDD - I hope you’re right.

Date: June 14, 2020 05:11

Hey Rockman - one thing I really miss is seeing the newspaper articles you posted each day in the Corona thread.

Yeah I did glue up a few Corona articles but
after awhile all that kinda stuff can drag ya
down and show how fragile our world really is but
then thankfully the thread had run its course and was closed .....

Things are spinning fast again but I hope we dont
see a statue topple thread open up here on IORR ....

We all badly need ... good news ... guidance .... AND a new Stones album ...

ROCKMAN

Date: June 14, 2020 05:28

Agree. The corona dog had its day, and it’s time to move on. Just wanted you to know that your work each day was appreciated.thumbs up

Date: June 14, 2020 05:30

Hey yeah cool man ..... we's all just
tryin ta live through a dark slice of history ...

Stay Safe

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 14, 2020 10:22

Blame it on the virus. I don't see any large crowds allowed until there is a vaccine, and that will take a long time. It is sad, because we all love the Stones when they are best - live. Still, we do also love our older generations, and we need to protect them. That is more important than having large crowds.

Bjornulf

Date: June 14, 2020 13:34

bv
Blame it on the virus. I don't see any large crowds allowed until there is a vaccine, and that will take a long time. It is sad, because we all love the Stones when they are best - live. Still, we do also love our older generations, and we need to protect them. That is more important than having large crowds.

bv, I wholeheartedly agree with you regarding the older generations; also those with underlying and serious health conditions. However.... arghh... I don’t know. Everyone has different opinion on this. I’ve been feeling a little more positive, though. Shops and small businesses are re-opening from tomorrow here in the U.K. and from July 4, we’ll have restaurants, pubs and barbers back in operation.

Date: June 14, 2020 13:36

Rockman
When do ya reckon Kissing Booths will reopen Al ???????

I’m unsure. When do you think they’ll be in operation? How about down under? Up-and-running, there?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 14, 2020 14:16

On the bright side: This will, maybe, give them more time to finish their last album. Maybe, a new RS album in late fall/winter of 2020?

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: June 14, 2020 16:42

bv

Here in Paris:
June and July 2020 Aerosmith, Queen and Iron Maiden shows are already rescheduled for next June, June and July, respectively. Only Macca has straight out cancelled.

So I'm hopefull!

Date: June 15, 2020 11:42

It would be interesting to know whether Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie have ever pondered, or even idly chatted, about how the Stones Live performances might end. I am sure that in their wildest dreams (or nightmares) they would not wish it to end in this way, having their touring career terminated for them. The optimist in me hopes there will be a way for the band to perform again, thus enabling them to stop as and when they wish, under their own terms.
Maybe it will be a 60th anniversary show or two in 2022 back in London where it all started.....

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: June 15, 2020 12:03

No Filter 2017-2019 plus 2021? I don't think so. They can't use the same stage/concept for a period of four, five years. Maybe Miami '19 was the last show ever. And Corona and the proposed biggest oeconomic crisis worldwide since the 1940's isn't the only problem. Remember they are pretty old. They need a week for two shows meanwhile, not to speak of insurance problems. Many legs of the "Never-ending Tour" 2012-19 had to be rescheduled for various reasons. If they go on tour, they have absurd high costs (hotels etc.). That's the main reason for the exorbitant ticket prices. If they tour next year, I hope it will be behind a new album, there's enough time to finish the "new" songs recorded since 2015. But I doubt they really want to make this album. They know it will be no Sticky Fingers, not even another Bigger Bang. And almost no concert visitor appears, because he wants to hear Mercy Mercy or sub-standard or average new songs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-15 12:06 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: June 15, 2020 16:10

Manofwealthandtaste
It would be interesting to know whether Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie have ever pondered, or even idly chatted, about how the Stones Live performances might end. I am sure that in their wildest dreams (or nightmares) they would not wish it to end in this way, having their touring career terminated for them. The optimist in me hopes there will be a way for the band to perform again, thus enabling them to stop as and when they wish, under their own terms.
Maybe it will be a 60th anniversary show or two in 2022 back in London where it all started.....

Yes! Agreed. I'd imagine they would all be very upset if the end of their touring career was forced upon them by this wretched coronavirus.

I too am being optimistic about more shows from the Stones at some point in 2021 or 2022. Maybe not a full tour, but something. There is no point speculating too much, but some residencies in key cities such as London, Paris and NY could be a nice way to celebrate their 60th anniversary in 2022, their individual health and wellbeing permitting.

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Date: June 15, 2020 16:33

The world will not be normal again until the Stones are back on stage. May the good Lord continue to shine a light on them and all of us until that time.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 15, 2020 17:09

makemeburnthecandle
The world will not be normal again until the Stones are back on stage. May the good Lord continue to shine a light on them and all of us until that time.

Amen.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 15, 2020 19:00

Rioters don't care. Looters don't care. All the "My libterty!" flag waving people that have recently gotten sick with numbers jumping way up - why not go on tour?

It's not going away. It could but society won't allow it. That would require doing "the right thing" and there are too many people that refuse to understand and live it.

It sure looks that way.

Let's say there was a 'Screw it, it's never going to get better' mentality and everything opened up: anyone that's smart wouldn't go. There are a lot of smart people in the world. There's no knowing if the flag wavers would pay $2500 for 2 Stones tickets but seeing that they're quite dumb and there are enough dumb people that the tour could probably sell out.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 15, 2020 19:16

Having their touring days ended for them would probably be a blessing. No decision to be made, no need for internal arguments, its over and that's that, and out of our control. Perfect scenario for exiting stage left into the history books with perhaps a future possibility of a "we decided to do one more tour" or at least some specialty shows maybe telecast over the world, or perhaps a more extensive look at the vault and what it contains that could be made profitable.

And the reality is, immunity to viri comes from incidental contact such as on surfaces etc versus direct contagion people to people. People are freaking out right now but my bet is that by the end of the year most will be over this either from already having and surviving it, the overall level of immunity to the virus having risen sufficiently, and the possibility of a general vaccine (I doubt I would get one, just because it was developed in such a rush and panic, I don't know if I would trust it enough to consider it necessary).

The thing is: if the Stones plan and announce that any tour is their last, you can bet your bottom dollar getting tickets will not be near as easy as it was this last round. Every half interested "fan" will be clamoring for those tickets just to say they saw the last performances of the band. So many true fans who don't want to deal with the hassle because they have seen it all before plenty times will just let it go and all the cell phone waving hordes of half-fans will all beat down the doors to attend. I think I personally would pass. It would be a night for nostalgia and not necessarily for the music.

jb

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 15, 2020 20:41

jbwelda
Having their touring days ended for them would probably be a blessing. No decision to be made, no need for internal arguments, its over and that's that, and out of our control. Perfect scenario for exiting stage left into the history books with perhaps a future possibility of a "we decided to do one more tour" or at least some specialty shows maybe telecast over the world, or perhaps a more extensive look at the vault and what it contains that could be made profitable.

And the reality is, immunity to viri comes from incidental contact such as on surfaces etc versus direct contagion people to people. People are freaking out right now but my bet is that by the end of the year most will be over this either from already having and surviving it, the overall level of immunity to the virus having risen sufficiently, and the possibility of a general vaccine (I doubt I would get one, just because it was developed in such a rush and panic, I don't know if I would trust it enough to consider it necessary).

The thing is: if the Stones plan and announce that any tour is their last, you can bet your bottom dollar getting tickets will not be near as easy as it was this last round. Every half interested "fan" will be clamoring for those tickets just to say they saw the last performances of the band. So many true fans who don't want to deal with the hassle because they have seen it all before plenty times will just let it go and all the cell phone waving hordes of half-fans will all beat down the doors to attend. I think I personally would pass. It would be a night for nostalgia and not necessarily for the music.

jb

I'll take it.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6768697071727374757677...LastNext
Current Page: 72 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2124
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home