Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6667686970717273747576...LastNext
Current Page: 71 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: June 10, 2020 20:06

Hairball
Surprised there's been no announcement regarding either a reschedule or more likely cancellation. Every other band I can think of has taken those steps to either reschedule or cancel, but the Stones seem to be dragging it on and on.
Some bands such as ZZ Top have even rescheduled twice! Not sure what the Stones are waiting for...maybe a miracle? Oh well, nice of them to have offered refunds since day one (give or take a glitch or two) for those of us who wanted them,
and also nice to keep the hope alive by dangling the possibility of rescheduled shows for those fans who have the patience. If they reschedule to 2022, that might end up being the longest delay of postponed shows in the history of rock and roll!

Agree on possibly longest delay in history of rock n' roll.

That being said, if 2021 ends up not being an option, I'd honestly take 2022 given the ticket that I have (combination of price and location)

I suspect many other fans would as well (obviously definitely not all).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-10 20:07 by Dougratajczak87.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 10, 2020 20:18

If it is 2022, wonder how they'll handle the San Diego show as that stadium is scheduled to be demolished soon. And the Austin racetrack show....the entire area will be undergoing major changes > Circuit of the Americas
Lot's of other variables to be considered also such as the new stadiums in L.A. and Vegas which will be ready and willing by then - maybe they'd end up being added to the itinerary in place of the the other two...

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: June 10, 2020 20:47

San Diego=Petco Park.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: June 10, 2020 20:53

I still have my St. Louis tix. 2022 works for me!

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: June 11, 2020 21:22

Hairball
If it is 2022, wonder how they'll handle the San Diego show as that stadium is scheduled to be demolished soon. And the Austin racetrack show....the entire area will be undergoing major changes > Circuit of the Americas
Lot's of other variables to be considered also such as the new stadiums in L.A. and Vegas which will be ready and willing by then - maybe they'd end up being added to the itinerary in place of the the other two...

Assuming a 2022 tour, I wonder too about San Diego for the reason you state; wouldn’t surprise me either if they add SOFI stadium in LA and/or new Vegas stadiums to the mix in addition or as a substitute.

Regarding Austin/COTA, I am familiar with that area after attending several F1 races there. You got me curious so I checked out the link. The proposed development discussed in that story is to add some AYSO-level soccer fields in an area currently undeveloped or used for overflow parking and is about 1/2 mile from the track. They’ve discussed building a hotel and 30 condos overlooking the track for years there as well. Don’t believe those developments would impact any plans for races and concerts in near term. Bear in mind they have over 1000 acres on that site and any development will take years. I wouldn’t see this development as a reason for not proceeding with a makeup show at COTA...but who knows.

(My bigger concern is COTA goes bankrupt after not having any 2020 races and what the fallout might be of that.)

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: June 11, 2020 22:58

[www.sandiegouniontribune.com]

Good, recent article on SDSU's approach to the redevelopment of the site...

Most venues being replaced are still in use until the new building is finished, and with the uncertainty of things lately, I'd guess SDCCU Stadium will be hosting Aztec football and more until the fall of 2022, at least...

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: June 11, 2020 23:05

Here's a newer link, showing hope to finalize sale of SDCCU Stadium site on June 16th...

[www.sandiegouniontribune.com]

Posted by: JimmyTheSaint ()
Date: June 12, 2020 04:01

Have they refunded Buffalo yet?

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: June 12, 2020 15:10

If the tour went ahead in 2022, then that would be three years since the Stones last played North America, therefore they could quite easily play some of the same markets they hit on the 2019 leg, especially huge markets like NY, Chicago, LA etc.

If some of the original venues were not available for whatever reason, such as San Diego and Austin, they could easily replace those shows with either a different venue in the same city, or just hit up a different city.

For example San Diego could be replaced with two shows: One at the new stadium in LA and also the new one in Vegas. Maybe Texas would just get the one show in Dallas.

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-12 15:10 by Mr Jimmy.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 12, 2020 20:19

Everybody seams to be rescheduling their dates for 2021. I dont see why The Stones wont either.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-06-12 20:20 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: masseywinos ()
Date: June 12, 2020 20:40

Because they are old?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 12, 2020 22:19

More Hot Rocks
Everybody seams to be rescheduling their dates for 2021. I dont see why The Stones wont either.

May be "everybody" else are not bands age mid 70's and in the very risk group of the corona virus. Also may be insurance cost for 15 x 10 mill usd per show is a bit steep for one to two years i.e. undefined delays.

The tour will be off, at one point, not just delayed.

Bjornulf

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 12, 2020 22:40

bv
More Hot Rocks

May be "everybody" else are not bands age mid 70's and in the very risk group of the corona virus. Also may be insurance cost for 15 x 10 mill usd per show is a bit steep for one to two years i.e. undefined delays.

When ignorant and assumptive articles like this are written it's no wonder there's a lot of issues with insurance, at least, based on wrong facts.

Insurers will not pay out if anything happens to Keith Richards related to "alcohol abuse, liver failure and/or disease and osteoarthritis". Nor will they pay if the guitarist becomes ill due to the injuries he sustained when he fell out of a coconut tree in Fiji in 2006 and required brain surgery.

[www.independent.co.uk]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 12, 2020 22:49

bv
More Hot Rocks

Imma go against bv's opinion on this.

Knowing full well it goes against conventional wisdom, and he may very well have info that I don't,
I'm still betting on rescheduled dates for '21.

Date: June 12, 2020 22:54

With 2020 not happening and 2021 doubtful, the inevitable aspect of what has been suspected all along, with a bit of a wink, with "the new album" and a 60th anniversary possibly coinciding, is, to me, looking even less likely to happen:

With the shut down and the pattern of every 9 months or whatever it's been of touring for 3 months doing 5 shows or whatever since 2012, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Charlie says, after not doing anything for 2 years, 'You know whut...' and Miami of 2019 is the last Stones show ever.

I really hope that doesn't become true. It would be great to see them keep going for another 2 or 3 or even 5 years - but the end is coming very fast. Mick has already acknowledged that the new album (if it comes out, of course) is to be the last new work by The Rolling Stones. Seems obvious that the tour "for" it would be as well. If they were playing clubs then the idea of one of them dying onstage would make sense but since they're a moving city and the insurance is ridiculous, that won't be allowed to happen.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: June 12, 2020 23:50

Yes if 2021 doesn't happen then I think it is likely that Miami was indeed the last show. A lot of people on here are not being very realistic. The difference in the Stones between 2018 and 2019 was quite noticeable. Keith slowed down a lot in 2019 compared to 2018.

Date: June 12, 2020 23:51

I feel like if it was going to be rescheduled for 2021, it would have already.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 13, 2020 00:13

A potential tour next year is still a long time away and a lot can change in regards to the virus.Medication or even a vaccine can be discovered or the virus may naturally burn out or become a lot less potent and deadly.Despite how absolutely useless some governments have been in dealing with this many of the worlds smartest scientists and medical professionals will be working around the clock to find solutions to beat it.

No one knows with any certainty what the situation will look like next year but I wouldn’t be writing off the stones at this stage.

Nate

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 13, 2020 00:39

I don't know Nate, but when Bjornulf states "The tour will be off, at one point, not just delayed" then it does cause one to wonder.
I've gone from a 60% chance of it happening, to now a very slim chance....maybe 5% at the very best, and that's being completely optimistic albeit very unrealistic.
If I were being completely honest with myself, and with bv's words echoing through my head, I'd give it a zero chance of happening.
They might play again somewhere at some time in the future, but to think they'll reschedule the entire No Filter tour (or even some of it) seems foolish imo.

Date: June 13, 2020 00:58

Hairball
I don't know Nate, but when Bjornulf states "The tour will be off, at one point, not just delayed" then it does cause one to wonder.
I've gone from a 60% chance of it happening, to now a very slim chance....maybe 5% at the very best, and that's being completely optimistic albeit very unrealistic.
If I were being completely honest with myself, and with bv's words echoing through my head, I'd give it a zero chance of happening.
They might play again somewhere at some time in the future, but to think they'll reschedule the entire No Filter tour (or even some of it) seems foolish imo.

The difference between 18 and 20 years old, 28 and 30, 38 and 40 - not much. Maybe still, for some, from 48-50 (I'm approaching 50 and I can feel a noticeable difference from being 48) but I would think from 58-60 things start to feel the urge to happen sooner. Or maybe one would wish a lot less would happen.

78 to 80?

Probably feels like a 10 year amount of time. 2022 isn't that long away but when you're Mick Jagger at 76 now and will be approaching 79 during the 2022 tour... and he's in great shape!

Charlie is 79. By June of 2022 he'll be into his 82nd year. Even if there wasn't the virus this year and the tour went on, 2022 isn't that long away for the Stones... but when you're getting that old I would think the end is a lot sooner.

Date: June 13, 2020 01:24

I don't know where people are in the world, but where I live, there is still a corona virus around, and they do not allow any crowds larger than 200, even if the virus is almost non-existent here in Norway, due to an early stage lockdown.

In USA a number of states including California and Florida do have increasing numbers of cases as we speak. I just don't understand why people expect the Stones to be able to tour any time soon. Not this year, not next year. The virus will not go away.

And please do not start another virus discussion here, just watch the numbers:

[www.worldometers.info]

Bjornulf

Date: June 13, 2020 01:33

TumblinDice76
I feel like if it was going to be rescheduled for 2021, it would have already.

I feel like if it was going to be cancelled, it would have already.

Date: June 13, 2020 01:42

I didn't say canceled, I said rescheduled for 2021. So were both kind of on the same page, just wording it differently.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 13, 2020 01:44

I don’t expect anything and would be completely ok with the stones never playing again but until that time comes people will always have hope to see them perform live again.

Nate

Date: June 13, 2020 01:47

bv
I don't know where people are in the world, but where I live, there is still a corona virus around, and they do not allow any crowds larger than 200, even if the virus is almost non-existent here in Norway, due to an early stage lockdown.

In USA a number of states including California and Florida do have increasing numbers of cases as we speak. I just don't understand why people expect the Stones to be able to tour any time soon. Not this year, not next year. The virus will not go away.

[www.worldometers.info]

I'm in the first hotspot to hit the US area of the world, and clearly have taken the virus, including all the info about it and the "second wave" potential etc very, very, seriously.

That said, I think we may differ on the phrase "any time soon".
One year(ish) from now, some sixteen to eighteen months since the virus landed here, doesn't qualify as "too soon" imo to hope for concerts, events etc.
Many bands are rescheduling for that now, as we know, and I don't think the one year+ wait is too much for the boys in terms of risk/age etc.
It will either be safe for all, or it won't.

Date: June 13, 2020 01:53

TumblinDice76
I didn't say canceled, I said rescheduled for 2021. So were both kind of on the same page, just wording it differently.

Not really. (I think confused smiley)
You said you thought that if it was going to be rescheduled, it would have already.

My feeling is the opposite of that ..
If they were going to cancel, that's a decision that would have been made already and done.
By it dragging on, it tells me they are still potentially trying to make it work.

Date: June 13, 2020 02:13

No, I said if it was going to be scheduled for 2021 it would have already. I still have my St.Louis tix so I'm good. But with almost every other band with a tour scheduled for 2020 either already rescheduled for 2021 or just canceled altogether, peoples plans for 2021 are filling up quickly. With so many people on this board already getting a refund, I'm not sure waiting for an announcement is in anyone's best interest. That being said, I think 2021 is slipping away with each day.

Date: June 13, 2020 02:30

MisterDDDD
bv

[www.worldometers.info]

I'm in the first hotspot to hit the US area of the world, and clearly have taken the virus, including all the info about it and the "second wave" potential etc very, very, seriously.

That said, I think we may differ on the phrase "any time soon".
One year(ish) from now, some sixteen to eighteen months since the virus landed here, doesn't qualify as "too soon" imo to hope for concerts, events etc.
Many bands are rescheduling for that now, as we know, and I don't think the one year+ wait is too much for the boys in terms of risk/age etc.
It will either be safe for all, or it won't.

It's certainly listing: a lot of noise about Florida not letting Louisianans in (even though people from Manhattan were going to the Keys initially when everything was shut down)... but Alabama saying 'Come to our beaches!' and a TON of people went to Alabama for the last two weekends of May.

To my knowledge numbers have remained steadily going down in the New Orleans region. Meanwhile in Brimingham, AL they're going way up.

A lot of people complaining about their businesses being shuttered (as well as complaining about "everything" being shut down) when... they actually weren't "shut down", they just didn't understand the message. I guess I'd be pissed if I was that dumb ass but with the idea to keep people out of hospitals being the goal, the whole 'flatten the curve' hype, it turns out it was for nothing it looks like - because now hospitals are filling up.

So 6 feet apart and wear a mask for a lot of people minding and in a matter of a week thousands of people are like "Nahhhhh I gotta 'protest'" and go out and do a bunch of stupid shit while not giving any regard to the virus.

At some point there will be enough people crying "MY LIBERTY!!!" and will want (demand) concerts, sports etc and with that I hope that hospitals will find a way to keep them out. You want to be an @#$%& you don't ask for help when you feel like you're dying from COVID. That would be wonderful.

I continue to wear a mask and what little I've been out I've kept my distance and have been with people I know are not and have not been sick.

If the Stones never tour again so be it.

Date: June 13, 2020 09:52

It is hard to run a stadium show with six feet distance and masks for all people. It would be hard to perform in front of masked people. You can't drink beer or have a hot dog with a mask, without spreading the virus to yourself and others.

It is hard to travel into new cities every four days without meeting someone who have the virus. Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie should stay at home until there is a vaccine.

We escaped SARS and MERS easily. Most people seems to have forgotten about the 1918 pandemic, but back then we did not have large stadium shows. It is a sad fact that travel and especially large crowds in tight venues will be unacceptable for a long while, until there is a vaccine.

My last show was Miami 2019. May be there will be a vaccine within 1-2 years, then may be I could see them live again, but 2021 is for sure very, very optimistic. We haven't even had any second wave yet.

Bjornulf

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: June 13, 2020 15:31

bv
It is hard to run a stadium show with six feet distance and masks for all people. It would be hard to perform in front of masked people. You can't drink beer or have a hot dog with a mask, without spreading the virus to yourself and others.

It is hard to travel into new cities every four days without meeting someone who have the virus. Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie should stay at home until there is a vaccine.

We escaped SARS and MERS easily. Most people seems to have forgotten about the 1918 pandemic, but back then we did not have large stadium shows. It is a sad fact that travel and especially large crowds in tight venues will be unacceptable for a long while, until there is a vaccine.

My last show was Miami 2019. May be there will be a vaccine within 1-2 years, then may be I could see them live again, but 2021 is for sure very, very optimistic. We haven't even had any second wave yet.

Even when we emerge with vaccines or whathaveyou, COVID-19 will still be around, and not everyone will want to be vaccinated. This extended time at home will make it clear for some (not all) that the Stones' tours and the expensive and time-consuming pursuit of the Stones' magic are frivolities they enjoyed in a past and different time.

BV, thanks for keeping the magic alive for us all, and be prepared for the Virtual Age where pit tickets and rock concerts as we knew and loved are fond memories of a once Golden Age.

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6667686970717273747576...LastNext
Current Page: 71 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1078
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home