Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6566676869707172737475...LastNext
Current Page: 70 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: cmc ()
Date: May 17, 2020 04:10

Ticketmaster shows PIT 1 and 2 for $446 for both St Louis and Detroit. No PIT tickets available for Minneapolis. The Minneapolis PITs were not sold out prior to the postponement. I realize this is probably meaningless information.
Tonight was supposed to be Minneapolis.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-17 04:43 by cmc.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 17, 2020 04:46

Grrrr...would have been tuning in right now to watch a livestream and follow the show with other fans............ dang it.
Oh well, 2022...gotta keep the hope alive. thumbs up

Date: May 18, 2020 19:05

Got my Jimmy Buffett refund over the weekend. Finally whole and parolled from TM ticket jail.

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 19, 2020 06:33

Hairball
Grrrr...would have been tuning in right now to watch a livestream and follow the show with other fans............ dang it.

Only about a year and a half away. Remember it used to be 3 years between tours.

plexi

Date: May 19, 2020 06:45

timbernardis
Hairball

Only about a year and a half away. Remember it used to be 3 years between tours.

plexi

There's absolutely no chance a tour would ever start on Jan. 1st, 2022, and if you consider the last show was in August of 2019,
it will have been nearly three years by the time they tour in the late spring/summer of 2022 - and that's only IF they tour.
Hope so, but lots of hurdles to deal with first, not to mention the health and age factors of the band members.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-19 06:46 by Hairball.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 19, 2020 14:12

"It used to be three years between tours?" So they'll tour in 2022 and then again in 2025?

At this stage of their career, hell, their very lifes, that pattern just does not work anymore.

Date: May 20, 2020 03:57

MidnightDevilRambler
Got my Jimmy Buffett refund over the weekend. Finally whole and parolled from TM ticket jail.

thumbs up

Steely Dan/Steve Winwood at Hollywood Bowl scheduled for Jun 8th has finally been postponed and rescheduled to June 8th, 2021.
Refund requested!

Received my $80 back from Perry Farrel at the Roxy, while still waiting for ZZ Top cash to be kicked back in to my account - should be before the end of the month.
Also waiting for Madness refunds....same scenario as ZZ Top.

And finally, no word on postponed Supergrass at Wiltern show yet, but if not rescheduled 60 days after postponement (which would be June 1st) refund requests become available.

I might be forgetting something, but I can see finally the light at the end of the tunnel....thumbs up

Date: May 20, 2020 16:55

For those of you like me that want to know what the future of concerts and sports in arenas could look like check out this well written WSJ video.

Explains to me why I don't want to be in an concert venues for the next 12-18 months.

Why Stadiums Are Incubators for Coronavirus Spread

[www.marketwatch.com]

Stay safe out there.

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 20, 2020 17:11

Insurance companies are also going to have their say. Look at what is happening with movie production. How many larger touring acts will tour without insurance?

[variety.com]

Date: May 23, 2020 09:53

Has anyone received a refund for the Austin show?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 23, 2020 14:12

Topi
Has anyone received a refund for the Austin show?

Yes.
Both for my LD's and Golden Circle, weeks ago.

Only thing I haven't received a refund for is my bus transportation to and from the racetrack. Grrr.

Date: May 23, 2020 14:25

Thanks. It's weird that on the Stones FB page there are people claiming Austin was not eligible for a refund yet.

(I do know people have had technical glitches on their TM account pages where the refund button wasn't showing. In that case they need to reach out to TM personally.)

Date: May 23, 2020 19:30

Was talking with my friends in Austin and this is likely a show that will not happen even if tour is postponed since the venue supposedly is permanently closed. That really means 2 venues will likely be kaput by next year.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 24, 2020 03:07

daspyknows
Was talking with my friends in Austin and this is likely a show that will not happen even if tour is postponed since the venue supposedly is permanently closed. That really means 2 venues will likely be kaput by next year.

I'd look a little bit deeper, into the circuit of the a americas being permanently closed.

Date: May 24, 2020 18:40

MingSubu
daspyknows

I'd look a little bit deeper, into the circuit of the a americas being permanently closed.

Just passing along what a friend who lives nearby who I was going with told me.

Date: May 24, 2020 19:16

Would have been eventful show day today at the racetrack, no doubt.
Thunderstorms, high-humidity, and huge crowds.. difficult to remember now how that sounded so appealing cool smiley

Huge if.. but if somehow this show ever got rescheduled, whether at a park or the racetrack, I would still make the trip in a heartbeat .. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 28, 2020 02:15

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 28, 2020 02:20

HEY !!!! ... thats friggin FUNNY .... ^^^^^^

ROCKMAN

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 28, 2020 02:25

I have my moments...

Date: May 30, 2020 04:49

Funnier than shit. I had to look twice to see the cotton. Too funny

Btw

Well the end of the concerts refund saga is complete. I just got my travel insurance policies refunded for the three shows I got tickets refunded. Bitter sweet but good for the bank account.

Writing this while listening to Episode 312 of The Best Radio You Have Never Heard. While wearing my 2003 ABB tour shirt.

A tribute to Gregg Allman. Hard to believe it’s been three years since we lost him.

[bestradioyouhaveneverheard.com]

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: May 30, 2020 15:53

SomeTorontoGirl

Wow. At First sight grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smileythumbs up
I showed it to a few others ... they all thought "the wrong thing" >grinning smiley<
Great!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 30, 2020 17:18

SomeTorontoGirl

The Wursels new stage...................[www.youtube.com]

Date: May 30, 2020 17:24

Nothing but pure speculation, but I think we get word on the official status of the tour as early as next week.
Officially cancelled or new revised dates is still the question and whether next week or the next few, the answer seems most likely to be a cancellation.

That said, my money is still on rescheduled dates for 2021. If cancelling the tour was their preference it would have already happened imo.
A lot of bands are also rescheduling dates for the fall, and I wouldn't completely rule that out, but seems very unlikely.
Rescheduling for spring '21 would make sense in terms of seeing what transpires with the virus and with the industry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-30 17:26 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: May 31, 2020 06:01

A year out will not be good for the band imo. It's over.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 31, 2020 06:30

WelshEdge1
A year out will not be good for the band imo. It's over.

The Rolling Stones love their fans who just can't quite feel it

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 31, 2020 10:32

Hairball

I was awake around dawn this morning - thinking "I should have just finished watching a US show, if we'd been lucky with the live stream". Sigh...

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: June 1, 2020 06:30

The riots currently taking place in many US cities would have created a challenge for some of the dates on the tour - especially with the nightly curfews which many cites have imposed. This would would have especially been stressful for those traveling!

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: June 10, 2020 16:30

Maybe summer 2021?

AEG, the global concert promoter and entertainment facility manager, instituted its deepest staff cuts in the company’s history Monday (June 8 2020), laying off 15% of its workforce, furloughing more than 100 employees across multiple divisions at the company and instituting 20–50% pay cuts.

It’s also unlikely rescheduled events will take place this year, starting with Coachella, which won’t be returning in October as originally hoped, Billboard has learned. Officials with Goldenvoice are still trying to determine whether the two-weekend, 125,000-person-per-day festival will make a limited-capacity return in April 2021 or a larger, higher capacity comeback in October 2021.

[www.pollstar.com]

[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: June 10, 2020 18:09

Noticed the weather for the Detroit/Toledo area today is callin' for 70-75mph wind gusts from the remnants of Cristobal tracking north...

Even with an indoor show on schedule for tonight at Ford Field in Detroit, No Filter 2020 would have dealt with one more obstacle today...

Hope everyone is safe and healthy out there!

Date: June 10, 2020 19:54

Surprised there's been no announcement regarding either a reschedule or more likely cancellation. Every other band I can think of has taken those steps to either reschedule or cancel, but the Stones seem to be dragging it on and on.
Some bands such as ZZ Top have even rescheduled twice! Not sure what the Stones are waiting for...maybe a miracle? Oh well, nice of them to have offered refunds since day one (give or take a glitch or two) for those of us who wanted them,
and also nice to keep the hope alive by dangling the possibility of rescheduled shows for those fans who have the patience. If they reschedule to 2022, that might end up being the longest delay of postponed shows in the history of rock and roll!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6566676869707172737475...LastNext
Current Page: 70 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1095
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home