Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6364656667686970717273...LastNext
Current Page: 68 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 9, 2020 21:10

jumpontopofmebaby
I say next summer. I think there will be a vaccine in record time. The whole world needs it. We can’t go by past experience. This is new uncharted territory
We are going to kick this virus right in the nuts very quick. And next summer we roll!

The vaccine is one thing, and the Stones returning for a tour in the US is another thing altogether, but I highly doubt both will coincide at the same time.
In other words, I do have high hopes for a vaccine sooner than later, but not much hope for the return of the Stones anytime soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-09 21:11 by Hairball.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: May 9, 2020 21:52

I just hope BV's wrong about waiting til 2022 for the next Stones shows... I'd like to think that next May things are back to "normal" in terms of big gigs and that we're all @ a Stones show. Time is not on their side unfortunately... :-/

Date: May 9, 2020 21:58

FrogSugar
I just hope BV's wrong about waiting til 2022 for the next Stones shows... I'd like to think that next May things are back to "normal" in terms of big gigs and that we're all @ a Stones show. Time is not on their side unfortunately... :-/

And they know that.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 10, 2020 06:11

They're ready to go on though, now, seems to me--if nothing else.
I'm so psyched to hear "Living in a Ghost Town" live.

Hairball, that was good, I liked the fantasy review! Along with you all, I was slated to be there too.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: May 11, 2020 03:06

If they aren’t coming back why not cancel the tour then? Postponed=rescheduled.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 12, 2020 00:19

Someone just posted this on the Facebook Shidoobee page:

Got refunded for Cleveland but I JUST got a letter from Amex saying they were recharging me and If a new date isn't booked within 60 days of date of postponement ( I guess that would be June 19) I can call for a refund. This doesn't make any sense.

plexi

Date: May 12, 2020 00:53

Must be a glitch and/or the refund might have been made on or around May 1st when the new policy was put in place.
Details of new policy posted somewhere back in this thread, but goes something like this:

If postponed and not rescheduled after 60 days > refund request will become available
If postponed and then rescheduled > you have 30 days to request a refund from the day it is rescheduled.
If canceled - automatic refund.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-12 00:54 by Hairball.

Date: May 12, 2020 14:49

Hey Hairball, just read your 'review' of the San Diego ghost gig.......I could feel the Californian sunshine on my back, hear the opening bars to the opening song....... Here's hoping the tour is indeed only postponed and not cancelled.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 12, 2020 15:24

I have got most of my tour expenses refunded, including Amtrak bookings and my intercontinental flight in and out of USA by SAS. The 1 star hotel I booked in Buffalo self-canceled my booking, because the tour was off, don't know why they figured out I was going to the show, but there is nothing else happening out there I suppose. Then I had two United flights and four Southwest flights prepaid and booked. These are converted into credits to be used in flights until Feb 2021. I will not fly to USA by then, so I will have my travel insurance refunding the rest. I guess I will be stuck in my own country for a long long while, like most others across the globe. Later on in life, we will talk about what (did not) happen back in 2020.

Bjornulf

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 12, 2020 16:24

So true. I'm almost half tempted to buy a knockoff 2020 Tour poster that are floating around out there to put my ticket in and display it with the rest of the tour/event Lithos I have.

Date: May 12, 2020 18:04

bv
I have got most of my tour expenses refunded, including Amtrak bookings and my intercontinental flight in and out of USA by SAS. The 1 star hotel I booked in Buffalo self-canceled my booking, because the tour was off, don't know why they figured out I was going to the show, but there is nothing else happening out there I suppose. Then I had two United flights and four Southwest flights prepaid and booked. These are converted into credits to be used in flights until Feb 2021. I will not fly to USA by then, so I will have my travel insurance refunding the rest. I guess I will be stuck in my own country for a long long while, like most others across the globe. Later on in life, we will talk about what (did not) happen back in 2020.

Bjornulf, I believe Southwest has extended the credits, because of the corona, until Sept. 7, 2022, if that makes any difference to you.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: May 12, 2020 20:16

TumblinDice76
So true. I'm almost half tempted to buy a knockoff 2020 Tour poster that are floating around out there to put my ticket in and display it with the rest of the tour/event Lithos I have.

Good idea...found this image on facebook from a San Diego news station ...KUSI... would make a nice litho.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 12, 2020 20:36

Hairball
Good idea...found this image on facebook from a San Diego news station ...KUSI... would make a nice litho.

Nice... If you're making one up.. you have my email cool smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 12, 2020 21:20

Hairball
TumblinDice76

I don't understand. What does the CA after the USA slash mean? California? Last time I checked, California is still part of the USA, whether we like it or not.

Date: May 12, 2020 21:23

24FPS

I don't understand. What does the CA after the USA slash mean? California? Last time I checked, California is still part of the USA, whether we like it or not.

Canada.
Which Vancouver would have been tonight.

Date: May 12, 2020 21:43

Irix
24FPS

What does the CA after the USA slash mean?

Official Country-Code and Internet-TLD for Canada - [en.Wikipedia.org] , [en.Wikipedia.org] .

A bit redundant and official link unnecessary, but sure.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: May 12, 2020 22:22

USA is the only place in the world...

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 12, 2020 23:04

Well tonight would have been the Vancouver show. Instead, I'll be home watching one of my Stones DVD's. I'm sure at some point Mick would have said "How you doing tonight Vancouver? Anybody here tonight from Seattle? How about Victoria?We gonna do a new one for you tonight, this one's called Living In a Ghost Town. Keith would say It's Good to be here, it's good to be anywhere, then play his 2 song set. Obligatory crowd singalong to YCAGWYW, Satisfaction finale.
Newspapers and online reports will rave about how they can still rock at their age! Diehards will complain too many warhorses. smiling smiley

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: May 13, 2020 00:36

government has been pressing for refunds
[www.transportation.gov]
bv

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 13, 2020 01:27

kv2915
If they aren’t coming back why not cancel the tour then? Postponed=rescheduled.

They are. That's why it doesnt say canceled just postponed

Date: May 13, 2020 03:48

artedm, thanks for the link--I'd much prefer refunds from the airlines to credits they currently offer.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: May 13, 2020 05:13

DGA35
Well tonight would have been the Vancouver show. Instead, I'll be home watching one of my Stones DVD's. I'm sure at some point Mick would have said "How you doing tonight Vancouver? Anybody here tonight from Seattle? How about Victoria?We gonna do a new one for you tonight, this one's called Living In a Ghost Town. Keith would say It's Good to be here, it's good to be anywhere, then play his 2 song set. Obligatory crowd singalong to YCAGWYW, Satisfaction finale.
Newspapers and online reports will rave about how they can still rock at their age! Diehards will complain too many warhorses. smiling smiley
Me and JessicaB would have been in Pit 1! We had a great hotel right across the street, and would have explored the area for a couple of days! Air Canada has given us credit, not sure for how long. Missing seeing Keith up close.

Date: May 13, 2020 05:34

2014Slayer
DGA35
Me and JessicaB would have been in Pit 1! We had a great hotel right across the street, and would have explored the area for a couple of days! Air Canada has given us credit, not sure for how long. Missing seeing Keith up close.

Against odds and conventional wisdom, I believe we will still see this show in Vancouver.
Eternal optimist here I know, but I still believe it!! cool smiley

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 13, 2020 08:28

MisterDDDD
2014Slayer
DGA35

Against odds and conventional wisdom, I believe we will still see this show in Vancouver.
Eternal optimist here I know, but I still believe it!! cool smiley

Yes, fingers crossed, even though I got refunds on my tickets!!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 13, 2020 09:12

Just waiting to use my LDs whenever things are rescheduled.

Hey, for a bit of perspective, it used to be the case that they would only tour the USA every 3 years. Now THAT was a bit of a wait. 69, 72, 75, 78, 81. We can handle that again if necessary. Yeah I know "but now they are so much older." Yeah, but they'll be back.

plexi

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 13, 2020 13:44

After the financial crisis in 2007-2008, it took five years until the Stones toured, at the very end of 2012. The corona virus crisis is much deeper, and some countries are actually messing it up even further. Right now 10% to 15% of people in the western world are out of work. The tourist, travel and entertainment industry is broken. People are banned from being together, and best case there will be a vaccine available to everyone some time late next year.

Sure we will be able to handle the covid-19 pandemic better than the 1918 pandemic, but it will not go away until 2021 best case, worst case 2022, and after that people will need their money for food, living, may be a cheap holiday to a nearby site, but certainly not any economy to pay for a high priced tour with an average of USD 10 million per show, which has been the Stones standard lately. It was fun while it lasted, sure it was expensive, but fun.

I am impressed by the optimists who are ready to tour any time soon, but with the band average age now ticking fast to the 80's, and they all being in the high risk group, we don't really want them out on the road on NYC, LA or any other city. I don't understand why people expect Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie to expose them selves to the virus now, or in the near future.

Bjornulf

Date: May 13, 2020 14:41

bv

I am impressed by the optimists who are ready to tour any time soon, but with the band average age now ticking fast to the 80's, and they all being in the high risk group, we don't really want them out on the road on NYC, LA or any other city. I don't understand why people expect Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie to expose them selves to the virus now, or in the near future.

Speaking for this optimist, I don't expect or want a huge tour or any band members to expose themselves (or ourselves) any time soon.
That said, even the band appears to be optimists, based on their words and actions, if they weren't this tour would already be officially cancelled.
Hope and optimism don't cost anything, and generally can go a long way towards sanity and sometimes shaping reality.

I honestly could see a not too distant future with near instant testing at the gates, and advances in treatments/cure(?), perhaps even a vaccine fast tracked and available as early as next year. Likely.. No? Against all odds and conventional wisdom? Sure.
Possible... Absolutely.

I spoke of being optimistic about a Vancouver show in particular, because BC has some 2300 positive cases compared to Washington where we have 17,000+.
While the financial impact of the virus is huge to many, the idea that they could play several select locations in the future is still very viable. I also don't believe the recession of 2007-08 is the sole reason they didn't tour for five years, a factor perhaps, but to describe it as the reason they didn't tour for five years is inaccurate imo.

World is made up of optimists, pessimists, and realists.
I lean towards optimism, while still being very much a realist.

Reality is six months ago we couldn't have imagined the world would be where we are with this, not entirely crazy to hope that six months from now we are saying the same thing about a turnaround.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: May 13, 2020 16:09

MisterDDDD
bv

Speaking for this optimist, I don't expect or want a huge tour or any band members to expose themselves (or ourselves) any time soon.
That said, even the band appears to be optimists, based on their words and actions, if they weren't this tour would already be officially cancelled.
Hope and optimism don't cost anything, and generally can go a long way towards sanity and sometimes shaping reality.

I honestly could see a not too distant future with near instant testing at the gates, and advances in treatments/cure(?), perhaps even a vaccine fast tracked and available as early as next year. Likely.. No? Against all odds and conventional wisdom? Sure.
Possible... Absolutely.

I spoke of being optimistic about a Vancouver show in particular, because BC has some 2300 positive cases compared to Washington where we have 17,000+.
While the financial impact of the virus is huge to many, the idea that they could play several select locations in the future is still very viable. I also don't believe the recession of 2007-08 is the sole reason they didn't tour for five years, a factor perhaps, but to describe it as the reason they didn't tour for five years is inaccurate imo.

World is made up of optimists, pessimists, and realists.
I lean towards optimism, while still being very much a realist.

Reality is six months ago we couldn't have imagined the world would be where we are with this, not entirely crazy to hope that six months from now we are saying the same thing about a turnaround.

Well said. From my perspective, the cost of failure to return to semi-normal operations (not specific to the Stones at all) is too great for us not to be successful.

While I think there is a somewhat long road ahead to vaccine development (discovery and manufacturing to scale), I’m optimistic that there will be a resolution around mid next year.

I still believe it’s possible that the Stones tour late summer 2021 but will also not be surprised if delayed to 2022 depending on where the world is when next year arrives.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 13, 2020 16:32

angee
artedm, thanks for the link--I'd much prefer refunds from the airlines to credits they currently offer.

Angee, the eligibility for a refund depends on whether your airline cancelled the flight or not. If the airline cancels, they have to refund you no matter the reason, it's the law. However, if you cancel yourself, then it's a matter of fare conditions/airline policy.

If the flight is on, in other words, if they actually fly it as scheduled, then you're not entitled to a refund unless you booked a fully refundable fare.

Many airlines do offer to waive any change fees they would usually charge you, or an opportunity to get vouchers/credit. Policies vary by airline.

See here: [thepointsguy.com]

And here: [www.transportation.gov]

If you only can, wait for the airline to cancel your flight before you proactively cancel or alter anything yourself. That way you hold way better cards.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-13 16:55 by Topi.

Date: May 13, 2020 20:22

DOT warns airlines – again – to issue refunds for canceled flights after receiving 25,000 complaints

After a surge in traveler complaints about airline ticket refunds during the coronavirus pandemic, the U.S. Department of Transportation issued its second warning in as many months to airlines on Tuesday.

The agency said it has received more than 25,000 air travel service complaints in March and April. That compares to an average of 1,500 in a typical month.

In April, the agency warned airlines that they are required to provide a refund to travelers if their flight is canceled or significantly changed by the airline. A key problem: The DOT does not define significant, so airline policies vary and some are using that lack of clear guidance as a way to get out of issuing refunds.
Because “cancellation” and “significant change” are not defined in the context of ticket refunds, airlines may develop reasonable interpretations of those terms, the DOT said in the enforcement notice.

"However, the Aviation Enforcement Office expects carriers to honor those reasonable interpretations in implementing their refund obligations and will focus its enforcement actions on instances where a carrier has disregarded the requirement to offer refunds, failed to honor its refund policies, or where it is determined that the carrier’s refund policies or practices are otherwise “unfair or deceptive,'' the DOT said.
[www.msn.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6364656667686970717273...LastNext
Current Page: 68 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1428
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home