Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6263646566676869707172...LastNext
Current Page: 67 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 7, 2020 20:36

Calipachangero-BV was asked directly what he thought, he answered.
Can't fault a guy for honestly answering his opinion on a question that was directed to him specifically.

Just got an email today that Iron Maiden has shut down all dates until June 2021.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: May 8, 2020 05:58

I had been clinging to hopes of late this year or next summer. Time to let hope @#$%& off it appears .... eye rolling smiley

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 8, 2020 09:06

2014Slayer
BV--are there any whispers at all about rescheduling the tour? I assume they are still looking at next year if a vaccine becomes available, do you think spring or fall of 2021 might be a possibility? It has been great to see the Stones getting a lot of publicity right now with the new song and Mick on the Tonight Show, etc, San Diego Stadium will probably be off the table, but am assuming new stadiums in LA or Vegas might be possibilities. This week would have been the start of our grand adventure.

I haven't heard about Mick on the Tonight Show, tell me about that. Also to your list could be added the performance of YCAGWYW from their homes, the new song, Sirius, Extra Licks, quite a few high profile things.

plexi

Date: May 8, 2020 09:28

calipachangero
bv
They will not tour until 2022 at the earliest. That is my best prediction.

All due respect, but at this early stage it's just useless and not serious at all to speculate like this. We live in may 2020, remember? That's a Lot of time, we don't know nothing yet. Apocalyptic talk is easy, because people will always listen, maybe not fully agree but a seed of doubt and anxiety is planted.

Let's wait and draw conclusions when new dates (or complete cancelation) arrive.

Agreed. We can't know anything at this point as we don't yet know how the virus situation will go. Why say 2021 OR 2022 or ANY DATE at all? Can't be known and won't be for a while. All speculation should just stop. Only time will tell us, and that time hasn't yet come.

plexi

Date: May 8, 2020 09:29

TumblinDice76
Calipachangero-BV was asked directly what he thought, he answered.
Can't fault a guy for honestly answering his opinion on a question that was directed to him specifically.

Just got an email today that Iron Maiden has shut down all dates until June 2021.

Yes, OK.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-08 09:30 by timbernardis.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 8, 2020 12:23

timbernardis

I haven't heard about Mick on the Tonight Show, tell me about that.

plexi

Tim, see here [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: May 8, 2020 15:41

Tonight would have been the 1st show...

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 8, 2020 16:20

Yeah, shit's getting real now...

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: May 8, 2020 17:08

ErwinH
Tonight would have been the 1st show...

Yup, I'm supposed to be waking up in San Diego right about now, deciding what kind of burito I want to eat.

Instead, I'm in Paris, drinking coffee, locked in like an animal, trying to get my plane tix refunded from Air Tahiti Nui :-(

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 8, 2020 17:33

We should have been in San Diego today, on our way to the first show of the Stones tour this summer. It is so sad that the tour will not happen, but it is even more sad that some 266,000 people have died from the corona pandemic so far. We should all be safe at home.

When will the Stones tour?

In order to understand this question, you need to understand the pandemic. If you have followed the Corona virus thread here on IORR, you would have got all the facts and details. We do know a lot so far. This is my best prediction:

The Rolling Stones will tour in 2022

This is best case. The corona virus has been around for just a few months. There is no vaccine. HIV/AIDS have been around for 50 years, still no vaccine. It takes many years to make a vaccine. Super-optimistic estimates say it might take 12-18 months, as many candidates are competing. Still, it is like giving birth to a new baby. It does still take nine months. You may get a baby in 6-7 months, but not in 3 months.

A vaccine must be safe, and it need to work. Further, it need to be tested for long term complications. On all sorts of people. This takes time. The virus may mutate, then the new vaccines may be useless. In short, all virus and vaccine experts say it will take a long time, but hopefully the first candidate will appear in half a year, then 6-9 months of testing.

USA is set back economy wise with 33 million people out of work. The economy has taken a massive blow. No person on this planet would arrange for a tour just months or a year after 10% - 20% of the USA population lost their jobs. This crisis is worse than the financial crisis in 2008.

It will take 2-3 years for people to get 40% or more immunity. Sweden and NYC may be immune slightly faster, that is the "upside" of the pandemic going fast there. But you can't tour in NYC only...

There will be no tour this year, and they will be no tour next year. No economy. No insurance company will take the risk. The Stones members are age 70+ and at high risk.

Best case tour 2022. Worst case Miami 2019 was the last show. Don't blame me. Blame the corona virus. Life is unfair, but the good news are we get to save some money, if we do still have a job, and we get to see our family, if we can be safe from the virus.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-08 17:36 by bv.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 8, 2020 18:59

Rolling Stones’ Postponed Opening Night: What Could We Have Seen?

Dave Lifton
May 8, 2020

Kevin Winter, Getty Images

[ultimateclassicrock.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 8, 2020 19:44

bv
We should have been in San Diego today, on our way to the first show of the Stones tour this summer. It is so sad that the tour will not happen, but it is even more sad that some 266,000 people have died from the corona pandemic so far. We should all be safe at home.

When will the Stones tour?

In order to understand this question, you need to understand the pandemic. If you have followed the Corona virus thread here on IORR, you would have got all the facts and details. We do know a lot so far. This is my best prediction:

The Rolling Stones will tour in 2022

This is best case. The corona virus has been around for just a few months. There is no vaccine. HIV/AIDS have been around for 50 years, still no vaccine. It takes many years to make a vaccine. Super-optimistic estimates say it might take 12-18 months, as many candidates are competing. Still, it is like giving birth to a new baby. It does still take nine months. You may get a baby in 6-7 months, but not in 3 months.

A vaccine must be safe, and it need to work. Further, it need to be tested for long term complications. On all sorts of people. This takes time. The virus may mutate, then the new vaccines may be useless. In short, all virus and vaccine experts say it will take a long time, but hopefully the first candidate will appear in half a year, then 6-9 months of testing.

USA is set back economy wise with 33 million people out of work. The economy has taken a massive blow. No person on this planet would arrange for a tour just months or a year after 10% - 20% of the USA population lost their jobs. This crisis is worse than the financial crisis in 2008.

It will take 2-3 years for people to get 40% or more immunity. Sweden and NYC may be immune slightly faster, that is the "upside" of the pandemic going fast there. But you can't tour in NYC only...

There will be no tour this year, and they will be no tour next year. No economy. No insurance company will take the risk. The Stones members are age 70+ and at high risk.

Best case tour 2022. Worst case Miami 2019 was the last show. Don't blame me. Blame the corona virus. Life is unfair, but the good news are we get to save some money, if we do still have a job, and we get to see our family, if we can be safe from the virus.

Thanks Bjornulf - put's it all in perspective.

I'ts just a three hour drive away to San Diego for me, but I would have been down there already since Wednesday soaking in the San Diego vibes, meandering to and from the stadium for soundchecks, etc. attending preparties, visiting family and friends, etc., etc., etc, and yes to think of all we're missing is a bit painful. But what's far more painful is to think of all the havoc this coronavirus crap has caused the world with over 266,000 dying so far...that's an incredibly large number, and sadly that number will continue to escalate. Then to think of all the family and friends of those 266,000 who are grieving. Then think of all who have lost their jobs, their businesses, and on and on and on. I could go on and on listing all the devastation this has caused. but the more you think it the more painful it is. So yeah, it's a bummer we're missing out on so much fun with the Stones (and everything else that used to be the norm), but the reality is we should keep it all in perspective and your post is a good reminder of all that.

But enough doom and gloom for now....have to try and stay positive and live with the hope that things will eventually get better, and hopefully sooner than later (whenever that is)....keep on rolling everybody....thumbs up

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 8, 2020 20:27

Charlie would have been good tonight. [Sigh] Rats.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 8, 2020 21:59

A good time to pop in Chicago 2 right now......

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: May 9, 2020 00:12

Maybe no tour in 2021, but RAH is still planned.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: May 9, 2020 02:06

Oh man. Like many of you, I'm supposed to be in San Diego right now. Pregaming and getting my Lucky Did mojo dialed in. I love opening night. You don't know the set list (unless you got there for the sound check) and it's usually a couple more tunes before they trim it down.

Sigh.

On the plus side, they're (hopefully) safe and healthy. I'm safe and healthy and I've watched some of my favorite clips today.

I know it's for the best, but part of me sure misses the thrill of being in the building as we get closer to showtime. And then the lights go out and you scream "YEAH!"

Not tonight.

I sure hope we get a vaccine soon. The boys aren't getting any younger so time isn't on our side. Last show I was at was Glendale in the pit. So thankful for that night. Hope it's not the last time.

Stay safe everyone.

(Sorry for the cheesy song references, but they fit perfectly.)

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: May 9, 2020 03:10

Live Nation/ Ticketmaster president on outlook amid the pandemic
[www.cnbc.com]

Posted by: stoneslib ()
Date: May 9, 2020 03:11

San Diego cued up the great weather today for the intended tour opener at SDCCU Stadium, perhaps compensating for the last Stones concert held at this venue, which was accompanied by a major all-day deluge.

Current temp @ 1700 hours is 72 degrees.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 9, 2020 03:30

Looks like a ghost town.

Enjoying some legal (infused) beverages, a few smokes smoking smiley, and a weekend of Rolling Stones!!
Sirius rockin' LIAGT as I type.. the RS station will play LOUD all weekend, with a pause for the Stones YT on Sunday.

Not opening night, but the closest I can get spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-09 03:39 by MisterDDDD.

Date: May 9, 2020 03:32

Cool/sad pic...what would have been one of the happiest places on earth tonight, right now it looks like one of the loneliest and most desolate places on earth... ghost town....

Posted by: stoneslib ()
Date: May 9, 2020 04:12

More ghost town.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: May 9, 2020 07:03

SomeTorontoGirl
Charlie would have been good tonight. [Sigh] Rats.

Yep, colored socks and all.

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: May 9, 2020 09:32

And I wonder what we would be writing about the setlist by now...

Complaining about the predictable setlist,
or would we be suuuuper-enthousiastic about the totally renewed surprising great list !??

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 9, 2020 19:13

MisterDDDD
Looks like a ghost town.

Enjoying some legal (infused) beverages, a few smokes smoking smiley, and a weekend of Rolling Stones!!
Sirius rockin' LIAGT as I type.. the RS station will play LOUD all weekend, with a pause for the Stones YT on Sunday.

Not opening night, but the closest I can get spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Anybody show up surprised it was canceled?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: May 9, 2020 19:35

And the night after San Diego - today - I was looking forward to seeing Sebastian Bach @ SD House of Blues lol

Date: May 9, 2020 20:36

OK...survived the hellish experience of yesterday and especially last night of missing the San Diego opener...tried to be stoic and keep things in perspective by thinking of the crisis and those who have suffered way more than missing a concert, but it still was like a continuous bad dream. Every minute of last night starting at around 9:00 -ish I'd think about what song the Stones would have been playing...then I started thinking about who would have been the opening act...and THEN I started thinking about the new merch...would the new litho have been as cool as the last San Diego litho from 2015? And what about the various t-shirts and other junk....how much money would I have spent? Right now I'd be waking up in San Diego with a smile knowing I'd seen another great Stones show...getting ready for the three hour drive north back home...maneuvering through the hellish traffic of L.A. but with a smile while cranking some Stones on the stereo....making it through L.A, and then another hours scenic drive up the coast past Zuma Beach... and then arriving back home a half hour later....hiding the merch from my wife so she wouldn't freak out at how much money a t-shirt cost lol...downplaying the fun and excitement as to not make her envious while changing the subject to the Steely Dan/Steve Winwood show at the Hollywood Bowl show we have plans for in June...lol. But then I just snapped out of it and reality hit knowing none of this had ever happened....

Out of all the concerts I've had to miss so far due to postponements, etc. this one was by far the toughest. In all honesty, it is the toughest postponement I've ever had for any show by any band my entire life knowing the chances of it being rescheduled are little to none. And then you consider their age and the uncertainty of what the future holds surrounding the coronavirus crisis...sadly, they may never return here...sh*t...but ya never know.
Fortunately this was the only show I was 100% committed to, so it won't be a recurring nightmare when other shows of the tour happen...it's still going to suck though as I always liked to follow along with any livestreams, setlists, pics,etc. that were being posted here....F*CK! Not looking forward to Tue May 12 at all when they would have been playing up in Vancouver while I would have been right here with many others following along virtually as best we could, and for those who would have been there I feel your pain....dang it. But life goes on and it's small potatoes compared to what others have gone through with this crisis...gotta keep that in perspective. Alright...I think I got that all out of my system and feeling a bit better. I always try and write reviews of Stones shows for bv's tour pages and it's become sort of a ritual or habit, so I sort of felt obligated to write something...I guess this was the next best thing...keep on rolling....

Date: May 9, 2020 20:42

Hairball
OK...survived the hellish experience of yesterday and especially last night of missing the San Diego opener...tried to be stoic and keep things in perspective by thinking of the crisis and those who have suffered way more than missing a concert, but it still was like a continuous bad dream. Every minute of last night starting at around 9:00 -ish I'd think about what song the Stones would have been playing...then I started thinking about who would have been the opening act...and THEN I started thinking about the new merch...would the new litho have been as cool as the last San Diego litho from 2015? And what about the various t-shirts and other junk....how much money would I have spent? Right now I'd be waking up in San Diego with a smile knowing I'd seen another great Stones show...getting ready for the three hour drive north back home...maneuvering through the hellish traffic of L.A. but with a smile while cranking some Stones on the stereo....making it through L.A, and then another hours scenic drive up the coast past Zuma Beach... and then arriving back home a half hour later....hiding the merch from my wife so she wouldn't freak out at how much money a t-shirt cost lol...downplaying the fun and excitement as to not make her envious while changing the subject to the Steely Dan/Steve Winwood show at the Hollywood Bowl show we have plans for in June...lol. But then I just snapped out of it and reality hit knowing none of this had ever happened....

Out of all the concerts I've had to miss so far due to postponements, etc. this one was by far the toughest. In all honesty, it is the toughest postponement I've ever had for any show by any band my entire life knowing the chances of it being rescheduled are little to none. And then you consider their age and the uncertainty of what the future holds surrounding the coronavirus crisis...sadly, they may never return here...sh*t...but ya never know.
Fortunately this was the only show I was 100% committed to, so it won't be a recurring nightmare when other shows of the tour happen...it's still going to suck though as I always liked to follow along with any livestreams, setlists, pics,etc. that were being posted here....F*CK! Not looking forward to Tue May 12 at all when they would have been playing up in Vancouver while I would have been right here with many others following along virtually as best we could, and for those who would have been there I feel your pain....dang it. But life goes on and it's small potatoes compared to what others have gone through with this crisis...gotta keep that in perspective. Alright...I think I got that all out of my system and feeling a bit better. I always try and write reviews of Stones shows for bv's tour pages and it's become sort of a ritual or habit, so I sort of felt obligated to write something...I guess this was the next best thing...keep on rolling....

Hey!!!! Stop it!! Don’t give up hope. There will be a vaccine more sooner than later! Every drug company in the world is trying to create one.

And the Stones will be back!! They tour. It’s what they do!

We will step in to a a stadium full of Stones fans again!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-09 20:43 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Date: May 9, 2020 20:45

Haven't given up hope, but chances of it happening any time soon seems very unlikely to me.

*PS - And for the record, my "review" of last nights "hellish" experience was obviously a bit exaggerated and tongue in cheek. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-09 20:49 by Hairball.

Date: May 9, 2020 20:53

I say next summer. I think there will be a vaccine in record time. The whole world needs it. We can’t go by past experience. This is new uncharted territory
We are going to kick this virus right in the nuts very quick. And next summer we roll!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-09 21:01 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Date: May 9, 2020 20:57

I just wish purple buds and a cold beer was the vaccine!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6263646566676869707172...LastNext
Current Page: 67 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1773
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home