Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6162636465666768697071...LastNext
Current Page: 66 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 2, 2020 07:31

MisterDDDD
Hairball
OhYesMeAgain
Hi Hairball. I caught myself thinking about this, so I figured I might as well ask you: last time around, which was the better show - Santa Clara or Glendale? I went to Santa Clara and I think it was the best of my five shows. I think you went to Santa Clara and I remember you saying what an incredible show Glendale was. Now that some time has gone by, do you think one show or the other was better and perhaps the best of the last tour?

Simple answer - like Godfather 1 and 2, they were both great for a variety of different reasons, and they both provided hundreds...make that thousands of memories!
My first of the tour was Chicago #2, and it was great as well, as was Pasadena in SoCal which is my neck of the woods - amazing show and experience in so many ways.
So no, one wasn't better than the other - they were ALL f*king GREAT!!! Sorry I couldn't be more precise, but I see all four shows as one continuous experience of the summer of 2019.

EDIT: OK, thought about it really hard for the last 20 minutes. If I was forced to choose one.........sorry, still can't do it. winking smiley

Maybe if you ask me in a few years when some of the memories have faded and I can judge them separately and semi-objectively based on the performances alone via bootlegs and youtube vids.
Until then, can't pick one, and there's a good chance my answer will always be the same...all four of them in the summer of 2019...equally fantastic in their own ways.

Feel the same about the six shows I was able to make.
I'd give "best of" if forced, to Chicago 2.
The setlist, atmosphere, still soaking in the rush of the tour and Mick being ok, the band being great, and getting Monkey Man, Ride 'em On Down, and then Play With Fire on the B-stage was fantastic, and the 20 song setlist was great. Keiths set was excellent as well as they were changing quite a bit from the night before (Slipping and BTMMR)

Between Glendale and Santa Clara, even though I only saw Glendale from live streams, it seems SC should get the nod, again if based solely on setlist (which of course it's not). OOC and Rocks Off in the 4th and 5th spot, with Let It Bleed on the B-stage. Santa Clara was the last show of that leg for me, and if (God forbid) last ever, I'm thrilled with that one. Like yourself LD Pit tix, and great shirts from Dave cool smiley

And to think you could have made it down to Glendale MisterDDDD...winking smiley...you were so close to making it, and it was a doozy!!!

And yeah, Chicago 2 was thrilling for all the reasons you mention, and I was able to share the experience with my wife who also LOVED it - it was also my first time seeing them since the dreaded *Vegas '16 Affair...lol...
And Santa Clara...so much fun...had the time of my life in every way from the moment I got in my car to drive up there, to the moment I returned home a few days later.
Then Pasadena...at the sacred grounds of the Rose Bowl...had seen the Stones there back in '94, and it was amazing to see them back there 25 years later.

What's painful is to think next Friday May 8th was to be the opening night in San Diego with so many of us being there...dang it...will almost be like a day of mourning around here now...grrr....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-02 07:32 by Hairball.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: May 2, 2020 17:08

StubHub later wrote on Twitter refunds would only be granted if “the buyer’s billing address or event is in one of 14 states with consumer laws around refund” – which according to FindLaw includes California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Rhode Island, Utah, and Virginia. According to SeatGeek there are also regulations regarding refunds in Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, North Carolina and South Carolina.

[www.pollstar.com]

OhYesMeAgain
I got refunds for the tickets that I bought through Ticketmaster. I still have one ticket with StubHub. I was wondering has anyone been able to get a refund on Stones tickets through StubHub? (I am assuming that no one has been able to get a refund through StubHub.)

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 2, 2020 20:12

MisterDDDD
Hairball
OhYesMeAgain
Hi Hairball. I caught myself thinking about this, so I figured I might as well ask you: last time around, which was the better show - Santa Clara or Glendale? I went to Santa Clara and I think it was the best of my five shows. I think you went to Santa Clara and I remember you saying what an incredible show Glendale was. Now that some time has gone by, do you think one show or the other was better and perhaps the best of the last tour?

Simple answer - like Godfather 1 and 2, they were both great for a variety of different reasons, and they both provided hundreds...make that thousands of memories!
My first of the tour was Chicago #2, and it was great as well, as was Pasadena in SoCal which is my neck of the woods - amazing show and experience in so many ways.
So no, one wasn't better than the other - they were ALL f*king GREAT!!! Sorry I couldn't be more precise, but I see all four shows as one continuous experience of the summer of 2019.

EDIT: OK, thought about it really hard for the last 20 minutes. If I was forced to choose one.........sorry, still can't do it. winking smiley

Maybe if you ask me in a few years when some of the memories have faded and I can judge them separately and semi-objectively based on the performances alone via bootlegs and youtube vids.
Until then, can't pick one, and there's a good chance my answer will always be the same...all four of them in the summer of 2019...equally fantastic in their own ways.

Feel the same about the six shows I was able to make.
I'd give "best of" if forced, to Chicago 2.
The setlist, atmosphere, still soaking in the rush of the tour and Mick being ok, the band being great, and getting Monkey Man, Ride 'em On Down, and then Play With Fire on the B-stage was fantastic, and the 20 song setlist was great. Keiths set was excellent as well as they were changing quite a bit from the night before (Slipping and BTMMR)

Between Glendale and Santa Clara, even though I only saw Glendale from live streams, it seems SC should get the nod, again if based solely on setlist (which of course it's not). OOC and Rocks Off in the 4th and 5th spot, with Let It Bleed on the B-stage. Santa Clara was the last show of that leg for me, and if (God forbid) last ever, I'm thrilled with that one. Like yourself LD Pit tix, and great shirts from Dave cool smiley

Santa Clara was epic. If it was the last time went out on a good note. Both NJ were also really good too. Hard to believe that before the world went to hell I would be packing up this weekend to head to San Diego.

Date: May 5, 2020 21:08

Got my TM Jimmy Buffett refund approved, including the extra tailgating parking. Should get refund in less that 30 days.

100% whole on pending concert tixs funds.....whoohhhh.

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: May 6, 2020 16:47

BV--are there any whispers at all about rescheduling the tour? I assume they are still looking at next year if a vaccine becomes available, do you think spring or fall of 2021 might be a possibility? It has been great to see the Stones getting a lot of publicity right now with the new song and Mick on the Tonight Show, etc, San Diego Stadium will probably be off the table, but am assuming new stadiums in LA or Vegas might be possibilities. This week would have been the start of our grand adventure.

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: May 6, 2020 18:13

2014Slayer
... San Diego Stadium will probably be off the table...

Why is this? My friends in San Diego are still siting on our tickets. What happens to those who have tickets for the current venue? Do they automatically get sent new tix with proposed new seating if the venue changes?

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 6, 2020 18:32

My thoughts are the opposite. San Diego and St. Louis are the easiest shows to reschedule because the NFL isn't a factor.

Date: May 6, 2020 19:25

SDCCU Stadium is changing ownership from the City of San Diego to SDSU this year, and is slated to be demolished at some point (who knows with all this going on). That is why it may not happened at that stadium. FYI I am still holding on to my LDs for San Diego too. My husband thinks that the new smaller stadium for 35,000-45,000 capacity to be built there by the fall of 2022, but like I say, who knows with all the virus going on when things will be built now.

Date: May 6, 2020 19:56

I pondered the same thing a couple of weeks ago:

"And something tells me they won't reschedule the San Diego show,
but instead they'll opt for the brand new stadiums either in L.A. and/or Vegas Vegas) vs. the decrepit old San Diego stadium - that's just a hunch though.

But now seems more realistic than just the hunch I previously had, and that's only IF they decide to reschedule or if they're even able to.
As long as the coronavirus looms and threatens, nothing will be decided, and who knows how long it will take before massive scale stadium concerts are allowed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just dawned on me, I would have been gassing up my car right now for the short journey down to San Diego for a three night celebration to see the Stones on Friday....grrr...

Date: May 6, 2020 20:13

One good thing I heard this morning… I got a call from Southwest Airlines, and if you cancel any reservations with them between March 1 through Sept. 7 this year, you will have credit from those flights until Sept. 7, 2022! So that is good news if the concerts get rescheduled for before then. I have 2 very expensive tickets for my daughter and myself from San Diego to Tampa and back for July this year for the Tampa concert.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 6, 2020 20:16

They will not tour until 2022 at the earliest. That is my best prediction.

Bjornulf

Date: May 6, 2020 20:35

Thank you BV.

Date: May 6, 2020 20:58

Wondering how long they wait before they make some sort of announcement whether it's to reschedule or ultimately cancel?
With Bjornulf's best prediction being they won't tour until 2022 at the earliest, doesn't seem fathomable they'll be able to reschedule any time soon, and when they do to reschedule shows that far off in the future.
Many bands are rescheduling up to a year from now, and even that seems unreasonable to me - can't imagine getting a notification saying a show has been rescheduled to May 2022 two years from now!.
In my mind, best if they simply cancel everything as to not get people's hopes up any more than some already are, and then when the time is right (and the coast is clear of the virus) announce an entirely new tour.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: May 6, 2020 21:32

Hairball-100% my thoughts exactly. Bands that actually cancelled have the right idea. Why reschedule for a future date just to perhaps have to reschedule yet again?

Date: May 6, 2020 21:59

Glad I did Miami last year if that's how this plays out.

2022 is a long time from now. Hopefully not too long.

Date: May 6, 2020 22:02

TumblinDice76
Hairball-100% my thoughts exactly. Bands that actually cancelled have the right idea. Why reschedule for a future date just to perhaps have to reschedule yet again?

ZZ Top just did that. My wife and I had tix to see them at the Venetian in Vegas in March. Of course Vegas closed down, show was postponed, and then they rescheduled to August as if the coronavirus would be gone by then.
Was finally able to get a refund a few days ago as we weren't going to be anywhere near Vegas in August (and wouldn't want to even if we could), and then two days ago it was announced they rescheduled the Venetian shows to April 2021 next year! A double reschedule! lol

Last month, Roger Waters postponed his tour and hasn't rescheduled, but said he hopes to do so for next year but only if the circumstances improve - at least he's being realistic, honest, and not giving false hope.
He also said at the time that he personally contacted Ticketmaster to insure everyone will be able to get a refund if they wish, and without hesitation that's exactly what I did - four shows worth of refunds to be precise.

Due to the new refund policy, was able to get more refunds on May 1st.
Madness - rescheduled for may 2021 - refund.
Perry Farrell -rescheduled to this upcoming November - refund.
Still waiting on Supergrass who haven't rescheduled yet, but was told if not rescheduled after 60 days from original show date (April 1),
or if they cancel, or if they do reschedule - whatever comes first I'll be able to get a refund, so just a matter of time.

EDIT: And of course already got my Stones refunds as soon as I could. Was thinking if they reschedule I'd happily repurchase, but now even that's looking slim...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-06 22:06 by Hairball.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: May 6, 2020 22:36

I'm bummin' too... woulda probably arrived in LA by now for the drive down to SD for the opener... my nephew was gonna meet me for the binge. He's never been to Cali and after taking him to Foxborough last summer, he was ready for a big trip!

Thanks for the prediction, BV... 2022 is a long way off, but helps ease the pain of getting refunds for these shows. I would think they will cancel rather than have a 2-year postponement, but who knows how all these gigs will play out.

Still have The Black Crowes in Indy, Billy Joel in Cincinnati and Kiss w/David Lee Roth in Dayton on the schedule for August/September, but not holding out hope for any of them. Waiting on a refund option for the DLR Vegas residency show I was gonna come out for on 3-18, but none has shown up yet.

I am actually saving money at this point by laying low on my days off, a new concept for me!

Be healthy all you Rockers!

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 6, 2020 22:43

TKinOH
I'm bummin' too... woulda probably arrived in LA by now for the drive down to SD for the opener... my nephew was gonna meet me for the binge. He's never been to Cali and after taking him to Foxborough last summer, he was ready for a big trip!

Thanks for the prediction, BV... 2022 is a long way off, but helps ease the pain of getting refunds for these shows. I would think they will cancel rather than have a 2-year postponement, but who knows how all these gigs will play out.

Still have The Black Crowes in Indy, Billy Joel in Cincinnati and Kiss w/David Lee Roth in Dayton on the schedule for August/September, but not holding out hope for any of them. Waiting on a refund option for the DLR Vegas residency show I was gonna come out for on 3-18, but none has shown up yet.

I am actually saving money at this point by laying low on my days off, a new concept for me!

Be healthy all you Rockers!

Yeah my kid's got tickets for Motley Crue next month which still hasn't cancelled yet but I told him to kiss that one goodbye.

I have tickets for Blackberry Smoke/Allman Betts Band/Jaimoe in July at a small outdoor venue, and Michael Stanley/Atlanta Rhythm Section/The Babys in September at the same place, but I'm wondering if there'll be any live music anywhere before next summer at the earliest.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: May 6, 2020 22:51

Not lookin' good for live music in 2020, is it?

[www.nbcsandiego.com]

Good article on the SDSU campus/stadium project in Mission Valley... the stadium site shows a timeline of 2022 as the opening season in the new place, so SDCCU Stadium would still be there until after that as a contingency plan in case delays took the project past schedule.

[www.aztecstadium.com]

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 6, 2020 23:10

When live shows do open, I wonder if the seating plans will initially change? Maybe more space between seats and possibly no pit areas. Under those scenarios ticket prices would climb.

Also does anyone feel ticketmaster could use bankruptcy to get out of refunding
tickets? Ticketmaster’s creditors are technically all the individual ticket holders whom are waiting for a rescheduled show. Making matters worse, Ticketmaster is owned by Live Nation which is in dire straits as well. Live
Nation’s quarterly earnings report is due to hit this Thursday and it must be dismal.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 7, 2020 00:25

Concerts returning in Missouri, though little information provided.
[www.billboard.com]

Show scheduled for next week in Arkansas:
[liveforlivemusic.com]

Date: May 7, 2020 00:28

Maybe the Stones can do a 15 show residency in Missouri...centrally located in the US...just kidding...

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 7, 2020 00:39

Hairball
Maybe the Stones can do a 15 show residency in Missouri...centrally located in the US...just kidding...

Now your giving them ideas! For the sake of my health - I don’t need such
temptation! HaHa

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: May 7, 2020 02:14

swimtothemoon
Hairball

temptation! HaHa
Forget health...for the sake of our bank accounts!!

Date: May 7, 2020 05:25

iraq0708
swimtothemoon
Hairball

temptation! HaHa
Forget health...for the sake of our bank accounts!!

Well they can stay at my house. Heck. For free even. And all the bush light that can drink.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 7, 2020 05:49

TKinOH
Not lookin' good for live music in 2020, is it?

[www.nbcsandiego.com]

Good article on the SDSU campus/stadium project in Mission Valley... the stadium site shows a timeline of 2022 as the opening season in the new place, so SDCCU Stadium would still be there until after that as a contingency plan in case delays took the project past schedule.

[www.aztecstadium.com]

Would be laying eyes on the area this afternoon, specifically the old stadium, in a perfect world.
Scouting for merch trucks and sound checks.
Still hoping for a postponement and a redo in 2021.

Date: May 7, 2020 06:21

I just looked up the Travis McCready concert in Arkansas on Ticketmaster, and I'm assuming the Pit is completely off limits based on the new regulations. Go Travis!
Also seems not many "fan pods" have sold, so expecting a major price drop by Friday!

From Ultimate Classic Rock:

New Concert Suggests How Post-COVID-19 Seating Charts Might Work
Dave Lifton
May 5, 2020

Travis!

An upcoming show by Travis McCready of up-and-coming country rock group Bishop Gunn could possibly foreshadow how concerts will take place in a post-COVID-19 world.

As reported by Billboard, McCready is set to play TempleLive in Fort Smith, Ark., next Friday (May 15), three days before Arkansas' ban on live performances will be lifted. The 1,100-seat venue is reducing its capacity by 80 percent, to 229 people, with tickets being sold in "fan pods" -- groups of 2-13 seats that have been placed at least six feet apart, and must be purchased together.

All who attend will be required to wear face masks, which can be purchased on-site if necessary, and have their temperature taken before being allowed into the theater. TempleLive will be sanitized prior to the show with fog sprayers and all walkways will be one-way, per the guidelines set by the Centers for Disease Control. Beverages will either be pre-packaged or sold in containers with lids.

There will be a 10-person limit in each bathroom, with soap and paper towel dispensers being operable without having to touch them, and some restroom fixtures will be closed in order to maintain social distancing guidelines. Employees will wipe down all touch points in the restroom and throughout the venue. You can read all the guidelines at Ticketmaster's listing for the event.

Bishop Gunn were formed in 2016, releasing a self-titled EP that year and a full-length album named after their Mississippi hometown, Natchez, in 2018. Over the course of their brief career, they've opened up for Lynyrd Skynyrd, Slash and the Struts, and been in the lineup for two of Kid Rock's cruises.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-05-07 06:22 by Hairball.

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: May 7, 2020 06:46

bv

Bjornulf

I'll take your word for it. I'm just floored. I guess I'll see if I can get a refund. Hadn't considered it yet. I'll save my opinion on the idiocracy of the whole situation for another forum. What a disaster. I'm beyond angry.

Let's look at the bright side... New album for 2121!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: May 7, 2020 09:36

Sipuncula, yes, you can get a refund if you bought your ticket from Ticketmaster.

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: May 7, 2020 20:19

bv

All due respect, but at this early stage it's just useless and not serious at all to speculate like this. We live in may 2020, remember? That's a Lot of time, we don't know nothing yet. Apocalyptic talk is easy, because people will always listen, maybe not fully agree but a seed of doubt and anxiety is planted.

Let's wait and draw conclusions when new dates (or complete cancelation) arrive.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...6162636465666768697071...LastNext
Current Page: 66 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1880
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home