Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5960616263646566676869...LastNext
Current Page: 64 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 23, 2020 06:52

Yeah 5stringTele I know how you feel - sort of a weird feeling celebrating refunds...it's great to see them when they arrive, but then you start to think about what the $$$ was going towards in the first place.
Oh well, better to have it back in my hands than floating around in no man's land, and it is a reason to celebrate, but it sort of feels like a hollow victory...

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 23, 2020 10:46

American Airlines finally processed my refund of some 1050 €. It was processed yesterday, so I guess I will see it back on my card in a few days.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-23 11:15 by Topi.

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: April 23, 2020 19:47

In Belgium Ticketmaster refuses to pay back for TW Classic 2020 with Mc. Cartney as headliner Juni 21 2020.
You only get a credit for next year.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 23, 2020 21:43

Is anyone hanging on to their tickets for a possible rescheduling for next year.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 23, 2020 21:52

More Hot Rocks
Is anyone hanging on to their tickets for a possible rescheduling for next year.

Yes.
All my Lucky Dips and have even added a pair from recent returns.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: April 23, 2020 21:55

More Hot Rocks

Im still holding onto my LD's for Charlotte, Tampa, Atlanta.
Figure until they make a final annoucement they were cheap enough to hold onto.
If no annoucement is made by end of June or July, i will ask for a refund.

Date: April 23, 2020 22:59

More Hot Rocks

Refunded Nashville still got Dallas. Pretty sure I can ge the same seats for Nashville for less. Dallas not sure.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 23, 2020 23:13

More Hot Rocks

Yes, all of them.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: April 23, 2020 23:22

More Hot Rocks

I originally had tickets for three shows:

Minneapolis
Nashville
Atlanta

The only show that I have kept a ticket for is Nashville, as I've not been to that city before, and so would love to visit the place. The only reason I was going to Atlanta was because it was the last show of the tour. I can't imagine the schedule will be the same for the rescheduled shows, so I will take my chances with any other shows I can try and go to if and when the tour happens.

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 24, 2020 00:24

More Hot Rocks

I am.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: April 24, 2020 00:42

More Hot Rocks

I gave up my tickets for Nashville, but am planning to grab Detroit once announced.

Closer to home and already heading to Nashville in 2021 for anniversary.

Posted by: mysticwind ()
Date: April 24, 2020 01:14

[youtu.be]

Stones new song! Enjoy!

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: April 24, 2020 02:13

More Hot Rocks

Yes we are holding onto all our tickets, LDs for San Diego, Pits for Vancouver and Tampa.

Date: April 24, 2020 02:26

More Hot Rocks

No - was happy to get the refund for San Diego, but was never 100% satisfied with the seat I had to begin with as I really wanted Pit at face value - so the refund option was a blessing.
If and when they ever do reschedule, I'll happily repurchase a ticket, but will be patient and/or dilligent making sure I get exactly what I want. And something tells me they won't reschedule the San Diego show,
but instead they'll opt for the brand new stadiums either in L.A. and/or Vegas Vegas) vs. the decrepit old San Diego stadium - that's just a hunch though.
Ironically, face value Pits are now available for the San Diego show due to people returning tix, but not going to commit until there's an absolute official rescheduling and the "coast is clear" of any virus'....

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 24, 2020 02:33

Hairball
More Hot Rocks

No - was happy to get the refund for San Diego, but was never 100% satisfied with the seat I had to begin with as I really wanted Pit at face value - so the refund option was a blessing.
If and when they ever do reschedule, I'll happily repurchase a ticket, but will be patient and/or dilligent making sure I get exactly what I want. And something tells me they won't reschedule the San Diego show,
but instead they'll opt for the brand new stadiums either in L.A. and/or Vegas Vegas) vs. the decrepit old San Diego stadium - that's just a hunch though.
Ironically, face value Pits are now available for the San Diego show due to people returning tix, but not going to commit until there's an absolute official rescheduling and the "coast is clear" of any virus'....

So, were they playing the old Jack Murphy stadium? I had just assumed they were playing Petco (or whatever it is now). I love Petco for baseball but in general don't care for concerts in baseball parks. Jack Murphy is pretty decrepit though. I like San Diego. If I could afford it I would move down there.

Date: April 24, 2020 02:56

crholmstrom
Hairball
More Hot Rocks

So, were they playing the old Jack Murphy stadium? I had just assumed they were playing Petco (or whatever it is now). I love Petco for baseball but in general don't care for concerts in baseball parks. Jack Murphy is pretty decrepit though. I like San Diego. If I could afford it I would move down there.

Yeah it was the old decrepit football stadium. Generally I'm not a fan of concerts in baseball stadiums either (the odd shape, etc), but it might have been a better choice for a variety of reasons than the old football stadium which is on it's last leg and supposedly about to be demolished. Plus the location of Petco is in prime location downtown, while the football stadium is sort of out there in no mans land. On the other hand, the stage setup and overall sight lines are way better in football stadiums, so maybe that's the reasons they wanted all the shows in football stadiums. But oh well, doesn't really matter much for now while everyone is "living in a ghost town" lol...only time will tell what happens next...

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: April 24, 2020 07:46

More Hot Rocks

I didn’t spend a lot and I’m willing to wait awhile longer for a new date.

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: April 24, 2020 07:59

Jack Murphy (now SDCCU) stadium is often called decrepit or something synonymous but it’s not as old as other SoCal venues the Stones have played in, such as Dodger Stadium, the Rose Bowl, the Coliseum, or Angel Stadium. I’ll admit I haven’t been to an event at Jack Murphy stadium in awhile but I don’t think it’s crumbling to dust yet.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 24, 2020 12:43

Two days ago, I had decided to get refunds on my three sets of Lucky Dips, having read stories about the struggles of folks nationally and their resistance to refunding shows across the country but that they acceded to the pressure and said only for May would they give refunds. There was also speculation that TM would collapse and then we'd get no refunds for anything. I was going to request my refunds soon, prior to May. But then I get a text from 2014Slayer and a message from Topi that LDs for San Diego are again available from folks who got refunds. At first I told Slayer that I had decided to get refunds but I started thinking about it, then got a message from Topi, then starting reading about people keeping theirs or buying new ones and I thought what the hell, it's not that much money, and they won't be available again as they weren't when the shows were rescheduled last year, so changed my mind AND started trying to get them for SD but struck out with that. Then the LD links start going instead to all tickets to the shows.

My current thinking is they may reappear yet again as tix are refunded or I can always get cheap enough tix when the show is rescheduled or hell, might even try for last minute reduced price pits from the likes of StubHub like Hairball did at Desert Trip. Glad now I decided to hold onto my existing tix. And yes Hairball, not if, but WHEN the shows are rescheduled.

plexi

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-24 13:10 by timbernardis.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 24, 2020 15:27

timbernardis
Two days ago, I had decided to get refunds on my three sets of Lucky Dips, having read stories about the struggles of folks nationally and their resistance to refunding shows across the country but that they acceded to the pressure and said only for May would they give refunds. There was also speculation that TM would collapse and then we'd get no refunds for anything. I was going to request my refunds soon, prior to May. But then I get a text from 2014Slayer and a message from Topi that LDs for San Diego are again available from folks who got refunds. At first I told Slayer that I had decided to get refunds but I started thinking about it, then got a message from Topi, then starting reading about people keeping theirs or buying new ones and I thought what the hell, it's not that much money, and they won't be available again as they weren't when the shows were rescheduled last year, so changed my mind AND started trying to get them for SD but struck out with that. Then the LD links start going instead to all tickets to the shows.

My current thinking is they may reappear yet again as tix are refunded or I can always get cheap enough tix when the show is rescheduled or hell, might even try for last minute reduced price pits from the likes of StubHub like Hairball did at Desert Trip. Glad now I decided to hold onto my existing tix. And yes Hairball, not if, but WHEN the shows are rescheduled.

plexi

Most credit cards come with insurance and will reimburse you in situations where you lost money in cases such as a company goes out of business and you didn't get the services expected. American Express is especially good at this.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 24, 2020 17:58

kovach
timbernardis

plexi

Most credit cards come with insurance and will reimburse you in situations where you lost money in cases such as a company goes out of business and you didn't get the services expected. American Express is especially good at this.

Not sure that will be effective after a year or two.

Got my San Diego refunds. My AMEX card now has a credit balance. Does that make it a debit card?

Date: April 24, 2020 19:26

Head up for anyone interested - there should be a pair of Dallas Lucky Dips available soon if not already on Ticketmaster. Received refund overnight after requesting back on March 26th, so they beat the 30 day deadline!
Semi-bittersweet, but actually very sweet as I found out prior to postponement I couldn't have gone to Dallas anyways - not sure how easy (or even possible) it would have been to transfer or sell, so that's all taken care of.
So this chapters done as both Rolling Stones refunds back in account...good timing with new Stones tune to enjoy. Wondering about reschedule dates, but not holding my breath for that to happen anytime soon....

Now waiting on the final Roger Waters refund, along with inevitable postponement/cancellation of Steely Dan/Steve Winwood at Hollywood Bowl June 8th and the following refund battle that will ensue haha.
And still wondering about the Vegas ZZ Top tix that were rescheduled for this coming August...we won't be anywhere near Veags at that time, so hoping I'll be able to get a damn refund....
Then Madness rescheduled to may 2021 over a year from now...(wtf!)....and Supergrass - postponed w/no resheduled date yet and no refund option ...and Perry Farrell rescheduled to this coming November...really cheap ticket so not worried, and that seems a bit soon to be stuffed together with a few hundred people, so will probably sacrifice/donate ticket to someone if I can't get a refund................grrrr...........

Date: April 24, 2020 21:24

Received refunds on my credit card for two San Diego orders yesterday. Requested on April 2 so took 3 weeks exactly. Yes...bittersweet. My first Stones concert was in Chicago in 1972 I think. Stevie Wonder was their opening act and the Staple Singers were his back up singers! Have seen them at least a dozen times since but that concert was always hard to top! Hope we all get at least one more chance to experience their show!

Can anyone tell me what are Lucky Dips? Haven’t heard of those but lots of discussion on here.

Date: April 24, 2020 21:30

Never mind. Saw a forum here on LD’s so now understand. Never heard of these for the past 50 years smiling smiley

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: April 25, 2020 16:37

San Diego refund posted last night on my card, still being patient for my last one due for Detroit...

Did the wording in TM's statement last week say we might know rescheduled dates for various tours by 5-1, so refunds can be officially available for that 30-day window? Curious how others interpreted that?

[www.pollstar.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-25 16:40 by TKinOH.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: April 25, 2020 21:01

likecats
Jack Murphy (now SDCCU) stadium is often called decrepit or something synonymous but it’s not as old as other SoCal venues the Stones have played in, such as Dodger Stadium, the Rose Bowl, the Coliseum, or Angel Stadium. I’ll admit I haven’t been to an event at Jack Murphy stadium in awhile but I don’t think it’s crumbling to dust yet.

I said, "Your old court house is kind of run down"
He said, "Naw, it'll do for our little town"
- Johnny Cash, "Ragged Old Flag"

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: April 26, 2020 00:02

FYI

[consequenceofsound.net]

Biggest item is it sounds like if show isn’t rescheduled within 60 days of May 1st, the 30 day window will open in early July and likely close in early August.

Something to monitor if you have tickets still. I would think this would motivate companies to announce rescheduled dates or risk people cashing due to unknown future date.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 26, 2020 06:19

Got my refund for Vancouver show today, only 11 days to process! Guess I'll be charging things to my American Express for a while since I have a huge credit, which will get larger when the ZZ Top and Roger Waters credits come through. Still haven't got any news from Ticketmaster for the Journey/Pretenders concert scheduled for May 18. I will take the refund option if it's available.

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: April 27, 2020 18:00

Foo Fighters just released that it reschedules all of its shows for June 2021. I hope the Stones will do the same soon and that fans who still have tickets can use them next year.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: April 27, 2020 18:07

More Hot Rocks

Yep, I am holding on to mine, maybe if nothing happens I'll ask for a refund but I'll give 'em some more time.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5960616263646566676869...LastNext
Current Page: 64 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1584
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home