Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5758596061626364656667...LastNext
Current Page: 62 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: barkeeper ()
Date: April 19, 2020 19:43

Just got the refund for Cleveland! Cancelled on March 29.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 19, 2020 19:51

barkeeper

Excellent. If they haven't already, it seems LiveNation/TM are beginning to feel the pressure with all the recent bad press and demands from politicians.

Posted this in the Roger Waters thread (a message he put out yesterday), but it's also relevant here:

is

Nice to hear he actually went out of h way to make sure the fans are taken care of with refunds, and he's one person they wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 19, 2020 21:28

Hairball
barkeeper

Excellent. If they haven't already, it seems LiveNation/TM are beginning to feel the pressure with all the recent bad press and demands from politicians.

Posted this in the Roger Waters thread (a message he put out yesterday), but it's also relevant here:

is

Nice to hear he actually went out of h way to make sure the fans are taken care of with refunds, and he's one person they wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of!

Good policy from Roger. That matters.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 19, 2020 23:41

Yesterday I checked on ticketmaster and it showed that I was able to apply for a refund for ZZ Top May 1 Abbotsford show! Recently the show was postponed til April 2021 and it didn't show any refund option but now it shows! I figure if they do come next April, I'll just get tickets then since the show wasn't sold out . Now I'm just waiting for Journey/Pretenders May 18. Haven't got any notification of it even being postponed.

Posted by: ChrisMahavishnu ()
Date: April 20, 2020 13:15

I just received a refund for my pit ticket to Charlotte which I requested about a fortnight ago. I will continue to hold onto my lucky dips to other shows, but I preferred not to hold onto expensive tickets to shows which I may not be able to attend.

I'm intent on attending the rescheduled shows whenever they happen to be rescheduled smiling smiley

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: April 20, 2020 16:58

My refund for Roger Waters Boston show was just deposited. Still waiting on Stones in Charlotte $.
Here's hoping to seeing lots of great music in 2021 - I know I'll never complain about set lists again!

Posted by: AlohaDoug ()
Date: April 20, 2020 17:10

So my regular on-sale Atlanta ticket refund posted over the weekend, less than ten days after I requested it. However, for the two Atlanta tickets I purchased in the "fan club" pre sale there is STILL no refund button. WTF? I can't even ask for a refund on fan club tix, but already have my money back on regular on sale tickets?

Why am I not surprised?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 20, 2020 17:41

The Stones should consider bringing back their lotus stage to open this new, largest football stadium in the world, lotus stadium being built in China to open in 2022. cool smiley

[edition.cnn.com]

Date: April 20, 2020 19:02

IGTBA
I think the Rolling Stones, their promotors, and TicketMaster have handled this difficult situation relatively well; at least so far.

So far, I have received three refunds for Stones tickets (Nashville, Louisville, and Charlotte). They took between 17 and 24 days, from the time I "Requested to Cancel" until the refund cleared to my credit card account. While that is a long delay, and there also was a delay between when the tour was postponed and when "Request to Cancel" became available, this is an unprecedented situation, with virtually all concert/events worldwide postponed. I was frustrated with the delay, as I had to pay my credit card company for all my tickets, before I received any refunds. But it appears Stones ticket refunds from Ticketmaster are going through faster than the 30+ days Ticketmaster initially told us; and I did everything only through the "Request to Cancel" links under My Tickets.

I'm still waiting for another six refunds, but the earliest was requested 19 days ago; and I waited until early this week to request refunds for three LDs.

It appears the combination of the Stones, their promoters, and TM is doing better than most other performers in enabling their fans to get complete refunds; although it took a long time for Atlanta to offer the request refund link.

Similar timeframe, my Charlotte refund took 21 days.

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: April 20, 2020 21:16

You'd think flex pricing would lower ticket prices now, but nope!

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: April 20, 2020 21:47

New York just canceled all large gatherings for June including Gay Pride parade and Puerto Rican parade.

Posted by: Kerryann ()
Date: April 21, 2020 01:14

Happy to say I received two more refunds overnight. We now have refunds for Nashville, Vancouver and Minneapolis. Just waiting on the San Diego one and a couple of hotel refunds and we will be almost all paid out.
Air New Zealand only offering credits, not refunds unless you've purchased a refundable seat even though they've cancelled the flight. No worries though cause it gives us hope that we will travel again next year.

Pretty good outcome all up, all is not lost after all.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 21, 2020 01:51

Kerryann
Happy to say I received two more refunds overnight. We now have refunds for Nashville, Vancouver and Minneapolis. Just waiting on the San Diego one and a couple of hotel refunds and we will be almost all paid out.
Air New Zealand only offering credits, not refunds unless you've purchased a refundable seat even though they've cancelled the flight. No worries though cause it gives us hope that we will travel again next year.

Not sure what the law states in New Zealand but if you push the airline they should refund you if they cancelled.I had twelve flights booked for various places around the world this month including Australia and I got refunds processed for all.Personally I would not take vouchers if at all possible from any company in the current climate.No company is too big to go bust and if they do then those vouchers become worthless.Earlier today Virgin Australia were put into administration after being refused a bailout from the Australian government.

Nate

Posted by: Kerryann ()
Date: April 21, 2020 02:05

Nate
Kerryann

Not sure what the law states in New Zealand but if you push the airline they should refund you if they cancelled.I had twelve flights booked for various places around the world this month including Australia and I got refunds processed for all.Personally I would not take vouchers if at all possible from any company in the current climate.No company is too big to go bust and if they do then those vouchers become worthless.Earlier today Virgin Australia were put into administration after being refused a bailout from the Australian government.

Nate

I have called Air NZ and they won't refund as the cause for cancellation was outside their control. They won't go bust because the government needs them to stay viable and will bail them out. We are so remote we need our local airline to remain viable for trade etc. Can't wait for all this to be over and get back to life as normal.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: April 21, 2020 04:32

MisterDDDD
The Stones should consider bringing back their lotus stage to open this new, largest football stadium in the world, lotus stadium being built in China to open in 2022.

If The Rolling Stones want to signal to the world how tone deaf they are, then by all means collaborate (on anything) with the Communist Chinese. As for that gaudy Lotus Stadium, it looks a Chinese whorehouse.

Date: April 21, 2020 04:37

DREAMTIME
New York just canceled all large gatherings for June including Gay Pride parade and Puerto Rican parade.

Were you hoping to see The Rolling Stones perform at either, or both?

If this has become a broader discussion of "the likelihood of them rescheduling by June" or something note the Edinburgh International Festival in late Aug/early Sep was cancelled two weeks ago on account of COVID-19 pandemic concerns. In other words, it's extremely unlikely The Rolling Stones will reschedule anything for this year.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 21, 2020 04:58

StonedInTokyo
MisterDDDD
The Stones should consider bringing back their lotus stage to open this new, largest football stadium in the world, lotus stadium being built in China to open in 2022.

If The Rolling Stones want to signal to the world how tone deaf they are, then by all means collaborate (on anything) with the Communist Chinese. As for that gaudy Lotus Stadium, it looks a Chinese whorehouse.

Light hearted humor mainly, sorry to strike several nerves.
Opening concert at the worlds largest football stadium would likely appeal to them regardless.
If they continue touring in '22 and the virus was eradicated or manageable w vaccines treatments etc. of course, big ifs.

Date: April 21, 2020 05:08

barkeeper

Ok, but how do we get a refund on Cleveland? Not the show, the city.

Date: April 21, 2020 05:09

MisterDDDD

COVID-19 humor is not permitted. Now crawl back into a corner and live in fear!

Date: April 21, 2020 05:14

MisterDDDD
Opening concert at the worlds largest football stadium would likely appeal to them regardless.If they continue touring in '22 and the virus was eradicated or manageable w vaccines treatments etc. of course, big ifs.

It would appeal to them, but I don't think having an iconic FOREIGN act open that venue would appeal to the Communist Chinese. However they choose to open it, my hunch is they'll choose something that appeals to Communist Chinese nationalism and Chinese culture in general.

I do understand when big ifs are involved. If my Aunt had nuts she'd be my Uncle.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: April 21, 2020 05:17

MisterDDDD
StonedInTokyo
MisterDDDD

Opening concert at the worlds largest football stadium would likely appeal to them regardless.
If they continue touring in '22 and the virus was eradicated or manageable w vaccines treatments etc. of course, big ifs.

I would think Asia and Australia would be on the Stones' radar if things are trending towards normal (last tour there was 2014).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-21 05:18 by Dougratajczak87.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: April 21, 2020 06:05

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 21, 2020 11:06

Been 7 days since I requested the refund from American, and still "pending". As per the EU Regulation they have to pay me within 7 days (not 7 business days, as American itself says). Let's see if I have it by my birthday, which is this Sunday...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 21, 2020 11:38

SAS did not return my ticket money yet. After a week of waiting, I called them today. They told me it would take more than a month... So they have spent my flight ticket money already.

Norwegian Airlines meanwhile (I never use them) filed four of their affiliates companies hiring pilots for bankruptcy this week.

Norwegian says 4,700 jobs at risk after unit bankruptcies, contracts axed (Reuters 20 April 2020)

OSLO (Reuters) - Norwegian Air (NWC.OL) on Monday reported that four Swedish and Danish subsidiaries had filed for bankruptcy and that it had ended staffing contracts in Europe and the United States, putting some 4,700 jobs at risk.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-21 11:39 by bv.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 21, 2020 12:01

yeah, I guess Norwegian was in pretty bad situation financially even before the pandemic?

Date: April 21, 2020 12:37

bv
SAS did not return my ticket money yet.

Is it too late to file a charge dispute with your credit card issuer? I imagine there are many companies now using the COVID-19 pandemic as an excuse to stiff people on their rightly deserved refunds.

Date: April 21, 2020 13:24

StonedInTokyo
bv
SAS did not return my ticket money yet.

Is it too late to file a charge dispute with your credit card issuer? I imagine there are many companies now using the COVID-19 pandemic as an excuse to stiff people on their rightly deserved refunds.

SAS will not go bankrupt. The governments in Sweden and Denmark will save them. I will probably get the refund during the summer.

If I don't get my money back for my intercontinental flight within a couple of months, then I will add that cost to my refund case to my travel insurance company. They have told me they will cover any loss I have from the tour cancellation. It helps a lot to have a superior travel insurance.

Bjornulf

Date: April 21, 2020 13:32

Topi
yeah, I guess Norwegian was in pretty bad situation financially even before the pandemic?

Norwegian Airlines ordered 222 airplanes back in 2012, including 100 Boeing 737 Max8. They have been gambling high on extreme growth, and they did never really make any money. Now they have been offered a rescue line by the Norwegian authorities, because they are needed as a competitor to SAS in our local market. The shareholders will loose most of their money, but the company might survive. They are on thin ice right now, it is all in the hands of their shareholders.

Personally I think they have been running unethical, same way as Ryanair, with crews from Asia and other places on minimum payments. I hate to fly cheap when I know the low price comes from bad workers conditions. That is one of the reasons why I have been avoiding flying with them.

Bjornulf

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: April 21, 2020 14:11

Nate
... but if you push the airline they should refund you if they cancelled.I had twelve flights booked for various places around the world this month including Australia and I got refunds processed for all....
Nate

I'm struggling with Air Tahiti Nui (French company based in Tahiti). Despite all of my emails, they only want to offer me a voucher - despite EU Regulations which apparently back my claim... Not sure how to go about this (registered letter followed by court?!)

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 21, 2020 15:04

FrogSugar
Nate
... but if you push the airline they should refund you if they cancelled.I had twelve flights booked for various places around the world this month including Australia and I got refunds processed for all....
Nate

I'm struggling with Air Tahiti Nui (French company based in Tahiti). Despite all of my emails, they only want to offer me a voucher - despite EU Regulations which apparently back my claim... Not sure how to go about this (registered letter followed by court?!)

If the flight was starting in the EU and the airline cancelled then 100% they are legally bound to refund you in full.I expect you’ve tried phoning them maybe look up to see if they have different offices around the world and try calling each one until you get through (you can use Skype or something similar to call for free) remind them of the law and don’t take no for an answer.If they don’t play ball you can use something called section 75 on the credit card you used which will enable you to get the money back also most debit cards will offer a chargeback service to get your money back.
Lots of airlines are being extremely difficult and tricky in refunding passengers but you just have to keep pushing and reminding them you have the law behind you.

Nate

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5758596061626364656667...LastNext
Current Page: 62 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2119
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home