Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566...LastNext
Current Page: 61 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Date: April 17, 2020 03:19

Dougratajczak87
BitchKeepsBitchin
I requested a refund about a month ago but never got the refund. So I just checked TM and here is the mew message there. If you want your money back you have to try to resell your ticket? Anyone want to buy my tickets? What a joke!

If your event was postponed or rescheduled and you are unable to attend (and resale is enabled for your event), you can sell your tickets to other fans on our safe and simple Ticketmaster resale marketplace. If refunds are not allowed for your event and you post through ticketmaster.com, we will waive seller fees for fans that create(d) resale postings from March 17 through May 31.
For additional information, you can contact our Fan Support team. Please note that due to the high volume of inquiries, we are experiencing longer than normal wait times. We very much appreciate your patience and understanding at this time.
For now, we want to thank you for being such a valued part of the live entertainment family. We are working around the clock on solutions to make this process as streamlined as possible for our fans.

Is this for a Stones show that you experienced this issue?

Yes this is for the Louisville show.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 17, 2020 04:00

BitchKeepsBitchin
Dougratajczak87
BitchKeepsBitchin
I requested a refund about a month ago but never got the refund. So I just checked TM and here is the mew message there. If you want your money back you have to try to resell your ticket? Anyone want to buy my tickets? What a joke!

If your event was postponed or rescheduled and you are unable to attend (and resale is enabled for your event), you can sell your tickets to other fans on our safe and simple Ticketmaster resale marketplace. If refunds are not allowed for your event and you post through ticketmaster.com, we will waive seller fees for fans that create(d) resale postings from March 17 through May 31.
For additional information, you can contact our Fan Support team. Please note that due to the high volume of inquiries, we are experiencing longer than normal wait times. We very much appreciate your patience and understanding at this time.
For now, we want to thank you for being such a valued part of the live entertainment family. We are working around the clock on solutions to make this process as streamlined as possible for our fans.

Is this for a Stones show that you experienced this issue?

Yes this is for the Louisville show.

Just when you think ticketmaster has hit a new low...

Had to look at both of my Stones orders on TM again- San Diego which has already been refunded/credited to account, and Dallas which has been refunded but not processed/credited back yet.

Both say: "Your Order Has Been Canceled
Due to the unprecedented volume of cancelations, please note
that you should expect to receive your refund in as soon as
30 days if your event was impacted by the COVID-19 situation".

Are you clicking on your specific orders in your account BitchKeepsBitchin and see that new message?

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: April 17, 2020 10:40

I've received refunds for Nashville and St Louis today.
syrel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-17 10:40 by syrel.

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: April 17, 2020 10:53

Stones are so inventive, they bring out everything to spend your money on it.
I'm asking myself: The thought to bring out Mouth Mask with the tongue on it?

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: April 17, 2020 13:53

Pleasantly surprised and slightly shocked to receive a refund today from Ticketmaster!

Delta Airlines took 36 hours between the initial phone call to ask for a refund and the money being back on my card. Very impressive.

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 17, 2020 15:06

[www.cbc.ca]

Live Nation/Ticketmaster decision to withhold refunds 'reprehensible,' say fans, members of Congress

COVID-19 pandemic leaves world’s largest entertainment company scrambling for cash

... Meanwhile, the company is slashing executive salaries to save money and has pulled together $3.3 billion in reserves, loans and cash in company accounts.

But that's not enough to refund all concert tickets, which in 2019 brought in $9.4 billion in revenue — not to mention another $1.5 billion in ticketing fees.

The company says once fans buy tickets, a large share of the money is forwarded to venues, artists and promotion companies, and isn't held by Live Nation/Ticketmaster.

But some industry insiders say that doesn't square with how Live Nation has operated since merging with Ticketmaster in 2010. For many events, the company now acts as promoter, venue owner, artist manager, as well as the box office.

Former Live Nation senior executive Tim Chambers says the company, and other major industry players, have been "gambling" with ticket revenue in recent years.

He said they use the revenue that comes in as "effectively free cash" to help grow the business.

"Responsible promoters should have enough access to cash to pay for their operations without utilizing the advanced ticket sales, which should be held in a consumer escrow account," Chambers said, speaking from his office in London, where he works as an industry consultant.

The Wimbledon Tennis Championships is the only organization he's aware of that bought pandemic insurance.

"No one assumed all the dominoes would be swept off the board," he said.

However, with the COVID-19 shutdown, fans are now demanding refunds en masse and asking Live Nation difficult questions.

"People aren't stupid," he said. "Where is the money?"

Some of Live Nation's competitors, who are themselves struggling to pay out refunds for cancelled shows, have been critical of the industry leader.

"The money's supposed to be held aside. It's not Ticketmaster's money. It's not Live Nation's money until a show takes place," said Jerry Mickelson of Chicago-based Jam Productions, one of the largest independent live entertainment producers in the U.S.

"The coronavirus must not be used as an excuse to delay or not repay the fans their money on a timely basis."

'2020 is done'

Live Nation is asking for patience in what is a cataclysmic disruption in the industry.

They aren't alone in being side-swiped.

StubHub, one of the world's largest resale ticket websites, is facing a multimillion-dollar class action suit in the U.S. after it scrapped its FanProtect guarantee to refund all cancelled tickets.

"A pandemic, first of all, it's not unforeseeable," said lawyer Nick Coulson, who is representing a Wisconsin man who filed the lawsuit on behalf of all StubHub customers.

"It's not the only thing that would have resulted in cancellations on a wide scale like this. You could have had war. You could have had terror. You could have had an unanticipated labour strike."

StubHub, which has yet to file any formal reply in court, declined CBC's request for comment.

The live-streaming boom proves that accessibility in live music can — and should — be a priority.

Eric Fuller, an entertainment industry consultant based in California, predicts StubHub will go bankrupt. He says Live Nation and other large players will need to collaborate to reboot the industry once the threat of COVID-19 subsides.

"2020 is done," he said. "I don't see how any responsible organization can take the risk of holding an event that starts a second-wave infection."

He said he expects any return to normal will begin with very small live events, outdoors, until public health officials — and the public — are confident that attending concerts, theatre and other live events is safe.

"It requires planning. Otherwise, you're going to have every company on the planet going, 'Cool, we can start again on Jan. 1, 2021,' and you're going to have seven trillion events for sale and you're going to have six people that are ready to go. You're just going to have a complete faceplant."

But any talk of reviving the sports and entertainment industries is still a long way off. And in the meantime, cash-strapped ticket-buyers just want their money back.

Winnipeg hockey fan Vanessa Manary has been unable to get $300 refunded from Ticketmaster for a March 15 game between the Winnipeg Jets and Vancouver Canucks that remains "postponed."

Choir consequences: Why virtual concerts just don't cut it for choral ensembles
She said she's desperate to get her money back so she can help her 22-year-old daughter, a flight attendant who was recently laid off.

"It doesn't matter what you call it, postponed, cancelled," she said.

"This isn't business as usual. Step it up! Like you guys have to smarten up and do what everyone else is doing. Just give us our money back so we can at least feed our kids and help our family."

Posted by: tumblinbrian ()
Date: April 17, 2020 15:40

Geez

All this Gloom and Doom!

I just want to see the band.

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: April 17, 2020 15:55

I requested my refund for Charlotte NC on march 29,
and received the money for my lucky dips yesterday.

Hope to see you somewhere on the road on a next tour... :-)

Date: April 17, 2020 16:21

ErwinH
I requested my refund for Charlotte NC on march 29,
and received the money for my lucky dips yesterday.

Hope to see you somewhere on the road on a next tour... :-)

Good for you! I actually got Charlotte yesterday too, and woke up to a refund for Vancouver this morning. Still waiting for the other two, trying not to get my hopes up. I’ve never been a gambler ... is this what it feels like to play slot machines? You never know what you’re gonna get.

And yes, I still have hope that there will be a Next Time.

Date: April 17, 2020 17:51

Well look what showed up from TM today...on Amex statement.

Apr 15
Credit

TM *THE ROLLING STONLOS ANGELES CA

-$896.85

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Date: April 17, 2020 19:59

'"Live Nation/Ticketmaster decision to withhold refunds 'reprehensible,' say fans, members of Congress"' [www.cbc.ca]

Interesting article SomeTorontoGirl, thanks. It was just a matter of time before the sh*t hit the fan.

"The coronavirus must not be used as an excuse to delay or not repay the fans their money on a timely basis".

The executives should be forced to write this 100 times on a chalkboard while livestreaming it to all of their employees.

And good to see some of the refunds being processed again...thumbs up

Date: April 17, 2020 21:20

Enjoy the spring Bjornulf. And this year you will be home for strawberry season.

Posted by: Kerryann ()
Date: April 18, 2020 00:10

Happy to see our Nashville refund come through overnight. Just waiting on the other three now with fingers firmly crossed.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: April 18, 2020 01:35

New ticketmaster policy

Live Nation will also offer fans an option to receive a 150% credit for the value of their tickets to be used for a future Live Nation show. Fans will also be able to donate the proceeds of their refund to a charity to give concert tickets to health care workers, with the value of each donation matched by Live Nation

[www.billboard.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 18, 2020 01:52

artedm
New ticketmaster policy

Live Nation will also offer fans an option to receive a 150% credit for the value of their tickets to be used for a future Live Nation show. Fans will also be able to donate the proceeds of their refund to a charity to give concert tickets to health care workers, with the value of each donation matched by Live Nation

[www.billboard.com]

For those with patience, optimism, and income, the 150% credit is not a bad deal.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 18, 2020 03:17

MisterDDDD
artedm
New ticketmaster policy

[www.billboard.com]

For those with patience, optimism, and income, the 150% credit is not a bad deal.

As long as they don't pull a chapter 11

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 18, 2020 03:25

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-18 03:28 by Title5Take1.

Date: April 18, 2020 03:33

artedm
New ticketmaster policy

[www.billboard.com]

"For cancelled shows fans can choose to receive up to 150% of their ticket value as Concert Cash, and for rescheduled shows they will receive Concert Cash once they attend the new date," a statement from Live Nation reads. "Those looking for ways to give back can opt to donate their tickets to health care workers through Live Nation’s expanded Hero Nation program. And anyone who needs or wants their money back will have the option to get a full refund within 30 days once a show has been canceled or new dates have been finalized."

Nice idea for those who want 150% credit, but I imagine ticket prices will increase 50% by the time things get back to "normal" - not to mention the "Platinum" ticket fiasco will probably be taken to another level.
Also, I don't see anywere in that Billboard article where it says Live Nation will match the value of each donation for those who go for that option - am I missing something?
All I see is:"Live Nation will also offer fans an option to receive credit for cancelled and postponed shows through the Rock When You Are Ready program, or they can donate their tickets to health care workers through the Hero Nation program" and "Those looking for ways to give back can opt to donate their tickets to health care workers through Live Nation’s expanded Hero Nation program".
Whether Live Nation matches the donations or not, I guess it's a nice idea. Now where are my refunds....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-18 03:37 by Hairball.

Date: April 18, 2020 04:29

I quote the article directly:
fans will also be able to donate the proceeds of their refund to a charity to give concert tickets to health care workers, with the value of each donation matched by Live Nation

Hairball
artedm
New ticketmaster policy

[www.billboard.com]

"For cancelled shows fans can choose to receive up to 150% of their ticket value as Concert Cash, and for rescheduled shows they will receive Concert Cash once they attend the new date," a statement from Live Nation reads. "Those looking for ways to give back can opt to donate their tickets to health care workers through Live Nation’s expanded Hero Nation program. And anyone who needs or wants their money back will have the option to get a full refund within 30 days once a show has been canceled or new dates have been finalized."

Nice idea for those who want 150% credit, but I imagine ticket prices will increase 50% by the time things get back to "normal" - not to mention the "Platinum" ticket fiasco will probably be taken to another level.
Also, I don't see anywere in that Billboard article where it says Live Nation will match the value of each donation for those who go for that option - am I missing something?
All I see is:"Live Nation will also offer fans an option to receive credit for cancelled and postponed shows through the Rock When You Are Ready program, or they can donate their tickets to health care workers through the Hero Nation program" and "Those looking for ways to give back can opt to donate their tickets to health care workers through Live Nation’s expanded Hero Nation program".
Whether Live Nation matches the donations or not, I guess it's a nice idea. Now where are my refunds....

Date: April 18, 2020 04:46

That's weird artedm as I still don't see that exact quote or any reference to Live Nation matching donations when I open the billboard link. confused smiley

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: April 18, 2020 04:51

It can only help that you dispute the charges while waiting for your refund(s).

Date: April 18, 2020 05:11

Another article from the NY Times updated at 9:02 p.m. ET:

Under Fire, Live Nation Outlines New Ticket Refund Plan

LiveNation/Ticketmaster

The company, which owns Ticketmaster, responded after complaints by consumers
who bought tickets for shows that could not be held because of the pandemic.

By Ben Sisario
April 17, 2020

Live Nation Entertainment, the global concert giant that owns Ticketmaster, announced a program on Friday to offer refunds and coupons for canceled and postponed shows, after weeks of criticism online and growing pressure from lawmakers. According to Live Nation’s plan, which starts May 1, people can obtain refunds for canceled or rescheduled shows. Like another plan instituted this week by AEG Presents, Live Nation’s biggest corporate rival, refunds for postponed shows will be available for 30 days once new dates have been set. For events that already have new dates, customers’ 30-day refund window will start May 1.

Live Nation has also offered incentives for its customers to hold on to their tickets — and therefore let the company to hold on to revenue. For canceled shows, Live Nation is offering its customers credits worth 150 percent of their tickets’ value to use on future events. Customers who decide to go to shows when they are rescheduled will also receive credits, but for lesser amounts that may vary for each event. Live Nation’s program applies only to events in the United States. News of Live Nation’s new program was first reported by Billboard.

After the concert world ground to a halt last month, Live Nation and Ticketmaster came under intense criticism for their slow response to refund requests. Ticketmaster was also attacked for changing the language on its website about its refund process, although the company said its underlying policy, in effect for years, had not changed. But the company said Friday that its plan was not a response to the criticism and had been in the works for days as part of an effort to address the unique market conditions brought on by the pandemic.

This week, a New York state senator, James Skoufis, announced an investigation into the business practices of ticketing companies, including Ticketmaster, and asked the New York attorney general to open an investigation into the company. On Friday, two Democratic members of Congress — Katie Porter, of California, and Bill Pascrell of New Jersey, a longtime critic of Ticketmaster and Live Nation — called on the companies to refund fans’ money. “With Americans weathering the brutal and continuing impacts of this global crisis, your decision to confiscate their money is reprehensible and should be reversed immediately,” the Congressmen wrote in a letter to Live Nation and Ticketmaster officials.

Date: April 18, 2020 05:57

here is the letter
Katie Porter and Bill Pascrell sent
[pascrell.house.gov]
and ticketmaster response
[blog.ticketmaster.com]

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: April 18, 2020 06:47

Hairball
That's weird artedm as I still don't see that exact quote or any reference to Live Nation matching donations when I open the billboard link. confused smiley

I can see it in the last sentence of the fourth paragraph.

Date: April 18, 2020 07:27

likecats
Hairball

Not on my end when I open link (Billboard )- I can see where fans can donate their tickets to health care workers, but there's nothing about Live Nation matching those donations.
A bit of a mystery...maybe there's a differently worded article depending on one's location, but that's something I've never heard of before....

Here in California, copied and pasted verbatim from billboard article link:

Ticketmaster Preparing Refund Plan for Thousands of Postponed Shows

4/17/2020 by Dave Brooks

In total, so far, the company has 55,000 events on its platform representing $2 billion in ticket sales for all of 2020.

Ticketmaster is finalizing a plan to begin offering refunds for concerts by Billie Eilish, Taylor Swift and artists performing more in more that 18,000 concerts and events that had to be postponed because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Starting May 1, fans who bought tickets for shows that have been postponed will begin receiving emails from Ticketmaster with the concert’s new dates and the option to initiate a refund including the ticket price and all fees. Fans will have 30 days to request a refund, otherwise their ticket will be good for the rescheduled show.

Live Nation will also offer fans an option to receive credit for cancelled and postponed shows through the Rock When You Are Ready program, or they can donate their tickets to health care workers through the Hero Nation program.

The refund plan comes after a month of negotiations with five major talent agencies -- WME, Paradigm, CAA, ICM and UTA -- scheduling meetings with the professional sports leagues looking to reschedule games in the buildings were the shows are set to take place and coordination with AEG who is going to offer refunds to its customers under the same terms and method as Live Nation. In total, Ticketmaster has already cancelled or postponed 30,000 events representing $2 billion in ticket sales and another 25,000 events that are still scheduled to take place through the end of year. Ticketmaster is expecting some of those events will be postponed or canceled throughout the year and will begin offering refunds on a rolling basis.

Ticketmaster has come under fire for not immediately offering refunds after shows were postponed, but company officials tell Billboard the business doesn’t hold ticket sales money. Instead, it forwards the sales revenue to its clients, including promoters like Live Nation and AEG, who then pay deposits to talent agents for the artists booked to play shows.

Under normal circumstances, most rescheduled shows have low refund rates, but Live Nation isn’t sure what is going to happen when fans -- some badly in need of cash -- are given the chance to receive refunds on their tickets. AEG and Live Nation had to work through thousands of tour deals to lower the risk for shows they’ve already paid artist guarantees on and find ways to share any downside with artists.

While the negotiation played out, a drumbeat of criticism against the company began to build as it worked through the complex logistics of canceling and rescheduling what was supposed to be the busiest summer in live music ever. Sources say Live Nation was hesitant to detail the refund efforts because it didn’t want to negotiate with artists and clients in the press. But as the company stayed tight-lipped, a narrative that Ticketmaster wasn’t going to offer any refunds began to develop and politicians like congress members like freshman Katie Porter (D-CA) and longtime critic Bill Pascrell (D-N.J.) accused Live Nation of taking advantage of the pandemic in the interest of profit.

"People across the country are having to make adjustments in their lives to keep everyone safe. Ticketmaster can do its part by giving people their money back,” Porter said in a statement to Billboard. “Let's be clear: they can do this without government action, and they can do it today. Ticketmaster should do the right thing and stop trying to profit off a pandemic."

The criticism frustrated Live Nation officials, who had taken large pay cuts to avoid laying off staff, started a $10 million fund to support road crews which were out of work because of the crisis and have kept thousands of people working on the Herculean rescheduling effort via zoom meetings, conference calls and teleconferencing.

From there Ticketmaster will work with venue and promoter clients that have postponed shows, although a source tells Billboard clients have the ultimate say on whether to offer refunds for shows that have been moved to another date. Ticketmaster will encourage venues to offer refunds for a limited window -- the company wants to avoid scalpers dumping large blocks of tickets days before a show because the tickets weren’t fetching a high retail price.

The large refund effort should cover most concerts and festivals through July. Tickets for events in August and the fall that haven’t been canceled will be addressed at a later date, if the shows do end up having to be rescheduled or terminated. Refunds for the NBA and NHL games are being controlled by the teams and leagues, Billboard has learned, and are still being worked through.

“It just takes time to work through the math and work with the calendar. When you move a Friday show to a Monday night, you don't know what is going to happen with the fans,” a source at Live Nation tells Billboard. “We had to move slow to get it right and we hoped by May we would have some clarity on dates and agreed terms.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-18 07:29 by Hairball.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 18, 2020 07:57

daspyknows
MisterDDDD
artedm
New ticketmaster policy

[www.billboard.com]

As long as they don't pull a chapter 11

Part of the "optimism" package cool smiley

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: April 18, 2020 10:28

Hairball
likecats
Hairball

Not on my end when I open link (Billboard )- I can see where fans can donate their tickets to health care workers, but there's nothing about Live Nation matching those donations.
A bit of a mystery...maybe there's a differently worded article depending on one's location, but that's something I've never heard of before....

Here in California, copied and pasted verbatim from billboard article link:

Ticketmaster Preparing Refund Plan for Thousands of Postponed Shows

Curiouser and curiouser....I clicked on it again and still see this:

"For cancelled shows, refunds will be automatically processed within 30 days, unless fans voluntarily opt into other programs," a statement from the company reads. "Live Nation venues will offer fans an option to receive a 150% credit for the value of their tickets to be used for a future Live Nation show. Fans will also be able to donate the proceeds of their refund to a charity to give concert tickets to health care workers, with Live Nation matching ticket donations."

I agree we’re seeing different versions of the article.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 18, 2020 15:05

I wouldn’t trust these motherfuxxers.I would personally keep the ticket and give it to charity myself.What use is a voucher for 150% if they go bust.They expect the public to prop up their companies with illegal loans.
These people should be sent to prison and placed in a cell with a 300lb gorilla.

Nate

Date: April 18, 2020 20:49

likecats
I agree we’re seeing different versions of the article.

Interesting, the only thing I can think of is that you and artedm are not in the US and there are different versions of the article for different parts of the world?
I know Rolling Stone magazine (among others) has different covers for different parts of the world, but I've never heard of different articles for different parts of the world from same link...weird.
Even weirder is if you and/or artedm are in the US, and are seeing a different article from same link...it's like a Twilight Zone episode....haha...eye popping smileysmiling smiley

Anyhow, here's an article from Variety that states a difference between the Live Nation refund programs in the US and Europe : "The program is specific to North America (many countries across Europe have provided a one-year refund window)". The article also includes the Live Nation statement with no mention of them matching anything, but it also says "Full details are expected to be posted on Live Nation’s website by end of day Friday" which I haven't seen yet.

Live Nation Announces Details of Concert-Ticket Refund Program

Variety

On the heels of a similar program announced Thursday by AEG Presents, Live Nation — the world’s largest live-entertainment company — announced on Friday that it is preparing to roll out its full ticket-refund program for fans with tickets to shows cancelled or rescheduled due to the coronavirus pandemic, probably before the end of the day. The program gives fans the option of receiving either a full refund (for which they must apply within 30 days of a show being canceled or new dates being finalized) or up to 150% of their ticket value as “Concert Cash” they can also donate their tickets to health care workers through the company’s expanded “Hero Nation” program. The program is specific to North America (many countries across Europe have provided a one-year refund window). Full details are expected to be posted on Live Nation’s website by end of day Friday; the full statement appears below.

Live Nation will soon be rolling out Rock When You’re Ready, a full program of options for fans with tickets to shows that have been cancelled or rescheduled. Our venues across North America will be offering loyal fans a variety of Concert Cash cred its to put towards future ticket purchases. For cancelled shows, fans can choose to receive up to 150% of their ticket value as Concert Cash, and for rescheduled shows they will receive Concert Cash once they attend the new date. Those looking for ways to give back can opt to donate their tickets to health care workers through Live Nation’s expanded Hero Nation program.

And anyone who needs or wants their money back will have the option to get a full refund within 30 days once a show has been canceled or new dates have been finalized. It takes an entire ecosystem to bring live events to life, and we appreciate the patience of fans as our teams work through the details of shifting these shows with artists, venues, and communities around the world. Exact offers will vary based on show and venue, and will be shared directly with ticketholders when they are available, beginning May 1.

As the coronavirus pandemic forced the cancellation or postponement of thousands of concerts, Live Nation and Ticketmaster came under fierce criticism for their slow response to fans’ requests for refund. Ticketmaster was also slammed for changing the language on its website about its refund process. According to the New York Times, on Friday, two Democratic members of Congress — Bill Pascrell of New Jersey, who has slammed Ticketmaster and Live Nation over their policies, and Katie Porter of California — called on the companies to refund fans’ money. “With Americans weathering the brutal and continuing impacts of this global crisis, your decision to confiscate their money is reprehensible and should be reversed immediately,” the Congressmen wrote in a letter to Live Nation and Ticketmaster officials.

As reported earlier this week by Variety, the concert industry is facing a rough time ahead, with thousands of postponed shows and experts predicting at least an 18-month wait before health officials determine mass gatherings on an arena or stadium level are safe.

Whatever the case, I agree with Nate's post above - I wouldn't trust them with a single penny even if my life depended on it, and will happily donate to charity vs. lending them a helping hand. With all the nefarious shenanigans they've been involved with over the years (platinum tix, ridiculous service fees, "flex pricing", etc., etc., etc.) might be the best thing if the slate was completely cleansed of these bozos.
Their days are probably numbered, and I'm just hoping I get all my refunds or can donate to a charity of MY choice before they go bankrupt.

As congressmen Bill Pascrell and Katie Porter stated in their letter to LiveNation/Ticketmaster:

With Americans weathering the brutal and continuing impacts of this global crisis,
your decision to confiscate their money is reprehensible and should be reversed immediately

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: April 18, 2020 23:26

I think the Rolling Stones, their promotors, and TicketMaster have handled this difficult situation relatively well; at least so far.

So far, I have received three refunds for Stones tickets (Nashville, Louisville, and Charlotte). They took between 17 and 24 days, from the time I "Requested to Cancel" until the refund cleared to my credit card account. While that is a long delay, and there also was a delay between when the tour was postponed and when "Request to Cancel" became available, this is an unprecedented situation, with virtually all concert/events worldwide postponed. I was frustrated with the delay, as I had to pay my credit card company for all my tickets, before I received any refunds. But it appears Stones ticket refunds from Ticketmaster are going through faster than the 30+ days Ticketmaster initially told us; and I did everything only through the "Request to Cancel" links under My Tickets.

I'm still waiting for another six refunds, but the earliest was requested 19 days ago; and I waited until early this week to request refunds for three LDs.

It appears the combination of the Stones, their promoters, and TM is doing better than most other performers in enabling their fans to get complete refunds; although it took a long time for Atlanta to offer the request refund link.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566...LastNext
Current Page: 61 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1641
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home