Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5556575859606162636465...LastNext
Current Page: 60 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 15, 2020 23:37

I have cancellations from Ticketbastard and AXS. Will see who handles it better.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 15, 2020 23:45

Hairball / DGA35 I’ve spent the last few hours on this. Called AmEx and they confirmed that one credit (for a non-Stones show) was refunded by TM but that credit was reversed 2 days later - no idea why. The Charlotte refund was received a week or so back and seems solid (fingers crossed). So I just spent 2 hours printing screen shots and putting packages of documents together for all 5 ticket orders (just in case they need them) and am sending by Mail (FFS!) because their website won’t upload my docs. They have been really good about removing the charges from my balance while they get it sorted. I wanted a hobby while I self-isolate but this wasn’t it. I was hoping for something involving more alcohol...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 15, 2020 23:59

Jeez what a hassle...thanks for the update SomeTorontoGirl.

My Stones/San Diego refund was credited back on March 30th, so I believe it's safe...I hope so anyways! But what the heck - why in the world would they reverse a credited refund in your account in the first place?
Maybe they're so slammed with refund/credits/postponements/rescheduled dates, etc., etc., etc., that they don't know which was is up or down anymore, but that's still no excuse for their incompetence! Haha...ticketbastards....

Date: April 16, 2020 00:01

Hairball
...Still waiting on my Dallas/Lucky Dip refund to be fully processed, but now instead of just saying "this order has been cancelled" in my TM account, it says in full:

Your Order Has Been Canceled. Due to the unprecedented volume of cancelations, please note that you should
expect to receive your refund in as soon as 30 days if your event was impacted by the COVID-19 situation.

It never said all that in the past, so maybe that's a good sign that it's still in the process...or maybe not...guess I'll have to wait to find out...eye rolling smiley

I just checked all my orders and they now say the same thing. This has changed in just the last few hours. I’ve taken screen grabs of each and would recommend all do the same. If they later try to deny a refund, it can only help to have something that shows we were promised refunds.

OMG! This is what the pandemic has done to a formerly-trusting person, it’s turned me into a paranoid, chocolate-hoarding monster! grinning smiley

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 16, 2020 00:11

SomeTorontoGirl
I wanted a hobby while I self-isolate but this wasn’t it. I was hoping for something involving more alcohol...

Now THAT sounds like a plan!

plexi

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 16, 2020 00:18

I've been spending a lot of time on looking for Stones stuff to buy such as fleshing out my collection of the Abkco 2002 SACD issues of their early catalog, a Zip Code t shirt (I bought one at the time but it got damaged so I had to throw it out), a Desert Trip shirt specifically for the Stones and not all the bands (have one of those already that I got at the Festival), Stones fridge magnets (ordered and received one set, waiting on the other from Thailand), and more.

I still have not found that Voodoo Charlie t shirt sold at the Licks shows which is one of Ronnie's drawings of Charlie. Was stolen in Israel in 2007 and I've been trying to get one again since then!!

Just got my stimulus direct deposit today and thus ordered the new Wyman book with autographed book plate.

BTW, I also took an inventory of my Stones t shirts and sweatshirts and they total 134.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-16 00:21 by timbernardis.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: April 16, 2020 01:18

I have LD's for the last 3 shows of the tour, Charlotte, Tampa, Atlanta.
Just checked my TM account and the shows are all listed as postponed, but when I click on the "see details" tab, it shows a "request refund" option.

I guess they are allowing for us to begin the refund process, but no guarantee?
Im going to hold onto them (LD's cheap enough) until a final annoucement is made by the band.

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: April 16, 2020 04:14

spikenyc
I have LD's for the last 3 shows of the tour, Charlotte, Tampa, Atlanta.
Just checked my TM account and the shows are all listed as postponed, but when I click on the "see details" tab, it shows a "request refund" option.

I guess they are allowing for us to begin the refund process, but no guarantee?
Im going to hold onto them (LD's cheap enough) until a final annoucement is made by the band.

Spike, that's what I'm doing until any official announcement from the Boys i.e.: cancellation, which I do believe is inevitable at this point. Sucks, this C19!

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: April 16, 2020 07:15

New Poll from the USA says only 35% of people are interested in going back to large scale concerts.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 16, 2020 09:21

American Airlines have got the point. They just told me this:

Flexibility when planning or rebooking upcoming travel, which includes the ability to cancel your plans for flights through September of 2020, and fly anytime by the end of 2021 without incurring any change fees.

Enhancements to the AAdvantage® program allowing for continued elite status through early 2022.

Bjornulf

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: April 16, 2020 10:51

bv
American Airlines have got the point. They just told me this:

Flexibility when planning or rebooking upcoming travel, which includes the ability to cancel your plans for flights through September of 2020, and fly anytime by the end of 2021 without incurring any change fees.

Enhancements to the AAdvantage® program allowing for continued elite status through early 2022.

Sounds great! Mick and Keith should read this ... 60st Anniversary Tour in 2022 cool smiley

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 16, 2020 13:30

DREAMTIME
New Poll from the USA says only 35% of people are interested in going back to large scale concerts.

Source? Link?

Posted by: ThePaleRider ()
Date: April 16, 2020 13:44

Only 35% of people were interested in the first place...

Date: April 16, 2020 14:05

Seems like a 65% drop in ticket prices will be coming then.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 16, 2020 15:32

As long as there is no vaccine, I don't see the Stones touring.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 16, 2020 18:01

Harm
As long as there is no vaccine, I don't see the Stones touring.

That is the long and short of it. The same applies to all of their peers. Insurance will be cost prohibitive. A huge chunk of fans would be unwilling to attend too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-16 18:01 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: April 16, 2020 18:12

With all the challenging news lately, I wanted to share this potential good news, as it is semi-Stones related based on implications. Will post in COVID-19 thread as well.

[nypost.com]

Date: April 16, 2020 21:08

This is getting interesting. I received a big envelope of documents from AmEx this morning - all about the non-Stones ticket order that was cancelled using the Request Refund option on line. The charge was removed from my card after I called AmEx, but was added back 2 days later. The letter today explained that this happened after Ticketmaster sent documents to them showing that the purchase transaction was valid, including copies of their Refund policy that states there will be no refunds unless a concert is cancelled. Only problem - TM offered the refund, confirmed electronically that my order was cancelled and a refund would be issued (“...in as soon as 30 days...”) and my TM account still shows this (and my4Stones ticket orders) as a cancelled order with a pending refund.

So, WTactualF, Ticketmaster? Anybody else getting this? Apparently TM forwards funds from ticket sales pretty quickly to the promotor or the venue, depending on the contract, so they are likely scrambling to get those funds back. All of these entities are facing catastrophic cuts to their businesses that could cause them to fail. I’m still pretty convinced that TM will become insolvent, if they aren’t already there.

I did get a refund from TM to my card for Charlotte but am starting to feel that refunds for the other orders are a crapshoot.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 16, 2020 22:39

The 2020 New Orleans Jazz Fest is cancelled.

Possibly a sign of things to come - as in, no tours this year.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 16, 2020 22:50

SomeTorontoGirl

So, WTactualF, Ticketmaster? Anybody else getting this? Apparently TM forwards funds from ticket sales pretty quickly to the promotor or the venue, depending on the contract, so they are likely scrambling to get those funds back. All of these entities are facing catastrophic cuts to their businesses that could cause them to fail. I’m still pretty convinced that TM will become insolvent, if they aren’t already there.

We have a similar discussion in Germany - the German government suggests vouchers to support cultural events instead of refunds. But some Ticket holders prefer to get the money back because they afraid that the voucher is worth nothing when the Promoter or Ticket company goes bankrupt and therefore the Ticket holder loses the money. On the other hand, Promoters or Ticket companies afraid that they go bankrupt because of the many refunds and no new income -- [www.IQ-Mag.net] - (English) - [www.Zeit.de] - (German).

Date: April 17, 2020 00:12

SomeTorontoGirl
This is getting interesting. I received a big envelope of documents from AmEx this morning - all about the non-Stones ticket order that was cancelled using the Request Refund option on line. The charge was removed from my card after I called AmEx, but was added back 2 days later. The letter today explained that this happened after Ticketmaster sent documents to them showing that the purchase transaction was valid, including copies of their Refund policy that states there will be no refunds unless a concert is cancelled. Only problem - TM offered the refund, confirmed electronically that my order was cancelled and a refund would be issued (“...in as soon as 30 days...”) and my TM account still shows this (and my4Stones ticket orders) as a cancelled order with a pending refund.

I did get a refund from TM to my card for Charlotte but am starting to feel that refunds for the other orders are a crapshoot.

Wow...crazy...guess I should be grateful I received one large refund back on March 30th, but I really hope the damn ticketbastards don't try to steal it back!!! haha
And maybe I shouldn't be expecting my Dallas/Lucky Dip refunds any time soon, even though the refund was granted and the process had begun...crazy...
Unless the Stones tix have a different refund process/method than non-Stones tix such as yours...but not sure why would that be....crazy....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-17 00:13 by Hairball.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 17, 2020 00:25

Nothing has really changed since the postponement.
Until the tour is officially cancelled, doubtful it will.

As predicted, c card companies can't do much, as TM just has to point to their postponed vs cancelled policy that was in place (and routinely not enforced) at time of purchase.

I received a refund for my Austin G Circle ticket this week, which was the only ticket I wanted refunded as the rest are LD's and will be refunded like every one elses if cancelled. Otherwise,, happy to hold on to them and hope for rescheduling.

Posted by: Kerryann ()
Date: April 17, 2020 00:37

I'm getting thoroughly pissed off with all this. Waiting on NZ$10,000 worth of refunds from Ticketbastards for 4 stones shows.

If the new TM policy is to only refund cancelled shows, I would expect that the STONES to show some compassion to their loyal fans and cancel the shows so that refunds can be actioned before ticketbastard goes bust. In my opinion they should have cancelled weeks ago.

Do they even give a flying f**k about their fans, some who have followed them for decades and made them wealthy?

This is a time when people have lost jobs, lost businesses and are hurting financially, while the boys are sitting in their multimillion $$$$ mansions living the good life. All they have to do is cancel to make us eligible for refunds but do they actually give a damn???

Date: April 17, 2020 00:53

Kerryann
I'm getting thoroughly pissed off with all this. Waiting on NZ$10,000 worth of refunds from Ticketbastards for 4 stones shows.

If the new TM policy is to only refund cancelled shows, I would expect that the STONES to show some compassion to their loyal fans and cancel the shows so that refunds can be actioned before ticketbastard goes bust. In my opinion they should have cancelled weeks ago.

Do they even give a flying f**k about their fans, some who have followed them for decades and made them wealthy?

This is a time when people have lost jobs, lost businesses and are hurting financially, while the boys are sitting in their multimillion $$$$ mansions living the good life. All they have to do is cancel to make us eligible for refunds but do they actually give a damn???

I agree Kerryann - the Stones should do the right thing ASAP. Anybody in their right mind should realize at this point that the shows won't happen any time soon, and bv has been saying this for weeks now.
Maybe they'll reschedule next year, but even that's doubtful considering the situation (and their old age), and then there's the risk of it being postponed again...and rescheduled again...on and on...indefinitely.
Why not just do the right thing and cancel to allow people the opportunity to get their money back, and if the band decides to tour again people will have the option to buy a ticket...or not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-17 00:56 by Hairball.

Posted by: Kerryann ()
Date: April 17, 2020 01:15

Hairball
Kerryann

I agree Kerryann - the Stones should do the right thing ASAP. Anybody in their right mind should realize at this point that the shows won't happen any time soon, and bv has been saying this for weeks now.
Maybe they'll reschedule next year, but even that's doubtful considering the situation (and their old age), and then there's the risk of it being postponed again...and rescheduled again...on and on...indefinitely.
Why not just do the right thing and cancel to allow people the opportunity to get their money back, and if the band decides to tour again people will have the option to buy a ticket...or not.

Is there any way we can lobby them directly to cancel? Surely someone on here has some kind of access to the band where we can present a petition to cancel. If they want to retain their loyal fan base, they certainly are not going about it

Date: April 17, 2020 01:15

I’m not entirely sure it is the Stones’ decision to make. They are (I think) basically contracted by the Promoter to perform X number of concerts for Y number of dollars in specific cities, and are paid a lump amount. Promoter takes the risk, makes the decisions on postponement or cancellation, and the band can likely only cancel / postpone for listed reasons such as the medical issues like Mick experienced last year. If anyone knows the ins and outs for sure, it would be interesting to know.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: April 17, 2020 01:19

For what it's worth, here is my recent success / failure with travel and ticket refunds. It may help others, who knows...?

I had an email from Delta earlier this week saying that my domestic flight from Chicago to MSP had been 'changed'. I called them up yesterday, calling from the U.K so it was around 7:30am local time, if they are based in Atlanta, their head office. I got through to a customer service assistant and explained that although the email only offered 'eCredit' / voucher, that as they have cancelled my flight, they are obliged to give me a cash refund. The lady I spoke to agreed and processed it there and then. The entire phone call took 3 minutes.

A bit of background info on this next one: British Airways airmiles are called 'avios'. There used to be a separate Avios company / department that you would talk to to book redemption seats using airmiles, and when also using things like upgrade vouchers that you would earn from credit card spend etc. It has since closed but they still have a small team working in order to deal with outstanding orders / customers that still have valid vouchers to redeem.
My U.S flights for a couple of the original Stones tour dates had me arriving into Chicago and coming back via JFK.

I called the Avios centre a couple of weeks ago and asked about cancelling my ticket, even though the actual flights were still scheduled to operate at that point. They went ahead and gave me a full refund of the taxes and fees etc, as well as the air miles and the upgrade voucher. I now have a further six month extension to use the voucher. I was advised this would likely be extended further. The money was back in my account within 2-3 days. A great result!

I have been lucky with some ticket refunds to a Royal Albert Hall concert where the money is now back in my account after a couple of weeks.

Also I've been lucky with a refund for Roger Waters, directly from The Moda Centre in Portland. Very swift service and the money was back on my card very quickly.

Ticketmaster however? Jeez...

I have been able to request refunds to three U.S shows - one of the requests was around three weeks ago now. But so far nothing has landed back on my card.

Why is it so easy for some companies to deal with things well, and others are just terrible.

So there you go. I wish you all good luck with your refunds for travel, concert tickets, hotels etc. A lot of us could sure do with the extra cash right now.

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-17 01:25 by Mr Jimmy.

Date: April 17, 2020 02:24

I requested a refund about a month ago but never got the refund. So I just checked TM and here is the mew message there. If you want your money back you have to try to resell your ticket? Anyone want to buy my tickets? What a joke!

If your event was postponed or rescheduled and you are unable to attend (and resale is enabled for your event), you can sell your tickets to other fans on our safe and simple Ticketmaster resale marketplace. If refunds are not allowed for your event and you post through ticketmaster.com, we will waive seller fees for fans that create(d) resale postings from March 17 through May 31.
For additional information, you can contact our Fan Support team. Please note that due to the high volume of inquiries, we are experiencing longer than normal wait times. We very much appreciate your patience and understanding at this time.
For now, we want to thank you for being such a valued part of the live entertainment family. We are working around the clock on solutions to make this process as streamlined as possible for our fans.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: April 17, 2020 02:28

BitchKeepsBitchin
I requested a refund about a month ago but never got the refund. So I just checked TM and here is the mew message there. If you want your money back you have to try to resell your ticket? Anyone want to buy my tickets? What a joke!

If your event was postponed or rescheduled and you are unable to attend (and resale is enabled for your event), you can sell your tickets to other fans on our safe and simple Ticketmaster resale marketplace. If refunds are not allowed for your event and you post through ticketmaster.com, we will waive seller fees for fans that create(d) resale postings from March 17 through May 31.
For additional information, you can contact our Fan Support team. Please note that due to the high volume of inquiries, we are experiencing longer than normal wait times. We very much appreciate your patience and understanding at this time.
For now, we want to thank you for being such a valued part of the live entertainment family. We are working around the clock on solutions to make this process as streamlined as possible for our fans.

Is this for a Stones show that you experienced this issue?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-17 02:28 by Dougratajczak87.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 17, 2020 02:31

Kerryann

Meh.
The Stones have little culpability or responsibility in this.
They could decide to cancel, which they likely will soon, but no doubt like a lot of us fans, they are/were hoping to reschedule dates first, people keep or take a refund at that point like last year, and we all move forward. Can't fault them for trying (as nearly always) to honor their commitments and move the dates.

I feel for you having that kind of money tied up in these shows, but honestly it hasn't been that long since it became apparent that the shows won't go on. In a normal disaster, whether health or natural, and we all knew it would be dealt with when they reschedule, few of us would be agitated.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5556575859606162636465...LastNext
Current Page: 60 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1912
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home