Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5455565758596061626364...LastNext
Current Page: 59 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 14, 2020 16:24

Topi
I thought the DOT already ordered the airlines to offer refunds? In the case of a cancellation, that is.

[thepointsguy.com]

" whose flights are canceled by the airline."

More and more obviously that is the case as airlines are cancelling a lot more flights themselves but several of my flights have not been cancelled.
Another good reason to wait, as if they cancel the flight, they have to offer a refund, which has always been the case, as the DOT reminds them.

I'm supposed to be on a flight to Vegas this AM, which I had to accept a voucher for as it is still leaving in about 45 minutes cool smiley

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 14, 2020 18:00

Nate
straycatuk
Has anyone tried to get a refund from BA . They cancelled the first and last legs of our San Diego flights last week. Vouchers have been an option for a while , but they only offer refund options via the phone which they never answer.

Having to take an £1100 voucher which has to be used by early May 2021 is too much of a risk IMO. Too many other reasons to have cash available at the moment.

sc uk

Call 0800 727 800 or 0203 250 0145
Do NOT press a number for options when asked to do so just stay on hold and you should get through to an operator.
I do also have a number that would get you through to someone within seconds but won’t be any use to you unless you have top tier status in the BA executive club?

Nate

I've been pressing options 1 or usually 2 and end up getting cut off. I'll try letting it ring. Thanks Nate !

sc uk

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 14, 2020 22:27

SomeTorontoGirl
Well. This is going to be interesting...

[vancouversun.com]

This is now the headline story on the Vancouver Province website, Sun's sister paper. I requested a refund for my Roger Waters tickets last week and just now requested a refund for my Stones Vancouver tickets. Originally holding out hope that the tour would be rescheduled for this fall but now I think best case scenario it will be next year. I'd rather have the money refunded at this point. If they do reschedule, I'm sure I'll be able to get tickets again.

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: April 14, 2020 23:58

For those interested....

[www.msn.com]

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: April 15, 2020 07:04

Thanks for the link SF101, clears up some questions some of us may have had..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-15 07:05 by RSbestbandever.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 15, 2020 11:57

In case you are holding on to your tickets, hoping for a tour later on this summer or year:

US may have to endure social distancing until 2022 if no vaccine is quickly found, scientists predict (CNN April 15, 2020)

(CNN)This may be the new normal for quite a while.

The US may have to endure social distancing measures -- such as stay-at-home orders and school closures -- until 2022, researchers projected on Tuesday. That is, unless, a vaccine becomes quickly available.

That's according to researchers from the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, who published their findings in the journal Science on Tuesday. Those findings directly contradict research being touted by the White House that suggests the pandemic may stop this summer.

The team at the Harvard School of Public Health used what's known about Covid-19 and other coronaviruses to create possible scenarios of the current pandemic.

"Intermittent distancing may be required into 2022 unless critical care capacity is increased substantially or a treatment or vaccine becomes available," they wrote in their report. "Even in the event of apparent elimination, SARS-CoV-2 surveillance should be maintained since a resurgence in contagion could be possible as late as 2024."

The Harvard team's projections also indicate that the virus would come roaring back fairly quickly once restrictions were lifted.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-15 12:01 by bv.

Date: April 15, 2020 12:08

That's bad news.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 15, 2020 12:54

Then the world might have seen the very last concerts of some of the irreplaceable giants; Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Clapton, McCartney, Neil Young, etc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-15 12:56 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 15, 2020 13:09

That's true, it's a fight against time (as it has been for a while now)

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 15, 2020 13:12

Erik_Snow
Then the world might have seen the very last concerts of some of the irreplaceable giants; Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Clapton, McCartney, Neil Young, etc

That possibility certainly cannot be discounted Erik. For that reason I’m very glad to have seen a few of them.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: April 15, 2020 13:16

That Harvard article is just recognition that if we want to absolutely minimise the number of people dying of Covid-19 then then the lockdown must stay in place until 5 Billion people get vaccinated.

The alternative is to try and suppress the level of infection through some lockdown measures - but accept that people will get the virus and some will die. Depending on how severe the lock down/ quarantine/ closed borders, the numbers of infection will vary. Look at China for an idea of what it could be.

The numbers of deaths in the Uk was 60% above normal in the last week of March due to this virus and it's knock-on effects on non infected people. Its likely to go to 2 or even 3 times normal in April before dropping. In New York State it is well over 2 times normal. Thats why the hospitals etc. are under such pressure.

So what will people in democracies accept - 50% above normal death rates will be accepted I'm guessing. That combined with a vaccine within 12 months means we get back to normal sooner and might see a tour next year - being hopeful.

Now where are all the people who were saying that this virus was just like the flu? when 2 or 3 times as many people as usual are dying each week....

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 15, 2020 13:16

Yesterday on the news it was reported that progress in producing a vaccine had taken a set back as there was a mutation of the virus thus negating the vaccine being worked on .

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 15, 2020 14:22

I can’t see any large scale events happening until a vaccine is widely available.
Even if they were allowed before a vaccine is available there is no way they would be anywhere near full capacity with people still concerned about catching the virus.

Nate

Date: April 15, 2020 16:04

There's a bit of hope. According to the UCI today the Tour de France will be on towards the end of august.Let's see how they manage to make it a competition if the cyclists have to keep one meter of distance.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 15, 2020 17:31

I think this is the year they just give the yellow vest to Keith and let the rest stay home and watch Netflix.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 15, 2020 18:05

TheGreek
Yesterday on the news it was reported that progress in producing a vaccine had taken a set back as there was a mutation of the virus thus negating the vaccine being worked on .

Hmmm.....so if this thing mutates that implies those who survived an initial infection may not have immunity to the mutated virus....

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 15, 2020 18:21

The Week The Music Stopped

In March, COVID-19 wiped concerts and festivals off the calendar — and that was just the beginning. Inside music's unprecedented crisis

By Samantha Hissong, Ethan Millman and Amy X. Wang
April 15, 2020

Pooneh Gana

[www.rollingstone.com]

Date: April 15, 2020 18:48

F__k me. I see fewer of us attending and if we do buying them at the door or day before. Good luck selling them. Tried that with Jimmy Buffett. TM had a "minimum" listing price. It was almost twice the open market prices.

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: April 15, 2020 19:21

I think I'm retired from Big Stadium/Arena shows. I'll probably just stick to smaller venues and stay local. That said I still have my St. Louis show paper tickets. Why sit on the phone when it will probably be cancelled and refunded anyway.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 15, 2020 19:57

I'll not even be doing smaller venues in the future. A street organ man, now that's more like it

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 15, 2020 20:02

I’m sure the stones can come up with some kind of hologram show and still get people to pay more to be in the pit >grinning smiley<

Nate

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: April 15, 2020 20:12

I just got my stimulus check. In my former normal world, to get a sum of money that I was not counting on, I would think to myself, ah money to buy a ticket for the pit! Hopefully, someday, I can spend all my money again on the Stones!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 15, 2020 20:29

bye bye johnny
The Week The Music Stopped

In March, COVID-19 wiped concerts and festivals off the calendar — and that was just the beginning. Inside music's unprecedented crisis

By Samantha Hissong, Ethan Millman and Amy X. Wang
April 15, 2020

Pooneh Gana

[www.rollingstone.com]

Thanks bye bye johnny.

“While our management is working to reschedule the postponed shows, I’m going to finish work on my next album, which is nearly done.
At least now I won’t be squeezing in vocal recording sessions on days off, between shows".
- Alice Cooper

Wish the Stones would put out a statement like this...

Date: April 15, 2020 20:30

DGA35
SomeTorontoGirl

[vancouversun.com]

This is now the headline story on the Vancouver Province website, Sun's sister paper. I requested a refund for my Roger Waters tickets last week and just now requested a refund for my Stones Vancouver tickets. Originally holding out hope that the tour would be rescheduled for this fall but now I think best case scenario it will be next year. I'd rather have the money refunded at this point. If they do reschedule, I'm sure I'll be able to get tickets again.

Got an email from ticketmaster today regarding the ZZ Top concert on May 1. It is now postponed til April 2021. IF refunds are available, I'll get it. Now just waiting for notification about Journey/Pretenders concert on May 18.

Date: April 15, 2020 20:39

DGA35
DGA35
SomeTorontoGirl

[vancouversun.com]

Got an email from ticketmaster today regarding the ZZ Top concert on May 1. It is now postponed til April 2021. IF refunds are available, I'll get it. Now just waiting for notification about Journey/Pretenders concert on May 18.

Go back and read TM's pissgram again. No refunds on postponed shows at all. Only refunds on canceled shows.

..and to make it even sweeter went to sell my Jimmy Buffett tickets and TM sets a higher min price than the market value on their website. Also if I list them at the higher price they are still not waiving the service fees. The very thing in their " notice" that they promised on any tickets listed for sale 3/13-5/31/20. And to make it even sweeter...Chat has been disabled.

I bet the crap is raining down on their heads. I smell legal troubles.

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-15 20:42 by MidnightDevilRambler.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 15, 2020 20:51

It’s hard to really know what TM is doing. Making refunds available initially for some shows on the tour but not others, then adding refund eligibility for shows one at a time, then recently declaring No Refunds for postponed shows... I had 5 different TM orders when all this started. Eventually I was able to request a refund for all 5 shows, and all of my TM orders show Order Cancelled. I have refunds in hand for 2 of them but one of those credits looks like it was reversed on my credit card. So am now starting to wonder if TM will actually follow through with refunds for the other 3 shows. Likely no way to find out except to wait. But this recent flurry of activity to declare that no refunds will be issued unless a show is cancelled is making me wonder if more corporate f@ck*ry is afoot.

Date: April 15, 2020 20:58

DGA35
DGA35
SomeTorontoGirl

[vancouversun.com]

The postponed March 22nd ZZ Top show my wife and I were going to attend in Vegas was postponed to this coming August with no refund option. Even at the time of rescheduling a couple of weeks ago I thought this was way too soon, but given what we know now I'm 100% positive it's way too soon. So what are they going to do...postpone and reschedule again? Will this be an endless cycle of postponing and rescheduling? wtf...I've heard of individual postponed ZZ Top shows in the past that have been in limbo for over a year w/fans getting pissed off, but now they have multiple shows in the same situation.

Other shows - Steely Dan/Steve Winwood at Hollywood Bowl June 8 still scheduled to happen, but surely will be postponed or cancelled. Perry Ferrel at the Roxy rescheduled to this Nov. w/no refund option - probably not gonna happen. Supergrass at Wiltern postponed w/no rescheduled date or refund option. Madness rescheduled to May 2021 w/no refund option. Several Roger Waters shows postponed with no rescheduled dates yet, but have been able to get a refund on one of them - or at least start the process. It's all a massive quagmire...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-15 20:59 by Hairball.

Posted by: rbp ()
Date: April 15, 2020 21:01

Would have thought the policy applying to refunds for shows would be that of when it was purchased. Think there will be legal actions regarding changes of refund policy and applying it retrospectively.

Date: April 15, 2020 21:10

SomeTorontoGirl
It’s hard to really know what TM is doing. Making refunds available initially for some shows on the tour but not others, then adding refund eligibility for shows one at a time, then recently declaring No Refunds for postponed shows... I had 5 different TM orders when all this started. Eventually I was able to request a refund for all 5 shows, and all of my TM orders show Order Cancelled. I have refunds in hand for 2 of them but one of those credits looks like it was reversed on my credit card. So am now starting to wonder if TM will actually follow through with refunds for the other 3 shows. Likely no way to find out except to wait. But this recent flurry of activity to declare that no refunds will be issued unless a show is cancelled is making me wonder if more corporate f@ck*ry is afoot.

If that credit was truly reversed...grrr...well I'll be damned! I just had to look at my credit card account, and my San Diego refund credit is still there, but now you got me wondering....surely they can't/won't reverse it now?
Still waiting on my Dallas/Lucky Dip refund to be fully processed, but now instead of just saying "this order has been cancelled" in my TM account, it says in full:

Your Order Has Been Canceled. Due to the unprecedented volume of cancelations, please note that you should
expect to receive your refund in as soon as 30 days if your event was impacted by the COVID-19 situation.

It never said all that in the past, so maybe that's a good sign that it's still in the process...or maybe not...guess I'll have to wait to find out...eye rolling smiley

rbp
Would have thought the policy applying to refunds for shows would be that of when it was purchased. Think there will be legal actions regarding changes of refund policy and applying it retrospectively.

I agree, and while I won't go out of my way to take part in any of that, I'm sure they'll have enough headaches to deal with to make them eventually do the right thing - even if they're legally forced to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-15 21:12 by Hairball.

Date: April 15, 2020 21:19

SomeTorontoGirl

I'll have to keep an eye online at my Amex account to see if/when any refunds show up. I'm also waiting to see about a Canucks/Tampa Bay game I had tickets for in March.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5455565758596061626364...LastNext
Current Page: 59 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1313
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home