Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5354555657585960616263...LastNext
Current Page: 58 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Date: April 13, 2020 02:13

JumpinJeppeFlash
DiegoGlimmerStones
EddieByword
I agree there will be no tour this year - that's plain and easy to understand but if a vaccine is found at some point - I think the Stones will do something though before they bow out, even if it's not a No Filter tour....................

Maybe in 21 or 22....NYC, Chicago, LA - Tokyo - Sydney - Buenos Aires - Rio de Janeiro - Barcelona, Berlin and London - for example......................
That would be really cool, after this new leg of No Filter Tour, a mini world tour, maybe new album too and then London shows for 60th anniversary

There wont be any more ”world tours”.
So maybe mini world tours then

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: April 13, 2020 02:26

For some reason I just realized that if this leg does get postponed until next spring/summer, then Charlie will turn 80 as it's taking place!! Not that he won't be able to do it, I'm sure he'll still be playing just as good as he was at the last show in Miami 2019. But that just blows me away for some reason!

I hope that all these shows go ahead, even if it is most likely going to be next year. I have tickets for the Cleveland show, and really NEED to see them once more!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 13, 2020 02:56

JumpinJeppeFlash
DiegoGlimmerStones
EddieByword
I agree there will be no tour this year - that's plain and easy to understand but if a vaccine is found at some point - I think the Stones will do something though before they bow out, even if it's not a No Filter tour....................

Maybe in 21 or 22....NYC, Chicago, LA - Tokyo - Sydney - Buenos Aires - Rio de Janeiro - Barcelona, Berlin and London - for example......................
That would be really cool, after this new leg of No Filter Tour, a mini world tour, maybe new album too and then London shows for 60th anniversary

There haven't been "world tours" in many years.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 13, 2020 02:56

podiumboy
For some reason I just realized that if this leg does get postponed until next spring/summer, then Charlie will turn 80 as it's taking place!! Not that he won't be able to do it, I'm sure he'll still be playing just as good as he was at the last show in Miami 2019. But that just blows me away for some reason!

I hope that all these shows go ahead, even if it is most likely going to be next year. I have tickets for the Cleveland show, and really NEED to see them once more!

Since the name No Filter is becoming a bit stale, maybe they should rename the tour to 80 and Counting....

2021 - bring it on, and keep on rolling..............

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 13, 2020 04:05

JumpinJeppeFlash
DiegoGlimmerStones
EddieByword

Heh Diego.............and now you've been told..........grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-13 04:31 by EddieByword.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: April 13, 2020 17:03

"Coronavirus: Healthcare expert predicts concerts and festivals will not return until autumn 2021"

[www.nme.com]

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 13, 2020 17:43

WelshEdge1
"Coronavirus: Healthcare expert predicts concerts and festivals will not return until autumn 2021"

[www.nme.com]

And I can see spectator sport going the same way. When things return to normal and restrictions are gradually eased, I fully expect large attendance entertainment events of all kinds to be the very last thing to resume.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 13, 2020 18:04

Hairball
podiumboy

Since the name No Filter is becoming a bit stale, maybe they should rename the tour to 80 and Counting....

2021 - bring it on, and keep on rolling..............

True to form. How can one not love that pic?. - Always a snazzy dresser!!

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: April 13, 2020 19:38

No vaccine no shows. Up to 18 months for a vaccine

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: April 13, 2020 22:55

Health experts are now predicting that major festivals, arena and stadium concerts will not be returning until Fall 2021. [www.nme.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-14 08:42 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: April 13, 2020 23:25

The Stones are done as a touring band.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 13, 2020 23:40

Nope.
The Stones will not only tour again, they will make good on most of the shows currently scheduled.

(as long as we are making matter of fact statements that we have no way of knowing)

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: April 13, 2020 23:41

MisterDDDD
Nope.
The Stones will not only tour again, they will make good on most of the shows currently scheduled.

(as long as we are making matter of fact statements that we have no way of knowing)

grinning smileygrinning smileygrinning smiley

Date: April 14, 2020 00:19

EddieByword
JumpinJeppeFlash
DiegoGlimmerStones
EddieByword

Heh Diego.............and now you've been told..........grinning smiley
A very complete and above all convincing argument, you said it all man

Date: April 14, 2020 00:26

MisterDDDD
Nope.

The rescheduled tour is coming, we just need to be patient

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 14, 2020 03:34

TornAndFried
Health experts are now predicting that major festivals, arena and stadium concerts will not be returning until fall 2021. [www.nme.com]

Yes, and many news publications and outlets are picking up on this story.
Seems highly unlikely now that the tour will be rescheduled even next year (2021)...maybe it could happen some time in 2022?
With some hope, and alot of effort to level out the crisis, 2022 seems way more likely and would coincide with the 60th anniversary, but there's still many other variables and unkowns to consider.

"Larger gatherings — conferences, concerts, sporting events — when people say they’re going to reschedule this conference or graduation event for October 2020,
I have no idea how they think that’s a plausible possibility. I think those things will be the last to return. Realistically we’re talking fall 2021 at the earliest."
- Zeke Emanuel

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 14, 2020 05:00

Well. This is going to be interesting...

[vancouversun.com]

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: April 14, 2020 05:09

If it is in 2022 then they should cancel, for sure. That is an extremely long way off.

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: April 14, 2020 06:32

SomeTorontoGirl

[vancouversun.com]

Nice find, STG. Thanks for posting.

Ticketmaster has been an out-of-control monster for decades. This is our unfortunate opportunity to fix that, once and for all. During this global crisis, they have not behaved like an ethical business -- one could argue they never did. Their behavior has been more along the lines of organized crime: "Come and get me, copper." We need to organize and use the courts and even Congress to take them up on that perpetual taunt. Even now, while we have more pressing issues in our shattered lives, we should take advantage of the way Ticketmaster's and StubHub's immorality are flagrantly showing through.

Ticketmaster is a monopolistic monster. It's time to break it up and/or regulate it to a level of decency and morality that at the very least approaches humanity.

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: April 14, 2020 07:58

5stringTele
SomeTorontoGirl

[vancouversun.com]

Nice find, STG. Thanks for posting.

Ticketmaster has been an out-of-control monster for decades. This is our unfortunate opportunity to fix that, once and for all. During this global crisis, they have not behaved like an ethical business -- one could argue they never did. Their behavior has been more along the lines of organized crime: "Come and get me, copper." We need to organize and use the courts and even Congress to take them up on that perpetual taunt. Even now, while we have more pressing issues in our shattered lives, we should take advantage of the way Ticketmaster's and StubHub's immorality are flagrantly showing through.

Ticketmaster is a monopolistic monster. It's time to break it up and/or regulate it to a level of decency and morality that at the very least approaches humanity.

I posted the below 28 days ago. Maybe I was wrong, but who am I? I.e. as in calling for a directive from the band in particular. I don’t know how the legalities work, but I was thinking that Ticketmaster or somebody should care about the ticket buyer. Somebody should have called the shots earlier on the Stones tour in that it should have been cancelled. There is way too much up front money now that is at risk overall in pre bought tickets for the entire concert season for many artists in 2020. Whether a person can afford the loss or not, some have spent a lot of money on tickets for their spring/summer enjoyment. Tickets these days are bought way in advance of the show. Plenty of room there to play with the money. But nobody saw this thing coming. Some will have have lost their jobs beforehand after they had bought expensive (as they all are nowadays) tickets. Hey, if I was 25 years old again, yes, for sure I would have been in line to get tickets for the Stones or any other favoured show. Meanwhile back in the day when I was 25 years old I was living from pay cheque to pay cheque. But I always looked forward to a great show. That’s the way most of us lived it back then. And you bet I would have needed the refund if a concert was cancelled - or postponed.

“The tour needs to be cancelled. This virus could affect the US through the end of the year or longer. Best to try for 2021. We need a directive by tomorrow from the band so we can all move on. We have much more pressing issues to deal with. The Stones as well. I agree. Time for an announcement. Ticketmaster policy is for an immediate refund for a concert cancellation. Unfortunately.”

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-14 08:33 by KingmanBarstow.

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: April 14, 2020 08:44

tried to post a pic, didn't work lol

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-14 08:46 by StonedAsiaExile.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 14, 2020 09:23

I just submitted a refund request for my long-haul flights with American Airlines (they had been cancelled my Finnair weeks ago). I needed to call in, because I had this single one-way flight from Nashville to Chicago still active.

It appears American does have an online refund request form, which can be found here:

[prefunds.aa.com]

Good luck. You may need to call in, as I did, because the customer service rep had to manually cancel that one-way flight before I could proceed with my request. With all flights of my booking officially cancelled, I was able to submit the request online.

If flying from the EU be sure to invoke EU Passengers' Rights legislation - regulation 261/04 - that cannot hurt.

Now, I got this:

Your Refund

If you qualify for a refund, we'll refund the original form of payment

Refund information:

If you paid with a credit card, please allow 7 business days for your refund to show on your online statement.
All other forms of payment are typically processed within 20 business days of the receipt of the request.
Certain changes, like Mileage Multiplier, are not eligible for a refund.

So, let's wait and see...

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 14, 2020 14:33

Has anyone tried to get a refund from BA . They cancelled the first and last legs of our San Diego flights last week. Vouchers have been an option for a while , but they only offer refund options via the phone which they never answer.

Having to take an £1100 voucher which has to be used by early May 2021 is too much of a risk IMO. Too many other reasons to have cash available at the moment.

sc uk

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 14, 2020 14:59

Amtrak refunded my prepaid long and expensive tour travels some weeks ago, thank you!

Scandinavian Airlines (SAS) told me today my April 22 flight to USA was canceled. I phoned them and they said they would return my money to my card. Will not believe it until I see the money back on my account.

Southwest have changed all my four or so prepaid tour flights, and they think it is ok to change from direct into indirect flights, change hours of day and so on, without my approval. Funny funny funny. I will deal with them later.

United have a couple of flights with me, they are still on.

Also, I have a one star hotel prepaid in Buffalo, the stadium hotel, some $100 for two days. I am not sure if I would ever stay there anyway, as their rating looked terrible, when I checked later on.

All my expenses will be paid for by my superior travel insurance. I just want to help my great insurance company in getting back as much money as possible, so that they don't have to cover it via my insurance.

Bjornulf

Date: April 14, 2020 15:02

straycatuk
Has anyone tried to get a refund from BA . They cancelled the first and last legs of our San Diego flights last week. Vouchers have been an option for a while , but they only offer refund options via the phone which they never answer.

Having to take an £1100 voucher which has to be used by early May 2021 is too much of a risk IMO. Too many other reasons to have cash available at the moment.

sc uk

I'd just try to keep at it on the phone, coming from the UK you are legally entitled to get a refund.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 14, 2020 15:12

It helps to have a premium customer card with the airliners. When I phoned in to SAS today, they told me the queue was long, and I was recommended phoning later. I would probably have been queue number 100 or something. Then I keyed in my gold card number, and voila I was number two in the queue, they picked up the phone in 20 seconds. Thanks SAS!

Bjornulf

Date: April 14, 2020 15:25

I got through with American on the phone right away, and I don't have any status whatsoever with them. It was surprisingly smooth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-14 15:56 by Topi.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 14, 2020 15:35

straycatuk

sc uk

Call 0800 727 800 or 0203 250 0145
Do NOT press a number for options when asked to do so just stay on hold and you should get through to an operator.
I do also have a number that would get you through to someone within seconds but won’t be any use to you unless you have top tier status in the BA executive club?

Nate

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 14, 2020 16:11

Still have a few (US) airlines I need to cancel with.
They have offered vouchers, but it is worth waiting until as close to travel dates as possible for a couple reasons.

1st- If you do have to accept a voucher as opposed to a refund, best to get it as close to travel date as possible to extend the time you have to use it as long as possible.

2nd- A lot of pressure in Congress to make the airlines offer refunds as opposed to vouchers. With another stimulus package inevitable, and airlines lining up for bailouts, this may very well end up being the case. Accepting their vouchers early may lock you into that agreement, as opposed to taking refunds if/when offered.

Date: April 14, 2020 16:12

I thought the DOT already ordered the airlines to offer refunds? In the case of a cancellation, that is.

[thepointsguy.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-14 16:14 by Topi.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5354555657585960616263...LastNext
Current Page: 58 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2028
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home