Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5253545556575859606162...LastNext
Current Page: 57 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 11, 2020 21:39

MelBelli
bye bye johnny
Dougratajczak87
For what it’s worth, a poster on Shidoobee whose friend knows Chuck Leavell said that all of the original cities are in play with plans to reschedule the tour for 2021. That was the extent of what the poster shared.

Link to that post?

I am hearing next year as well.

I'm sure they want to do it, and most fans are still holding out hope, and next year would be a great time to make it happen, but right now there's so many variables and unknowns it seems hard to imagine.
That said, if it happens I'll happily buy a ticket to a local show (San Diego or maybe/hopefully L.A?) and will be sure to wear a mask and protective gear! And if anyone gets within six feet of me, there could be trouble...lol

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 11, 2020 21:49

Of course you are hearing next year because it’s certainly not happening this year and even next year is just a hope at this point.
This virus can kill anyone but it predominantly kills older males.If you were a male heading towards 80 would you want to go out on the road for a tour without a vaccine.

Nate

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 11, 2020 22:03

bv
The world looks very different right now, as compared to Feb 6, just a couple of months ago, when the Stones 2020 tour was announced.

They bury 2,000 people every day in USA now. Sure we will have fun at one point, but right now I can not see myself having fun with 50,000 others in a stadium in USA, may be the same stadium they are now using for logistics for the current pandemic.

True,,,but the 1968/69 Hong Kong flu Pandemic was responsible for 1 million deaths world wide (and I stand corrected) but I believe 100,000 deaths in the US.
Maybe there was Vietnam, Race riots and lots of other issues going on....but it didn't stop US music fans going out and having fun.
Granted however, we didn't then have quite the economic consequences (I think?) Nor an awareness of infection control then.
The human race has shown remarkable ability to get over previous disasters...wars being the most obvious.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 11, 2020 22:26

I went to many concerts in the 60s and 70s. Neither the Vietnam War nor any race riot erupted in the arena. It's a bad analogy

Nobody is going to a Stadium in the US until there is a vaccine universally available. So no Stones tour.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 11, 2020 22:27

I’m with Nate... and even if the guys do want to tour next year, unless there is a tested and approved vaccine ready early enough to vaccinate a good chunk of the population well before the start date, I don’t think any insurance company will cover any tour. I think we’re gonna be spending a lot of time at home listening to these guys before we set eyes on them again. Dammit. sad smiley

Date: April 11, 2020 22:39

Sadly, that seems to be the case SomeTorontoGirl.
And as an amendment to my previous post, instead of "if it happens I'll happily buy a ticket to a local show" I should have said "if it happens I'll reluctantly buy a ticket to a local show" - at least that's how I feel right now.
As of right now, attending a concert by anyone is one of the furthest things from my mind, but hopefully in time there will be a vaccine and things might get back to "normal".
Until then, I guess it doesn't hurt to have some hope that we'll see the Stones again, but not placing any bets it will happen anytime soon...

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 11, 2020 22:44

jlowe
bv
The world looks very different right now, as compared to Feb 6, just a couple of months ago, when the Stones 2020 tour was announced.

They bury 2,000 people every day in USA now. Sure we will have fun at one point, but right now I can not see myself having fun with 50,000 others in a stadium in USA, may be the same stadium they are now using for logistics for the current pandemic.

True,,,but the 1968/69 Hong Kong flu Pandemic was responsible for 1 million deaths world wide (and I stand corrected) but I believe 100,000 deaths in the US.
Maybe there was Vietnam, Race riots and lots of other issues going on....but it didn't stop US music fans going out and having fun.
Granted however, we didn't then have quite the economic consequences (I think?) Nor an awareness of infection control then.
The human race has shown remarkable ability to get over previous disasters...wars being the most obvious.

This is not the flu. Until everyone realizes it spreads faster and is more deadly people are going to keep dying. Give it 90 days and I would bet my San Diego Stones tickets more than a million deaths worldwide and 100K in US. It hasn't raged through third world yet.

Date: April 11, 2020 22:49

Hairball
And as an amendment to my previous post, instead of "if it happens I'll happily buy a ticket to a local show" I should have said "if it happens I'll reluctantly buy a ticket to a local show" - at least that's how I feel right now.
As of right now, attending a concert by anyone is one of the furthest things from my mind, but hopefully in time there will be a vaccine and things might get back to "normal".
Until then, I guess it doesn't hurt to have some hope that we'll see the Stones again, but not placing any bets it will happen anytime soon...

Since I got the I had coronavirus badge and antibodies I would go to shows but I do not expect anything any time soon. Most of the 25 or 30 shows I had tickets to have been postponed or cancelled. Still a couple that will be.

Date: April 11, 2020 22:51

daspyknows
jlowe
bv

This is not the flu. Until everyone realizes it spreads faster and is more deadly people are going to keep dying. Give it 90 days and I would bet my San Diego Stones tickets more than a million deaths worldwide and 100K in US. It hasn't raged through third world yet.

You're still holding on to your San Diego tickets?
You have alot more confidence than me that the tour will ever take place in the next year or so, or even take place at all!

daspyknows
Hairball

Since I got the I had coronavirus badge and antibodies I would go to shows but I do not expect anything any time soon. Most of the 25 or 30 shows I had tickets to have been postponed or cancelled. Still a couple that will be.

Glad you're feeling better daspy!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-11 22:53 by Hairball.

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: April 11, 2020 22:52

daspyknows
jlowe
bv

Oh come on, get a grip! I just don't understand why painting it black makes anybody feel any better.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 11, 2020 23:04

Very few here went to see the Stones in Singapore 2003. I did. As we landed in Singapore, the pilot said they had to do a tough landing. Normally they fly in via Malaysia, but because of the Iraq war just starting just a couple of days before, they had to land into the Changi airport from the sea.

I had asked the Stones organization if the tour was on, even if there was a war. They said yes. So I kept going. It wasn't great to be on tour during wartime, but I follow the Stones.

Then there was the SARS. It was terrible in Singapore. Hospitals were full, the rumours were around, it was unsafe. But I went to both shows at the Indoor Stadium. I follow the Stones.

Then I flew on to Hong Kong. The passenger next to me was terribly ill, with fever. As we landed in Hong Kong, everybody had masks. I went from my hotel to Seven Eleven. I was the only one without a mask. Then I was told the Hong Kong shows were off. The Stones never went to Hong Kong. It was terrible with SARS there, a lot more worse than Singapore. I left Hong Kong next morning.

I follow the Stones. Still, when there is a pandemic, The Stones does not tour. They sit still until it is all over. The Iraq was was a footnote for The Stones, they tour during war. Singapore was possible. I met Ronnie in their hotel there, he just wandered around no worries, he probably did not worry about SARS then.

But this virus is different. It comes with the cleaning lady. It comes with the bell boy. It comes with the people around you. It comes with your colleague. When you talk to them, when you travel with them, when you dine with them. Touring is a very social thing. No way they will be able to tour during a pandemi.

Also, it is not a great pleasure to be on tour when all you see in the papers is body bags and stories of dead people. I did that in Singapore and in Hong Kong. It will not happen this year. For sure. The Stones will not let it happen.

Bjornulf

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: April 12, 2020 00:11

Hairball
MelBelli
bye bye johnny
Dougratajczak87
For what it’s worth, a poster on Shidoobee whose friend knows Chuck Leavell said that all of the original cities are in play with plans to reschedule the tour for 2021. That was the extent of what the poster shared.

Link to that post?

I am hearing next year as well.

I'm sure they want to do it, and most fans are still holding out hope, and next year would be a great time to make it happen, but right now there's so many variables and unknowns it seems hard to imagine.
That said, if it happens I'll happily buy a ticket to a local show (San Diego or maybe/hopefully L.A?) and will be sure to wear a mask and protective gear! And if anyone gets within six feet of me, there could be trouble...lol

The poster of this was Drake aka Flacinvinyl. His friend speaks with Chuck. I can tell you from having had several conversations with Chuck, he would not know this information at this point. Outside of the core four, nobody would.

If you are still holding tickets, you should dump them. There will be no concert tours in general until a vaccine is created.

Date: April 12, 2020 03:16

Hairball
daspyknows
jlowe
bv

You're still holding on to your San Diego tickets?
You have alot more confidence than me that the tour will ever take place in the next year or so, or even take place at all!

daspyknows
Hairball

Glad you're feeling better daspy!!!

keeping the best pair. allowed me to return the extra seats I bought trying for the right seats. don't need the cash and only costing me 1% a year carrying cost. have $4k in refunds coming.

Date: April 12, 2020 03:42

daspyknows
Hairball

Holy moly 25 to 30 shows. Man. That’s a lot of live music. I would be in heaven if I could do that! I am lucky to get one good show in a month when things were normal.

Date: April 12, 2020 04:31

jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
Hairball

Holy moly 25 to 30 shows. Man. That’s a lot of live music. I would be in heaven if I could do that! I am lucky to get one good show in a month when things were normal.

2 Stones
5 Roger Waters
6 or 7 Ben Harper in June/July tour
2 Mike Campbell
Autism Benefit with Neil Young, Stephen Stills and others
Thom Yorke
and another dozen smaller shows

If it wasn't for coronavirus I would have done 70-90 shows.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: April 12, 2020 05:53

BV
I think you saw Jagger post on social medias that he rehearsing

Will just mention this weekend April 10-12 in california was to be the coachella festival 125,000+ persons rescheduled to October this year 2020.
(same site as desert trip festival)

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: April 12, 2020 13:25

artedm
BV

Will just mention this weekend April 10-12 in california was to be the coachella festival 125,000+ persons rescheduled to October this year 2020.

How do you come to the conclusion that Mick ist rehearsing for a tour that happens this year? I think he is either playing around or just posing for social media. He even wears his shoes :-)

Coachella was postponed to October 5 weeks (!!!) ago. Then our world was completely different. They simply don't postpone it now because there's no need for it. Here in Germany most festivals die the summer starting with Rock am Ring/Rock im Park with 150.000 people are still on. I think it has something to do with insurance reasons. But come on. This will never happen. All we can hope for is a vaccine that comes later this year. Then we can hope for concerts next year. But I can't believe some here are still thinking about a Stones tour this year.

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: April 12, 2020 14:12

artedm
BV

And there is a good chance that Coachella will be cancelled this year.

There has always been zero chance that the Stones would tour this year, Zero...Nada..Zilch...None

Also, no one...nobody...not one person... can guarantee that they will or can tour next year.

Sure it is easy and common sense to state "they are planning on touring in 2021". Takes no wannabe with their "inside information" to state that.

That might be their goal and hope but we don't know what the world is going to look like in 6 months let alone next year as far as how live/mass gathering events (sporting events, Broadway, concerts, etc) are going to be handle and what restriction might be implemented.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-12 14:23 by OneHourPhoto.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 12, 2020 14:26

I am sorry to say that every month every year a tour - the tour - is getting delayed, they, the band, will get the feel of their age every morning, and anyone at that age i.e. mid to later 70's do know that your body does not feel better and better by age. One day one of them might not be too comfortable staying on the road for three months anymore.

The virus is a bump in the road. Not a little bump by a very large one, in fact several bumps ahead. Those who think there will be a tour this year do not understand how serious the situation is with the world health - and economical - crisis.

Bjornulf

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 12, 2020 14:43

I agree there will be no tour this year - that's plain and easy to understand but if a vaccine is found at some point - I think the Stones will do something though before they bow out, even if it's not a No Filter tour....................

Maybe in 21 or 22....NYC, Chicago, LA - Tokyo - Sydney - Buenos Aires - Rio de Janeiro - Barcelona, Berlin and London - for example......................

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-12 19:05 by EddieByword.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: April 12, 2020 14:54

EddieByword
I agree there will be no tour this year - that's plain and easy to understand but if a vaccine is found at some point - the Stones will do something before they bow out, even if it's not a No Filter tour....................

Maybe in 21 or 22....NYC, Chicago, LA - Tokyo - Sydney - Buenos Aires - Rio de Janeiro - Barcelona, Berlin and London - for example......................

More likely London only, their home.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-12 14:58 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Date: April 12, 2020 15:41

daspyknows
jumpontopofmebaby
daspyknows
Hairball

2 Stones
5 Roger Waters
6 or 7 Ben Harper in June/July tour
2 Mike Campbell
Autism Benefit with Neil Young, Stephen Stills and others
Thom Yorke
and another dozen smaller shows

If it wasn't for coronavirus I would have done 70-90 shows.

Roger Waters 5 times! I could have guessed that. I saw him at Desert Trip and had my eye on seeing him again after I had made all my Stones plans.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-12 20:09 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Date: April 12, 2020 15:51

JumpinJeppeFlash
EddieByword
I agree there will be no tour this year - that's plain and easy to understand but if a vaccine is found at some point - the Stones will do something before they bow out, even if it's not a No Filter tour....................

More likely London only, their home.

I wouldn't be surprised by that either ..........(and maybe a festival........

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: April 12, 2020 16:27

bv
I am sorry to say that every month every year a tour - the tour - is getting delayed, they, the band, will get the feel of their age every morning, and anyone at that age i.e. mid to later 70's do know that your body does not feel better and better by age. One day one of them might not be too comfortable staying on the road for three months anymore.

The virus is a bump in the road. Not a little bump by a very large one, in fact several bumps ahead. Those who think there will be a tour this year do not understand how serious the situation is with the world health - and economical - crisis.

Here’s hoping for at least one more round in the US for 2021!

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: April 12, 2020 18:30

EddieByword

2021 and 2022 is a long way off for The Rolling Stones.

Date: April 12, 2020 18:50

WelshEdge1
EddieByword
I agree there will be no tour this year - that's plain and easy to understand but if a vaccine is found at some point - I think the Stones will do something though before they bow out, even if it's not a No Filter tour....................

Yes, of course I understand that. In fact, that's exactly why, after coming out of the Cardiff show in 18, why I decided, the next day, to go to Twickenham as well...............thinking, heh, Twickers might be the last UK show ever...............eye popping smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-12 19:05 by EddieByword.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 12, 2020 18:58

EddieByword
WelshEdge1
EddieByword

Yes, of course I understand that. In fact, that's exactly why, after coming out of the Cardiff show in 18, why I decided, the next day, to go to Twickenham as well...............thinking, heh, Twickers might be the last UK show ever...............eye popping smiley

I lucky dipped all 8 UK shows in 2018 and I'm so glad I did now. It's going to be a long time before concerts can safely resume and in the case of the heritage acts like the Stones, the Who, Macca, Rod Stewart and others, that's going to significantly eat into their limited remaining time as a live act. My guess is that some might call it a day, They'll have had an extended period of leisure by then and might just decide they like it and have had enough. Hopefully not but it is definitely a risk.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 12, 2020 20:28

Yeah, the longer the machine is stopped the harder it is to get it up and running again...

Date: April 12, 2020 23:39

EddieByword

That would be really cool, after this new leg of No Filter Tour, a mini world tour, maybe new album too and then London shows for 60th anniversary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-12 23:45 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: April 13, 2020 00:57

DiegoGlimmerStones
EddieByword

That would be really cool, after this new leg of No Filter Tour, a mini world tour, maybe new album too and then London shows for 60th anniversary

There wont be any more ”world tours”.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5253545556575859606162...LastNext
Current Page: 57 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1848
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home