Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5152535455565758596061...LastNext
Current Page: 56 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 10, 2020 00:48

tonyc
Years ago I got a series of $2.25 off ticket vouchers in a class action settlement against Ticketmaster. I think it was for the way they charge their extra fees to the base price of the ticket.

Something like that might be the punishment Ticketmaster gets for what they are doing now but it will take a long time for something like that to go through the court system.

I got those too and amazingly used them all, but thought what a joke lawsuit, Ticketmaster has to pay out in increments of $2.25 to those who remember to request them 2 at a time. The only people that came out ahead on that was the plaintiffs lawyers.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 10, 2020 01:00

SomeTorontoGirl
KingmanBarstow
This is exactly the way I feel. Very concerned about solvency. STG, did you get tickets for Vancouver? And if so can I ask how you plan to request a refund from TM.ca?

I put a refund request for Vancouver through TM as soon as the Request Refund button appeared. I’m expecting a long wait. I had also put through refund requests via Live Chat for Charlotte and another (non-Stones) show, both of which have recently been credited back to my card. I’m still waiting for Detroit and Buffalo, both requested via Request Refund (i.e. no Live Chat with a rep) and expect that’s going to take a long time. Fingers crossed...

Hey STG, when did that request refund option appear? After reading your post, I checked and saw it was available. At this point, I'm just going to hold off. Roger Waters in Vancouver now has the refund request option, too. ZZ Top, which is May 1 and Journey which is May 18 still haven't even been officially postponed or cancelled!! WTH? I'll definitely just request a refund for those two shows.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 10, 2020 01:22

DGA35
Hey STG, when did that request refund option appear? ...

I'm not sure, but I had been checking pretty frequently - several times a day - and I posted that it was available within minutes of seeing it. So...around about the time I posted?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 10, 2020 02:00

What i don't understand is why I can't seem to get a refund for San Diego when others have done it, whether I go through email or chat, and yet have received a refund for Louisville, scheduled more than a month later. Crapshoot, yes?

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: April 10, 2020 04:00

Ticketmaster is the primary seller and is giving refunds

stubhub is a secondary seller- stubhub charges 25% service fee and changed refund policy to not give refunds
[www.pollstar.com]
some are speculating stubhub will file bankruptcy
[medium.com]

mickschix
Not so FUNNY Tonyc because with Stub Hub you can easily chat with REAL REPS anytime who are a lot more helpful...plus if you can't attend a show you bought a ticket for, they help you sell your ticket up on that site. The point is, as BV said, folks WILL remember this fiasco and all of the very unnecessary stress they put fans through...and how difficult is was to resolve the problem...for some, it is STILL not resolved. I never used Ticketmaster in previous years because it was easier to get a seat exactly where I wanted to be in the stadium through brokers...and yes, it was a bit more money but I was always satisfied. Ticketmaster is digging their own grave over this by not doing the right thing right away. During a world wide pandemic is NOT the time to screw fans!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 10, 2020 04:49

angee
What i don't understand is why I can't seem to get a refund for San Diego when others have done it, whether I go through email or chat, and yet have received a refund for Louisville, scheduled more than a month later. Crapshoot, yes?

Hi Angee. If you go to your account and look at your specific San Diego order - if it says "This order has been canceled" then you should be in good shoes. Remember, it did say it could take up to 30 days. If you're still able to open order and see all the details with the live chat button, open a new chat and continue to ask for a refund. If your order already says "order cancelled", and there are no details or chat option visible anymore when you open it, there's a way to manuever around that to find out the status. Earlier, I was able to open a chat by opening another order for a different band/concert (Steely Dan/Steve Winwood) where there is a chat option, and once there with someone live, I asked if they could look at the status of my Stones/Dallas along with the status of a Roger Waters refund by giving the order number. Her reply was:

"Yes, your refund is still in progress. Due to the unprecedented volume of cancellations, please note that you should expect to receive your refund in as soon as 30 days".

Clearly I have too much time on my hands right now haha, and will continue to contact Ticketmaster and AXS regarding various orders until all of this is eventually settled. I'm sure if there's enough pressure from millions of people, they'll eventually do the right thing and give refunds as they should and like they used to. Meanwhile, Steely Dan/Steve Winwood at the Hollywood Bowl is still scheduled to happen on June 8th...seems a bit soon considering the current circumstances, and can't say I'm really looking forward to it right now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-10 04:51 by Hairball.

Date: April 10, 2020 06:15

Order does not say cancelled. Have worked through chat, when I can find it, and email several times, never saw a refund option.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: April 10, 2020 06:55

Well darn it Angee, not sure what the problem is...

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: April 10, 2020 07:30

angee
Order does not say cancelled. Have worked through chat, when I can find it, and email several times, never saw a refund option.

Hey Angee, see my response from earlier tonight to STG. The Vancouver show never had a request refund option until very recently. Perhaps the option will show up for San Diego very soon?

Date: April 10, 2020 08:35

DGA35
angee

Hey Angee, see my response from earlier tonight to STG. The Vancouver show never had a request refund option until very recently. Perhaps the option will show up for San Diego very soon?

It showed up two weeks ago for San Diego, but evidently it doesn't show up for everyone which seems very odd.

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: April 10, 2020 09:21

My first TM refund was received today for Louisville tickets. I Requested a Refund on March 24. That same day, I also requested a Nashville refund and made other venue refund requests over the next two weeks, I have only received the Louisville refund so far. But at least my refunds have started after 16 days - better than the "as soon as 30 days" notifications.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 10, 2020 09:33

1985jayer
The panic and fear are more contagious then the virus. 9 million people died from hunger each year, fix that.

This is an ultimate statement of stupidity and ignorance. I will not even spend time on deleting it, because you have put a label om yourself by this statement.

Bjornulf

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: April 10, 2020 16:27

1985jayer
If you purchased a concert ticket 4 weeks ago for $200 to $400 dollars and now you are broke and need the money to feed yourself or pay rent. You probably should not have purchased the ticket.

Oct-Nov tour, 8-10 cities, some same some new cities. New stadiums in LA and Vegas are now in play. There's a hold on the Vegas stadium. The panic and fear are more contagious then the virus. 9 million people died from hunger each year, fix that.

Only one word needed to express my view on this 'post'

Idiot!

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: April 10, 2020 16:31

Maybe in his scenario the trio of Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy open for the Stones!

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: April 10, 2020 16:36

For what it’s worth, a poster on Shidoobee whose friend knows Chuck Leavell said that all of the original cities are in play with plans to reschedule the tour for 2021. That was the extent of what the poster shared.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: April 10, 2020 17:12

Dougratajczak87-That I'll buy. That seems to be what most bands are doing as of now. We will see how that plays out and if the Stones follow that trend.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 10, 2020 19:11

A postponement until next year is what everybody else is doing so yeah, that is a safe bet. Pearl Jam just announced the same.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 10, 2020 19:22

1985jayer
If you purchased a concert ticket 4 weeks ago for $200 to $400 dollars and now you are broke and need the money to feed yourself or pay rent. You probably should not have purchased the ticket.

Oct-Nov tour, 8-10 cities, some same some new cities. New stadiums in LA and Vegas are now in play. There's a hold on the Vegas stadium. The panic and fear are more contagious then the virus.............. 9 million people died from hunger each year, fix that.

1. Maybe these people you cite thought, when they bought thier tickets, that maybe they would still have a job now.....(To pay their rent etc)................eye rolling smiley

2. Dangerous nonsense.

3. Why do you make it either or? - Fix both.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 10, 2020 20:14

Artedm, I hadn't heard that StubHub was in trouble & may file bankruptcy. I agree that their service charges are horrible..guess I defended them because I've had better experiences with them than with Ticketmaster. Thanks for sharing your info.The best way for all of us to proceed in the future is with the utmost caution....glad to hear folks are now seeing refunds coming through. Hoping Chuck is right about a 2021 Tour. He doesn't state things unless they're true so it gives us all hope.

Posted by: mysticwind ()
Date: April 10, 2020 21:16

I had two separate orders for the San Diego show — two tickets each. I looked often on my account and it wasn’t showing any refund button. About a week ago a refund button showed up but not with the two other main buttons. It was way down on the bottom after scrolling the page as far down as possible. So make sure you all scroll down and see if it shows up. I requested a refund on both screens on April 2nd. It cancelled my tickets and I have not received any refund yet. Will let you know when I do. Hope they reschedule when this is all over.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: April 10, 2020 21:50

bv
1985jayer
The panic and fear are more contagious then the virus. 9 million people died from hunger each year, fix that.

This is an ultimate statement of stupidity and ignorance. I will not even spend time on deleting it, because you have put a label om yourself by this statement.

Good move BV. Everyone needs to see and call out the village idiots.

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: April 11, 2020 06:23

This is what it looks like if things settle down soon. The band is certainly planning on rescheduling the dates. But they are on lock down now. For most of the band, even staff is not coming in.

Dougratajczak87
For what it’s worth, a poster on Shidoobee whose friend knows Chuck Leavell said that all of the original cities are in play with plans to reschedule the tour for 2021. That was the extent of what the poster shared.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 11, 2020 08:58

mpj200
This is what it looks like if things settle down soon. The band is certainly planning on rescheduling the dates. But they are on lock down now. For most of the band, even staff is not coming in.

Dougratajczak87

Does that mean the band members are cooking for themselves?

plexi

Posted by: MartinStone87 ()
Date: April 11, 2020 15:04

Good morning, I still did not request my refund for 2 tickets that I have from Atlanta, consult, I already understand my credit card from Uruguay, the refund where it was made, on the same credit card? or do we have to provide a bank account?

Date: April 11, 2020 15:32

They will refund to the same credit card used for purchase.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 11, 2020 18:50

Dougratajczak87

Link to that post?

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: April 11, 2020 18:54

Of course. Or their wives/girlfriends are. They are preparing in their own way. Hopefully we know something soon.

timbernardis
mpj200

Dougratajczak87

Does that mean the band members are cooking for themselves?

plexi

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: April 11, 2020 20:02

bye bye johnny
Dougratajczak87

Link to that post?

[m.facebook.com]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 11, 2020 20:12

The world looks very different right now, as compared to Feb 6, just a couple of months ago, when the Stones 2020 tour was announced.

They bury 2,000 people every day in USA now. Sure we will have fun at one point, but right now I can not see myself having fun with 50,000 others in a stadium in USA, may be the same stadium they are now using for logistics for the current pandemic.

Bjornulf

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: April 11, 2020 21:30

bye bye johnny
Dougratajczak87

Link to that post?

I am hearing next year as well.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5152535455565758596061...LastNext
Current Page: 56 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1455
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home