Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4849505152535455565758...LastNext
Current Page: 53 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 4, 2020 12:53

for those of you having problems getting airfare refunded in the US:

[www.cnn.com]

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 4, 2020 22:18

My ticket is for Cleveland, June 19....has anyone got a refund yet for this show? I am checking almost daily & no refund is offered..that I have seen. I have Discover Card contacting Ticketmaster for me and my account has " frozen" the amount of my ticket...$504. I have no desire attend ANY gathering of this size anytime in the future...even early 2021....no one knows how long this virus will linger & as someone said, doctors predict a resurgence in the winter months..GOODIE! Have they been granting refunds for ANY shows, especially after the Cleveland date? It is very sleazy for Ticketmaster to not allow a requested refund on any of these shows, especially given the economic climate in this country now. That money is very necessary for many folks to feed their families! How do we MAKE TM comply?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 4, 2020 23:39

mickschix
Have they been granting refunds for ANY shows

Yes I'm pretty sure refunds have been granted for most, if not all shows - I already have San Diego $$$ credited back to my account.
And while Dallas refund request was approved, still waiting for completion, but they did say it could take up to 30 days.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-04 23:40 by Hairball.

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: April 4, 2020 23:39

mickschix
My ticket is for Cleveland, June 19....has anyone got a refund yet for this show?

I "Requested a Refund" from TM for Nashville and Louisville on 3/24, Charlotte on 3/25, and Cleveland on 3/28. So far, NONE of those refunds have been posted to my VISA card. They all show as cancelled on my TM account, but still no refunds.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 5, 2020 11:24

There is no reason to discuss the corona virus problems and challenges here. There is a separate thread for that.

This thread is about the Stones US Tour 2020. Your tickets, your refunds, the postponed shows and so on. No need to post a lot of wishful thinking about possible tour start. The tour is postponed.

Until there is something official from the Stones, please use the corona virus thread to discuss and understand the seriousness of the pandemic.

Bjornulf

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 5, 2020 19:26

I'm very HAPPY to hear that, Hairball!! I keep trying to get through to TM, to no avail but as long as I know they're granting refunds for all shows, I will try to be patient. Wondering why no official cancellation from the band yet. It may be painful to hear but it's necessary so we can all move on.

Date: April 5, 2020 19:56

If many ticket buyers ask for refunds then the shows of this tour will sort of vanish business wise, long time before they get rescheduled. Not that I expect new dates this year, but just in case some expect new dates to come soon.

Right now, all through this year, the world will have have more serious stuff to worry about than rock shows and sports events not happening as expected.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 5, 2020 20:08

Bjornulf,

You tell us not to expect a tour anytime soon.
Then you tell us not to talk about the tour.
Now it seems you tell us not to ask for refunds since it will cause the tour to vanish business-wise.

Sorry, but this place doesn’t feel safe to me anymore.
It’s become too one-sided.
What a @#$%& shame.

The band will outlive this site.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 5, 2020 20:12

BV is just stating a fact about the refund process vs a formal cancellation announcement.

Posted by: chrisvw ()
Date: April 5, 2020 21:48

IGTBA
mickschix
My ticket is for Cleveland, June 19....has anyone got a refund yet for this show?

I "Requested a Refund" from TM for Nashville and Louisville on 3/24, Charlotte on 3/25, and Cleveland on 3/28. So far, NONE of those refunds have been posted to my VISA card. They all show as cancelled on my TM account, but still no refunds.

i, too, requested a refund for cleveland last week, online. told at the time it might take 30 days for refund to appear on my card. my ticket order also shows "cancelled" on my TM account.

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: April 5, 2020 22:38

Hi Hairball, I was wondering: I think you have tickets for Atlanta? Were you able to get a refund for Atlanta? I don't have a refund button on My Orders on TM. Thanks.

Posted by: PinballWizard23 ()
Date: April 5, 2020 23:26

OhYesMeAgain
Hi Hairball, I was wondering: I think you have tickets for Atlanta? Were you able to get a refund for Atlanta? I don't have a refund button on My Orders on TM. Thanks.
I have Atlanta tickets and still no refund option, really ridiculous at this point. I’ll never buy tickets for that venue again.

Date: April 5, 2020 23:40

OhYesMeAgain
Hi Hairball, I was wondering: I think you have tickets for Atlanta?

No, I had a standard priced ticket for San Diego, and Lucky Dips for Dallas, and refunded both as soon as I could.

Posted by: ExileFromNJ ()
Date: April 6, 2020 03:06

You could not have a bigger fan or nicer guy than Bjornulf host this site. I have been checking in for decades.

Bjornulf,

Now it seems you tell us not to ask for refunds since it will cause the tour to vanish business-wise.

What a @#$%& shame.

The band will outlive this site.[/quote]

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: April 6, 2020 05:20

Hairball
OhYesMeAgain
Hi Hairball, I was wondering: I think you have tickets for Atlanta?

No, I had a standard priced ticket for San Diego, and Lucky Dips for Dallas, and refunded both as soon as I could.

Thanks for letting me know. (So far, I am having trouble getting a refund for Atlanta.)

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: April 6, 2020 06:07

People use the email format for refunds they got right back to me and got my refund for Buffalo 2 days later..maybe I was just lucky I don't know but that's what I did.good luck

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: April 6, 2020 06:35

Someone wrote here for refund ticket money "That money is very necessary for many folks to feed their families!"
Then I'm asking myself: Why did they pay expensive ticketprice for a concert if they now need the money for food? UNBELIEVABLE!

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 6, 2020 07:16

tioms
Someone wrote here for refund ticket money "That money is very necessary for many folks to feed their families!"
Then I'm asking myself: Why did they pay expensive ticketprice for a concert if they now need the money for food? UNBELIEVABLE!

Maybe since the virus hit, they took a financial hit, like losing a job. No one could have anticipated this when tickets went on sale.

plexi

Date: April 6, 2020 07:26

tioms

Ummm...maybe they've become unemployed since the coronavirus outbreak, and now need the money for necessities like food for their families?

Coronavirus economic updates: US cuts 701K jobs in March, unemployment rate jumps to 4.4%

edit: I see plexi answered the same above. Seems a no brainer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-06 07:27 by Hairball.

Date: April 6, 2020 09:30

ExileFromNJ
You could not have a bigger fan or nicer guy than Bjornulf host this site. I have been checking in for decades.

Bjornulf,

What a @#$%& shame.

The band will outlive this site.

I do not expect any tour or any events soon, sorry. It is not in my hands, it is due to the virus, closing down any crowds in the near future. Ask any scientist and they will say the same.

Feel free to talk about the tour, but it will not happen this year, sorry, you know their age, you know the virus, it is a worldwide pandemi.

I did never recommend anyone not to ask for refunds. Where did you get that from? Of course you should ask for a refund.

If you want to comment on what I say, feel free to quote, but please do not invent something I never said.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-06 11:32 by bv.

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: April 6, 2020 13:24

Hi Bjornulf,

AS far as the posts where it was said you said not to ask for refunds, I think people were confused about this quote: "If many ticket buyers ask for refunds then the shows of this tour will sort of vanish business wise, long time before they get rescheduled".

Date: April 6, 2020 14:09

Sockers56
Hi Bjornulf,

AS far as the posts where it was said you said not to ask for refunds, I think people were confused about this quote: "If many ticket buyers ask for refunds then the shows of this tour will sort of vanish business wise, long time before they get rescheduled".

May be one month ago I said that some people did not ask for refunds to shows with poor artists who now have no income. The Rolling Stones are at the other end of that scale. They ask for an average of $250 per ticket, while the poor artists ask for may be $15 or so.

As for asking about refunds for the Stones tickets, I think that is a personal thing. If you need the money, of course you ask for a refund. If you want to hang on to the ticket for 3, 6, 12 or 18 months, hoping the virus to vanish, then that is a loan to the promoter, may be some can afford that. Remember many are out of work now.

I am not God. The Stones will not cancel the tour because of what I say. I just want to tell people a little bit about numbers and statistics. All four band members are in their 70's. People die from the virus at that age. May be they will tour regardless of age, virus or anything like that, but I don't think any insurance company in the world will take the risk of having a tour this year. Also, as long as lockdown is the only way to stop the virus, any show or any sports event with a crowd is not going to happen.

Finally, since there are people in the denial phase still, I will just close with a reference to what might happen if you do not respect the virus:

A Virginia man who downplayed the seriousness of the coronavirus as merely the media "pumping out fear" has died after contracting the virus.

Landon Spradlin, 66, a pastor and traveling musician, died on Wednesday, March 25, at a hospital in North Carolina after testing positive for COVID-19.

Pastor Landon Spradlin wasn't worried about coronavirus when he went to New Orleans to preach during Mardi Gras. A month later he was dead.

VIRGINIA PASTOR DIES FROM CORONAVIRUS AFTER PREVIOUSLY SAYING 'MEDIA IS PUMPING OUT FEAR' ABOUT PANDEMIC (Newsweek - 3/27/20)

Coronavirus: Pastor who decried 'hysteria' dies after attending Mardi Gras (BBC News 6 April 2020)

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-06 14:11 by bv.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 6, 2020 22:27

“Request A Refund” now available for Vancouver on Ticketmaster.

Posted by: NedKellyBandit ()
Date: April 6, 2020 23:32

Request A Refund - now available for Atlanta on Ticketmaster.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: April 6, 2020 23:36

NedKellyBandit
Request A Refund - now available for Atlanta on Ticketmaster.

Finally!

Prompted by SomeTorontoGirl's post above about Vancouver, I thought I'd check Atlanta, and surprisingly, yes, you can now request a refund.

The only ticket I'm holding onto is my Nashville Pit1. If the tour goes ahead next year then I would be incredibly surprised if ATL is the last show of the tour again, which was the main reason for me going to that show.

We shall wait and see how things develop...

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Date: April 6, 2020 23:52

Cheers, MrJimmy. Let’s hope there are some shows next year...and some after-shows. We need another 3am piano recital! smileys with beer

Posted by: lovingcup22 ()
Date: April 7, 2020 01:03

Finally hit the "refund" button for Atlanta. Looking forward, hopefully, to 2021 shows. No doubt 2020 is not going to happen. Maybe we'll all get a 60th Anniversary tour in 2022? Keep safe, all Stones friends!

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 7, 2020 04:04

Going to get a refund for Atlanta. I feel silly to say it with all that is going on in the world but I'm completely bummed. I was so looking forward to this tour. Hoping for another in the future. Stay well everyone.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: April 7, 2020 16:23

Refund executed for Atlanta a few minutes ago. They were Lucky Dip if anyone wants them maybe check and see if it goes back in the Ticketmaster system.

I'm confident I can find a couple more if I'm able to go to a rescheduled show.

Date: April 7, 2020 17:18

The tour was announced on February 6th, just 2 months ago. A lot has happened, here’s a recap...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4849505152535455565758...LastNext
Current Page: 53 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1773
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home