Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4748495051525354555657...LastNext
Current Page: 52 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: April 2, 2020 04:38

rbp
Sooner or later the Stones will have to call it quits (given their ages). The Coronavirus pandemic may well be the catalyst for this call.
Cannot see any touring in 2020 and believe the tour will eventually be cancelled.
Even if Coronavirus is under control in 2021 (which I doubt) world economies will likely be in recession and not conducive to selling out large scale concerts like the Stones.
Perhaps we have seen the last of the Stones in concert.
You and bv are so obviously correct. The people who disagree are nuts

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 2, 2020 05:02

> when will you personally feel comfortable enough to go to even a club or bar type show, nevermind a game or concert?? <

I’ll be at the first local club show held in Marin County, hopefully in June.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 2, 2020 05:06

bv
The only way this is all over in a short time i.e. in a few months is to let the virus loose and let 0.7% of the population die. Very few countries want to do that, so we will be in a state of keeping the virus down very very long. Large crowds will probably be banned for a long time. Mardi Gras was a big mistake, but they did not know that in NOLA. Life will be different for the rest of 2020 and beyond. I just do not understand bands who reschedule 2-3 months now, but I guess it is all about contracts.

Are you speaking to any bands or larger ones with higher ticket prices BV?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 2, 2020 08:50

The coronavirus is a high security risk for anyone really, especially with age and/or other medical issues. Scheduling a tour with large crowds now or later in 2020 will be like playing russian roulette with the band members as well as their fans. Mind you many fans are also in the risk group. I can't see any real fans who want to see the band members put them selves or their fans at risk.

Some do seem to be in the denial stage still, even if the US president now warn about 100,000 to 240,000 deaths in USA due to the virus. The Rolling Stones have canceled shows due to security in the past. I can't remember which ones, but I think they planned for Kiev among others. Hong Kong due to SARS and so on. The virus will be a big security risk for 1-2 years still.

Bjornulf

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 2, 2020 10:55

bv
The coronavirus is a high security risk for anyone really, especially with age and/or other medical issues. Scheduling a tour with large crowds now or later in 2020 will be like playing russian roulette with the band members as well as their fans. Mind you many fans are also in the risk group. I can't see any real fans who want to see the band members put them selves or their fans at risk.

Some do seem to be in the denial stage still, even if the US president now warn about 100,000 to 240,000 deaths in USA due to the virus. The Rolling Stones have canceled shows due to security in the past. I can't remember which ones, but I think they planned for Kiev among others. Hong Kong due to SARS and so on. The virus will be a big security risk for 1-2 years still.

Not to mention that Charlie will be 79 in a few months. People in their 80s generally like to relax & take care of themselves. Who knows, maybe he will surprise us but if he did decide to retire it wouldn't be the Stones to me without him. We should be thankful that the band has gone as long as it has. & if the last tour was indeed the last, they certainly ended on a high note. There is something to be said for that, too.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 2, 2020 11:20

I really can't see Charlie going that far past 80.

And yes crholmstrom, you're right. We have been on borrowed time for SO long now. It could all have ended last year (or with Ronnie's cancer in 2017, or with Keith, or with Charlie before). Bless our lucky stars for it even having gone on for this long.

I'm perfectly fine with Chicago #2 having possibly been my last show, but I still remaing naively optimistic about a rescheduling. I mean, contractually, aren't they bound to play at some point (granted, it could well be a year from now)? Of course, that all goes down the drain if they decide to just say "f*ck it" and outright cancel. Hope not.

Date: April 2, 2020 11:50

I don't think Miami 2019 will be the last show. May be it will take a while until they tour. A year or two. May be there will be no more tours. Still, UK will be close to them. Keith might fly over, like he did last year, for the rehearsals. I feel I will see them again, may be 2022. As long as they are healthy, and the virus is taken care of by a vaccine, I think we might be lucky. In fact, everything from 2012 have been luck - 140 shows - just pure luck.

Bjornulf

Posted by: pftw04 ()
Date: April 2, 2020 14:22

I totally agree with you. As I pointed out earlier that economy in 2021 will not be good. Yes maybe just maybe they can do in small arena but nit in baseball stadium in front of 50000 crowds. The lock down of whole world will definitely affect the economy[/right]

Date: April 2, 2020 14:32

When this is all over, many people will have lost months of income. The last thing on your mind then would be going on a cruise, or booking high priced concert tickets.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 2, 2020 15:10

bv
When this is all over, many people will have lost months of income. The last thing on your mind then would be going on a cruise, or booking high priced concert tickets.

Thank goodness for low price concert tickets. We have a niece getting married this September in the White Mtns of NH, might be our first real blow-out party.

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: April 2, 2020 15:19

So, till today Sir Paul MC Cartney has not yet cancelled his gig in Werchter (Belgium) on June 21, 2020. I've paid €150.00 for the golden circle. If he does come to do his gig, I don't want to go between thousend of people in these days. I live only 15 km (10miles)from Werchter. I only bought a ticket to see once in my lifetime a Beatle.

Date: April 2, 2020 15:33

tioms
So, till today Sir Paul MC Cartney has not yet cancelled his gig in Werchter (Belgium) on June 21, 2020. I've paid €150.00 for the golden circle. If he does come to do his gig, I don't want to go between thousend of people in these days. I live only 15 km (10miles)from Werchter. I only bought a ticket to see once in my lifetime a Beatle.

That gig will never happen. Just like with the Stones, the "postponed" message will appear just a few weeks ahead of the event. Lawyers work from reality only, not from prediction.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: April 2, 2020 15:40

Topi
I really can't see Charlie going that far past 80.

And yes crholmstrom, you're right. We have been on borrowed time for SO long now. It could all have ended last year (or with Ronnie's cancer in 2017, or with Keith, or with Charlie before). Bless our lucky stars for it even having gone on for this long.

I'm perfectly fine with Chicago #2 having possibly been my last show, but I still remaing naively optimistic about a rescheduling. I mean, contractually, aren't they bound to play at some point (granted, it could well be a year from now)? Of course, that all goes down the drain if they decide to just say "f*ck it" and outright cancel. Hope not.

I think the contract and payments already made are what may make the shows happen. Based on the postponement message and the individual Twitter band members messages, they seem committed to seeing these shows through.

When they are able to have the shows is an entirely other question. I would imagine under the circumstances that a year postponement would be accepted by many. Postponement beyond a year (meaning 2022) would probably a problem for most.

On a side note, NFL is planning as of now to play full season under normal conditions which would be mass gathering crowd. Obviously a lot can change between now and September though.

Date: April 2, 2020 15:56

There is probably a time frame for how long the tour may be postponed. I assume this time frame is months, not years.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 2, 2020 16:10

bv
There is probably a time frame for how long the tour may be postponed. I assume this time frame is months, not years.

I would like to see some of the cancelled 1973 concerts rescheduled if that is up for debate

Posted by: PinballWizard23 ()
Date: April 2, 2020 18:18

Anyone have luck getting a refund for Atlanta yet?

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: April 2, 2020 18:58

PinballWizard23
Anyone have luck getting a refund for Atlanta yet?

Nope... Just Minneapolis.

I really hope they start to offer refunds for Atlanta soon.

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Date: April 2, 2020 19:40

Airliners are breaking the law by not refunding canceled flight. They give you vouchers and new flights later. Their excuse is the situation is extraordinary. It seems like people will have to fight hard to get their refunds from some airliners.

Bjornulf

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 2, 2020 19:43

Nikkei
bv

I would like to see some of the cancelled 1973 concerts rescheduled if that is up for debate

So would I, my sister had a ticket for the Cardiff Castle show, I'd go for her as she no longer can.

Mick did mention that show in Cardiff in 2018 but only so much as to tell us that it was the Stones most famous (no)show and that there were posters for sale...............confused smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 2, 2020 19:45

bv

I think it was Dan who mentioned the Ozzy tour that was postponed, rescheduled, then postponed again, and then ultimately canceled. Not sure of the exact details or timeline, but I think it was a scenario that dragged on for over two years. And not sure if refunds were ever offered, but I don't think so. Maybe someone can clarify the details of it all, but some tours could possibly go on indefinitely with a postponement followed by a reschedule and again a postponemnet, etc., etc., etc.....

Date: April 2, 2020 19:55

I have not tried for any refund yet!

Dallas and Nashville is all I hold but they are damn good seats.

I am waiting until the end of April to decide for refund or not.

I am still hoping for a Sept / Oct tour.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: April 2, 2020 19:56

dnewton99
An interesting strategy that Queen just announced... full tour reschedule with almost exact same dates in 2021... If economy/situations are not better they can cancel or postpone those much later..

[www.udiscovermusic.com]

I think Eric Clapton has done the same (European tour May/June).

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 2, 2020 20:10

EddieByword

Mick did mention that show in Cardiff in 2018 but only so much as to tell us that it was the Stones most famous (no)show and that there were posters for sale...............confused smiley

I'd list Cardiff '18 as one of my top five favorite shows.
The setting, people, setlist, all of it made for a great night.
Mick, when he spoke of the cancelled gig, talked about how infamous the cancelled show was how the poster from it was likely their best selling poster of all time. I'm sure he's not wrong, great poster (which also makes a very cool tattoo winking smiley)

The poster from the '18 show was no slouch either, although I'm still annoyed I didn't buy it at the show as to avoid the hassle of traveling with it.
Online store had a different version, not as appealing. Larger, less clarity etc.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: April 2, 2020 20:31

jumpontopofmebaby
I have not tried for any refund yet!

Dallas and Nashville is all I hold but they are damn good seats.

I am waiting until the end of April to decide for refund or not.

I am still hoping for a Sept / Oct tour.

Hanging on to my Nashville tickets as well, hoping for either Fall 2020 or Summer 2021. Managed to get great seats for the price point I was interested in. Hoping if Fall 2020, Nashville doesn't fall on the one week I'm already scheduled for vacation.

In any event, I think we have a while to wait for some news (as in if we are lucky during the summer, we might hear something)

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 2, 2020 20:47

Hairball
bv

I think it was Dan who mentioned the Ozzy tour that was postponed, rescheduled, then postponed again, and then ultimately canceled. Not sure of the exact details or timeline, but I think it was a scenario that dragged on for over two years. And not sure if refunds were ever offered, but I don't think so. Maybe someone can clarify the details of it all, but some tours could possibly go on indefinitely with a postponement followed by a reschedule and again a postponemnet, etc., etc., etc.....

My kid had tickets to that Ozzy tour, was supposed to tour last summer, then postponed to this summer, then when further physical rehab was necessary cancelled the tour but said it will be rescheduled and those that had tickets to the earlier shows will get first dibs on repurchasing tickets somehow.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 2, 2020 20:57

bv
Airliners are breaking the law by not refunding canceled flight. They give you vouchers and new flights later. Their excuse is the situation is extraordinary. It seems like people will have to fight hard to get their refunds from some airliners.

I worked in EU aviation law and I know full well my rights as a passenger.

In the case of a flight cancellation by the airlines (no matter what the cause is), Article 5
obliges the operating air carrier to offer the passengers the choice among:
a) reimbursement (refund);
b) re-routing at the earliest opportunity, or
c) re-routing at a later date at the passenger's convenience

Speaking of vouchers, it was kinda weird that Finnair offered me one of those vouchers (price of the flight + 10 % extra, valid for a year), even though American Airlines sold me the ticket (the cancelled flight was, indeed, a Finnair-operated flight). When I asked Finnair's customer service about this, they just told me "the voucher offer e-mail was a mistake, we apologize for the inconvenience".

So I will have to call up American at some point. No rush, I know they are legally bound to refund me.

The European Commission's guidelines do

"clarify that the current circumstances are “extraordinary” e.g., compensation may not be given in case of flight cancellation less than two weeks before departure date."

BUT

The Regulation contains nothing that recognises a separate category of 'particularly
extraordinary' events, beyond the 'extraordinary circumstances' referred to in Article 5(3)
of the Regulation. The air carrier is therefore not exempted from all of its obligations,
including those under Article 9 of the Regulation, even during a long period.

See the guidelines here:

[ec.europa.eu]

See also:

[europa.eu]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-02 21:01 by Topi.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 2, 2020 21:03

kovach
Hairball
bv

My kid had tickets to that Ozzy tour, was supposed to tour last summer, then postponed to this summer, then when further physical rehab was necessary cancelled the tour but said it will be rescheduled and those that had tickets to the earlier shows will get first dibs on repurchasing tickets somehow.

Thanks.

And I meant to say "not sure if refunds were ever offered... " throughout the postponement phase, but since it's been cancelled doesn't matter.
For your kids sake, hope it's rescheduled some day.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: April 3, 2020 18:32

Unfortunately had to get refund for Buffalo will be taking a 10% pay reduction..I'm not complaining I still have a job and will be working. Hope everyone gets thru this ok.will miss Stones...

Posted by: Matt1984 ()
Date: April 3, 2020 20:28

It seems like most concerts that were happening in June/July in the US are now rescheduled for Sept/Oct time.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: April 3, 2020 21:50

The U.S. Department of Transportation today-April 3rd 2020- issued an Enforcement Notice clarifying, in the context of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) public health emergency, that U.S. and foreign airlines remain obligated to provide a prompt refund to passengers for flights to, within, or from the United States when the carrier cancels the passenger’s scheduled flight or makes a significant schedule change and the passenger chooses not to accept the alternative offered by the carrier.

[www.transportation.gov]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4748495051525354555657...LastNext
Current Page: 52 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1664
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home