Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: March 31, 2020 21:53

bv
Now it is the virus. I have been on travel all my adult life, around the world several times. When this is all settled down, I will stay local. I am done with travel.

Bjornulf are you really going to quit traveling because of the virus?

Date: April 1, 2020 00:11

Hairball
@jumpontopofmebaby

Based on various things including a hunch, it doesn't seem likely they'll reschedule any time soon, but if and when they do I can always repurchase tix for San Diego.
As for Dallas Lucky Dips (which I bought on a whim) turns out I couldn't go anyways on that date which I figured out prior to all this mess, so a refund is the way to go.

It seems that even if they do reschedule (a big if imo), the dates probably won't be until next year. In the meantime, I'd rather have my money back in my own account.

I will give it until the end of April

I got great seats for Dallas and Nashville

At a decent price.

Hopefully we have a better idea in 4 weeks.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 1, 2020 01:40

I have an average of about 1 show a month March - October in the Seattle area. They have been mostly been postponed & only 1 rescheduled so far. Drive-by Truckers have booked a date in July to replace a March club show. So far, Chris Stapleton in June & Nick Cave in October are a go. The rest no dates have been released yet. Only Roger Waters has indicated that it's off until next year. Of course that was the most expensive one. I'm willing to wait it out. I don't go for the expensive seats anymore. While sure I would like the money back its not the end of the world. The one gripe I have is early on before the show was cancelled the venue Wilco was playing said you could get a refund for any reason & provided instructions on how to contact Ticketmaster about it. Evidently, Ticketmaster chose to ignore the agreement. I requested a refund because it was obvious I wasn't going to be able to go & never heard back from Ticketmaster. I don't blame the venue as they were trying to do the right thing. Also, keep in mind if the promoter is Live Nation they have no excuse because they own Ticketmaster.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 1, 2020 03:00

Hairball
I've been checking my credit card account daily, and the TM refund process for my San Diego ticket has been quick - the money has been already refunded back in to my bank account.
Once it says "this order has been cancelled" in your TM account (when you open a specific ticket order), the process should be quick. My Dallas Lucky Dips are not showing that yet even though I've made sure the request went through via chat, etc.,

Speak of the devil, just checked on TM and "Your order has been canceled" is now showing when clicking on my Stones/Dallas order.
Money hasn't credited back to account yet, but should be very soon. Seems the "up the 30 days" scenario they tell you is just a cushion just in case, but so far the two I've cancelled have been processed rather quickly.
Now waiting for rescheduled shows announcment so I can repurchase another ticket for San Diego...how I wish that would happen, but.............

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: April 1, 2020 03:24

more on stubhub no refund
[www.pollstar.com]

Posted by: rbp ()
Date: April 1, 2020 05:55

Sooner or later the Stones will have to call it quits (given their ages). The Coronavirus pandemic may well be the catalyst for this call.
Cannot see any touring in 2020 and believe the tour will eventually be cancelled.
Even if Coronavirus is under control in 2021 (which I doubt) world economies will likely be in recession and not conducive to selling out large scale concerts like the Stones.
Perhaps we have seen the last of the Stones in concert.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-01 05:56 by rbp.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: April 1, 2020 08:12

rbp
Sooner or later the Stones will have to call it quits (given their ages). The Coronavirus pandemic may well be the catalyst for this call.
Cannot see any touring in 2020 and believe the tour will eventually be cancelled.
Even if Coronavirus is under control in 2021 (which I doubt) world economies will likely be in recession and not conducive to selling out large scale concerts like the Stones.

Somehow I don't think so. We will see them again.

plexi

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: April 1, 2020 08:59

rbp

There are already two sets of alternative rescheduled dates: the first is September to November 2020, the second in Summer 2021. The Stones are committed to playing these postponed shows when it's safe to do so. After that, who knows what will happen?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-01 23:21 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 1, 2020 11:25

Having a No in the tours name has come in handy so far

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 1, 2020 12:06

dimrstone
bv
Now it is the virus. I have been on travel all my adult life, around the world several times. When this is all settled down, I will stay local. I am done with travel.

Bjornulf are you really going to quit traveling because of the virus?

I will follow the Stones wherever they go as long as I live. I don't think they will tour for a long long while. I have been on travel for business and pleasure for all my adult life, away from home 3-6 months every year, so am not desperate for travels.

Now I will stay at home i.e. Norway. We have plenty of clean air and high mountains and fjords and uphill and downhill places to explore. I know our authorities take the virus seriously, whenever there is a 2nd or 3rd wave, I want to be in my country, rather than stranded on a remote place without any transportation home.

There is no need to expose yourself to the virus. We will have a vaccine in may be 1-2 years. Until then I can not see anyone over 60 age with common sense touring the world. There are stupid leaders who ignore the virus several places still, you know who, so many places will be unsafe until may be 2022. Those who book cruise ships or charter flights or week-end trips this year or early next year must be young and healthy and also clairvoyant.

I would like to see the insurance premium for the "next" Stones tour, if they book it now. Personally, I think the coronavirus is a tour killer. Travel and entertainment business will suffer, a lot, unfortunately. Those who think we are back in business after summer don't understand a thing of this.

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-01 12:13 by bv.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 1, 2020 13:36

For those of us holding on to a bunch of airline vouchers in lieu of refunds, they may end up reverting to refunds after all as there is a strong movement in the Senate to make that a condition of "bailout" funds the airlines receive. I'm sitting on quite a few now, would love to see those reverted to refunds as who knows about the ability to use them within the various timeframes they stipulate.

Senators urge U.S. airlines to issue ticket refunds after bailout
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Nine Democratic U.S. senators on Tuesday urged the chief executives of 11 major airlines to issue full cash refunds to customers canceling flights during the coronavirus pandemic after Congress approved a massive rescue package for the hard-hit industry.

“The airline industry got $25 billion to keep workers on payroll – but they’re not the only ones hurting for money right now,” Warren said on Twitter. “I want airlines to provide customers cash refunds, not just travel vouchers, for canceled flights.”
[www.reuters.com]

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 1, 2020 13:44

I know I haven't felt comfortable in crowds for some years due to my medical issues. It is going to be a long time before I'll be able to convince myself to put myself in that situation even after the current crisis is over.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 1, 2020 14:04

Just a heads up regarding flights: Westjet now extended their future travel credit to apply for 24 months in case you want to cancel voluntarily. I did that with my Vancouver-Minneapolis flight.

Still waiting on American to contact me regarding my long-haul. For that one I want real money back.

Date: April 1, 2020 19:06

jumpontopofmebaby
colonial

Can I ask why are people getting refunds?

Is it because you think they will not tour in the fall of this year?

Not touring this year is one of my concerns, the biggest reason for me getting refunds is that is way too much money to have floating that long. I can use it in our budget somewhere else.

Thanks,

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: April 1, 2020 20:07

TornAndFried
rbp

There are already two sets of alternative rescheduled dates: the first is in September to November 2020, the second in Summer 2021. The Stones are committed to playing these postponed shows when it's safe to do so. After that, who knows what will happen?

Why do you say that with so much confidence? any nearby source? unfortunately this virus ruined my year and that of all of us who love stones here. I don't see them playing this year and that makes me too sad.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 1, 2020 20:33

Those "two sets of alternative rescheduled dates" were probably part of the initial negotiations and contract made prior to the onslaught of the coronavirus crisis.
Little did they know the magnitude and devastation this is causing, but there's always hope it will be over sooner rather than later. The problem is nobody knows....

Date: April 1, 2020 21:31

The only way this is all over in a short time i.e. in a few months is to let the virus loose and let 0.7% of the population die. Very few countries want to do that, so we will be in a state of keeping the virus down very very long. Large crowds will probably be banned for a long time. Mardi Gras was a big mistake, but they did not know that in NOLA. Life will be different for the rest of 2020 and beyond. I just do not understand bands who reschedule 2-3 months now, but I guess it is all about contracts.

Bjornulf

Date: April 1, 2020 22:00

BV, As much as it seems unlikely but if the Stones reschedule the tour starting in Sept 2020, would you attend?

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 1, 2020 22:44

makemeburnthecandle
BV, As much as it seems unlikely but if the Stones reschedule the tour starting in Sept 2020, would you attend?

I think he already said no.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: April 1, 2020 22:50

makemeburnthecandle

Tour start in Sept 2020 is just as likely as Keith Richards having a beer at a street restaurant in East Village on Manhattan NYC this week.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 1, 2020 22:59

makustone
TornAndFried
rbp

There are already two sets of alternative rescheduled dates: the first is in September to November 2020, the second in Summer 2021. The Stones are committed to playing these postponed shows when it's safe to do so. After that, who knows what will happen?

Why do you say that with so much confidence? any nearby source? unfortunately this virus ruined my year and that of all of us who love stones here. I don't see them playing this year and that makes me too sad.

Ummm - some perspective may be needed here! Some people's entire lives/livelihoods have been ruined, health professionals and others are working their butts off daily and thousands have died already all over the globe. Disappointing as it may be, the postponement of a tour rather pales by comparison!

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: April 1, 2020 23:03

bv

Tour start in Sept 2020 is just as likely as Keith Richards having a beer at a street restaurant in East Village on Manhattan NYC this week.

Well, he stopped boozing anyway, right? grinning smiley

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 1, 2020 23:05

makustone
TornAndFried
rbp

I'll give TornAndFried the benefit of doubt, if you look back many of his predictions were pretty accurate. However as BV pointed out, maybe those were contingency dates originally built into the contract and not new developments since this devastating virus that's disrupted everyone's lives.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: April 1, 2020 23:06

bv
makemeburnthecandle

I hadn't really thought of it before because we've never been in this situation before, but one would assume there is going to need to be a gradual unwinding of restrictions, meaning getting out of home, back to regular work, back to normal gatherings, back to mass gatherings.

It's not going to be as soon as there are no new deaths (maybe mid July for most states) then everyone goes back to life exactly how it was. With each state on a unique timeline, I don't see any way a tour of this scale goes forward this fall, especially considering the Stones would all have to be state side by August.

My expectation is summer 2021 and we have some time to slowly get back to normal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-01 23:07 by Dougratajczak87.

Posted by: rbp ()
Date: April 1, 2020 23:29

Life will not get back to "normal" until a vaccine is produced.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: April 1, 2020 23:51

Pittsburgh refund available @ TM.

Posted by: Kerryann ()
Date: April 2, 2020 00:01

Even if the Stones do reschedule for next year, it is likely only people in the US who will attend the shows.

Here in NZ we've been told that it's likely our border could be closed for years, and only open piece by piece to select countries who are clean of covid-19.

Not sure what the stance is in other countries, but my thoughts are that this virus outbreak will change the world as we know it forever.

America will be flattened by this both economically and socially, which will take many years to recover from. I feel that world power is about to be shaken up with maybe China coming out on top.

I certainly hope I'm wrong!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: April 2, 2020 00:20

Japan today announced that they will be closing their borders to 70 countries as from this Friday.This effectively means the majority of Asia is now closed to foreigners.
I certainly hope we see the opening of borders sometime this year but of course only when it’s safe to do so.

Nate

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: April 2, 2020 01:44

An interesting strategy that Queen just announced... full tour reschedule with almost exact same dates in 2021... If economy/situations are not better they can cancel or postpone those much later..

[www.udiscovermusic.com]

Posted by: FeelinRealWell ()
Date: April 2, 2020 02:56

Guys n gals...no disrespect intended towards anyone's opinion. The Stones are men in their mid 70s with health issues to boot. It would be very irresponsible of them to fly from State to state in today's new world... ANYTIME SOON. Put yourself in that position, when will you personally feel comfortable enough to go to even a club or bar type show, nevermind a game or concert?? My selfish hope is perhaps a 2022 mini 60th anniversary tour where they play multiple nights in just a few major cities...but even that seems like a dream scenario at this point. Here's to hoping! Be safe...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1842
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home