Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: rbarnes00 ()
Date: March 26, 2020 05:03

I just submitted a refund request for Detroit. I had to wait about 10 minutes to chat with an agent on the website, but she was able to help me in about 5 minutes. Good luck to all.

Posted by: pftw04 ()
Date: March 26, 2020 14:22

As BV pointed earlier that the economy will at least take 18 months to recover because of the deadliest virus. Top of that there is no vaccines available now. Even the vaccine will be available after 18 months. Now even after recovering of economy after 18 months no one will fund to promote STONES show immediately.

Therefore I hate to say that 2019 was their last. I don't see them touring in 2022 when they will be almost 80. Atleast not large stadium tour. Maybe they can play in small arena or clubs, but not in large stadium.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 26, 2020 14:30

pftw04

Maybe they can play in small arena or clubs, but not in large stadium.

Does it actually make a difference for Charlie if he plays 2 hours in a large stadium or in a small arena (apart from weather / temperature) ?

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: March 26, 2020 14:48

After being refused a refund for Atlanta on live chat yesterday, Ticketmaster live chat is now blocking me from talking with anyone with a message about postponed and no refunds until a new date is announced.

I don't understand why each show is different since it is the same promoter for all shows?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-26 19:36 by tonyc.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 26, 2020 15:01

I finally tried a video chat with Ticketmaster to try to sort my refunds. I had been able to request a refund on line for Charlotte but not for the other 3 shows. I think this may be why some shows don’t show a Refund option...

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: March 26, 2020 15:16

Not sure if this is the case, but regarding the economy, the Stones may have benefited from postponing rather than cancelling. They may have had a hard time rebooking and getting their guarantees but perhaps by postponing and keeping the original contract, they maintained their originally contracted guarantees.

Probably better for both the promoter and the band given the costs already spent and tickets already sold (even assuming a fair amount of refunded tickets). Much easier to get people to accept money they have already spent vs asking them to make a new purchase.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-26 15:20 by Dougratajczak87.

Posted by: PinballWizard23 ()
Date: March 26, 2020 15:53

SomeTorontoGirl
I finally tried a video chat with Ticketmaster to try to sort my refunds. I had been able to request a refund on line for Charlotte but not for the other 3 shows. I think this may be why some shows don’t show a Refund option...

The chat session doesn’t work via my orders for the Atlanta show and you aren’t even able to call via that number.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: March 26, 2020 15:59

I'm just going to sit on my one pair of tix. Why? Because if the tour is indeed cancelled as many predict....I probably won't re buy tickets. I always said if the Stones were within driving distance, I wouldn't miss them. Funny how things change. Obviously, the events of the last 2 tours are no one's fault. But, getting tickets to big events is now a pain. $50 to park, etc. I think it's time I bow out from large shows and just stick to theaters and Arenas close to me. So I will hold on to my St. Louis tickets until we hear the postponement has turned into....cancelled.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 26, 2020 18:28

PinballWizard23
SomeTorontoGirl

The chat session doesn’t work via my orders for the Atlanta show and you aren’t even able to call via that number.

And the ticket I have for San Diego is standard - non VIP, and there is no refund option, though Topi saw a refund option for his San Diego Lucky Dips.

Last night I did a chat/refund request for Dallas as I wanted to see if my self service request went through, and the TM employee said they're "having issues with it" and it varies show by show, so she'd help me out with it - could take up to 30 days, etc. Keep in mind I was bumped out a couple of times before I finally was able to connect with someone, so keep trying.

Currently trying to chat for my San Diego ticket and have already been bumped out once, now says "less than a 15 minute wait", so expecting more delays and/or getting bumped out again - will update if I ever get through.

Date: March 26, 2020 18:31

SomeTorontoGirl
FeelinRealWell
Hey everyone, most importantly I hope you're safe and well. Case anyone is interested after being bounced off the app about half dozen times last night I went on the website and after three or four tries was finally able to submit a refund request for the Buff show. TM says it will take up to 30 days to credit CC. Made me real sad to do it but figured with all the uncertainty having an extra 800$ can't hurt. Stay safe!

Interesting... I was able to get a refund for Charlotte, and for another non-Stones show, but there is no refund available for my tix for Buffalo, Detroit or Vancouver, either on the website or the App. Have been checking multiple times daily for several days. Wondering what’s going on, but expect they’re just swamped. Also, they are TicketBastards... sad smiley

Glad you got a refund for Charlotte. How did you do it? I'm on the TM site now and cannot see a refund button.

Thanks,

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Date: March 26, 2020 18:44

OK update - made it through the chat for my San Diego ticket which had NO self service/refund option for me.
All I had to say was "Hi, I am seeking a refund for this order".

Her response:

"Let me submit a request to get you a refund the promoter is allowing them let me get started when im done ill get you
a reference number for this refund it has to be sent to a higher up I cannot refund for any event they will have to process it"

Gave me a reference number saying it could take up to 26 business days, etc.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: March 26, 2020 19:25

The St. George Theater in Staten Island sent me an email regarding canceled and rescheduled shows. In it they say this:

"Dear Patrons of the St. George Theatre,

The health and safety of our community we love and serve, is our top priority, and our thoughts are with those impacted by the COVID-19 global pandemic. Since it first surfaced, our team has been monitoring the situation closely and taking every precaution to keep our patrons, staff, artists, and community safe.

St. George Theatre management team is working diligently with our community leaders and artists to determine necessary precautions during this time. Our website will continue to be updated with information regarding any event changes. Any changes in events are also being communicated directly to our ticketholders.

Refunds will be given for a cancelled event. If you are unable to attend a rescheduled performance date, please visit Ticketmaster Verified Ticket Resale to list your ticket(s) for resale. For assistance with this platform, please contact Ticketmaster."

So at this point you have to hope someone buys your ticket. Maybe that will change but I imagine Tickemaster is scrambling to avoid refunds as much as possible.

Date: March 26, 2020 19:58

Lots more info here bleedingman:
Information Regarding the Cancellation and Rescheduling of Live Events (Mar 12, 2020) Ticketmaster

Posted by: Kerryann ()
Date: March 27, 2020 00:45

I cancelled all of my accommodation through hotels.com. All the booking were fully refundable and I cancelled within the refundable time frame. I received about half of my refunds and the others are showing cancelled on the hotels.com site, but the money still hasn't appeared back on my credit card. Trying to contact them is useless, the calls don't even go through.

I've requested refunds for 3 out of the 4 Stones shows. No option for Vancouver.

Luckily our international flights (Air New Zealand) we got a credit.

Still out of pocket to the tune of about $15,000 NZ.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 27, 2020 02:14

Topi
Hairball
Topi
I see the refund button for my NSH pit and MIN dips, VAN dips not yet.

Thanks, I was going to ask about refunds for other cities thinking it might be just for Lucky Dips to begin with based on my refund/request last night for Dallas.
San Diego still not showing refund option, and would like to refund my floor seat whenever I can thank you please. .

Hairball, I am seeing the refund option for my San Diego dips. Odd...

refunds submitted for my San Diego extras. Will hold 2 seats but don't expect any shows any time soon.

Posted by: 1badgator ()
Date: March 27, 2020 03:29

I was alerted by a program to changes on Tampa TM website. What I did notice the order of postponed concerts now starting with Charlotte (was July 1), Tampa (was July 5), Pitt and the rest. Hopeful that would still happen.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 27, 2020 12:23

Amtrak refunded my travels bookings for the tour this summer 100%. I phoned their international number, and much to my surprise, there was an agent on the phone in less than a minute! I said I needed to cancel my Amtrak travels in May/June. He asked why. I told him I was banned from travel from Norway into USA, based on the current virus situation. Then he refunded all my travels 100%. Since the Norwegian currency (NOK) has been loosing value by some 20% vs the US dollar due to the falling oil price the past few weeks, I did actually get NOK 2.800 extra in return, which is equivalent to US $255.

I was looking forward to do the great long travels by train from San Diego to Vancouver, then further on to Minneapolis etc, but sadly there will not be any tour.

Bjornulf

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 27, 2020 12:46

bv
Amtrak refunded my travels bookings for the tour this summer 100%. I phoned their international number, and much to my surprise, there was an agent on the phone in less than a minute! I said I needed to cancel my Amtrak travels in May/June. He asked why. I told him I was banned from travel from Norway into USA, based on the current virus situation. Then he refunded all my travels 100%. Since the Norwegian currency (NOK) has been loosing value by some 20% vs the US dollar due to the falling oil price the past few weeks, I did actually get NOK 2.800 extra in return, which is equivalent to US $255.

I was looking forward to do the great long travels by train from San Diego to Vancouver, then further on to Minneapolis etc, but sadly there will not be any tour.

I'm glad Amtrak treated you well. It sounds like you had a good plan for your tour. The trip up the entire west coast would be a good one. Lot of beautiful scenery especially if it's the one that goes up the coast close to the water. we'll think positive & say you will get to take that trip next year. smileys with beer

Posted by: RAnderson ()
Date: March 27, 2020 14:08

Just used the live chat option and submitted a refund request for Minneapolis and TM did Grant it, so, see what you can find out, folks.

Posted by: PinballWizard23 ()
Date: March 27, 2020 15:31

Just finished a live chat with TM regarding refunds for the ATL show and basically said promoter isn’t allowing for that particular venue at this time.

Bunch of BS

Date: March 27, 2020 21:21

Just finished chat on Charlotte show. Will get refund in 30 days or less.
Got interesting for a while as the tixs had been transferred over and back from my wife's TM account. Tixs in one order, money in the other....that was fun.

Now to contact the travel ins folks and get that money back.

I'm washing literally my hands of concerts until fall at the earliest.
We are in this for a long haul regardless of what some folks may believe.

Thanks

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-28 16:18 by MidnightDevilRambler.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: March 27, 2020 21:39

MidnightDevilRambler
Got interesting for a while as the tixs had been transferred over and back from my wife's TM account. Tixs in one order, money in the other....that was fun.

We are in this for a long haul regardless of what some folks my believe.

Thanks

Still haven't heard from some artists I have tickets for. Frustrating. I want a refund, I can score cheap tickets on the day of the show if I want to go.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: March 27, 2020 22:09

mickschix
GerardH, thank you! It really is beyond belief that these people STILL don't get what's going on.....I want the Stones to stay as far away from danger as possible so they CAN tour again when it is completely safe....and not one moment before! The one thing we do have in common is our love for this enduring band and how much they mean to all of us! God Speed The Rolling Stones!

Beautifully stated. My compliments. I endorse every word. I pray you will get to see the band again when all is okay and life returns to some form of normality.

God Bless the Rolling Stones

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 28, 2020 01:22

GerardHennessy
mickschix
GerardH, thank you! It really is beyond belief that these people STILL don't get what's going on.....I want the Stones to stay as far away from danger as possible so they CAN tour again when it is completely safe....and not one moment before! The one thing we do have in common is our love for this enduring band and how much they mean to all of us! God Speed The Rolling Stones!

Beautifully stated. My compliments. I endorse every word. I pray you will get to see the band again when all is okay and life returns to some form of normality.

God Bless the Rolling Stones

Yes, the band must continue to endure so that we can continue to love they who endure. If they don't endure, we have nothing to love. Everybody needs some band to love.

plexi

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: March 28, 2020 02:42

MidnightDevilRambler

We are in this for a long haul regardless of what some folks my believe.

Thanks

I did same thing in terms of transfer to wife’s account. Hoping they’ll honor a refund if I can’t make revised date (once announced) assuming doesn’t end up cancelled all together.

Posted by: rubyeveryday ()
Date: March 28, 2020 07:51

Let’s move refund talk to it’s own topic and save this space to anticipation of the return of The Rolling Stones live in 2020!

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: March 28, 2020 08:02

bv

BV, were your original Amtrak bookings flexible/refundable? I have a couple of non-refundable bookings, I wonder if it is worth trying?

syrel

Posted by: pftw04 ()
Date: March 28, 2020 08:23

As mentioned earlier that due to pandemic, it will take at least a year and half to recover, so I really feel considering their age 2019 was their last. However now what we can hope a last album, but concert I feel its unlikely.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 28, 2020 08:46

No I think if all four band members are healthy we will see at least a concert to
mark the 60th anniversary of the band. I agree, though, a lot can happen between
now and then. My guess is, if all is well next summer, they will make up these US tour dates in 2021 - but even this would depend on a vaccine being available by at least April of next year. Hopefully things get back to “normal” soon but, at this point, it’s not encouraging. Miami could very well have been their last show.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 28, 2020 12:44

I didn't have to cancel my long-haul flights, Finnair did it on my behalf...

Just waiting for info from American (they are the ones who sold me the ticket)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1412
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home