Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3940414243444546474849...LastNext
Current Page: 44 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 19, 2020 21:09

Good luck with the credit card disputes. as others have said, it won't work. They will take the charge off now and they will put it back on after TM responds to them stating their policy. At that point, the card co. does not act like a judge and decide what is reasonable, they will put the charge back on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-19 21:12 by Rokyfan.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 19, 2020 21:21

Please do not write in UPPERCASE and/or bold. It is an offence, and I will delete such posts if I see more of them

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-19 21:22 by bv.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 19, 2020 22:10

Rokyfan
Good luck with the credit card disputes. as others have said, it won't work. They will take the charge off now and they will put it back on after TM responds to them stating their policy. At that point, the card co. does not act like a judge and decide what is reasonable, they will put the charge back on.

Exactly this.
TM will be on the winning end at this point without a doubt.
Policy at time of purchase was clear as I already posted, slam dunk win for them.

People that do this will discover this the hard way imo..
C Card company listens to your side, based on that- assures you they will go to bat for you, and when TM responds with the stated policy, they win.

Meanwhile, shows are rescheduled, others get refunds and your dispute drags on for months ending in you being ordered to pay it and the interest.
Patience is the key here.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 19, 2020 22:17

spikenyc

Even if these shows were covered by their policy, they would probably make us jump thru hoops to recoup our money.

Well, you're right about that. These insurance add-ons are a bit dubious, just like those offered by airlines. But it does help to read the policy before buying - a quick google search indicates the Allianz policy is for individual mishaps - covered illness/injury, military/jury duty, traffic accidents, mechanical breakdown, loss of job, work relocation, death, etc. It's probably unnecessary for 99% of people.

spikenyc

Perhaps next week we will have more specific information.

Exactly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-19 22:22 by DeanGoodman.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 19, 2020 22:21

There is a world-wide crisis happening and you're worried about, maybe, a few thousand dollars? That's offensive to me. By now you should have learned how to protect yourselves on large purchases. Insurance was offered on the tickets and a doctor's note would allow everyone on that excursion to get a full refund. I have done it with RS tickets. You also already committed to spending the money anyway. You can file in small claims court against TM while you dispute the credit card charge. You can submit documents to the credit card company showing that TM can not meet its lawful contractual obligation of providing a rolling stones show at that venue on that date you paid for. USA law. And as a bonus, after a certain amount of demands, the policy will change in a NY minute. actions are better than complaining. And for your travel bookings, you should have used the free services of a travel agent, like me! Not everyone is capable of doing every job just because it's possible, but FREE becomes a no brainer! The virus is going to be framed as a one year to 18 month event so the tour is NOT happening so you should start your refund demands now. I got airline tickets that I bought cheap enough not to insure but it's not going to be a problem getting future credit. So many times flight times change on a ticket bought well in advance. If it changes 15 minutes or more you can get a full refund. And before I say good luck, why don't you all go on a new thread where you can post what you are doing right now to help the world get better!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 19, 2020 23:41

MisterDDDD
Last years postponement due to Mick's illness was announced Apr 1, 2019.
The new dates were announced May 16. (give or take based on a quick search)

The day the new dates were announced, people were offered refunds or you could keep your tickets.

Until they announce new dates this time, I wouldn't have been expecting the option to be refunded. Until they get everything in place and announce new dates, which clearly takes some time, I'm not expecting any refund option as it's premature at this point. I don't think it will take as long as last time, as they had a bit more of a jump on using this coming though, so soon is likely, or they will decide to move it to the "cancelled" category.

The difference this time I suppose is few of us believe they will be able to reschedule in a timely manner as they have stated that they are attempting to do.
The uncertainty isn't much different than last time, as we were all concerned about Mick's health. Other difference obviously is the virus and how badly its impact has been on the industry along with what some other bands are dong.

Before we assume that this time will be different, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, a little patience, and when they have (optimistically) rescheduled the tour, expect that they will trigger the refund option. Call me naive, but the band clearly has some say on this, and they've always done right by the fans when these things happen.

Actually refunds were available the same day the postponement was announced which was March 30 - way before there were any rescheduled dates.
I know for a fact as I was on the ticketmaster chat immediately after I read about it seeking a refund for one of the shows - I think it was for Pasadena as it turned out my wife wasn't going to be able to make that show after all.
I recall being in Vegas and hearing the news, and suddenly scrambling online cancelling multiple hotel reservations, etc., etc., etc. Saved a folder of all things Stones 2019 related, and here is a refund confirmation sent the day after I made the request.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 20, 2020 00:06

Hairball

Actually refunds were available the same day the postponement was announced which was March 30 - way before there were any rescheduled dates.
I know for a fact as I was on the ticketmaster chat immediately after I read about it seeking a refund for one of the shows - I think it was for Pasadena as it turned out my wife wasn't going to be able to make that show after all.
I recall being in Vegas and hearing the news, and suddenly scrambling online cancelling multiple hotel reservations, etc., etc., etc. Saved a folder of all things Stones 2019 related, and here is a refund confirmation sent the day after I made the request.

Actually,
Fair enough.
I was going on memory and kept all my tickets, so I appreciate the clarification.

Still wouldn't stress this until new dates are announced.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 20, 2020 00:21

MisterDDDD
Hairball

Actually,
Fair enough.
I was going on memory and kept all my tickets, so I appreciate the clarification.

Still wouldn't stress this until new dates are announced.

Actually, no stress on my part - just a bit of frustration.
As I mentioned previously, TM and AXS must be getting slammed with postponements/cancellations - the Stones shows on ticketmaster haven't even been listed as postponed yet, and tix are still available for the original dates.
So it's probably just a matter of time before we hear something, and hopefully we'll find out something sooner rather than later. But in the big picture of this nasty crisis it's really small potatoes to worry about.

One thing's certain, I won't be contacting my credit card company to stop any payments - especially if it was made on a Discover card which is one of the worst credit card companies ever.
I learned that years ago when when I was traveling around Europe and it wasn't recognized/useful anywhere, but maybe it's grown in stature since then.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 20, 2020 00:31

Pearl Jam's ticket-refund process has just been suspended because all the workers at the Ticketmaster division handling the tour have been sent home - "All email, phone and chat operations will be unavailable during this time ..."

Logical conclusion re: Stones- some patience may be necessary.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 20, 2020 00:51

Source: Fox News Chief Medical Officer (I think out of Johns Hopkins) " Most viruses cannot withstand temps over 70 -75 degrees F. Spring is near - for my Northern friends-

Posted by: rlj1010 ()
Date: March 20, 2020 00:55

Chris Fountain
Source: Fox News Chief Medical Officer (I think out of Johns Hopkins) " Most viruses cannot withstand temps over 70 -75 degrees F. Spring is near - for my Northern friends-

For what its worth, lots of cases down here in Florida where temperatures are in excess of that.

Date: March 20, 2020 00:58

Yep- i live in Martin County - not to jinx- but zero cases thus far.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 20, 2020 01:31

Chris Fountain

it is summer in australia. just saying....

PS: Chris, think this may be on the wrong thread. easy to do!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-20 01:58 by crholmstrom.

Date: March 20, 2020 02:16

Chris Fountain

jesus christ, let's try to follow bv's rule and only quote reputable news sources.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 20, 2020 03:25

Chris Fountain

Faux News is never a reliable source. If true there would be no cases in Australia, South America, Etc.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 20, 2020 04:20

daspyknows
Chris Fountain

Faux News is never a reliable source. If true there would be no cases in Australia, South America, Etc.

This is the wrong thread to be discussing the Corona virus.

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: March 20, 2020 04:49

I wish The Stones would play an acoustic set ala 'Stripped' & broadcast it live on their website as a treat due to the postponement.

...just dreaming out loud

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: FlyoverStones ()
Date: March 20, 2020 05:03

DREAMTIME
There is a world-wide crisis happening and you're worried about, maybe, a few thousand dollars? That's offensive to me. By now you should have learned how to protect yourselves on large purchases. Insurance was offered on the tickets and a doctor's note would allow everyone on that excursion to get a full refund. I have done it with RS tickets. You also already committed to spending the money anyway. You can file in small claims court against TM while you dispute the credit card charge. You can submit documents to the credit card company showing that TM can not meet its lawful contractual obligation of providing a rolling stones show at that venue on that date you paid for. USA law. And as a bonus, after a certain amount of demands, the policy will change in a NY minute. actions are better than complaining. And for your travel bookings, you should have used the free services of a travel agent, like me! Not everyone is capable of doing every job just because it's possible, but FREE becomes a no brainer! The virus is going to be framed as a one year to 18 month event so the tour is NOT happening so you should start your refund demands now. I got airline tickets that I bought cheap enough not to insure but it's not going to be a problem getting future credit. So many times flight times change on a ticket bought well in advance. If it changes 15 minutes or more you can get a full refund. And before I say good luck, why don't you all go on a new thread where you can post what you are doing right now to help the world get better!

I find your entire post and tone offensive and out of place here. If you know so much about the refunds and can get one for yourself now then great. If not, it’s your problem and not ours to read how you think others should handle the situation. And who are you to tell others they should know better or be able to throw away a few thousand dollars? Just move along and take your anger over to Twitter or Facebook.

Date: March 20, 2020 12:01

I'm going to use the stimulus check to buy Stones concert tickets- Still think Louisville would be a cool place to go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-20 13:19 by Chris Fountain.

Date: March 20, 2020 19:48

Chris Fountain

From memory I believe USA run all inside areas on AC.

PS. There is a separate thread on the virus talks.

Bjornulf

Date: March 21, 2020 15:49

The same rules should apply to all. I'm not the only one who has interwinded the two threads as both share same contingencies. My last post was about Louisville being a premier stop for the tour. Also I have listed all sources in the other thread - If folks do not like Fox News, Johns Hopkins,CNN or any source then there is something wrong. All sources should be cited.

It is disturbing when I cite a source and folks think it is my viewpoint. At this time we need togetherness and not prejudice.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 21, 2020 17:06

Sane folks do not watch Fox News....it's a propaganda network...just a fact, not my opinion.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 21, 2020 17:08

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-21 17:08 by angee.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 21, 2020 17:09

bv
Chris Fountain

That's not entirely true. There are warehouses, boatyards and auto repair shops that do not have AC.

Date: March 21, 2020 17:26

Agreed- to add; Roofers, Lawn Services, etc.. share the same conditions.

Date: March 21, 2020 17:37

mickschix
Sane folks do not watch Fox News....it's a propaganda network...just a fact, not my opinion.

Fox News is broadcasting NY Governor as we speak- is that propoganda?- no offense whatsoever-- Let's gather all information possible - Does that work with you?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 21, 2020 17:44

Even some of our homes do not have A/C in the US...sometimes most people in certain areas, where very hot whether used to be uncommon.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: March 21, 2020 17:53

angee
Even some of our homes do not have A/C in the US...sometimes most people in certain areas, where very hot whether used to be uncommon.

Yep - this country is not picture perfect as the world thinks we think we are. However, We are first to help where needed!!! That I'm proud of!! We will gett through this -

Date: March 21, 2020 18:01

GasLightStreet
bv
Chris Fountain

That's not entirely true. There are warehouses, boatyards and auto repair shops that do not have AC.

What I am trying to say is, the virus love it cold, i.e. it may survive three days in airconditioned environments, on plastic or steel or similar surfaces, and a lot of restaurants and sports bars and so on have AC, so even if 50% of all indoor placed do not have AC, there might still be plenty of places where the virus might survive through the summer, unless extreme measures are taken.

This is a very fast moving virus, not at all like the flu or the cold. We had hundreds of people coming home from winter holidays in the Austrian alps with coronavirus during the first two weeks of March in Norway, more than 100 having got the virus from the same bartender at one bar, serving shots at after-ski parties ... Don't underestimate the fatality.

And in case some seem to think so, there will be no Stones tour this summer. No chance at all. The summer will hold the world in emergency state, because so many people do still think it will just "blow over soon".

Bjornulf

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 21, 2020 18:23

Event cancellations now stretching to late July in California. No insurance company going to underwrite the rescheduled tour this year. Maybe next year IMHO.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3940414243444546474849...LastNext
Current Page: 44 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1228
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home