Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3738394041424344454647...LastNext
Current Page: 42 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 18, 2020 16:57

GasLightStreet
bv
I am not going to post much here about the tour, because it is clearly related to the coronavirus. I will say what I know and see in the coronavirus thread. I will just say the following here.

Most experts in virology and epidomilogy say the virus will be around for 1-2 years. May be slightly slower when it is warm, summertime, but you would not play russian roulette with one bullet in the revolver summertime, even if it was two or three bullets out of six wintertime?

USA death numbers just went from 85 into 114 in 24 hours yesterday, and the death cases are now in eighteen - 18 - states. That is a 34% increase in 24 hours, all over USA.

UK residents age 70+ i.e. Mick, Keith, Ronnie are all told to stay at their homes for three - 3 - months. I.e. until July at the earliest. They are in the target group of old people with reduced immunity, and they might die if they got the virus.

I don't understand why people do still talk about a tour this summer.

The talk about warm weather slowing it down is a myth. Where COVID-19 originated it's sub-tropical, it sits roughly at the same latitude as New Orleans, which means that it does get cool and even cold but it is generally a warm environment. Seeing that it had its first mutation from non-human-animal to human-animal in December in @#$%&, China, that does not specifically mean it isn't tropical in origin. Part of climate change/global warming includes new diseases, old diseases having new life and with more vapor in the atmosphere helping create more wind, with people on the planet...

Obviously time and research will tell more.

GLS, your comment is off with regards to China temps. November/December(supposedly it's inception) average temps do not come close to the 77F and higher mentioned. Same for March. Agree that we are still learning this thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-18 17:32 by Maindefender.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 18, 2020 17:40

Wow a whole year away - wondering if a refund is an option for those who had tickets? I would hope so.
Imagine the Stones doing the same without the option of a refund....not very cool.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: March 18, 2020 17:50

Hairball

Wow a whole year away - wondering if a refund is an option for those who had tickets? I would hope so.
Imagine the Stones doing the same without the option of a refund....not very cool.

That's what I thought might happen.. Hoping TM feels the pressure a bit from people and gives refunds. I fell amongst those with no income now and every bit helps

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: March 18, 2020 17:55

Honestly, if this tour gets rescheduled to 2021, I'll just take my money and walk and I NEVER thought I would say that. After last year's Stones Tour and everything being postponed/cancelled this year(for good reasons. I get that), I'm retired from big shows. I'll just see bands in my area. You have to jump through too many hoops with Ticketmaster theses days for big shows. Would love to see AC/DC next Summer but at this point, I think I'm just going to pass.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 18, 2020 18:32

The Glastonbury Festival is officially cancelled. More cancellations will be forthcoming. [www.nytimes.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-18 18:32 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 18, 2020 18:54

I have a way AROUND FRIGGIN TICKETMASTER holding on to our $$. I just called my DISCOVER CARD credit department and explained the entire situation based on my conversation with a Ticketmaster agent YESTERDAY! Discover has frozen the amount I spent on my ticket, placing it " in dispute" meaning I do not have to pay on this, no interest will be charged and THEY are calling the Ticketmaster scumbags for me to rectify the situation & get my credit! So, MISTER DDDD, this is how to deal with Ticketmaster because they are not willing to issue credits on a tour that is just " POSTPONED". I will never buy from TM again! EVER! And I agree with TumblingDice76, I am through with stadium tours of this kind! Way too many hassles all the way around.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 18, 2020 19:06

Snoopy2, call your credit card company, explain the situation and if they're like DISCOVER CARD, they'll put the amount of your tickets " in dispute" & THEY will call Ticketmaster for you to resolve it. I just did this! I'm through messing with the scumbags at TM! There's no reason we should have to be responsible to pay for some EVENT that DOES NOT EXIST! It's like making car payments on an imaginary vehicle! DAMN! I hate Ticketmaster!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 18, 2020 19:13

mickschix
I have a way AROUND FRIGGIN TICKETMASTER holding on to our $$. I just called my DISCOVER CARD credit department and explained the entire situation based on my conversation with a Ticketmaster agent YESTERDAY! Discover has frozen the amount I spent on my ticket, placing it " in dispute" meaning I do not have to pay on this, no interest will be charged and THEY are calling the Ticketmaster scumbags for me to rectify the situation & get my credit! So, MISTER DDDD, this is how to deal with Ticketmaster because they are not willing to issue credits on a tour that is just " POSTPONED". I will never buy from TM again! EVER! And I agree with TumblingDice76, I am through with stadium tours of this kind! Way too many hassles all the way around.

Good Luck,

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-19 04:40 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: March 18, 2020 20:33

Ok folks lets all calm down.
Its just been one day since the annoucement of the "postponement".
Lets give the Stones, AEG and TM organizations a little time to let the dust settle and figure it out.
There are a lot of tours in limbo now, not just the Stones and the news keeps changing daily.
Im sure we will be offered the option of a refund at some point, hopefully sooner then later.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: March 18, 2020 20:58

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 18, 2020 22:00

Stay well Mick, Keith, Charlie, Ronnie.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 18, 2020 23:00

spikenyc
Ok folks lets all calm down.
Its just been one day since the annoucement of the "postponement".
Lets give the Stones, AEG and TM organizations a little time to let the dust settle and figure it out.
There are a lot of tours in limbo now, not just the Stones and the news keeps changing daily.
Im sure we will be offered the option of a refund at some point, hopefully sooner then later.

Agree

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: March 18, 2020 23:23

MisterDDDD
Perhaps you may want to start reading the pesky fine print on these things before you commit.

In fairness, if you bought Stones tickets for the tour this summer (or any other artist) up until about a week ago from Ticketmaster the Ticketmaster policy was a full refund if the show was postponed.

Not good form on their part, and frankly the Stones (or any other artist for that matter) should not let them do this.

There will be lawsuits on this point, and most likely government investigations.

Date: March 18, 2020 23:45

coloradocanyons
MisterDDDD
Perhaps you may want to start reading the pesky fine print on these things before you commit.

In fairness, if you bought Stones tickets for the tour this summer (or any other artist) up until about a week ago from Ticketmaster the Ticketmaster policy was a full refund if the show was postponed.

Not good form on their part, and frankly the Stones (or any other artist for that matter) should not let them do this.

There will be lawsuits on this point, and most likely government investigations.

Nope.
This is from TM 2019 (cached) I believe the rumor that it has changed since last year is due to some other tours rescheduling and not triggering a refund option.

"If an event is canceled, and you purchased your ticket through Ticketmaster.com, our phone center, or Fan-to-Fan, we will automatically issue you a refund to the credit card, debit card, gift card or the method of payment used to make your purchase.

If the event was moved, postponed, or rescheduled, the Event Provider may set refund limitations. Postponed MLB games are not eligible for refunds. If you are unable to make the new event date and refunds have been approved by the Event Provider, you will see a “Refund” button within your order in your Ticketmaster account. If you require additional assistance, please contact us."

The real point here is, that it's up to the "Event Provider" same as last year, when the event is postponed. No reason to believe the promoter or the band is not
going to have the exact same policy as last years postponed dates. Calling TM and yelling at them until the promoter gets the new dates, is futile.
Opening a dispute with your credit card provider is also unwise, as TM will fight the dispute and likely win, while everyone else gets their timely refunds.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-18 23:50 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 19, 2020 01:06

See you as soon as we can! Keith

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 19, 2020 01:57

Cool shot ….^^^^^

whats the guitar anybody know ??? …. Maton ????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: March 19, 2020 01:59

Rockman
Cool shot ….^^^^^

That is a beautiful looking guitar!

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: March 19, 2020 02:07

Whilst there have been shows by other artists that have, for the time being, been rescheduled to later this year, I can't see the Stones tour happening in 2020.

Elton John postponed a few shows and said that they will happen in 2021. The shows he has planned for later on in May and June and beyond will likely get moved to 2021 too.

It doesn't look great on an artist if they have to postpone / reschedule the same shows twice. It's better to be cautious, as the Who have done by rescheduling their tour for next March, i.e., a whole year from now.

Other shows, such as Billy Joel's MSG residency, well that's a lot easier to deal with, as they are individual shows and so they can be moved around a lot easier.

Plus, a lot of the above mentioned shows are arena gigs so weather is not a consideration when changing dates.

As much as it totally sucks, I would be incredibly surprised to see the Stones reschedule the tour to later this year. I would imagine it would be rescheduled to a very similar time frame but in 2021, i.e., May - July.

Fingers crossed, and, please, everyone stay safe and healthy and do what you have to do to make that happen.

Mr. J

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 19, 2020 02:09

I have a lot of experience with refunds and it was between March 12 & 13 that the policy changed. Now the events I am looking at in my account are LiveNation produced events, Ticketmaster's parent company.

Also in AXS, the same act in different venues, produced by AEG, two postponements 2 days apart earlier this week, was offered the refund one day and not the next. So everyone seems to be falling in between this new policy.

Smaller indie promoters I have seen it go both ways.

So this is indeed a major shift in the way event postponements are handled.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 19, 2020 03:10

Rockman
Cool shot ….^^^^^

An expert made this "reasonable" guess:

Keith is playing a beautiful Gibson Super 400 with "Staple" P-90 pickups. It's probably from around 1955-1957

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 19, 2020 04:05

schillid

Well said and add "all iorrians and their loved ones." These are stressful times. We shouldn't take it out on one another.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 19, 2020 04:10

Dan
I have a lot of experience with refunds and it was between March 12 & 13 that the policy changed. Now the events I am looking at in my account are LiveNation produced events, Ticketmaster's parent company.

Also in AXS, the same act in different venues, produced by AEG, two postponements 2 days apart earlier this week, was offered the refund one day and not the next. So everyone seems to be falling in between this new policy.

Wondering if the artists have any say in the matter?

I think the most frustrating part will be if an event is postponed yet there is no rescheduled date - basically everything is stuck in limbo until they can decide and settle on rescheduled dates.
And then even worse, if it's a rescheduled date that you can't make there's the possibility of no refund and you're still stuck with the tickets.

Again, asking anyone who has The Who tix for the rescheduled UK shows in March 2021 (wtf) a year from now - is there an option for a refund? Would hate to have the Stones and/or Ticketmaster do something similar.
Not because I'm in desperate need for my money as others are, and not because I definitely wouldn't go, but I think it sucks they'd be holding my money for so long and for something I never bargained for. Pretty sure my postponed ZZ Top tickets will keep me trapped as I've heard they've done similar postponements in the past. So far no rescheduled dates for those Vegas shows, but not holding my breath that I'll be able to get an immediate refund when they are rescheduled.

Meanwhile, waiting for more postponement, cancellation, and/or rescheduled date announcements for several other upcoming shows....

Staying patient amidst the chaos, and realize there's much more important things happening, so stay safe and sound everyone.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: March 19, 2020 04:54

Rocky Dijon
schillid

Well said and add "all iorrians and their loved ones." These are stressful times. We shouldn't take it out on one another.

Rockee our voice of reason and I mean that most sincerely

Date: March 19, 2020 05:24

Dan

Don't disagree that there are a lot of changes going on in the industry.
Assuming you're talking of TM policy changes in Mar., but I can't find record of any.
Seems perhaps more and more promoters/bands are choosing the option that's been in place for some time. This is a screenshot of TM's policy as of June 18, 2019-

"Jun 18, 2019
What happens if my event is postponed or rescheduled?
When events are postponed or rescheduled: You will be contacted via phone or email with the new event information as soon as we are updated.

Unless notified otherwise, your tickets will be valid for the new event date
If you are unable to make the new event date and refunds have been approved by the artist, team, venue, or promoter, you will see a "Refund" button within your order in your Ticketmaster Account"

_
This is the same page as it appears today-

"When events are postponed or rescheduled, you will be contacted via phone or email with the new event information as soon as we are updated.

Unless notified otherwise, your tickets will be valid for the new event date.

If your event is postponed, note that we are working with the event organizer to identify new dates, and we will contact you as soon as we have confirmation.

If your event has been rescheduled and the event's organizer is offering refunds, this option will be visible under the event in your Ticketmaster account.

If you see a “Request a Refund” link under Self Service, you are good to go:"

Changed "artist, team, venue, or promoter" to "event's organizer", in the last year, which seems to perhaps put the onus more on the promoter, but also seems more like semantics.

Date: March 19, 2020 06:02

MisterDDDD
Dan

Don't disagree that there are a lot of changes going on in the industry.
Assuming you're talking of TM policy changes in Mar., but I can't find record of any.
Seems perhaps more and more promoters/bands are choosing the option that's been in place for some time. This is a screenshot of TM's policy as of June 18, 2019-

"Jun 18, 2019
When events are postponed or rescheduled: You will be contacted via phone or email with the new event information as soon as we are updated.

Unless notified otherwise, your tickets will be valid for the new event date
If you are unable to make the new event date and refunds have been approved by the artist, team, venue, or promoter, you will see a "Refund" button within your order in your Ticketmaster Account"

_
This is the same page as it appears today-

"When events are postponed or rescheduled, you will be contacted via phone or email with the new event information as soon as we are updated.

Unless notified otherwise, your tickets will be valid for the new event date.

If your event is postponed, note that we are working with the event organizer to identify new dates, and we will contact you as soon as we have confirmation.

If your event has been rescheduled and the event's organizer is offering refunds, this option will be visible under the event in your Ticketmaster account.

If you see a “Request a Refund” link under Self Service, you are good to go:"

Changed "artist, team, venue, or promoter" to "event's organizer", in the last year, which seems to perhaps put the onus more on the promoter, but also seems more like semantics.

The big change is that LiveNation - the parent company of Ticketmaster and the world's largest promoter with over 60% market share and often described as a monopoly is the promoter in question now declining to offer refunds.

It's between March 12 & 13 they decided to stop offering refunds and their TM reps telling customers who cannot make the new event to try to sell their tickets. These are people who bought the tickets around vacations, or time off or just cannot make the new date because their world has been upended.

AEG/AXS followed this route a few days later. Some smaller promoters or in house produced events often selling thru their own sites or smaller operators such as Eventbrite or Etix have gone both ways.

Keep in mind I don't just go to a handful of classic or contemporary rock events a year but go to events almost nightly and handle a lot of tickets.

Date: March 19, 2020 06:08

Hairball
Dan

Wondering if the artists have any say in the matter?

Keep in mind artists often have exclusive contracts with Live Nation who guarantees an up front amount in exchange for producing the whole tour, often in their own venues and often all inclusive including merchandising rights as well as handling productions and logistics.

If this is seasonal or semi permanent it could be on the outside realm of possibility that several artists just walk away and sign away whatever rights so you see bands with even fewer or no original members fulfilling the contract.

And then there's the deep fine print in at least some events that the headliner can change at any time. 5 years ago I got refund on the KROQ show where U2 dropped out due to Bono's injury.

Posted by: z ()
Date: March 19, 2020 06:51

Rockman
Cool shot ….^^^^^

Gibson super 400 (mid-50's)?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-19 06:58 by z.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 19, 2020 07:16

Gibson ...… Fanks z ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 19, 2020 07:36

bye bye johnny

See you as soon as we can! Keith

[twitter.com]

Keith looks like he is riding out the CV wave in the Caribbean

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: March 19, 2020 09:43

I understand that in the moment I'm (from Europe under quarantine) not able to get my tickets refunded, because the Stones didn't cancel but postpone?

There is no way for me to travel to the tour for the rest of 2020 or even 2021 due to business.

What a ripoff. What the $%*#????

Any recommendations from some of you experienced US citizens?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3738394041424344454647...LastNext
Current Page: 42 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2082
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home