Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546...LastNext
Current Page: 41 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: ChrisG ()
Date: March 18, 2020 00:07

Stones tour cancelled.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 18, 2020 00:12

ChrisG
Stones tour cancelled.

It has been postponed until further notice not cancelled.

Nate

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: March 18, 2020 00:18

ChrisG
Stones tour cancelled.

can only imagine the thrill that must come with belting that one at us

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 18, 2020 00:28

ChrisG

Stones tour cancelled.

Postponed: [Twitter.com] · [www.Facebook.com] · [www.Instagram.com] · [RollingStones.com] .

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 18, 2020 00:56

I have LD - so I am glad the tour did not get cancelled. So I am awaiting new dates!

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: March 18, 2020 01:18

They have officially changed their name to 'The Postponing Stones'.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: March 18, 2020 01:26

There's only 15 shows and several indoor stadiums, which could be scheduled last. They can easily start the tour in October and end up playing the last few shows in late November. Sure, NFL would be started but it's not as though the local stadiums are booked every single week. Not sure if stadiums in St. Louis and San Diego are used much since no NFL. Is college ball played in those venues?[/quote]

San Diego State Aztecs play football at SDCCU Stadium, so of course there are away games they should be able to schedule around.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: March 18, 2020 04:37

Mick and his son Lucas were both seen at JFK last night, heading to Mustique.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 18, 2020 05:02

OK Understand, nothing is carved in stone (like Forest Hills), their intention is to start with Pittsburgh on June 23 and keep the original last 4 dates. (I was off by 1 date last year).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-18 05:03 by DREAMTIME.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 18, 2020 05:06

DREAMTIME
OK Understand, nothing is carved in stone (like Forest Hills), their intention is to start with Pittsburgh on June 23 and keep the original last 4 dates. (I was off by 1 date last year).

Godspeed Rolling Stones!!

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: March 18, 2020 05:08

I would love if they could start in late June!

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 18, 2020 05:35

TumblinDice76
I would love if they could start in late June!

There is little chance of that happening. August or September is more likely at this point

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-18 06:54 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 18, 2020 05:59

If they reschedule to the fall, maybe at the end of the tour they could do a free show in San Francisco (or thereabouts). It would only be one year late.

jb

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 18, 2020 06:18

SPIKENYC, I agree 200%! It is the right thing to do! Cancel and IF the tour goes on next year, fans will, of course buy tickets again! Holding our $$ is totally unfair with so much uncertainty!

Date: March 18, 2020 07:02

Just like last year, Fall doesn't work for the NFL schedule. Its start in June or wait until next year.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 18, 2020 08:59

TumblinDice76
Just like last year, Fall doesn't work for the NFL schedule. Its start in June or wait until next year.

Wrong. They have done a fall stadium tour several times in the past. It's not a big deal since they can be flexible with the dates and itinerary. Several of the stadiums are not even used during the NFL season. We'll have to wait and see.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-18 09:45 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 18, 2020 09:25

Some experts (like the Robert-Koch-Institut)
speak of the virus being possibly around for 2 years...
so what´s the point in re-scheduling?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 18, 2020 09:25

I am not going to post much here about the tour, because it is clearly related to the coronavirus. I will say what I know and see in the coronavirus thread. I will just say the following here.

Most experts in virology and epidomilogy say the virus will be around for 1-2 years. May be slightly slower when it is warm, summertime, but you would not play russian roulette with one bullet in the revolver summertime, even if it was two or three bullets out of six wintertime?

USA death numbers just went from 85 into 114 in 24 hours yesterday, and the death cases are now in eighteen - 18 - states. That is a 34% increase in 24 hours, all over USA.

UK residents age 70+ i.e. Mick, Keith, Ronnie are all told to stay at their homes for three - 3 - months. I.e. until July at the earliest. They are in the target group of old people with reduced immunity, and they might die if they got the virus.

I don't understand why people do still talk about a tour this summer.

Bjornulf

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 18, 2020 11:32

TooTough

I agree. The earliest best-case scenario would be a summer 2021 tour. Best case!

Posted by: ThePaleRider ()
Date: March 18, 2020 12:12

TooTough

There will be a vaccine by then if not a lot sooner.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 18, 2020 12:13

georgelicks

Mick not following Government advice, then.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: March 18, 2020 12:18

Hardly surprising they've postponed their tour.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: March 18, 2020 12:28

jlowe
georgelicks

Should be in self-isolation, not putting himself at risk. Presumably Mustique can deny him entry.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: March 18, 2020 13:05

Father Ted
jlowe
georgelicks

Should be in self-isolation, not putting himself at risk. Presumably Mustique can deny him entry.

Current UK Government advice to people considering visiting the islands is 'to only travel if it is on essential business'.
In Mick's case tax reasons might be regarded as essential, working on the next album presumably not.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 18, 2020 13:16

jlowe
Father Ted
jlowe
georgelicks

Current UK Government advice to people considering visiting the islands is 'to only travel if it is on essential business'.
In Mick's case tax reasons might be regarded as essential, working on the next album presumably not.

Not familiar with the guidelines government advice there etc., but also not going to assume Mick's going against any of them. The UK's advice is for residents as far as I know, and presumably Mick qualifies as a resident in several countries. Having a residence that you at times reside in qualifies. Stopping non-essential work and going to one of your residences is what's advised.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: March 18, 2020 13:29

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: March 18, 2020 13:40

If The Who can still keep going in 2021 then no reason our Stones shows can't happen either. Be positive!

Date: March 18, 2020 14:15

I can't imagine a 79 year old Charlie Watts playing outside stadiums in the Fall. Things have changed with the NFL since the 2000s. They are less likely to have concerts in stadiums during the season. So were probably looking at 2021.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: March 18, 2020 14:17

The 70+ lock down hadn't come into force yesterday and may explain why Mick flew out to NYC and on to Mustique (allegedly) . The rich aren't trapped in their homes.

Stones dates this year would be irresponsible IMHO .

The Who have just announced March 2021 rescheduled shows

sc uk

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 18, 2020 14:55

bv
I am not going to post much here about the tour, because it is clearly related to the coronavirus. I will say what I know and see in the coronavirus thread. I will just say the following here.

Most experts in virology and epidomilogy say the virus will be around for 1-2 years. May be slightly slower when it is warm, summertime, but you would not play russian roulette with one bullet in the revolver summertime, even if it was two or three bullets out of six wintertime?

USA death numbers just went from 85 into 114 in 24 hours yesterday, and the death cases are now in eighteen - 18 - states. That is a 34% increase in 24 hours, all over USA.

UK residents age 70+ i.e. Mick, Keith, Ronnie are all told to stay at their homes for three - 3 - months. I.e. until July at the earliest. They are in the target group of old people with reduced immunity, and they might die if they got the virus.

I don't understand why people do still talk about a tour this summer.

The talk about warm weather slowing it down is a myth. Where COVID-19 originated it's sub-tropical, it sits roughly at the same latitude as New Orleans, which means that it does get cool and even cold but it is generally a warm environment. Seeing that it had its first mutation from non-human-animal to human-animal in December in Wuhan, China, that does not specifically mean it isn't tropical in origin. Part of climate change/global warming includes new diseases, old diseases having new life and with more vapor in the atmosphere helping create more wind, with people on the planet...

Obviously time and research will tell more.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546...LastNext
Current Page: 41 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2145
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home