Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 17, 2020 21:15

Dan
The Ozzy tour was postponed from 2018 to 2019 to 2020 before being cancelled. They can keep your money for a long time.

It depends on the promoter of course, but last years refunds were offered when they announced the rescheduled dates, which make sense.
"If your event’s organizer is offering refunds for a rescheduled event, this option will be visible under the event in your Ticketmaster account."
[blog.ticketmaster.com]

I'm sure they are sorting it out now, no reason to think this years postponement will be any different than last years.

"Hey, hey people, sisters, brothers and sisters, brothers and sisters, come-on now!... That means everybody just cool out!" - Mick cool smiley

Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: March 17, 2020 21:21

I agree. As BV noted yesterday, this tour is not going to happen this year. Tickets should be refunded, that is only fair. I could use the money in betterr ways than a loan to Ticketmaster. Also - it punishes fan who bought tickets early.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 17, 2020 21:22

MisterDDDD
Dan
The Ozzy tour was postponed from 2018 to 2019 to 2020 before being cancelled. They can keep your money for a long time.

It depends on the promoter of course, but last years refunds were offered when they announced the rescheduled dates, which make sense.
"If your event’s organizer is offering refunds for a rescheduled event, this option will be visible under the event in your Ticketmaster account."
[blog.ticketmaster.com]

I'm sure they are sorting it out now, no reason to think this years postponement will be any different than last years.

"Hey, hey people, sisters, brothers and sisters, brothers and sisters, come-on now!... That means everybody just cool out!" - Mick cool smiley

TM changed their policy last week though.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: March 17, 2020 21:25

Not a snowball's chance in hell this is going to be rescheduled.

Satisfied since 1976

Date: March 17, 2020 21:34

Went shopping earlier for toilet paper, paper towels, eggs and milk. Found nothing in three different stores. Worst of all is coming back home to hear about the official postponement news.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: March 17, 2020 21:37

ok there you have it

[twitter.com]

Posted by: RG ()
Date: March 17, 2020 21:37

Nice words from Mick! They will come back. Miami wasn’t the last show!!

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Ram ()
Date: March 17, 2020 21:44

"Postponement not right to us fans"? Would you rather they straight up cancel?? How about have some faith that the shows may be rescheduled instead of a straight up "NO". Cant bitch about the money you already parted with if they play at a later date. Of course you'll be refunded if its officially off. I'm for one thrilled that its only postponed. Not much else to be happy about in the news.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 17, 2020 21:55

I, too, take this as good news. A new hope.

For now, stay safe everybody! Happy St. Paddy's!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-17 21:57 by Topi.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 17, 2020 22:06

I will cancel my flight and have a policy that allows me to get my money back. only I have a feeling airlines wont be paying - given the current situation. Maybe some of them go bankrupt.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 17, 2020 22:06

daspyknows
MisterDDDD
[blog.ticketmaster.com]

That TM blog entry is dated March 12. Has it been changed since then? Link to that revision?

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 17, 2020 22:17

Just got the following email from TM Canada. nothing from TM USA yet:

Ticketmaster®
Hi live event fan,

One or more of your events have changed.

To find out the status of your event(s), as well as more information regarding the cancellation and rescheduling of live events, go to ticketmaster.ca and follow these simple steps:

At the top of the home page, you'll find two links: Find the Status of Your Event and Information Regarding the Cancellation and Rescheduling of Live Events.

Under the "Find the Status of Your Event" link, you will find all events that have been cancelled, postponed, or rescheduled.
To change the city you are searching, click the city link next to 'All Event Status Updates Near.'
To filter by Cancelled, Postponed, or Rescheduled events, click the drop-down menu on the left.
To filter by Category, click the drop-down menu in the middle.
For Postponed and Rescheduled Events: If you're selling tickets to these events, the listing with the old date will come down — then just list the new tickets with the new date (once confirmed) from My Account on your computer or mobile device.

We are working with the event organizer to identify new dates (for events that are postponed), and we will contact you as soon as we have confirmation. For rescheduled events, that information will be listed on our website by your event. If your event's organizer is offering refunds for a postponed or rescheduled event, this option (a refund link) will be visible under the order in your Ticketmaster account.

For any canceled events: Due to the unprecedented volume of cancelations, please note that you should expect to receive your refund in as soon as 30 days. If the tickets were transferred to you, the refund will go to the fan who originally bought the tickets from Ticketmaster.

We appreciate your patience during this time.

Thanks for being a fan.

Ticketmaster Fan Support

Ticketmaster | About | Terms of Use
Privacy | International
7001 St-Laurent Boulevard, Montreal, QC H2S 3E3
© 2020 Ticketmaster. All rights reserved.

plexi

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 17, 2020 22:35

BOB C you are exactly right! We must demand refunds! Ticketmaster is NOT holding our money for 10 months or MORE while we hope for a new date for our concert! I just got off the phone with a TM agent who was pretty firm about NO REFUNDS on postponed events BUT someone else said NO WAY this can be rescheduled ...I will hold on to that thought! Rescheduling means right in the middle of football season or into WINTER ....at outdoor stadiums?? NOT HAPPENING! So now we're into next Spring....no way in HELL! The Stones need to CANCEL IT and then decide to reschedule when the all clear sign for the virus goes up in the States.
P,S. I went to MY ACCOUNT on Ticketmaster and it did state that under some circumstances, IF the Event Planner allows, refunds are issued for postponed and rescheduled events so I guess we'll just have to hold on & wait it out for more details.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-17 23:40 by mickschix.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: March 17, 2020 22:36

I know it's a small consolation, but the May issue of Goldmine Magazine will feature a story on the band, with a lot of insights from the promoter. It will hit newsstands around April 9 or 10. If you want to ensure you get one, you can subscribe, as they don't print a huge amount of them.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: March 17, 2020 22:36

FYI, the info in plexi's post is the same as TM's 3/12 blog posting:
[blog.ticketmaster.com]

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 17, 2020 22:40

I'm glad they have announced the postponement of the tour instead of an outright cancellation. I'd like to think my post yesterday expressing disappointment for their ongoing silence had something to do with this timely announcement.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-17 23:45 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 17, 2020 22:41

bye bye johnny
daspyknows
MisterDDDD
[blog.ticketmaster.com]

That TM blog entry is dated March 12. Has it been changed since then? Link to that revision?

prior to March there would be an immediate refund option.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 17, 2020 22:56

mickschix
BOB C you are exactly right! We must demand refunds! Ticketmaster is NOT holding our money for 10 months or MORE while we hope for a new date for our concert! I just got off the phone with a TM agent who was pretty firm about NO REFUNDS on postponed events BUT someone else said NO WAY this can be rescheduled ...I will hold on to that thought! Rescheduling means right in the middle of football season or into WINTER ....at outdoor stadiums?? NOT HAPPENING! So now we're into next Spring....no way in HELL! I'm pretty pissed right now! The Stones need to CANCEL IT and then decide to reschedule when the all clear sign for the virus goes up in the States

There's only 15 shows and several indoor stadiums, which could be scheduled last. They can easily start the tour in October and end up playing the last few shows in late November. Sure, NFL would be started but it's not as though the local stadiums are booked every single week. Not sure if stadiums in St. Louis and San Diego are used much since no NFL. Is college ball played in those venues?

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: March 17, 2020 23:01

Also happy for a postponement instead of a cancellation. Since I have Lucky Dip for Atlanta, I don't really mind Ticketmaster keeping my money for now. But, I would understand those who spent a lot more wanting a refund option now.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 17, 2020 23:25

Mick's message:

Twitter

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: March 17, 2020 23:26

I am thrilled that is it "postponed". I suppose that could still mean 2021 but I hope not. With "only" 15 shows, it is possible that they could get this in--it truly depends how soon the US peaks with the virus. They could keep those late June dates and re-schedule around that. Who knows. I am just grateful for the positive right now.

Posted by: iraq0708 ()
Date: March 17, 2020 23:28

We were going to be in Europe for three weeks starting May 5th and were going to miss the opener in SD. Now I am waiting for the phone call from my travel agent announcing you-know-what. We are/were going to visit Rome, Berlin, Paris, and London. I guess we won't miss the gig now but I sure was looking forward to that trip. Would have been beautiful in the Spring. Friend of mine got 8 tix for St Louis and now he is a bit...concerned...regarding fees and such.

Date: March 17, 2020 23:43

Ram, lots of fans will be less than THRILLED if we're STUCK trying to sell our tickets because DAMN TM would not refund our $$$...I can't just assume my boss will let me reschedule vacation time...it should not be our problem to resell the tickets! This postponement sucks!

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: March 17, 2020 23:44

Oh well, nothing but warhorses anyways

Date: March 17, 2020 23:47

The " president" just announced that the virus should still be around in the good ole USA through August....then what!? How on Earth can the band reschedule NOT KNOWING exactly when it will be all clear!? We aren't even supposed to peak until May! I can't imagine someone as practical as Mick wanting to reschedule a SECOND TIME!

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: March 17, 2020 23:49

Who here wants to go to Buffalo in November for a outside concert?even October too cold.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: March 17, 2020 23:50

Might be nice in buffalo.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 17, 2020 23:51

ohmercy61
Who here wants to go to Buffalo in November for a outside concert?even October too cold.

If the Stones play there + then, I'ld dress up smart and enjoy the show, hehehe ...

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: March 17, 2020 23:56

ohmercy61

Perhaps the same people that watch the Bills play at home in November and December? smiling smiley

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 17, 2020 23:58

There is a contingency plan already in place to reschedule the tour dates in the same cities. My guess is it includes all the original cities in an August/September to October/November time frame. By then hopefully this situation will be under control and people will be safe to attend mass gatherings again. The Stones have started stadium tours in the past in the fall without any issues and they are playing only 15 shows spread out over 10-12 weeks so it is not too complicated. They will hold off from announcing any new dates until it is certain they can actually do them. If it is not possible to do the dates this year they will be rescheduled until spring/summer 2021. In any case they will be back.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-18 00:05 by TornAndFried.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1709
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home