Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 157
Re: The last ever Rolling Stones show might have been Miami Fri Aug 30, 2019
Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 17, 2020 16:25

buttons67
no one knows for sure when this will go and we get back to normal, if we ever do, i think the knock on effect of the virus will kill more people than the virus itself, things like effects on unemployment, homelessness, crime, society imploding, it could be like something from a science fiction film, this is very real though and i really dont think we will get any normality for a long time, sadly this could be the end of the rolling stones to, hope not, its like the earth is really standing still.
I'm usually a pessimist when it comes to humankind's ability to shoot itself in the foot, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here. We're not going to descend into I Am Legend.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: March 17, 2020 16:27

To throw an accusation of laziness at the stones is astoundingly ignorant.
The stones are artists they are creative people and just because they haven’t produced an album of new songs for release doesn’t mean they are not working on other possibly even private creative projects that you will never hear about.
They could have written only one great song such as Gimme Shelter and never produced anything else and that would have been enough of a contribution to culture.

My father was an artist,designer,photographer and art director.
Poor health forced my father to stop his work as an art director in the advertising world but for many years after and up until he passed away 2 years ago he worked constantly every day at home and often deep into the night in his studio on creative projects not for any financial gain but simply because if you are such a person then you can not stop you do not retire if you are a true artist and the stones are exactly that.

Nate

Posted by: MichaelLassen ()
Date: March 17, 2020 16:57

I don't think so, It's not in the band's DNA to let outside circumstances get the better of them.

I have a strong feeling I'll be seing them on stage again. With everything that's possible these days on both sides of "alternative stuff" and "what doctors can do", there's no reason for them not to be able to continue for at least a couple of years. And it would be strange with the amount of money that's on take here, that someone wouldn't have introduced them to what's possible.

Two of my primary mentors are 76 years old, and they have never been better than they are currently (and one of them is a martial artist).

I believe they'll be back.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: March 17, 2020 17:45

chriseganstar
I've said this so many times before and I've stopped posting because of the idiotic responses to my posts, but here, for the last time is the plan. Believe me or not, I couldn't give a .... Joyce is on the Steering Committee for the Royal Albert Hall celebration next year and the Stones are slated to play. Period. Bye bye.

Is it safe to assume that the RAH celebration (i.e. 150 years’ anniversary) will host another residency of Eric Clapton? I’d be grateful to hear from you one more time, chriseganstar.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 17, 2020 17:56

Well this thread does actually belong to the 2020 tour thread, so I will merge it there soon, in case you miss it.

Bjornulf

Posted by: resotele ()
Date: March 17, 2020 18:04

I think there will be no more tours. Period.

But I hope the Stones will play a few last shows, now and then, why not the Albert Hall, or the Paradiso, Olympia, the Beacon; or Montreux, intimate shows, or MSG. I would LOVE to be at one of those last shows. But it will probably not be possible for me... but if some of you out there, BV and others, will be there, will report, maybe will post some videos of it, maybe full shows, maybe professional recordings, maybe official releases ...all this will be good for me.... let's be humble, let's love what ever the Rollings Stones can still offer to us

Let's enjoy life and the Rolling Stones

Resotele

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: March 17, 2020 18:20

was thinking this too today... happy i was there...

but still got tix for 3 shows... here's still hope for more shows smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: March 17, 2020 19:03

THE TOUR HAS BEEN POSTPONED. OFFICIAL.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 17, 2020 19:04

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 17, 2020 19:04

Tour officially POSTPONED

Oops - crossed posts...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-17 19:05 by Beast.

Date: March 17, 2020 19:12

Glad for a postponement rather than a cancelation.

Interesting also that they direct you to their site (not updated as I type) for "a full list of dates, cities and venues postponed".
Leads one to believe the later dates may stay on the books for now.

*edit
Updated their site, and all shows postponed looks to me cool smiley

SHOWS POSTPONED ARE: SAN DIEGO, SDCCU STADIUM [MAY 8] | VANCOUVER, BC PLACE [MAY 12] | MINNEAPOLIS, U.S. BANK STADIUM [MAY 16] | NASHVILLE, NISSAN STADIUM [MAY 20] | AUSTIN, CIRCUIT OF THE AMERICAS [MAY 24] | DALLAS, COTTON BOWL STADIUM [MAY 29] | BUFFALO, NEW ERA FIELD [JUNE 6] | DETROIT, FORD FIELD [JUNE 10] | LOUISVILLE, CARDINAL STADIUM [JUNE 14] | CLEVELAND, FIRSTENERGY STADIUM [JUNE 19] | PITTSBURGH, HEINZ FIELD [JUNE 23] | ST. LOUIS, THE DOME AT AMERICA’S CENTER [JUNE 27] | CHARLOTTE, BANK OF AMERICA STADIUM [JULY 1] | TAMPA, RAYMOND JAMES STADIUM [JULY 5] | ATLANTA, MERCEDES-BENZ STADIUM [JULY 9]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-17 19:24 by MisterDDDD.

Date: March 17, 2020 19:26

What a disappointment. I had the company I work for paying for the airfare and hotels which is huge. Not sure if I can pull it off on later in the year. I had planned training sessions around the dates for our satellite offices.
Well maybe they will work on polishing up new songs for us since they already had the time committed. That would be my best hope at this point.

Date: March 17, 2020 19:36

georgemcdonnell314
What a disappointment. I had the company I work for paying for the airfare and hotels which is huge. Not sure if I can pull it off on later in the year. I had planned training sessions around the dates for our satellite offices.
Well maybe they will work on polishing up new songs for us since they already had the time committed. That would be my best hope at this point.

Sometimes it's good to think of others as well?

Date: March 17, 2020 19:39

I agree 100%
georgemcdonnell314

Sometimes it's good to think of others as well?[/quote]

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 17, 2020 19:40

Nate
Poor health forced my father to stop his work as an art director in the advertising world but for many years after and up until he passed away 2 years ago he worked constantly every day at home and often deep into the night in his studio on creative projects not for any financial gain but simply because if you are such a person then you can not stop you do not retire if you are a true artist and the stones are exactly that.

Thanks for sharing that, Nate.

The legendary Billy Wilder directed his last film in 1981 when he was 75 years old. He lived another 20 years, made two deals for comeback films that came to naught during that time, but every day he went to his office on the backlot and wrote. Primarily he wrote draft after draft of the same unproduced screenplay, but gave him purpose. It is what he was, a writer.

Blake Edwards was 71 when his last film as a director was released. He transitioned to Broadway, then off-Broadway, and then regional theater. He made a handful of deals for film and television projects that went nowhere, the same as his potential returns to Broadway. Edwards worked every day juggling six or seven different projects. He prepared them as screenplays and as stage plays. He tailored them for different stars he was attempting to entice. Deep down, he knew he was retired, but writing gave his life purpose.

The Stones still have a contract. I suspect we will see a new album (likely albums) at some point though not necessarily under the circumstances we would wish. However, the comparison is still apt.

It's more important that Mick (at least) stays creative and vital than it is for him to release that material to the public. I turn back to Dave Stewart's remark after playing a reporter an unreleased Jagger song stating Mick has a huge catalog of unreleased material, all finished, all ready for release. Dave said he tried to entice Mick into releasing it all on a cloud and promote it as "Get Off on My Cloud," but Mick nixed the idea. It will all turn up eventually.

Hopefully there are more finished Stones outtakes as well so that all that brilliant playing on unfinished tracks can eventually see the light of day. Steve Jordan had wanted Keith to finish up the instrumentals on TALK IS CHEAP SESSIONS, but Keith decided to leave them as they were. A pity. I would love to have a vocal on "Brute Force" for instance.

Creative artists take different views of their legacy and how best to handle their twilight years. It's probably accurate to say their quantity vs. quality approach is just another way that Mick and Keith diverge.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: March 17, 2020 19:46

Good news! I am happy to hold onto my good tickets!

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: March 17, 2020 19:48

Im dissapointed but understand.
But "postponement" is not the right move here. This is not fair to us fans.
They are holding a lot of our money's now.
Money that we can all use right now, especially with the uncertainty of how long this will last.
They should just call it cancelled so we can recoup our money.
Then Wait till this pandemic ends and then setup a new tour.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 17, 2020 19:49

Sad, but not surprised as this is now the third show I've had postponed (ZZ Top, Perry Farrell, Stones)...and expecting more....

Whatever little hope I had this tour would continue (which was basically zero) has now been dashed - time to undo/cancel the one hotel reservation I had made.
Thoughts are with others who had far more complex plans and itineraries, including the Stones themselves.

"...and we'll see you very soon..."

And the chances for this are? I guess there's still a small ray of hope, but ................

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 17, 2020 19:50

Beast

Tour officially POSTPONED

[Twitter.com] · [www.Facebook.com] · [www.Instagram.com] · [RollingStones.com] -- (17-Mar-2020, 5pm UTC).

Date: March 17, 2020 20:11

spikenyc
Money that we can all use right now, especially with the uncertainty of how long this will last.

Postponements, like last years, come with the option of refunds typically.
No reason to assume this won't be the same.

Date: March 17, 2020 20:16

MisterDDDD
spikenyc

Postponements, like last years, come with the option of refunds typically.
No reason to assume this won't be the same.

I hope your right, but semantics will play into this scenario,
especially if you bought the insurance for the tickets. (Postponed vs. Cancelled)
Lets see what happens....

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: March 17, 2020 20:19

I wish they had cancelled and then announced a new tour. I could have done with a refund to survive right now.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 17, 2020 20:21

Rescheduled tour needs a new name. Rolling Stones No Virus tour 2021

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: March 17, 2020 20:33

sarahunwin
I wish they had cancelled and then announced a new tour. I could have done with a refund to survive right now.

Refund your tickets then... like last year you could do that.

Date: March 17, 2020 20:41

No refunds available yet for the Stones.
Ticketmaster posted this regarding postpontments and cancellations

[blog.ticketmaster.com]

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: March 17, 2020 20:44

Maybe if rescheduled, the tour will be No Facemask

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: March 17, 2020 20:46

Not me. This way I have my tix for whenever the rescheduled date is. If they cancelled and announced a tour I may just pass, the last 2 years have been brutal for ticket buying.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: March 17, 2020 20:49

$$$$

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 17, 2020 20:51

The Ozzy tour was postponed from 2018 to 2019 to 2020 before being cancelled. They can keep your money for a long time.

Posted by: rubyeveryday ()
Date: March 17, 2020 21:14

So sad - I was looking forward to catching one more show when I emerged from my cave. Hope we all stay healthy and have more live Stones down the road.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1837
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home