Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 157
Re: The last ever Rolling Stones show might have been Miami Fri Aug 30, 2019
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 16, 2020 21:47

Buck up. They'll be back. The world will regain it's footing and we'll soldier on.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: March 16, 2020 21:58

If they completely withdraw from performing activities in this way, it would be quite anticlimactic isn’t it? I’d rather believe they will do a couple of large scale gigs on their home turf (a la Hyde Park) in next one-two years before they go, even if they don’t resume a full tour. Time will tell.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: March 16, 2020 22:01

My thought for years now that once they make a break, it may be the end.
Now, this end is not chosen by themselves, but other circumstances.
I still have hope that this is not the way they want things to end and may try it again in 2021 with the distant goal to make it to the 60th anniversary in 2022.

Keep fingers crossed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-16 22:01 by falo01.

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: March 16, 2020 22:01

Topi
BV, I had the exact same thought earlier today.

Whatever will be, will be.

If Chicago #2 was my last ever show, I'm good with it.

I'm with you and BV. I saw a show in my two official countries. Canada and at home in Foxboro, Massachusetts.

I hope they can pull off a pay per view show, somehow....

Posted by: tumblinbrian ()
Date: March 16, 2020 22:03

Hopefully Miami not last show

But if so- It was a Great One

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 16, 2020 23:02

I can't see it myself, all being well, personal healthwise and Coronawise, they'll at least knock out half dozen shows in the UK next year....

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 16, 2020 23:10

Nothing like a positive thread to keep the spirits high!!

Come on, let’s all cheer up

Was It Over When The Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell No!

C

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: March 16, 2020 23:12

Japan not germany, Carlo!

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: March 16, 2020 23:15

Sici-he was quoting the movie Animal House, it was a joke.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 16, 2020 23:19

Sici

Do yourself a favor, homework and edit your post!

[youtu.be]

C

Posted by: tumblinbrian ()
Date: March 17, 2020 00:15

lol
classic

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: March 17, 2020 00:36

Let's now do some more prevention that Corona is not increasing that much anymore. That is important right now.

Let's discuss other questions later.

Date: March 17, 2020 01:04

just think we also could have no more concerts by willie nelson sad smiley

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: March 17, 2020 01:12

keefriffhard4life
He needs to be exceedingly careful during this time.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: March 17, 2020 01:41

Let’s hope you’re wrong, but I’m afraid this what it is going to be Bjornulf. I don’t think it’s possible to tour this year. And the fact they are getting older, Charlie is not very keen on touring, it’s hard to see them tour again. Maybe now and then a gig in London? Maybe next year in the Royal Albert Hall?

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: March 17, 2020 01:44

liddas
Sici

Do yourself a favor, homework and edit your post!

[youtu.be]

C

Is and assist for you, friend:-)
not have see Animal House

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: March 17, 2020 01:48

I've said this so many times before and I've stopped posting because of the idiotic responses to my posts, but here, for the last time is the plan. Believe me or not, I couldn't give a .... Joyce is on the Steering Committee for the Royal Albert Hall celebration next year and the Stones are slated to play. Period. Bye bye.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 17, 2020 02:03

chriseganstar
I've said this so many times before and I've stopped posting because of the idiotic responses to my posts, but here, for the last time is the plan. Believe me or not, I couldn't give a .... Joyce is on the Steering Committee for the Royal Albert Hall celebration next year and the Stones are slated to play. Period. Bye bye.

Thanks.. There's hope!!

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: March 17, 2020 02:09

There will be a Rolling Stones 60th Anniversary World Tour in 2022 smileys with beer

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 17, 2020 02:58

They suspended the tour last year.

They'll suspend the tour this year.

A lot of things will be shifted for fall. Jazz Fest in New Orleans in October is mind blowingly awesome - October is a perfect month.

In the meantime, maybe they'll... oh forget that. What a joke.

Date: March 17, 2020 03:54

keefriff99
keefriffhard4life
He needs to be exceedingly careful during this time.

he does and based on that and age he might be done forever. has to be one of the last guys who were performing in the 1950's that was still out there doing it live. sadly most of the real family band is already dead which makes things very different on stage. his older sister bobbie and harmonica ace mickey raphael are really all thats left

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: March 17, 2020 04:05

no one knows for sure when this will go and we get back to normal, if we ever do, i think the knock on effect of the virus will kill more people than the virus itself, things like effects on unemployment, homelessness, crime, society imploding, it could be like something from a science fiction film, this is very real though and i really dont think we will get any normality for a long time, sadly this could be the end of the rolling stones to, hope not, its like the earth is really standing still.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: March 17, 2020 07:44

Very possible. It must be getting harder and harder some days to get out of bed for these guys and then have to think about going on tour.

The next 6 months will really tell, but I think you might be exactly right.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: March 17, 2020 13:25

Yes, it´s all over now.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 17, 2020 14:03

We all need a bit of Keith Richards' immune system to destroy this virus

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: March 17, 2020 14:06

Come on, maybe this crisis will become the biggest worldwide since many, many years or even in history of mankind. Even here in Dresden area, Saxony, East Germany, with almost no infections, let alone death cases caused by Corona until now, even McDonalds or C&A or VW factories will have to finish business soon, nearly every cultural event is cancelled or put on ice for weeks at least. It's even forbidden to visit your old grandparents in nursing homes.

Of course the scheduled Rolling Stones Tour 2020 will NOT happen. At least not before September/October onwards if they will get insurance. Everybody except some fools know that. IMHO it is very problematic at least that the tour is still "on" officially. - We will see what happens.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-17 14:29 by Monsoon Ragoon.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 17, 2020 14:25

Hmm yeah, I have similar feeling as BV do. Last year's incidence was like a warning, and now there are more, very dark clouds, and they surely aren't going get any younger. Add there the issue of climate change, and all the increasing criticism against the massive touring tourism (for which surely corona doesn't help). It starts to be too much hassle for them to get the big circus going on, so I wouldn't be surprised that some of them - there only needs to be one - concludes that this isn't worth of it. They surely have afford for that...

My humble guess is that the era started in 2012 - or in 2013 to be more precisely - doing these short 'legs' around the world, once (or initially twice) a year, starts to be over. But that doesn't mean that the story of the Stones is over. No, not even as a live band. We are opening a new, different chapter. But no more these big tours (no matter how short they are).

- Doxa

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: March 17, 2020 14:37

Doxa
Hmm yeah, I have similar feeling as BV do. Last year's incidence was like a warning, and now there are more, very dark clouds, and they surely aren't going get any younger. Add there the issue of climate change, and all the increasing criticism against the massive touring tourism (for which surely corona doesn't help). It starts to be too much hassle for them to get the big circus going on, so I wouldn't be surprised that some of them - there only needs to be one - concludes that this isn't worth of it. They surely have afford for that...

My humble guess is that the era started in 2012 - or in 2013 to be more precisely - doing these short 'legs' around the world, once (or initially twice) a year, starts to be over. But that doesn't mean that the story of the Stones is over. No, not even as a live band. We are opening a new, different chapter. But no more these big tours (no matter how short they are).

- Doxa

Maybe. But to be honest I can't see them rehearsing weeks for one or a few London or New York shows in 2022 or so. That doesn't make sense for very rich people who are used to have some millions more every year. The Stones are not even capable anymore to finish a real album, let’s not forget this aspect. Because they are to old, too lazy, lacking creativity or whatever.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 17, 2020 15:34

Lazy.. well.. how many people who are almost 77 like Mick are still working everyday? He still intends to do the tour, is working on a GHS reissue, he just did the Burnt Orange Heresy movie, he's working on this podcast project with Warner Bros, he must be working everyday on all his projects and staying in shape to even perform at his age.

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: March 17, 2020 16:18

colonial
There will be a Rolling Stones 60th Anniversary World Tour in 2022 smileys with beer

Nice opportunity to release a new studio album.....>grinning smiley<

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2041
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home