Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142...LastNext
Current Page: 37 of 157
Re: The last ever Rolling Stones show might have been Miami Fri Aug 30, 2019
Posted by: RG ()
Date: March 16, 2020 15:37

Nobody can look in the future. Can't imagine we have seen the last Rolling Stones concert already.

Rolling Stones - 2022 60th Anniversary will be the last Tour.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-16 15:51 by RG.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: March 16, 2020 15:50

It's very possible!

I'm happy with the three I saw. One in 2018, two in 2019.

Posted by: FlyoverStones ()
Date: March 16, 2020 15:50

I have had this thought, too. But honestly I think this virus has been around longer than we know.

I think the tour will get a postponement while they work out the legal, financial and insurance issues. Then cancelled or perhaps just push it back a year and see if they still want to do it or can do it.

This morning I am optimistic that 3-4 weeks of distancing and testing will get us all through the worst. In the meantime I am playing the Stones around the house and trying to catch-up on repairs, etc.

Luckily we have their music to help us get through this.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 16, 2020 16:02

FlyoverStones
I have had this thought, too. But honestly I think this virus has been around longer than we know.

I think the tour will get a postponement while they work out the legal, financial and insurance issues. Then cancelled or perhaps just push it back a year and see if they still want to do it or can do it.

This morning I am optimistic that 3-4 weeks of distancing and testing will get us all through the worst. In the meantime I am playing the Stones around the house and trying to catch-up on repairs, etc.

Luckily we have their music to help us get through this.

thumbs up

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: March 16, 2020 16:11

I am in events ...I am hoping 4 months before normal service is resumed
I fear it may be 2021

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: March 16, 2020 16:15

I just checked and tickets can still be purchased thru ticketmaster, what does that tell us?? An assumption can be made that everyone is in a holding pattern to see what transpires over the next 6 weeks, but more likely we will hear something in 3 weeks.

Surely there will be an official statement from the band about this tour and hopefully future endeavors. Some may not think they owe us this much, but their actions indicate they are open for business. It ain't over until they say its over.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 16, 2020 16:33

bv
I hate to say it, but there is sneaking a thought into my mind every day now:

The last ever Rolling Stones show might have been Miami Fri Aug 30, 2019

If you add up facts (duration of the epidemic, age of band members) you're probably right but you miss the "human factor", that is the uncanny ability of Mick and the boys to overcome adversity. I'll go farther saying obstacles have always boosted them.
Therefore I have a hunch we'll get to see them live again (Autumn 2020 in an "arena" configuration?).

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: March 16, 2020 16:41

MisterDDDD
To go from having tickets and plans in place for a handful of shows, one less than an hour from my house less than two months away, to the very real possibility that there will be no more shows.. is a bridge I'm not ready to cross yet.

Elton John announced he has halted his world tour until May 2, today.
My first thought was.. wow, initial plans to resume before the Stones tour even starts, that's encouraging.
Then reality returned and I remembered there is no way this tour is not postponed, or canceled. I'm going to remain optimistic and hope for a postponement and if offered, hold on to all my tickets. Very aware that Santa Clara was likely my last show, and I will also no doubt quickly get to the acceptance stage of that, but I'm not rushing there.

I was going to mention the Elton John announcement. I have tickets for the leg after May 2 but I expect it to not happen as scheduled. The good news is he has promised every show will happen in 2021.

That is what surprises me about what bv said. The Rolling Stones can easily postpone these dates to say late March 2021. The early shows are outside in warm weather or indoors and they can do the rest in April and May. I don't understand why the whole tour would be canceled?

I have tickets for Atlanta and would like hope for a future date.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-16 16:42 by tonyc.

Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: March 16, 2020 16:50

I'd love to see them in Minneapolis in May. If it will not happen, I too fear there will not be a tour.

I feel blessed fo having seen them as many times as I did. I'm sure most of us will feel this way.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 16, 2020 16:53

Que sera sera

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 16, 2020 17:22

bv

For sure, they can not tour anywhere in the world this year. For sure, Mick, Charlie and Ronnie are stuck in UK now for months, staying apart at home, while Keith is at home in USA.

Next year Charlie is 80 years old. With all the past experiences of hurricanes, laryngitis, heart valve procedure, and now the corinavirus worldwide lockdown, I think 2019 will be the new 2007, i.e. the last year they toured for a while, but it was never planned for.

I knew that the last show would not be a fact until AFTER I had seen it, but I did not expect it to end this way.

Hopefully, in a couple of years, they do a final UK tour. But I really don't know.

I don't think that will be a long standing truth.............the Stones and many others have the money to navigate this safely ...ie. all getting tested privately first and then only associating with friends who are also clear.........
If they wanted to go in the studio I'd bet they could arrange that and with secure transport with no problems........

Plus with thousands of scientists working on a vaccine..............who knows, they might find one tomorrow .........testing and mass production takes time of course ...........

Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: March 16, 2020 17:54

For Sure everyone has thoughts/reasons to believe (or not) that the US tour 2020 will happen, but the fact of ages and other health issues made by the Tour- insurance they are maybe not allowed to go on tour .. getting into their 80's soon who knows maybe even without Corona Virus one of the members passes away before any new data ... so keep in mind to stay away from big crowds .. and take good care of yourself and others IORR

Richard

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: March 16, 2020 18:13

I'm pretty sure the Tour will not happen this year. The cancellation will only happen when each City says "no big gatherings in May, June and July". Otherwise the Stones carry all the cancellation cost. I feel sorry for all of us, but especially the rest of the band, crew etc. who get no salary this year!

If we are very lucky, from all perspectives, then the virus crisis ends in the summer - and they may tour in the Autumn. Feels unlikely.

Will 2019 be the last Tour? I don't think this virus will be cause the stop. I still think its down to 3 issues: are they fit and healthy? do they enjoy it? can they do it, cover all the costs, and make some money (I think money is the lesser issue for them now)?

I think only the band member's health and fitness will be the critical factor on. Touring for the next few years - they clearly enjoy it immensely, and they also get well paid.

and if not - well its been a very very good run!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: March 16, 2020 18:27

Hold on to your memories as they will have to suffice . Can anybody say they seen this storm coming ? Of all the different possibilities of the final curtain -like this ? This is a nightmare !

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 16, 2020 18:40

BV, your saying it carries a lot more weight than most people who offer similar opinions...
This time it does seem different... The Rolling Stones are themselves old men at high risk and they should stop touring both to protect themselves from cov19 and also protect fans from cov19.

Sad day...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 16, 2020 18:57

Hmmm...bittersweet/semi-sad thought to ponder, and it raises a wide range of thoughts and emotions, so pardon the ramble....

Glendale, AZ - Aug, 2019 - Lucky Dips in the PIT ...the thought this would be my very last Stones show crossed my mind leading up to the date and especially when they were playing Satisfaction. But then rumours of a new tour started up and eventually confirmed. May 8th San Diego, 2020...hotel reservations and ticket secured, unbelievable to think I would see the Stones again! The thought this would be my last Stones show certainly was on my mind again, but now it's almost certain it won't be happening at all. And while it's not absolutely certain that Glendale was my last Stones show ever, the reality is starting to set in and it certainly could be. And what a great show it was - in fact all four shows I attended in 2019 were fantastic. But whether I'll ever see them again is beside the point - I'm just happy to have been part of the history throughout my life and having been fortunate to have seen them many times since 1981. Not ready to write an epitaph for the band yet as they could still do some shows somewhere somehow (and maybe still release a new album?), but if indeed it's all over now for them, it's been an amazing journey (understatement) and feel blessed to have been a part of it. Now where's my refund. winking smiley

Keep on rolling everybody...thumbs up

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: March 16, 2020 18:59

crosses my mind often.....ever since that Miami show.....so glad i made it to that show

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 16, 2020 19:01

TheGreek
Hold on to your memories as they will have to suffice.

Reminds me of "Nothing Was Delivered"
"Take care of all your memories" said my friend, Mick
"For you can not relive them"

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 16, 2020 19:04

bv

I was thinking that 100 times before...what if...but now it´s different...
above all hearing it from bv.

But if that´s the case, East Rutherford I and II were my last shows ever. I´m
happy to have done the trip. I saw them on a high in two sold out shows.

This picture captures the last moment I have seen them in my life then:

Rolling Stones FOREVER!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-04-13 02:18 by TooTough.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: March 16, 2020 19:24

TooTough,
Take a glass and fill it for 50% with your favorite drink and then look at it for a while!
Half full or half empty?
You said it yourself: Rolling Stones FOREVER
I will add this:
Never say never, Rolling Stones FOREVER
smileys with beer

Posted by: onestep ()
Date: March 16, 2020 19:32

I am sure we will hear from The Rolling Stones again, but it certainly wouldn't be wise for them to try and tour with this pandemic going round --- I know you all know that --- I am just agreeing.

It would really suck to have one of them catch pneumonia and die because of this virus ---however unlikely -- they fit the criteria for the red zone for sure.

Maybe they will release the new album soon, maybe they will do something live in a big rehearsal sound stage and release it for sale -- like a we miss you for now, but we are all good, here is a 2hr performance from yesterday including a few new ones, until next time. Who ever had that idea, I think it's a great one -- plus they'll make a few bucks.

I have 3 cities booked --- so far, and am certainly disappointed -- anyone thinks that the tour will continue or go on as planned is crazy. Miracles do happen, so I'm not cancelling my hotels just yet...cause I'm un poco loco myself.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 16, 2020 19:35

I have many great memories from the Miami show, but it was special, since they moved it one day early, and since the hurricane sort of shattered us on our way out of Miami. I think they might do something in UK later on, if they feel like it, but I am not so sure about more world touring.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: March 16, 2020 19:39

8-12 weeks is a long time given the very drastic measures being taken at the moment. If this virus is seasonal and fades in warm weather (unknown), it's POSSIBLE the June & July dates could happen. (If it's like 1918, it will fade in Summer and come back even worse in the Fall.)

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: March 16, 2020 19:43

i'm an optimist ...

keep the faith, but we know that you've got insight information sr

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: March 16, 2020 19:45

The thing is, this virus is not just a one time thing. The prognosis for the world is that more of these viruses will emerge and at an accelerating rate. We have ruined the world and are continuing to do so, so nature usually takes care of such vandals in one way or another and with the continuing global warming one can expect that tropical diseases will continue to proliferate and spread over the world. Just wait till ebola escapes Africa, its only a matter of time. So the bottom line is, if everyone is going to panic at the thought of this, we might as well just lock it all down because that is what the politicians are going to do. Right now I think this is going to impact the 2020 USA election and may in fact become a "reason" for our illustrious leader to just proclaim himself king and "protector" for life or for the next term anyhow. If you think that is far fetched, just wait and watch, something is going to come out of this and it is not good. The Rolling Stones cancelling a tour are but a splash in the pan compared to what could be coming.

Sounds paranoid, I know, but just because you are paranoid doesn't mean you don't have any enemies

jb

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: March 16, 2020 19:58

it's surely a pity that it might end like this.
But as I mentioned a couple of times before: They had basically two options – either decide to do a final show or keep on going until external factors (death, illness etc) or an external event (like corona) stops them.
(same thing for Bob Dylan btw. The only difference is that his never ending tour has no logical end, while the Stones had different tours (No Security, Bigger Bang, 14 on Fire, No Filter etc.))

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: March 16, 2020 19:58

If this tour is indeed cancelled my paper ticket that I always pay to get will be a nice souvenir in place of a litho and t-shirt.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: March 16, 2020 20:10

bv
I have many great memories from the Miami show, but it was special, since they moved it one day early, and since the hurricane sort of shattered us on our way out of Miami. I think they might do something in UK later on, if they feel like it, but I am not so sure about more world touring.

BV, it hurts to hear this but I am grateful that I was in Miami, especially if that was indeed their last show.

Date: March 16, 2020 20:35

Maindefender
I just checked and tickets can still be purchased thru ticketmaster, what does that tell us?? An assumption can be made that everyone is in a holding pattern to see what transpires over the next 6 weeks, but more likely we will hear something in 3 weeks.

Surely there will be an official statement from the band about this tour and hopefully future endeavors. Some may not think they owe us this much, but their actions indicate they are open for business. It ain't over until they say its over.

...or TM wants to hold and float our funds for a few more weeks...

I sure hope this isn't true. We tried our best to see them three times last year, long travel trips and 3 hurricanes derailed our best laid plans.

Hoping to see them again in Charlotte NC where we saw them live the first time in 1997

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-16 20:44 by MidnightDevilRambler.

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: March 16, 2020 20:50

I had the same fear when Mick was operated on to the heart but then I saw him rise.
Every time I see the Stones I think it may have been the last time.
They say it since 64: "This could be the last time"
I am happy to have had this emotion of seeing them live, of growing up with their songs, of rejoicing and suffering with their riffs.
I have to thank the Stones forever and I would never change one, two, a thousand records in the studio with the possibility of seeing them still live.
Appointment in London in 2022, if God wills we will all be there.
Sici
Sorry for my bad english, i use a traslator on line

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142...LastNext
Current Page: 37 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1702
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home