Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 8, 2020 11:05

RG

When does the rehearsals normally start?

2-3 weeks before Tour-start ?

2019 rehearsals - [stoneslife.org]
2018 rehearsals - [stoneslife.org]
2017 rehearsals - [iorr.org]
2016 rehearsals - [iorr.org]
2015 rehearsals - [iorr.org] , [iorr.org]
2014 rehearsals - [iorr.org]
2013 rehearsals - [iorr.org]
2012 rehearsals - [iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-08 11:25 by Irix.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: March 8, 2020 11:44

Thanks Irix. So 6 weeks left, nice!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 8, 2020 12:05

drewmaster

For anyone who's been in the pit: how LOUD is it?

Rockman

Beautifully loud …..

Yes, it's pleasant loud -- not too loud (I didn't need earplugs), but for my taste in the General Admission area the sound was often not loud enough in the past years. The times are over when my thorax vibrated along with the drum beat of 'Not Fade Away' during the intro of the Voodoo-Lounge-Tour ....

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 8, 2020 12:35

Just wear proper ear plugs.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: March 8, 2020 14:15

Thanks for the input/tips everyone. I love loud music, but my ears do not. So I'm wondering if the pit is going to be louder than the rest of the venue.

Drew

Posted by: RiffKichards ()
Date: March 8, 2020 14:28

I have been in the pit nine times during that no filter tour (2017, 2018, 2019). I wore ear plugs and I had no pb. The sound is not loud and it was fine (and I am able to run away from a concert, even for the Stones, if I feel it is too loud).

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 8, 2020 14:33

drewmaster
Thanks for the input/tips everyone. I love loud music, but my ears do not. So I'm wondering if the pit is going to be louder than the rest of the venue.

Drew

Get a pair of etymotic earplugs. I find they protect my ears very well, somehow seem to clean up the sound, and you can still have a conversation. Then head for the Pit!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 8, 2020 14:41

Irix
drewmaster

Rockman

Beautifully loud …..

Yes, it's pleasant loud -- not too loud (I didn't need earplugs), but for my taste in the General Admission area the sound was often not loud enough in the past years. The times are over when my thorax vibrated along with the drum beat of 'Not Fade Away' during the intro of the Voodoo-Lounge-Tour ....

And noise aside, one of their best openers ever.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: March 8, 2020 14:48

treaclefingers
And noise aside, one of their best openers ever.

It really was, you are right.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: March 8, 2020 16:23

drewmaster

One thing I would say is stand towards the middle of the stage. Generally I find that the volume in the pit is just fine (without ear plugs), but in San Diego 2015 I was 5th row right in front of one of the speaker stacks - my ears were ringing for 3 days.

syrel

Date: March 8, 2020 16:55

Thanks, all. Very helpful.

Drew

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 8, 2020 20:26

syrel
drewmaster

One thing I would say is stand towards the middle of the stage. Generally I find that the volume in the pit is just fine (without ear plugs), but in San Diego 2015 I was 5th row right in front of one of the speaker stacks - my ears were ringing for 3 days.

syrel

I always bring a pair just in case...a couple of times have had to use them and glad I had them with.

Date: March 8, 2020 22:00

treaclefingers
I always bring a pair just in case...a couple of times have had to use them and glad I had them with.

I always bring a pair too, everywhere I go, in fact ... and this time I might also bring some earplugs.grinning smiley

Drew

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 9, 2020 01:06

drewmaster
I'm thinking of buying pit tickets (never been in the pit before).

Thanks.

Drew

I've been in the pit for 5 of my thus far 10 No Filter shows going back to 2017 and the sound is really clear and great and not too loud at all. The best place to be if you can.

plexi

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 11, 2020 19:39

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FROM THE IORR EDITOR:

This thread is dedicated to the Stones Tour US/CA 2020.

- Please do not post about the coronavirus here, there is a separate thread about it
- Please do not make jokes about the coronavirus on IORR
- Please do not post set list comments here, there is a separate set list thread

OTHER THREADS:

Coronavirus disease COVID-19 and The Rolling Stones US/CA 2020 Tour

The Rolling Stones set list discussions

IORR Forum links of interest

Bjornulf

Date: March 11, 2020 19:47

The Stones Tour 2020 is NOT canceled or postponed as of now, but due to the coronavirus now declared a worldwide pandemi as of today, it is likely that the tour may be affected.

For discussions and comments related to this, do NOT post here, but post on this thread:

Coronavirus disease COVID-19 and The Rolling Stones US/CA 2020 Tour

Bjornulf

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 11, 2020 20:42

SomeTorontoGirl
drewmaster

Drew

Get a pair of etymotic earplugs. I find they protect my ears very well, somehow seem to clean up the sound, and you can still have a conversation. Then head for the Pit!

I've got those: very effective. They come in 2 sizes so you might have to buy 2 pairs before getting some that fit (I did). Not the kind of thing you can try on!

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: March 11, 2020 20:44

-.-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-03-11 20:45 by Roadster32.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: March 11, 2020 21:30

SomeTorontoGirl

WHAT THE @#$%&!!!
you’re wearing earplugs to have a conversation during a very expensive concert? Meanwhile annoying people who come to enjoy a concert (in the Pit)!
Well you’re free to do as you like, it’s your ticket, you’ve paid for. But not my idea, and I think a lot with me here as Stones fan and music lover in general. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 11, 2020 23:40

Christiaan

WHAT THE @#$%&!!!
you’re wearing earplugs to have a conversation during a very expensive concert? Meanwhile annoying people who come to enjoy a concert (in the Pit)!
Well you’re free to do as you like, it’s your ticket, you’ve paid for. But not my idea, and I think a lot with me here as Stones fan and music lover in general. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Um, yeah...no. I tend not to talk during concerts. But sometimes someone will make a comment between songs, so I thought it might be helpful for people to know that you don’t have to pull them out to hear. But thank you so very much for (mis)judging and condeming my behaviour. Have a lovely day.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: March 12, 2020 15:29

Earplugs like those ones are great. I'd advise everyone to wear a pair. The sound is so much better with them in and of course, they protect your hearing! It's also true you can talk to other people a lot easier.

Date: March 12, 2020 15:41

From the IORR news:

The Rolling Stones Tour 2020 in danger due to the coronavirus

The coronavirus COVID-19 is today declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization, see the report WHO characterizes COVID-19 as a pandemic. With the current and soon to come extreme limitations in local as well as global travel and crowds, it seems unlikely that The Rolling Stones will be touring in 2020. An official statement from the band is expected within the next few days.

More details here:

IORR news

Bjornulf

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 12, 2020 18:41

Green Lady
SomeTorontoGirl
drewmaster

Drew

I've got those: very effective. They come in 2 sizes so you might have to buy 2 pairs before getting some that fit (I did). Not the kind of thing you can try on!

I used those for a few years but tried something else which I thought was even better, less muffling though good volume reduction:

Earasers

Date: March 13, 2020 14:02

bv
From the IORR news:

The Rolling Stones Tour 2020 in danger due to the coronavirus

The coronavirus COVID-19 is today declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization, see the report WHO characterizes COVID-19 as a pandemic. With the current and soon to come extreme limitations in local as well as global travel and crowds, it seems unlikely that The Rolling Stones will be touring in 2020. An official statement from the band is expected within the next few days.

More details here:

IORR news
Maybe the stones if tour is cancelled/long postponed should do one TV/Netflix appearance or programme instead.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 13, 2020 17:20

jumpingjackflash5
Maybe the stones if tour is cancelled/long postponed should do one TV/Netflix appearance or programme instead.

They should finish the bloody new album instead!

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: March 13, 2020 17:38

It's not safe to put all those elderly people in a studio together, the Stones should stay hidden on their private luxury resorts.

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: March 13, 2020 18:39

They should do pay per view again. Completely forgot about pay per view until I watched a fight at a mate's house. Got me thinking about how they should do a pay per view concert.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 13, 2020 21:17

NilsHolgersson
It's not safe to put all those elderly people in a studio together, the Stones should stay hidden on their private luxury resorts.

With today's online infrastructure there's no need for them to be together in the same studio for working on the album.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: March 14, 2020 01:28

After the 2008 economical crisis the Rolling stones didn't tour for a while. I worry that if the coronavirus crisis drags on, we won't see a tour anymore.
Hopefully I am wrong.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 14, 2020 03:16

Ended up buying a couple single GA floor tickets for two shows this time through a reseller.
Price wasn't much more than face, and was happy to snag them.

Got an email from them today basically reassuring that if an event is cancelled, everyone will get their money refunded with their 100% guarantee etc.
The interesting part was that they offered a full refund, or.. you could leave the money in your account instead and you get 20% additional of the ticket price more to use for future purchases..
Not bad.. I'll go with the refund I think but shows how much their industry is hurting with all the cancelations.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1257
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home