Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: February 23, 2020 13:15

bv
GerardHennessy
Strike
Have been a fan since I saw them first in 1982. Don`t get me wrong, have fun at the shows but I simply can`t stand it anymore. I´m over it somehow, hard to explain. I still attend many concerts every year most in smaller venues, I still discover new bands and music styles. My last Stones show was at the Waldbühne in Berlin in 2014 which for me was already the one show to much.
It is surely not easy to quit before it became ridiculous, but I´m afraid that is the way its gonna get.

Agree 100%. When I stopped and thought about it I realised that, for me, The Stones have become a group of guys role-playing at being a band. The last few times I saw than they were dangerously close to being a pastiche of what they used to be. The edge is gone. Sure because they are professionals they can put a show together, but it no longer has any soul or heart for me. It is just a performance shorn of the elements that made The Stones so vibrant, alive and dangerous.

Don't get me wrong. I respect these guys. And I respect everyone who is happy to see them do what they do, in the way they do it. I hope everyone who goes to see them enjoys every second. But for me the magic has gone!

Sounds like you have divorced from your partner in life but you are still hanging around near the house and the life of your old partner because you can't really put that life of the old days behind you.

Nothing wrong with loosing the love of the band and their live act, but why publish the lost love in the public? Unless you look for counseling and a way to repair the lost love?

That is funny, because it is true. :-)

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: February 23, 2020 17:43

bv
GerardHennessy
Strike
Have been a fan since I saw them first in 1982. Don`t get me wrong, have fun at the shows but I simply can`t stand it anymore. I´m over it somehow, hard to explain. I still attend many concerts every year most in smaller venues, I still discover new bands and music styles. My last Stones show was at the Waldbühne in Berlin in 2014 which for me was already the one show to much.
It is surely not easy to quit before it became ridiculous, but I´m afraid that is the way its gonna get.

Agree 100%. When I stopped and thought about it I realised that, for me, The Stones have become a group of guys role-playing at being a band. The last few times I saw than they were dangerously close to being a pastiche of what they used to be. The edge is gone. Sure because they are professionals they can put a show together, but it no longer has any soul or heart for me. It is just a performance shorn of the elements that made The Stones so vibrant, alive and dangerous.

Don't get me wrong. I respect these guys. And I respect everyone who is happy to see them do what they do, in the way they do it. I hope everyone who goes to see them enjoys every second. But for me the magic has gone!

Sounds like you have divorced from your partner in life but you are still hanging around near the house and the life of your old partner because you can't really put that life of the old days behind you.

Nothing wrong with loosing the love of the band and their live act, but why publish the lost love in the public? Unless you look for counseling and a way to repair the lost love?

Well said BV, you make some valid points.

Posted by: GeirGG ()
Date: February 23, 2020 19:05

I remember people making fun of them for being old the first time I saw them in 1990. And I sometimes hear people go on and on about not being relevant today. I must say that I don't get this thing about musicians getting old or playing old songs. Good music never fades. And the Stones are in my humble opinion better now than they ever were. I at least have enjoyed some of the showes over the last three years more than the ones that I saw prior. Also I just saw John Williams play in Austria. He just turned 88 and is still rocking. Hopefully The Rolling Stones have a good ten years or more in them!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 23, 2020 19:17

TKinOH
Pittsburgh tix came today...

New TM Smart Tickets, smaller w/ chip imbedded and no more barcodes.

Has anyone used these for any events yet or are they just coming through? The envelope even included a little instruction page showing the details to just tap the ticket on the scanner at the gate...
s
Yes I received the chip ticket for Pittsburgh but the Cleveland ticket are full sized with a bar code.

The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 24, 2020 00:11

Do you have your tickets to the Rolling Stones 2020 No Filter USA/CA tour? View the full dates and explore content from the previous shows at rollingstones.com/tour

#stonesnofilter

[twitter.com]

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: February 24, 2020 05:35

RSbestbandever
bv
GerardHennessy
Strike

I guess you either get it, or you don't.
I, glade to say, get it. I'm happy to get it. I'm happy to say I can't get enough. Never enough. The Stones just RAWK!!! So what if the same great tune over, over, and over again. It rawks and so do i.

smileys with beerRe: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: February 24, 2020 10:09

daspyknows
mailexile67
My 2 cents predictions are:

US & Canadian Tour 2020
Far East Tour(or/and South American Tour) early 2021

New Album November 2021

European Tour spring/Summer 2022
US Major Cities Tour(N.Y.C., L.A., Chicago and so on) and 2/3 final gigs in London Spring 2023

You mean that's it. I was really planning on the 2027 tour.

But seriously, these guys are closing in on 80. They will play as long as they can like B.B. King did or Buddy Guy and Willie Nelson are currently doing it. Planning the date of their final show is probably a lower priority than their new album.

2032? 2037???

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: February 24, 2020 14:04

GerardHennessy
Strike

Agree with both of you. I have the same feelings. But I'll see them again in Europe probably, if my friends will come along as well. Nashville would've been a nice city to visit though winking smiley

Posted by: 1985jayer ()
Date: February 24, 2020 15:50

I was at BB King's last concert, it was here in Chicago at the House of Blues 2014 , i dont think anyone knew it would be the last show. Just enjoy every moment you get to see the Stones, you never can tell when its gonna be the Last Time. See ya this summer peeps...

daspyknows
mailexile67

US & Canadian Tour 2020

New Album November 2021

US Major Cities Tour(N.Y.C., L.A., Chicago and so on) and 2/3 final gigs in London Spring 2023

But seriously, these guys are closing in on 80. They will play as long as they can like B.B. King did or Buddy Guy and Willie Nelson are currently doing it. Planning the date of their final show is probably a lower priority than their new album.

Date: February 24, 2020 16:28

Man...there are a lot of tickets still left for Nashville

Come on great warm up band!

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: February 24, 2020 16:47

I took a look at Nashville tickets on Fri. Definitely plenty available. looks like the way the stadium is set up their isn't a lot of "cheap" seats. Looks like the most affordable tix sold already and the higher end ones haven't been touched.

Re: smileys with beerRe: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 24, 2020 18:11

StonedAsiaExile
daspyknows
mailexile67

US & Canadian Tour 2020

New Album November 2021

2032? 2037???

2047 No Pulse tour.

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: February 24, 2020 22:30

I think it's about time for Keith to change his setlist, maybe we will finally get to listen to Coming Down Again live?

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: February 24, 2020 23:02

WHAT ABOUT SLEEP TONIGHT

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 24, 2020 23:18

riccardo99
I think it's about time for Keith to change his setlist, maybe we will finally get to listen to Coming Down Again live?

I’d love to hear it, but believe he doesn’t perform it anymore. I’d settle for Thru and Thru though. And Before They Make Me Run is always a treat.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 24, 2020 23:29

riccardo99

Be a nice tie-in with the rumored GHS reissue cool smiley

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: February 25, 2020 05:45

SomeTorontoGirl
riccardo99

I’d love to hear it, but believe he doesn’t perform it anymore. I’d settle for Thru and Thru though. And Before They Make Me Run is always a treat.

How-a-bout Happy?

Date: February 25, 2020 05:58

shattered
SomeTorontoGirl
riccardo99

How-a-bout Happy?

Happy is great, I’ve just seen it performed so often, and the others seldom or never. I’m greedy. smiling smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 25, 2020 06:15

SomeTorontoGirl
shattered
SomeTorontoGirl
riccardo99

How-a-bout Happy?

Happy is great, I’ve just seen it performed so often, and the others seldom or never. I’m greedy. smiling smiley

Can never hear Happy enough which is his greatest tune ever imo. Still saddened he didn't play it last summer, but there's hope he'll dust it off again for this upcoming tour.
Pretty sure Thru and Thru was played quite often during Licks and Bridges (seems I've seen it quite a few times anyways), and while it not a complete bore, it's far from his classic best - You Got the Silver, Happy, etc.

Date: February 25, 2020 06:19

Hairball
SomeTorontoGirl
shattered
SomeTorontoGirl
riccardo99

How-a-bout Happy?

I knew you would comment on this Hairball.

Can never hear Happy enough which is his greatest tune ever imo. Still saddened he didn't play it last summer, but there's hope he'll dust it off again for this upcoming tour.
Pretty sure Thru and Thru was played quite often during Licks and Bridges (seems I've seen it quite a few times anyways), and while it not a complete bore, it's far from his classic best - You Got the Silver, Happy, etc.

Date: February 25, 2020 06:50

shattered
Hairball
SomeTorontoGirl
shattered
SomeTorontoGirl
riccardo99

How-a-bout Happy?

I knew you would know I would comment on this. smiling smiley thumbs up

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: February 25, 2020 08:30

The Worst was pretty cool in 2018.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: February 25, 2020 11:05

RSbestbandever
bv
GerardHennessy
Strike

You are totally correct of course. I'm certainly hanging around in a kind of pathetic 'can't quite get over it' way. Hardly surprising I suppose. I have been a fan since 1964 so it has been a life long love affair for me. It's not easy to put it away completely. Why am I publishing it all in public? It is probably some kind of desperate plea for help. Or validation. Or a forlorn search for reassurance.

I think it was Leonard Cohen who wrote 'There ain't no cure for love!' He was right!

If you good folks are going to any of the gigs - enjoy!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 25, 2020 12:08

SomeTorontoGirl
riccardo99

"anymore"?

Date: February 25, 2020 13:29

Topi
SomeTorontoGirl
riccardo99

"anymore"?

(Checking my notes...) oh...um...right. Never performed live. You caught me on a technicality. tongue sticking out smiley

Date: February 25, 2020 17:51

Hairball
shattered
Hairball
SomeTorontoGirl
shattered
SomeTorontoGirl
riccardo99

How-a-bout Happy?

Not to use the "Cone of Silence", are you attending any shows east of the Mississippi? I sure would like to meet you.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: February 25, 2020 18:10

"I guess you either get it, or you don't.
I, glade to say, get it. I'm happy to get it. I'm happy to say I can't get enough. Never enough..."

Same here, swaff...

Date: February 25, 2020 19:57

shattered
Hairball
shattered
Hairball
SomeTorontoGirl
shattered
SomeTorontoGirl
riccardo99

How-a-bout Happy?

Not to use the "Cone of Silence", are you attending any shows east of the Mississippi? I sure would like to meet you.

Yes it would be great to meet, but as of now Dallas is the furthest east I'll possibly be going to, and even that's not a guarantee yet.
Currently San Diego is the only 100% as it's a relatively nearby location, great weather, tour opener, lots of friends and relatives attending, etc., etc., etc., etc......have you thought about venturing west!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 25, 2020 22:50

Imagine Corona Virus in US concert cities. Would everything be cancelled?
Maybe they will sell masks in the stadiums. Imagine a concert where everybody wears a white mask ....

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: February 25, 2020 22:54

GeirGG
I remember people making fun of them for being old the first time I saw them in 1990. And I sometimes hear people go on and on about not being relevant today. I must say that I don't get this thing about musicians getting old or playing old songs. Good music never fades. And the Stones are in my humble opinion better now than they ever were. I at least have enjoyed some of the showes over the last three years more than the ones that I saw prior. Also I just saw John Williams play in Austria. He just turned 88 and is still rocking. Hopefully The Rolling Stones have a good ten years or more in them!

Another ten years? You cannot be serious! The odds of all four members living, never mind playing, for another ten years are VERY small. Charlie would be almost 90, Mick and Keith moving into the latter half of their 80s. Even Ronnie 'The Kid' would be pushing on. The Stones, being a band, do not have the latitude that solo performers have. Solo artists can bring in new backing musicians, even a totally new band if they want. As long as the main star is on the stage, no one will care. Or even notice, if the rest of the band are new. Sure the Stones can employ some new backing band members, but the audience will want to see the four main men on the stage. I think that as soon as one of the band members calls it a day, or their health fails, then the curtain will come down for good. It would be awful if the band staggered on with a replacement for Charlie. Or Ronnie. Or Keith. Or Mick.

And let us remember good people. The Stones are a ROCK band. Energy, spectacle, high-octane performance are an essential part of what they do. No extended periods of quiet, thoughtful, low key songs. No lengthy breaks for several sit-down acoustic numbers. No matter how I try I cannot see them maintaining rock-band velocity for another ten years. Or even for half that length of time.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1985
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home