Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 19, 2020 22:32

Paddy
Send It To me
DGA35
Just was on ticketmaster checking out what's left for tickets at all the shows. It appears Vancouver is nearly sold out, San Diego not bad as is Cleveland but all the other shows have lots of tickets available. Many have resale tickets going for under $100 US.

There's a limited pool of people willing to pay a month's rent to hear the same 18 songs. I mean, I guess I'm part of that pool though lol.

I paid $80.... Wish that was my months rent grinning smiley

Ha! good one Paddy!

plexi

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 20, 2020 03:58

Oh, that's right...the rent! I knew I was forgetting something!

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: February 20, 2020 04:23

MisterDDDD
Sockers56
I don't follow. I just checked Detroit, cleared out the filters & checked Standard Ticket. Section 316 is $199, but the section next to it, section 317, Is $1,018. Can someone explain?

Neither is a Standard ticket.
When you clear the filters, the Standard sections are in bold colors.
You can still see the other ones if you zoom in and hover or select them.
The 317's are Platinum, the 316's are part of a yellow VIP package.

Thank you!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 20, 2020 06:28

Sockers56
Thank you!

Welcome.
Worth noting that if those are desired sections/price points, great chance they won't sell and eventually be reverted to standard pricing.

Standard pricing on Rear Standing GA's still available, great value at $150ish imo.

Posted by: PinballWizard23 ()
Date: February 20, 2020 16:27

This thought didn’t occur to me when shopping for tix but can Atlanta potentially be their last US show?

I thought maybe they would finish the tour off with a NYC area show or two just in case.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: February 20, 2020 17:41

PinballWizard23
This thought didn’t occur to me when shopping for tix but can Atlanta potentially be their last US show?

I thought maybe they would finish the tour off with a NYC area show or two just in case.

This is why they just - in case - finished their last european tour in Warsaw? I don't think the Stones are that sentimental.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: February 20, 2020 17:56

I totally agree with hockenheim95. The fans on this board seem so hung up on where their last show is in the USA and in Europe etc. I personally don't think the Stones themselves could care less. Whenever it stops it stops, no planned, "oh we need to finish the usa in nyc" or we need to finish our career in London". That's my view anyway.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: February 20, 2020 18:09

My 2 cents predictions are:

US & Canadian Tour 2020
Far East Tour(or/and South American Tour) early 2021

New Album November 2021

European Tour spring/Summer 2022
US Major Cities Tour(N.Y.C., L.A., Chicago and so on) and 2/3 final gigs in London Spring 2023

Posted by: PinballWizard23 ()
Date: February 20, 2020 18:12

mailexile67

US & Canadian Tour 2020

New Album November 2021

US Major Cities Tour(N.Y.C., L.A., Chicago and so on) and 2/3 final gigs in London Spring 2023
That would really be amazing..2023 Charlie will be 82. They are already amazing and defying age!

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: February 20, 2020 18:39

keefmick
I totally agree with hockenheim95. The fans on this board seem so hung up on where their last show is in the USA and in Europe etc. I personally don't think the Stones themselves could care less. Whenever it stops it stops, no planned, "oh we need to finish the usa in nyc" or we need to finish our career in London". That's my view anyway.

Exactly! They're a working band still, touring where the crowds and $ can support this scale show. This No Filter tour isn't some kind of premeditated swan song.

It's a really cool modular stage concept that's easier and more cost effective to deploy for these shorter tours, but was still a pretty big investment up front so I'd imagine they would like to get at least 100 shows out of it if possible.

That being said, I don't see another new stage or stadium tour concept of this scale after No Filter, it's likely that the will keep this one on the road for a couple more years if everyone is healthy. But there will never be planned final gigs.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: February 20, 2020 19:00

re: Standard pricing on Rear Standing GA's still available, great value at $150ish imo.[/quote]

I agree with GA at rear of field being a great value, and for those that don't mind standing, a really good spot. Not being confined to a seat allows you to just rock out and have fun. And the sound is great there too. Did it for Foxboro last year, and had a blast. Bought them for Charlotte. I'd certainly do that for $160 (is what mine came to with the fees) compared to $400+ for Field seats, unless you are really close.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: February 20, 2020 19:06

Pittsburgh and Buffalo tickets printed...

Anyone else receive tix yet?

I like the quick turnaround!

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: February 20, 2020 20:22

TKinOH

St. Louis (got an email at 9:45 pm yesterday).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-20 20:23 by kovach.

Date: February 21, 2020 02:37

Pittsburgh tix came today...

New TM Smart Tickets, smaller w/ chip imbedded and no more barcodes.

Has anyone used these for any events yet or are they just coming through? The envelope even included a little instruction page showing the details to just tap the ticket on the scanner at the gate...

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: February 21, 2020 02:59

kovach
TKinOH

St. Louis (got an email at 9:45 pm yesterday).

Louisville printed, I got my email notification thumbs up

Posted by: Strike ()
Date: February 21, 2020 06:14

Have been a fan since I saw them first in 1982. Don`t get me wrong, have fun at the shows but I simply can`t stand it anymore. I´m over it somehow, hard to explain. I still attend many concerts every year most in smaller venues, I still discover new bands and music styles. My last Stones show was at the Waldbühne in Berlin in 2014 which for me was already the one show to much.
It is surely not easy to quit before it became ridiculous, but I´m afraid that is the way its gonna get.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-21 06:16 by Strike.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 21, 2020 06:28

mailexile67

US & Canadian Tour 2020

New Album November 2021

You mean that's it. I was really planning on the 2027 tour.

But seriously, these guys are closing in on 80. They will play as long as they can like B.B. King did or Buddy Guy and Willie Nelson are currently doing it. Planning the date of their final show is probably a lower priority than their new album.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 21, 2020 08:39

mailexile67

US & Canadian Tour 2020

New Album November 2021

There u go, a perfect example of what Keefmick just said about the obsessive people on this board.

plexi

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 21, 2020 10:44

Agree,some ppl are dreaming in Technicolor...winking smiley

Posted by: FlyoverStones ()
Date: February 21, 2020 15:39

erbissell
keefmick

Exactly! They're a working band still, touring where the crowds and $ can support this scale show. This No Filter tour isn't some kind of premeditated swan song.

It's a really cool modular stage concept that's easier and more cost effective to deploy for these shorter tours, but was still a pretty big investment up front so I'd imagine they would like to get at least 100 shows out of it if possible.

That being said, I don't see another new stage or stadium tour concept of this scale after No Filter, it's likely that the will keep this one on the road for a couple more years if everyone is healthy. But there will never be planned final gigs.

YES, YES, YES! Thank you both for making these important points.

And I personally like the NO Filter stage set up. The large tower screens really project out to the stadiums and they are much better than the single big screen over the center stage.

Posted by: FlyoverStones ()
Date: February 21, 2020 15:42

Are these GA's available close to show date or do they sell out?

I'd really like to get some of these and roam a bit this time around and just enjoy the atmosphere at multiple shows this time around.

I can't afford up front pit or VIP near Keith so I might as well have some fun at two shows instead of one.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: February 21, 2020 19:40

Hey,Timbernardis...Relax,Ok!?I was only joking, what's the problem?Next time Before to post I submit to you the text,OK?Relax now and a little bit of good manners If you can

Posted by: PalaisRoyale ()
Date: February 21, 2020 22:57

At this stage of their careers, it's a gift that they still tour. Given what happened last year, people should enjoy what shows are scheduled. Time is not on their side to speculate which continents are next. A natural ending could have already happened at the 2013 Hyde Park concerts but look what came of that. MT was even there to wrap a bow on it.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 22, 2020 13:49

Ready to Rock!!
Keith

[twitter.com]

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: February 22, 2020 15:51

TKinOH

Has anyone used these for any events yet or are they just coming through? The envelope even included a little instruction page showing the details to just tap the ticket on the scanner at the gate...

Wow, I never heard of these before.

I would much prefer that to a phone ticket for two reasons:

1) I had my phone go out a venue in the mountains, ZZ Top in Cherokee, and had to go through the hassle of paying extra for a hard ticket at Will Call and ended up missing the opening.

2) I like to collect all my tickets so nice to have a souvenir.

I'm getting Lucky Dip through Will Call in Atlanta so maybe they will have this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-22 15:53 by tonyc.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: February 23, 2020 00:25

Strike
Have been a fan since I saw them first in 1982. Don`t get me wrong, have fun at the shows but I simply can`t stand it anymore. I´m over it somehow, hard to explain. I still attend many concerts every year most in smaller venues, I still discover new bands and music styles. My last Stones show was at the Waldbühne in Berlin in 2014 which for me was already the one show to much.
It is surely not easy to quit before it became ridiculous, but I´m afraid that is the way its gonna get.

Agree 100%. When I stopped and thought about it I realised that, for me, The Stones have become a group of guys role-playing at being a band. The last few times I saw than they were dangerously close to being a pastiche of what they used to be. The edge is gone. Sure because they are professionals they can put a show together, but it no longer has any soul or heart for me. It is just a performance shorn of the elements that made The Stones so vibrant, alive and dangerous.

Don't get me wrong. I respect these guys. And I respect everyone who is happy to see them do what they do, in the way they do it. I hope everyone who goes to see them enjoys every second. But for me the magic has gone!

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: February 23, 2020 00:50

GerardHennessy
Strike

Agree 100%. When I stopped and thought about it I realised that, for me, The Stones have become a group of guys role-playing at being a band. The last few times I saw than they were dangerously close to being a pastiche of what they used to be. The edge is gone. Sure because they are professionals they can put a show together, but it no longer has any soul or heart for me. It is just a performance shorn of the elements that made The Stones so vibrant, alive and dangerous.

Don't get me wrong. I respect these guys. And I respect everyone who is happy to see them do what they do, in the way they do it. I hope everyone who goes to see them enjoys every second. But for me the magic has gone!

Why are you two on iorr? They are legends with masterpieces to share.

Date: February 23, 2020 03:26

tonyc
TKinOH

Wow, I never heard of these before.

I would much prefer that to a phone ticket for two reasons:

1) I had my phone go out a venue in the mountains, ZZ Top in Cherokee, and had to go through the hassle of paying extra for a hard ticket at Will Call and ended up missing the opening.

2) I like to collect all my tickets so nice to have a souvenir.

I'm getting Lucky Dip through Will Call in Atlanta so maybe they will have this.

Buffalo tix arrived today, same Smart Tickets as Pittsburgh...

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 23, 2020 06:13

Got my tickets for Vancouver yesterday in the mail. Ordered actual tickets instead of the mobile phone ticket. Mine was just a regular ticket, not a smart ticket as some others have received.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 23, 2020 12:35

GerardHennessy
Strike

Sounds like you have divorced from your partner in life but you are still hanging around near the house and the life of your old partner because you can't really put that life of the old days behind you.

Nothing wrong with loosing the love of the band and their live act, but why publish the lost love in the public? Unless you look for counseling and a way to repair the lost love?

Bjornulf

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1742
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home