Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: February 12, 2020 19:42

Ellipooh
O.
M.
G.

at about the 25 minute mark, i finally got in. Pit 2 still available at $467. But 5x "another fan beat me" to the tickets (FIVE!!!).

Then 2x error codes, and then the Pit was sold out.

Briefly looked around for something front row of a section. Finally refreshed the page and lo and behold Pit 2 was back again -- but only VIP at $749 or Platinum at $999. Ugh. I took the stupid VIP. Added parking. Declined insurance. Clicked to purchase, and...

Transaction failed. Chase decided this was a fraudulent transaction (what, i havent been to enough RS shows over the past 40 years?), perhaps because it was venued in a different part of the country from where i typically play.

Clicked OK to Chase, tried again on TM and finally got the tickets. Phew. What a mess.

So not exactly a success story, but I suppose it could have been worse. I think.

I feel for you. What a disgraceful scam, this VIP package BS.

They sell a few at the "regular" price and then suck people in for hundreds of dollars more for a poster and lanyard.

Dreamtime is 100% correct.

And they got you for $300 in fees on top of the VIP scam? I really do feel for you.

Bait and switch. They know what they are doing.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: February 12, 2020 19:43

Topi
micawber
No way to pay for fans outside USA and Canada - waited 31 minutes and now that.
F*ck TM!

this is false, I am in Finland and no issues.

I've experienced both. I was absolutely fine with Nashville - it had the option of Mexico / Another country.

However I have tried several times for Minneapolis and Atlanta, and every time for these two cities it only gave me the option of U.S/Canada for delivery.

So something is up... Maybe it will be ok for Friday in the general sale??

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 12, 2020 19:44

DREAMTIME
THE PRESALE IS A GIMMICK TO SELL MARGINAL TICKETS TO PEOPLE WITH MONEY TO BURN AND A COVER TO DISTRIBUTE TICKETS TO THE SECONDARY RESALE MARKET!

But you are a known scalper yourself.

Nate

Posted by: JN99 ()
Date: February 12, 2020 19:47

Topi
keef94
Patience! These "face value" tickets are like an opening negotiation. I'm saying not just no, but "HELL NO" to the tickets at these prices. They will sink like a Stone as we get closer to the shows.

I don't think this is true. Last year pit tickets never went below 442+fees anywhere. Glendale I think was the cheapest. Pretty much every other city it was 499+fees face. Never below.

If you are talking about Platinum (which you should not be searching to begin with!) then you are right about prices fluctuating.

You have to be familiar with the system. Lots of rookie mistakes happening.

Agreed. Nothing dropped below face for the shows I tracked and that included the secondary market right up until about an hour before show time. Granted, I was only tracking floor and PIT seats. THere were VERY good floor tickets released day of for Chicago that were lower but those were last minute seats added when the floor was setup and there was additional room.

Posted by: keef94 ()
Date: February 12, 2020 19:48

Check out the current availability for Nashville tickets. Of the very few sections that they've opened up for this presale, the tickets are not even getting touched, after almost 2 hours. Section 114 and 133 are wide open, as are floor Sections A and E. You can tell by what's left that these are not going to sell for the current face value prices of $372 for the 100 level and $496 for the floor. Front Pit might be a different story, and God bless the people willing to pay for that experience. It helps subsidize folks like me who will wait for those $372 tickets to turn into $150 tickets.

[Edit, additional thought]
With this and other recent concerts at large venues, I almost feel like the presale might be more important as a source of data for them rather than a real push to sell tickets. Based on what gets bought in these initial testing/setting of the market, they have purchase info they can feed into algorithms for the rest of the on-sale period, right up until day of show. That's some speculation on my part of course, but it sure seems like "face value" is extremely variable and they're using a lot of different methods and sites to get the maximum dollar possible, directly from the fans. Presale, face value, secondary market, VIP, platinum, verified resale, scalping, it's all done by the same source now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-12 19:55 by keef94.

Posted by: MLH ()
Date: February 12, 2020 19:50

MisterDDDD
MLH
Anybody have any idea why no e-ticket option at all? I wasn't thrilled to be charged $5 to mail my paper tickets, but paper tickets only seems like a regression in ticket sales technology.

There is an e-ticket option if you have (or get) their app..

I do have the app but this use your phone option is not available for the Minneapolis show at least.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 12, 2020 19:50

Nate
But you are a known scalper yourself.

Nate

Was my first thought as well winking smiley

Date: February 12, 2020 19:51

MLH
I do have the app but this use your phone option is not available for the Minneapolis show at least.

Thats odd. Bummer.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 12, 2020 19:52

I for one had no other option THAN an e-ticket...

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 12, 2020 19:52

DREAMTIME
THE PRESALE IS A GIMMICK TO SELL MARGINAL TICKETS TO PEOPLE WITH MONEY TO BURN AND A COVER TO DISTRIBUTE TICKETS TO THE SECONDARY RESALE MARKET!

uh, no its not.

Date: February 12, 2020 19:54

Word to the wise: VPN doesn't work. They detect at least Avast Secureline VPN and the Opera built-in VPN.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 12, 2020 19:57

2 accounts with 2 cell phone numbers, one on phone not connected to wireless.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: February 12, 2020 19:59

What's amazing are the Stones are successful in convincing us that when we pay $500 for a pit ticket, we got a great deal . . . . . sigh . . . .

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: February 12, 2020 20:00

Topi
Word to the wise: VPN doesn't work. They detect at least Avast Secureline VPN and the Opera built-in VPN.

Tor browser?

Date: February 12, 2020 20:02

fzv98d
Looks like the pit is $699 this time. Got in for Detroit and Louisville. It took about 30 minutes.

Wrong, face pit is 499 + fees.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: February 12, 2020 20:08

I hate this ticket scramble. I will only go to San Diego but I still have “2000+ people in front of” me in the queue. I want a pit ticket. If I don’t get one today, I will try Friday. Trying not to panic is hard for me as I have had since 1972 a bad case of STSD (Stones ticket stress disorder).

Date: February 12, 2020 20:13

JadedFaded
I hate this ticket scramble. I will only go to San Diego but I still have “2000+ people in front of” me in the queue. I want a pit ticket. If I don’t get one today, I will try Friday. Trying not to panic is hard for me as I have had since 1972 a bad case of STSD (Stones ticket stress disorder).
In there now, both sides of Pit available at face $499.50
Hopefully still will be..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-12 20:13 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: February 12, 2020 20:14

Having bad luck with the waiting room. Might strike out again.

Date: February 12, 2020 20:15

Hope you’re right, MisterDDDD. I am now at “1056” people in front of me. Sigh...

Posted by: laurel ()
Date: February 12, 2020 20:16

Was there an option to buy paper tickets for San Diego? Thank you

Posted by: Ram ()
Date: February 12, 2020 20:19

Seeing a lot of e ticket only. Kinda disappointed since I like including my paper ticket in the frame with the litho. Might give TM a call and see if they can make mine paper instead.

Date: February 12, 2020 20:23

No face value pits

Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: February 12, 2020 20:25

Yeah, I got a whiff of SD pits until the dreaded "Sorry, someone got them ahead of you" message. Must have just missed. $749 vips only now.

Posted by: Marylou59 ()
Date: February 12, 2020 20:26

As I never visited Florida,my husband and I decided to take the risk and ...lucky we were ! I was second !!! in the queue and scored 2 pits Ronnie side !
Maybe a glitch in the loop ?
We were so happy we could not believe it !hot smiley

Marylou from France

Posted by: brucepv ()
Date: February 12, 2020 20:28

vibrolux
Yeah, I got a whiff of SD pits until the dreaded "Sorry, someone got them ahead of you" message. Must have just missed. $749 vips only now.

Same here

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: February 12, 2020 20:34

I'm pretty happy with mine, got 5th row 1st balcony club level seats, about 45 degrees to the stage on Ronnie's side, with the Amex Presale.

~$165 with fees.

As someone else said, would've preferred Keith's side but they were higher up and further back.

Date: February 12, 2020 20:34

Oh well, will have to go thru all this again Friday I guess. Not paying $749 for worthless VIP pit

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: February 12, 2020 20:36

MLH
Anybody have any idea why no e-ticket option at all? I wasn't thrilled to be charged $5 to mail my paper tickets, but paper tickets only seems like a regression in ticket sales technology.

I'm old school and I like real tickets. I'm okay with using a bar code for an airline boarding pass but for concerts I'll pay the extra $5 to get a real ticket.
Anyway, I saw an e-ticket option using my phone app.

Posted by: tonyc ()
Date: February 12, 2020 20:39

Lucky Dip requires a paper ticket.

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: February 12, 2020 20:41

With these Platinum tickets, how can you tell if the are face value or not?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1431
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home