Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 10, 2020 18:37

shattered
24FPS
AndrewL
Ticket purchase question!

Past two tours I've bought pit tix when they came on for the fan presale. They weren't cheap but I was happy to have them.

Anyone wait for the last minute and buy tix on Stubhub or similar? Wondering if they are less if I get them at the last minute.

What do people recommend?

If you have to worry about a date, it could be tougher. Most of these are going to be in football stadiums. There will be PLENTY of seats come day of the show. Go to the ticket window around 5 and see what they've got. I've had excellent seats that way, at face value. That's right. Box office tickets don't have fees, so far. In 2002 I got Stones' tickets. Yes, the actual tickets from the Stones. They hold on to a certain amount for certain people, then release the rest. They were 17th row, right at the side front of the stage. Primo. And since it was Los Angeles, there were celebrities sprinkled in the mix.

You'll rarely get a good seat waiting all night in line, or trying to get through to Ticketmaster. Another way is get a seating map of the venue. There will be PLENTY of scalpers. Many of them have already made their money. They're just trying to dump what they've got left, because their product is worthless once the show starts. Just check the ticket, see where it is on your seating chart, and make sure it's the right date. These are actual tips from an actual Stones concert goer. And I got 5th Row Prince tickets this way too.

Thank you. I noticed the box office being open until just after show time for ELO with plenty of tickets.

People are scared is the problem. They think the Stones will sell out a 60,000 seat stadium and there won't be one seat available. I don't know what the prices will be, but I'm sure that will be a deterrent to most snagging the better seats. Plus, the Stones have been touring constantly since 2012. They're not even bothering to give this one a novel name. It's the same everything that they toured the States with last year. (With maybe a song tweak or two, with a 'rare' song).

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: February 10, 2020 19:00

24FPS
shattered
24FPS
AndrewL
Ticket purchase question!

Past two tours I've bought pit tix when they came on for the fan presale. They weren't cheap but I was happy to have them.

Anyone wait for the last minute and buy tix on Stubhub or similar? Wondering if they are less if I get them at the last minute.

What do people recommend?

If you have to worry about a date, it could be tougher. Most of these are going to be in football stadiums. There will be PLENTY of seats come day of the show. Go to the ticket window around 5 and see what they've got. I've had excellent seats that way, at face value. That's right. Box office tickets don't have fees, so far. In 2002 I got Stones' tickets. Yes, the actual tickets from the Stones. They hold on to a certain amount for certain people, then release the rest. They were 17th row, right at the side front of the stage. Primo. And since it was Los Angeles, there were celebrities sprinkled in the mix.

You'll rarely get a good seat waiting all night in line, or trying to get through to Ticketmaster. Another way is get a seating map of the venue. There will be PLENTY of scalpers. Many of them have already made their money. They're just trying to dump what they've got left, because their product is worthless once the show starts. Just check the ticket, see where it is on your seating chart, and make sure it's the right date. These are actual tips from an actual Stones concert goer. And I got 5th Row Prince tickets this way too.

Thank you. I noticed the box office being open until just after show time for ELO with plenty of tickets.

People are scared is the problem. They think the Stones will sell out a 60,000 seat stadium and there won't be one seat available. I don't know what the prices will be, but I'm sure that will be a deterrent to most snagging the better seats. Plus, the Stones have been touring constantly since 2012. They're not even bothering to give this one a novel name. It's the same everything that they toured the States with last year. (With maybe a song tweak or two, with a 'rare' song).

You really have to be a die hard fan to shell out 500 bucks to see them this year if you already saw them last year. When I saw them in 1989 the moment when just the five of them came out together on stage for a final bow, it was really profound. It felt like being in the presence of living legends that came back to rock and roll once again. There was a palatable energy in the stadium. If I saw them this year, I seriously doubt I would feel anything like that at all. All the more power to those that are super pumped up, but I can't feel it.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 10, 2020 19:07

Are there presale codes that I missed for this tour?? I haven't found the actual announcement, and the Stones app doesn't even have upcoming shows on it. I'm a bit baffled, but want to make sure I can get as early access as possible.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: February 10, 2020 19:13

VoodooLounge13
Are there presale codes that I missed for this tour?? I haven't found the actual announcement, and the Stones app doesn't even have upcoming shows on it. I'm a bit baffled, but want to make sure I can get as early access as possible.

My Stones app is blank too for upcoming shoes, makes me wonder if they even pay attention to it anymore.

Posted by: RMNice1958 ()
Date: February 10, 2020 19:17

Anyone got any tips for buying tickets for more than one show at the same time through TM? Only ever bought for one show at a time before.

Date: February 10, 2020 19:21

RMNice1958
Anyone got any tips for buying tickets for more than one show at the same time through TM? Only ever bought for one show at a time before.

I spoke with Ticketmaster last week about that, and they said each venue is a separate transaction. You have go back into que for each transaction, I figure San Diego will be toughest market because of LA buyers, then I will go to Vancouver tickets. Since Tampa will be 7 am my time, I can purchase that one early.

Posted by: RMNice1958 ()
Date: February 10, 2020 19:40

Thanks. I figured it wouldn’t be easy. Buffalo first them Detroit for me.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: February 10, 2020 20:29

For what it's worth, I did the AmEx pre-sale in 2015 and actually pulled up worse seats than what popped up when the general on-sale started. Suspect "pre-sale" is a scam.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-10 20:30 by Send It To me.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: February 10, 2020 20:35

Send It To me
For what it's worth, I did the AmEx pre-sale in 2015 and actually pulled up worse seats than what popped up when the general on-sale started. Suspect "pre-sale" is a scam.

if you think that getting rid of the worst seats to fans who think they are getting a great pre-sale deal, then it's a scam. What you described is always the case. It's always better to wait

Posted by: brucepv ()
Date: February 10, 2020 20:55

Send It To me

I use Amex Preferred Seats access for presales and have had good luck getting aisle seats at face value prices for most shows.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 10, 2020 21:32

2014Slayer
RMNice1958

I spoke with Ticketmaster last week about that, and they said each venue is a separate transaction. You have go back into que for each transaction, I figure San Diego will be toughest market because of LA buyers, then I will go to Vancouver tickets. Since Tampa will be 7 am my time, I can purchase that one early.

U should be able to have two or more windows open on different devices using the same account and order tickets simultaneously for more than one show. Correct me if I am wrong.

plexi

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 10, 2020 23:10

RMNice1958

Use one browser per venue. You can't use the same account for multiple sessions for one show but for multiple shows that works.

Date: February 10, 2020 23:11

Send It To me

There is a mixture. If you don't like the seats toss them back. For last tour I got same seats for multiple venues. Once using presale once using regular sale.

Posted by: spoonful2 ()
Date: February 10, 2020 23:22

timbernardis
2014Slayer
RMNice1958

U should be able to have two or more windows open on different devices using the same account and order tickets simultaneously for more than one show. Correct me if I am wrong.

plexi

Not anymore, most of the time they will kick all but 1 (and often that one too) out.

Date: February 11, 2020 00:01

spoonful2
timbernardis
2014Slayer
RMNice1958

plexi

Not anymore, most of the time they will kick all but 1 (and often that one too) out.

I signed out of my ticketmaster on both my phone and tablet, so the only one open will be only computer.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: February 11, 2020 00:16

Lucky Dip tix are not transferable, correct?

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: February 11, 2020 00:28

kv2915
Lucky Dip tix are not transferable, correct?

I think sometimes you can - but you must go through ticketmaster. I was able
to transfer to my daughter whom has the same last name - so maybe that made
it easier.

Date: February 11, 2020 02:40

spoonful2
timbernardis
2014Slayer
RMNice1958

plexi

Multiple events are ok. I had 2 Roger Waters shows ordered at same time.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 11, 2020 03:36

daspyknows
spoonful2
timbernardis
2014Slayer
RMNice1958

plexi

When did you order those? I am just wondering if this new process would affect that -- regarding getting some kind of a code that then allows you into a waiting room which is essentially a line and you can only order once you come up in the queue, etc. Don't know if I have got the process correctly, but I intend to practice during the presale in advance of the general sale on Friday. This new process/procedure has got me kind of nervous. My whole tour is predicated on getting Lucky Dips for all or most shows and I can't have things screwed up at this late date.

plexi

Date: February 11, 2020 04:43

timbernardis
daspyknows
spoonful2
timbernardis
2014Slayer
RMNice1958

plexi

When did you order those? I am just wondering if this new process would affect that -- regarding getting some kind of a code that then allows you into a waiting room which is essentially a line and you can only order once you come up in the queue, etc. Don't know if I have got the process correctly, but I intend to practice during the presale in advance of the general sale on Friday. This new process/procedure has got me kind of nervous. My whole tour is predicated on getting Lucky Dips for all or most shows and I can't have things screwed up at this late date.

plexi

A few weeks ago when tickets to SF and Sacramento went on sale. You get a code for each show, just don't mix them up. You enter 2 different "waiting rooms".

They do have the ability to do different things for different shows. Love Rocks Benefit in NY was a free for all lie the old days without a waiting room.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-11 04:44 by daspyknows.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 11, 2020 09:00

timbernardis
daspyknows
spoonful2
timbernardis
2014Slayer
RMNice1958

plexi

plexi

Aren't lucky dips a whole different process, which you order through the Stones site, rather than the TM site? (Forgive me if I'm wrong.) I don't know if the waiting room is applicable in that case.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 11, 2020 11:19

please delete, takk

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-11 12:02 by Topi.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: February 11, 2020 13:09

Were there any tickets for print at home available last year?
When do they ship the tickets? Two weeks before the show or earlier?

Posted by: jensgeiss ()
Date: February 11, 2020 13:22

Dear Bjornulf,

first of all I have to thank you so much for your work - it's just gorgeous what you are doing!

I am a guest reader on the forum for two years now since my love for the Stones appeared a bit later in my life...

I first saw them 2006 in Stuttgart and had the luck to get a Front of stage ticket just a few days ahead of the gig from a friend. What I saw there was just amazing - as I was alone I made my way to row 3 and it happened that Mick got off the stage in the space between Stage and crowd just a few inches away from me: if wanted I could have touched him easily. But I didn't because of that aura he spread right from the beginnig of the concert.

When they entered the stage you recognised what fun they have in what they are doing - and this feeling got me through my whole life since then: have fun with everything you do!

I changed my job twice since then, first in my original profession in banking and then in the local politics which was a long time hobby for me till 2014.

In 2014 I got elected as the mayor of my hometown Oftersheim, which is a 12.500-inhabitants city just 10 kilometers outside of the city of Heidelberg (and also 5 Km away from Hockenheim, where the Stones played with AC/DC as an opener in 1995 - unfortunately I could not make it that day).

However: that day in 2006 changed my life in a special way...

But: I also thought that this was the best live appearance I had seen (and I had seen many artists over the years as I am hobby-drummer as well including acts like Genesis, Dire Straits, AC/DC, KISS, The Who, Guns'n'Roses, Bryan Adams,Van Halen, Bon Jovi, Robbie Williams and many more. You name it, I've seen it.

The thing with the Stones was: I thought it couldn't get any better and this was the memories I wanted to keep! I did not want to have this memory destroyed by seeing a concert of some old men who get on stage just because they do not know what to do instead if you know what I mean - and this was one of the most wrong decisions I could make...

Because it had to take 11 years since I broke with my decision to not see the stones again: I bought two tickets for the Munich concert in the 2017 leg of the No Filter tour. I just bought normal crowd tickets and managed to get in front of the mixing area in the Munich Olympiastadion.

It was a great concert, but I also saw, that it is not the same to see the four of them (plus the additional amazing musicians) from that far and just over the screens.

So it happened what had to happen: as they announced the 2018 leg I ordered my first PIT ticket for Berlin. I got here by train, had a great hotel near the Bundestag and enjoyed my three days stay in the city - fortunately I'm blessed with the best wife which takes great care of our two four and two year old daughters Lilli and Lotta while I'm away (of course the girls are already Stones-Fans...).

What can I say? The concert was a blast! This direct right-in-the-face appearance was just amazing! To see every sprinkle in their faces filled with pure fun and energy was great!

Long story short: I had to see them again and got back one-and-a-half week later to the Stuttgart concert - of course PIT 1 again...

And then I thought this was it. I thought I had seen the third-last concert of the Stones ever as there were no signs that they would come back the year later at that point.

But again I was wrong: in November 2018 they announced their 2019 US-Tour! And now I wanted to grab the chance to see the last concert of the Stones ever... I got a ticket for the Chicago show on June 21st (PIT again - what else?!?). Of course I got me another ticket for the show on the 25th as well just after presale started...

You can imagine my feelings when the first rumours about Micks health problems appeared in spring 2019 and when they announced the tour to be postponed.

My whole calendar of my mayor job was built around that trip date in June and I saw that there was no chance to get it arranged when the dates would be changed...

I was a silent reader of the IORR Stones forum nearly every evening at these days - trying to get information about the postponement. And when first rumours appeared that the Chicago shows may be the opener, I couldn't believe how lucky I was. I sweared to myself to never play the lottery (which I hadn't till then...) because I had all of my luck used...

So I made another eight day trip without my family to Chicago in June 2019. The concerts were great, the trip was great, I enjoyed it very much. When Mick entered the stage, I couldn't believe my eyes - I just thougt: if I ever had heart surgeries, I want to see his doctor! The appearance was pure magic again.

Again I thought: this was it - I was lucky enough to see the two opening acts of the last ever leg of a Stones tour (although I couldn't make it to their last concert). But I was very satisfied.

Till now. They announced another tour, again in the US. What about my last show of the Stones??? I watched out for the dates again. Rumours showed a possibility of having a concert in St. Louis where very good friends of ours live. They had been guests at my wedding back in 2015 and I thought this was a great chance to visit them again...

But as I didn't want to treat my two year old with a nine hours flight, I was not sure if I should do it again without my family as the time that we have togehther is short already. I talked to my wife which was again one of the nicest persons ever on this planet... - again she said: do it.

But then I had the idea of taking my daughter Lilli with me: she would be four-and-a-half in June and I could talk to her about the trip which included a nine hours flight to America.

I contacted our friends in St. Louis and they were as nice as you ever could think about: we are so very welcome - it's just amazing to enjoy the feelings of that father-daughter-trip in advance!

So I'm looking forward to another adventure connected with the Rolling Stones in June 2020!

All the best to all of you!

Jens - It's only Rock'n'Roll but I like it...

Posted by: MichaelLassen ()
Date: February 11, 2020 13:32

What a great share Jens. And the word sprinkle! Damn I love that. I'm somewhat known to be a worldclass wordsmith in terms of coaching, but sprinkle vs wrinkle... I can't beat that! :-)

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: February 11, 2020 14:19

Jens-See ya in St. Louis!

Pre-sale code
Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: February 11, 2020 13:59

Has anyone received their code?

Re: Pre-sale code
Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: February 11, 2020 14:09

Not yet...

Re: Pre-sale code
Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 11, 2020 14:15

All the codes have been posted a few times in here already.

Ticket prices?
Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: February 10, 2020 22:38

What are the ticket prices? What kind of packages? What for tickets are going to be sold. Any news on this?
Thanks Chris

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1928
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home