Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 8, 2020 20:45

GerardHennessy
timbernardis
GerardHennessy
tioms
Hallo, I'm a Stones fan from 1968. I saw them the first time in 1973, Belgium.
I saw them the last time in Utrecht. I don't won't them to see anymore.
I'm fed up with all that old songs.

Well said. Me too! I have heard the same songs again and again more times than I care to remember. I love the band, I love their music. ALL their music. Not just the 30 or so songs, from which around 20 are chosen to make up their concert performances now. There are fantastic numbers that would work wonderfully in concert if only the band were brave enough to play them again. And I'm not talking about deeply obscure numbers either. 19th Nervous Breakdown. Have You Seen Your Mother Baby? Ruby Tuesday. Dandelion. Shes A Rainbow. Waiting On A Friend. And they have played some of these over the years. Not just anytime recently.

Mind you, whenever the band play anything from outside the core list of numbers now, the exodus to the bar begins, together with the slow hand-claps, occasional booing, and a dozen loud-mouths yelling for Satisfaction, Start Me Up or Brown Sugar. And this is stuff I have experienced personally at several different concerts. It is not heresay evidence from anyone else.

BS, I have NEVER heard anyone boo the band in my 58 shows over 44 years no matter if they don't particularly like a few of the songs.

plexi

I'm delighted you have not heard any booing. I wish I could say the same. Maybe you get better seats. Or maybe I have just been unfortunate. But remember I did say 'occasional booing' - not widespread and not at every gig. Unfortunately just a few drunk 'pretend-fans' can make a bit of noise. On average at maybe 20% of gigs. Sadly the shouting for warhorses and exodus to the bar are far more frequent. I pretty well experience those at most gigs. I get no pleasure from saying this. As a lifelong fan of the band it makes me sad. What should be totally joyful occasions become just a little unpleasant.

I cannot compete with your amazing attendance record - 58 gigs over 44 years is wonderful. My compliments. I can only muster 43 (I think) over 55 years, seeing them firstly in the UK in 1965, then again last year for probably the final time. If you attend any gigs this time around, enjoy them to the full my friend!

I will. Sometimes I have had good seats/spots, but more often than not have not had seats in the front. On this tour, I've been lucky, have been in the pit on five of my thus far 10 shows. Thanks for your kind remarks. Wish I had seen them in '65, but I was a little too young and didn't see them til '75. Completely missed the Brian Jones and Mick Taylor eras.

plexi

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: February 8, 2020 21:31

TumblinDice76
I may be in the minority here but I was 99% sure Chicago 1 last year was going to be my last Stones show. For me this tour is a BONUS. I'm not going to give the set list a single thought going into St. Louis. I'm just going to simply enjoy!

Me too! Went to the U.S. tour opener thinking that's it, but now coming to my hometown of St. Louis!

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: February 8, 2020 22:37

Last Time would be a great opener! Depending when the GHS Special Edition comes out, it may have no affect on the setlist. If it drops before or during tour than maybe, but if it comes out in say November, than I don't think it will have an affect on the setlist.

Date: February 8, 2020 22:50

Irix
DiegoGlimmerStones

Hi anyone have a recording of the iHeartRadio NY Q104.3 announcement?

Maybe it helps to post a request in the Buy/Sell/Trade-Section - [iorr.org] .

I wanted to do a recording but the original iHeartRadio-Link didn't work in Europe (only Podcasts were showed, no Live-Stream).
As I saw this Link: [iorr.org] it was already too late to set up the Recording-Environment (Virtual Soundcard + Audio-Editor).
Hi Irix! thank you for answer, I will post a request in the Buy/Sell/Trade-Section

Posted by: AndrewL ()
Date: February 8, 2020 23:24

Ticket purchase question!

Past two tours I've bought pit tix when they came on for the fan presale. They weren't cheap but I was happy to have them.

Anyone wait for the last minute and buy tix on Stubhub or similar? Wondering if they are less if I get them at the last minute.

What do people recommend?

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: February 9, 2020 00:16

AndrewL

Past two tours I've bought pit tix when they came on for the fan presale. They weren't cheap but I was happy to have them.

Anyone wait for the last minute and buy tix on Stubhub or similar? Wondering if they are less if I get them at the last minute.

I think it depends on the venue. I know that worked in PHX last year but tix did not drop much at all for Denver and esp LA.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: February 9, 2020 03:38

StubHub last minute could work well at many shows this year since these are secondary markets.

Date: February 9, 2020 04:22

WelshEdge1
StubHub last minute could work well at many shows this year since these are secondary markets.

Maybe. Sacramento 99 was a second or even third tier market and the first show sold out so quickly they added a second show.

plexi

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 9, 2020 05:35

timbernardis
WelshEdge1

Maybe. Sacramento 99 was a second or even third tier market and the first show sold out so quickly they added a second show.

plexi

Sacramento wasn't a stadium and Sacramento is close to SF Bay Area. Shorter drive from SF than San Jose depending on traffic sometimes.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: February 9, 2020 06:31

U2 Louisville you could get tickets on the day for less than 15USD.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: February 9, 2020 10:45

Why Viagogo offers ticktets already???
Before the pre-pre-sale?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: February 9, 2020 11:33

caschimann
Before the pre-pre-sale?

Because there are still too many people that don't know what Viagogo is - the biggest scalping company in the world.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: February 9, 2020 12:50

hockenheim95
caschimann
Before the pre-pre-sale?

Because there are still too many people that don't know what Viagogo is - the biggest scalping company in the world.
A big rip off

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: February 9, 2020 18:22

Vivid seats too scalpers all ready got tickets up for sale.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 9, 2020 19:29

Make sure to update your ticketmaster account - they have new security measures in place. I had to register a new account just now cause my old would accept my credit card that I used to buy LD last tour. Strange.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 9, 2020 19:59

I have now posted tour maps from in the tour pages:

iorr.org/tour20/

Thanks to Atsu-y-atsuy Japan, Richard Fox New Zealand and Philip Bajo Austria for great maps!

Bjornulf

Date: February 9, 2020 21:15

schwonek
Make sure to update your ticketmaster account - they have new security measures in place. I had to register a new account just now cause my old would accept my credit card that I used to buy LD last tour. Strange.

Update or create a new account?

Can u explain this in a little more detail? What exactly happened?

plexi

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: February 9, 2020 21:31

Just checked Ticketmaster for seating diagrams.
No diagrams posted yet for St. Louis, Charlotte NC, or Tampa.
Also the Vancouver show has a diagram with no Pits or GA, all reserved seats on the floor. Strange?

Date: February 9, 2020 22:05

timbernardis
schwonek

plexi

My credit card got renewed but TM wouldnt accept it since it is from Germany. When I created a new account it worked. Also I had to doublecheck by entering a code that was sent to my cellphone.

Posted by: 1badgator ()
Date: February 9, 2020 22:12

I can't believe I almost snoozed on this. Just heard it on the radio after jacking up my Tdi to pull the motor, clean hands, confirm with IORR, reserve room across from Raymond James Stadium Tampa.

Posted by: trevormcmullin ()
Date: February 9, 2020 23:00

I SAW a post on the SHIDOOBEE Facebook group page earlier, that said something along the lines of (The Rolling Stones will be performing on Feb/29 or March 1st in Melbourne, Australia.) as part of an Australian Fire relief concert. I can not seem to find the post now. Has anybody else heard anything about this?

I Hope it is true but, I gotta say it seems unfounded and unlikely to me. Very short notice to rehearse/ travel to Australia, and potentially transport their stage/production for one show. Plus there is nothing on here about it as of right now. Seems Strange.

Posted by: trevormcmullin ()
Date: February 9, 2020 23:09

Upon further research... I believe the post was a joke, saying that they were performing in Melbourne on February 31st. which obviously does not exist.

Got excited and fell for it. oops. smh

Date: February 10, 2020 03:21

schwonek
timbernardis
schwonek

plexi

My credit card got renewed but TM wouldnt accept it since it is from Germany. When I created a new account it worked. Also I had to doublecheck by entering a code that was sent to my cellphone.

Who sent the code?

plexi

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 10, 2020 08:01

AndrewL

If you have to worry about a date, it could be tougher. Most of these are going to be in football stadiums. There will be PLENTY of seats come day of the show. Go to the ticket window around 5 and see what they've got. I've had excellent seats that way, at face value. That's right. Box office tickets don't have fees, so far. In 2002 I got Stones' tickets. Yes, the actual tickets from the Stones. They hold on to a certain amount for certain people, then release the rest. They were 17th row, right at the side front of the stage. Primo. And since it was Los Angeles, there were celebrities sprinkled in the mix.

You'll rarely get a good seat waiting all night in line, or trying to get through to Ticketmaster. Another way is get a seating map of the venue. There will be PLENTY of scalpers. Many of them have already made their money. They're just trying to dump what they've got left, because their product is worthless once the show starts. Just check the ticket, see where it is on your seating chart, and make sure it's the right date. These are actual tips from an actual Stones concert goer. And I got 5th Row Prince tickets this way too.

Posted by: glimmerstone ()
Date: February 10, 2020 08:03

I think this might have been partially answered already re: Ticketmaster and pre-sale etc., but here goes.

After all of the confusion last time over cancelling tickets and changing dates (I eventually got in the pit 3x - now a bit spoiled), I am unsure how to best go about aiming for tickets in 3 or 4 cities (in the same time zone).

I know that when you try to get into the Ticketmaster queue to buy tickets, you have to be signed in and a verification code gets sent to your phone and you need to enter that in order to get a place in line.

After experimenting a bit with the Justin Bieber presale last week, I think I was able to get past the queue using the same Ticketmaster account on two devices at the same time to shop for tickets at different venues (getting a verification code each time to get in line - I then seemed to be let in to view seats for different cities at the same time).

Does anyone know if this is correct? Can you try for tickets in different cities at the same time?

But when I tried the same account on two different devices for the same venue, the second time I tried to get through the queue I got a message that says to go to the other device you are already using.

I then tried a second Ticketmaster account with the same phone number. When I tried the two different accounts at the same venue, I could only get in once.

I was doing this at work and it was hard to keep track of what was happening on a small tablet and a phone, but I thought I would ask if anyone knows more so as not to waste time and get kicked out of line.

Also, I didn't actually buy any tickets so not sure what would happen at next steps.

P.S. I read lots and don't really post much here, but want to join in and say thank you so much to those in the know who give so much of their time to gather information about tour cities and dates. Happy once again to be set with some hotels and flights with hope of tickets!!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 10, 2020 10:35

Four shows in 2020 for me.

I am gonna be calling this the Topi 4/20 Tour!

Overseas flights booked on Finnair metal from American Airlines.

Land in San Diego May 4, stay a week, fly to Vancouver May 11, stay until Thursday, fly to Minneapolis, stay until the 17th.

Finally, Smashville from May 17 thru 21.

This is going to be so good.

I had a fear Chicago #2 would be my last show but no, here we go again.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: February 10, 2020 11:28

24FPS
AndrewL

If you have to worry about a date, it could be tougher. Most of these are going to be in football stadiums. There will be PLENTY of seats come day of the show. Go to the ticket window around 5 and see what they've got. I've had excellent seats that way, at face value. That's right. Box office tickets don't have fees, so far. In 2002 I got Stones' tickets. Yes, the actual tickets from the Stones. They hold on to a certain amount for certain people, then release the rest. They were 17th row, right at the side front of the stage. Primo. And since it was Los Angeles, there were celebrities sprinkled in the mix.

You'll rarely get a good seat waiting all night in line, or trying to get through to Ticketmaster. Another way is get a seating map of the venue. There will be PLENTY of scalpers. Many of them have already made their money. They're just trying to dump what they've got left, because their product is worthless once the show starts. Just check the ticket, see where it is on your seating chart, and make sure it's the right date. These are actual tips from an actual Stones concert goer. And I got 5th Row Prince tickets this way too.

Thank you. I noticed the box office being open until just after show time for ELO with plenty of tickets.

Date: February 10, 2020 12:04

timbernardis
Who sent the code?

plexi

Well, it was a German cellphone number. So I guess they have system established in all countries and you get a local text message with your code. It worked.

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: February 10, 2020 15:58

Some venues seat maps loaded on TM today show quite a few seats completely behind the stage, and Austin shows no pit?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 10, 2020 16:01

MizzAmandaJonez
Some venues seat maps loaded on TM today show quite a few seats completely behind the stage, and Austin shows no pit?

Austin definitely has pits. And then some.. lots of choices.
[thecircuit.com]

Sure they'll fine tune maps before the sale.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1552
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home