Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 157
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020
Posted by: Testify ()
Date: February 6, 2020 15:09

Topi
Honest to God I thought Hyde Park in 2013 would be my last chance ever to see the Stones.

And here we are, seven years later. It's in-f*cking-credible.

We are so lucky we don't realize it, people.

I thought the same thing way back in 1990 during the UJTour. Instead here we are in 2020!

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: February 6, 2020 15:10

Austin... lotsa info here...

[thecircuit.com]

Definitely similar to the Indianapolis and Burl's Creek set-ups.

The info for Parking states any on-site parking will need pre-paid passes, and shuttles will be in action from around the city.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-06 15:40 by TKinOH.

Date: February 6, 2020 15:18

Minneapolis...

[www.usbankstadium.com]

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 6, 2020 15:19

Keith Richards Finally Quit Smoking Ahead Of New Rolling Stones U.S. Tour

By Andrew Magnotta
Feb 6, 2020

The Rolling Stones are returning to the U.S. this spring in what Mick Jagger and Keith Richards are characterizing as a continuation of last year's 'No Filter' tour.

After breaking the tour news Thursday morning in an interview with Q104.3 New York's Jim Kerr, Richards explained that he's taken another step in his ongoing resolution to get healthier and to keep rocking.

"I've given up smoking...since October," Richards said. "Done that, been there (laughs)."

The iconic guitarist who's made headlines in recent years with revelations about giving up liquor and finding today's drugs "not interesting," suggested that his lone remaining vices are rock and roll and the occasional glass of Pinot Grigio.

Richards has been trying to quit smoking for some time. He said last year that kicking nicotine was harder that quitting heroin.

The Rolling Stones 'No Filter' tour returns to the U.S. in May, with the Rock and Roll Hall of Famers visiting several cities they haven't played in over a decade.

"I think both Mick and I felt that on the last tour we were just getting going," Richards added of the prior U.S. jaunt. "...[W]e've got to continue this."

Jagger added that the Stones would have liked to have toured longer in 2019, but it didn't work out that way.

"We chose to do a shorter tour, which is fine with me," he said. "This is, in a way, a continuation of last year's shows."

Beyond getting ready for the spring/summer run of dates, Jagger says he working on songs for the new Stones album,wrapping up a reissue of the band's 1973 album Goats Head Soup and preparing for the release of his new film, The Burnt Orange Heresy, which arrives in March.

[q1043.iheart.com]

Date: February 6, 2020 15:21

Pittsburgh...

[heinzfield.com]

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 6, 2020 15:27

RG
Will there be Lucky Dip sale again this time?

We don't know yet. But I am pretty confident since I will buy them!

Date: February 6, 2020 15:28

Posted by: 5stringTele ()
Date: February 6, 2020 15:41

If they do re-issue GHS, there might be an exciting addition or two to the setlist. They already play Angie frequently on the B-stage, but we may also get Dancing With Mr D, Doo^5 Heartbreaker, or, wait for it, STAR STAR.

I think just seeing them play Star Star live again would be worth the price of admission.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: February 6, 2020 15:46

Start me up

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: February 6, 2020 15:51

Topi
Honest to God I thought Hyde Park in 2013 would be my last chance ever to see the Stones.

Beautiful post Topi.

I couldn't agree more!

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Date: February 6, 2020 15:58

5stringTele
If they do re-issue GHS, there might be an exciting addition or two to the setlist. They already play Angie frequently on the B-stage, but we may also get Dancing With Mr D, Doo^5 Heartbreaker, or, wait for it, STAR STAR.

I think just seeing them play Star Star live again would be worth the price of admission.

I've never gotten Star Star, that would be worth the price for sure!

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: February 6, 2020 15:59

The Cotton Bowl!
Nice!

Date: February 6, 2020 16:03

Vancouver...

[www.bcplace.com]

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 6, 2020 16:05

LOL, the heroin/cigarettes analogy yet again.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: February 6, 2020 16:06

TKinOH
Austin... lotsa info here...

[thecircuit.com]

Definitely similar to the Indianapolis and Burl's Creek set-ups.

The info for Parking states any on-site parking will need pre-paid passes, and shuttles will be in action from around the city.

Golden Circle! I wish they would have that at every show...

Date: February 6, 2020 16:06

Mr Jimmy
Topi

Beautiful post Topi.

I couldn't agree more!

So true.....history in the making......again......

Posted by: LadyJane ()
Date: February 6, 2020 16:14

I really thought I said goodbye in Buffalo on 07/11/15. It had been 40 years and the circle was closing in the same stadium where I first saw them in 1975.

5 years later they are coming back!!

TINGLE!!!

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: February 6, 2020 16:16

TKinOH
5stringTele

I've never gotten Star Star, that would be worth the price for sure!

Star Star should replace the well-worn IORR,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-06 16:18 by Father Ted.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: February 6, 2020 16:17

TKinOH
Buffalo info...

[www.buffalobills.com]

Wow- I can't believe they are coming back to Buffalo again! My last Stones concert in 2015 was their Buffalo show (which was their last American date)- and one of the better later days shows my son had taken in I might add.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-02-06 16:19 by Sighunt.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: February 6, 2020 16:19

I am 31 years old now, I saw them the first time with my dad in 2003, Rotterdam, when I turned 15 a few days before.

He told me: 'this could be the last time'.

And now..I saw them many more times in different places across Europe and USA. Looking forward to my 20th gig in USA this summer. What a dream, they are still performing live. What a fkn dream. The boys just made my day (again).

Posted by: Ram ()
Date: February 6, 2020 16:25

Cheers everyone! Gonna be another great summer smileys with beer For once I dont have to travel to Pittsburgh, Twickenham, or Miami and battle a Crossfire Hurricane. Hope to see you all here in Tampa!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 6, 2020 16:26

Topi

Right??

I remember very well negotiating with my wife in 2012 to fly to NY as I was fairly certain it would be the last time to see them in the US.
Been using that same argument, and believing it, nearly every tour since, including this one! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: February 6, 2020 16:42

Sighunt
TKinOH
Buffalo info...

[www.buffalobills.com]

Wow- I can't believe they are coming back to Buffalo again! My last Stones concert in 2015 was their Buffalo show (which was their last American date)- and one of the better later days shows my son had taken in I might add.

my first time seeing them was in Buffalo 1981,, almost seems full circle!!!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 6, 2020 16:45

bye bye johnny
Keith Richards Finally Quit Smoking Ahead Of New Rolling Stones U.S. Tour

By Andrew Magnotta
Feb 6, 2020

The Rolling Stones are returning to the U.S. this spring in what Mick Jagger and Keith Richards are characterizing as a continuation of last year's 'No Filter' tour.

After breaking the tour news Thursday morning in an interview with Q104.3 New York's Jim Kerr, Richards explained that he's taken another step in his ongoing resolution to get healthier and to keep rocking.

"I've given up smoking...since October," Richards said. "Done that, been there (laughs)."

The iconic guitarist who's made headlines in recent years with revelations about giving up liquor and finding today's drugs "not interesting," suggested that his lone remaining vices are rock and roll and the occasional glass of Pinot Grigio.

Richards has been trying to quit smoking for some time. He said last year that kicking nicotine was harder that quitting heroin.

The Rolling Stones 'No Filter' tour returns to the U.S. in May, with the Rock and Roll Hall of Famers visiting several cities they haven't played in over a decade.

"I think both Mick and I felt that on the last tour we were just getting going," Richards added of the prior U.S. jaunt. "...[W]e've got to continue this."

Jagger added that the Stones would have liked to have toured longer in 2019, but it didn't work out that way.

"We chose to do a shorter tour, which is fine with me," he said. "This is, in a way, a continuation of last year's shows."

Beyond getting ready for the spring/summer run of dates, Jagger says he working on songs for the new Stones album,wrapping up a reissue of the band's 1973 album Goats Head Soup[/i] and preparing for the release of his new film, The Burnt Orange Heresy, which arrives in March.

[q1043.iheart.com]

whoa what?!!!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 6, 2020 16:49

Contest link..

[news.iheart.com]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 6, 2020 16:50

LadyJane

I really thought I said goodbye in Buffalo on 07/11/15. It had been 40 years and the circle was closing in the same stadium where I first saw them in 1975.

5 years later they are coming back!!

As promised in Quebec 07/15/15.

Mick: "I think maybe we should do it again sometime" - and Charlie: "Yes" - [www.YouTube.com] .... smiling smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 6, 2020 17:00

So..they are playing in Tampa on July 5, which is a Sunday. I assume that the July 4th work holiday will be on Monday the 6th. Pre-sale starts next Wednesday.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 6, 2020 17:04

July 4 work holiday will be observed on July 3.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: February 6, 2020 17:07

Please Keith, it's time to dust off "Coming Down Agsin".

Going to try for Vancouver, as it's the only venue within a thousand miles from Seattle.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 6, 2020 17:18

Silver Dagger
It's every four days now so they should be in fine fettle for every gig. Great to see them back on the road.

Yes I noticed that as well, up from 3 days since...2013 ? It doesn't change much for the fans and if it works better for them, why not !

Best news of the day is probaly the GHS rerelease though ! Several known songs from these sessions have not been bootlegged.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 157

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1994
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home