Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Speculation about what's in the Stones' Vault
Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: February 5, 2020 21:10

The recent ABKCO 1969 copyright protection release makes me wonder.

The Stones themselves have shown over the years that they take a very professional approach to concerts, with weeks spent rehearsing. In their early years they also took trouble to record backing tracks, that were different from their released records. For example, David Frost Show SFTD & promo video JJF.

Also, the Stones themselves can never hear what they are going to actually sound like live on tour because they are playing........unless they professionally record it.

So for example, Let It Rock was played live in 1971 but has never been listed as recorded in a studio.........but it must have been rehearsed.

I wonder therefore whether there is a studio recording of Let It Rock in the vaults? And what else could there be?

I wonder if there is an actual document indexing what is in the vaults (there must be in order to find things)?

Re: Speculation about what's in the Stones' Vault
Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: February 6, 2020 15:47

Don't really get what you mean.
But I don't think they recorded their tour rehearsals in those days.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 6, 2020 16:30

Kingbeebuzz

I wonder if there is an actual document indexing what is in the vaults (there must be in order to find things)?

I'm quite sure Teri Landi from ABKCO and the responsible persons from Universal Music have an Index what's in the Vaults (and where to find things).

But they won't tell it us - they like to "surprise" us every future Xmas with new releases (like the Beatles) .... winking smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 6, 2020 16:32

Imho they have everything that they taped along their career. That might start with the 1969 American tour tapes plus the Saville Theatre late 69 gigs.

Unlike Led zep (where live tapes have gone missing soemtime in the 80's) or Dylan (who lost chunks of live archives : the tapes from his 78 tour have all been erased) the Stones have preserved everything.

What lacks though is the will to exploit and release this archival treasure! grinning smiley

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: February 6, 2020 17:10

Rae Dawn Chong's chastity belt?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1705
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home